[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Do I need special equipment to break the wall of the space station and extend the rooms? I'd like to use it as my home-base rather than building in any of the worlds.

Also I'm not very far in... Am I meant to not be able to use my inventory? I can only use my hotbar it seems...

Try a little later once you get a better pick head. Bronze should be able to do it, either way pick progression is super fast. As for the inventory, it's intended. You will unlock it later as you do quests.

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
What a fantastic start. As soon as I did the quest that involves going to the first new dimenion, MC crashed with
That is great! You got the pack to load! :D

Do I need special equipment to break the wall of the space station and extend the rooms? I'd like to use it as my home-base rather than building in any of the worlds.

Also I'm not very far in... Am I meant to not be able to use my inventory? I can only use my hotbar it seems...

More tips:
If you're going to live on a ship turn off clouds and start cropping a farm there; you also want to see if matter transfer will move farm animals there.
Tinkers' belt allows you to swap your hotbar (after re-equip every game).
Tinkers' boots will crash your game.
ProjectE bags require a couple diamonds but if the inventory nerf eats them you can just make another with your everything there.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wearing the boots just fine. I think it only crashes if you shift-click the boots or try to upgrade them. The step-up ability is useful.

I wish there were some better movement options than the boots and a jetpack plus glider. I was going to make dark steel armor but that requires experience to unlock the upgrades. So does the staff of travel! Is there something in another mod I'm not familiar with? I suppose the traveler's vest and glider would work well together for travel over water.

Reactions: AuoroP

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wearing the boots just fine. I think it only crashes if you shift-click the boots or try to upgrade them. The step-up ability is useful.

I wish there were some better movement options than the boots and a jetpack plus glider. I was going to make dark steel armor but that requires experience to unlock the upgrades. So does the staff of travel! Is there something in another mod I'm not familiar with? I suppose the traveler's vest and glider would work well together for travel over water.
I loved my belt and armor enough to try three times to reload after a crash and put them on with shift-click, drag-drop and 1-click (from hotbar 1). I was sad to see Tinkers' just not that into me...

I love jetpack gliding! :D Almost as much fun is dive gliding and Tinker's armor allows swift swim which makes squid hunting fun!

j10reeve

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Hope someone can help. I been wanting to build a quarry but i am find it impossible to get Temporal Ingots.
I watched a spotlight and read thought the Clockwork phase post on this site. It Said that the clockwork tool need memory, also xp helps .

I received a item from a loot bag that allowed be to get 350 memory on my pick and xp seems to be disabled
Because of this it is a 1 in 36571 chance to time sand then i need 200 to get something like 2 nuggets.

I like things to be hard and have to work for them but this just seems insanely hard.

Am u missing something or a bug? Maybe its intened to be this hard. Hope someone can help

Thanks for reading this and hope you can help, Before i go insane XD

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Hope someone can help. I been wanting to build a quarry but i am find it impossible to get Temporal Ingots.
I watched a spotlight and read thought the Clockwork phase post on this site. It Said that the clockwork tool need memory, also xp helps .

I received a item from a loot bag that allowed be to get 350 memory on my pick and xp seems to be disabled
Because of this it is a 1 in 36571 chance to time sand then i need 200 to get something like 2 nuggets.

I like things to be hard and have to work for them but this just seems insanely hard.

Am u missing something or a bug? Maybe its intened to be this hard. Hope someone can help

Thanks for reading this and hope you can help, Before i go insane XD
If you go through all of the quests, you'll find a way to get the ingots. And soon after that you'll get to quests that show you how to multiply them. I don't want to give too much away. The quest book is your friend.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
UM. The recipe for a redstone energy cell requires a hardened energy cell, rather than a redstone cell frame. What's going on?! The hardened energy cell frame is completely useless, too... along with the resonant cell frame.

Oh right, and there's a bug when upgrading energy cells... the new cell does not carry over the old cell's RF value.

Last edited:

j10reeve

Jul 29, 2019
If you go through all of the quests, you'll find a way to get the ingots. And soon after that you'll get to quests that show you how to multiply them. I don't want to give too much away. The quest book is your friend.

Thanks for the response, ill keep pressing on then.
I Completed Voyager and Belleraphon. Liberty is 44% done and showing no quests and i stuck on Intrepid, Curie ( crafting powered soil ) Of which nei has to Recipe
:( not my day today

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the response, ill keep pressing on then.
I Completed Voyager and Belleraphon. Liberty is 44% done and showing no quests and i stuck on Intrepid, Curie ( crafting powered soil ) Of which nei has to Recipe
:( not my day today
A friend of mine had the same issue with the soil recipe. They completely quit out of the game and then quit out of the launcher, restarted and then the recipe was there.
PoweredSoilRecipe.png

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
Everytime I launch the pack it says failed to get required assets 3 times, then it launches.. lol
The game crashed once but you've still got its javaw.exe process running. Open task manager and kill all extra processes you can restart Pathfinder without error.

Reactions: Hazardous

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
It seems I created a corrupt world. I entered it, but it crashed the server. Every time I log on it completely crashes the server.

I know I could easily delete my player data from the server to fix this, the problem is I have items I don't want to lose.

Does anyone know of a way I could delete the world from the dialer so this doesn't happen to others on my server, and maybe change my spawn without deleting my player data?

Hazardous

Jul 29, 2019
It seems I created a corrupt world. I entered it, but it crashed the server. Every time I log on it completely crashes the server.

I know I could easily delete my player data from the server to fix this, the problem is I have items I don't want to lose.

Does anyone know of a way I could delete the world from the dialer so this doesn't happen to others on my server, and maybe change my spawn without deleting my player data?

I know you can move people out of dimensions in player data, where exactly I'm not 100% sure - but I know you can. To delete the world, AFTER you've moved out of the dimension, ask the owner, or yourself, to find the dimension that's crashing the server (in crash reports) and remove it from the server folders.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I've progressed in the pack quite a bit and lucked out, getting a quartz ore dimlet. So I used that quartz to get past some quests that were roadblocking me, but... now the only quest I can do is the one that requires 256 dimensional shards. I don't have a dimensional shard ore dimlet... is there an easy way of getting this stuff? Like perhaps some way of uncrafting blocks? The little dimlet houses are sometimes made out of blocks made from dimensional shards...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Alright I've progressed in the pack quite a bit and lucked out, getting a quartz ore dimlet. So I used that quartz to get past some quests that were roadblocking me, but... now the only quest I can do is the one that requires 256 dimensional shards. I don't have a dimensional shard ore dimlet... is there an easy way of getting this stuff? Like perhaps some way of uncrafting blocks? The little dimlet houses are sometimes made out of blocks made from dimensional shards...
Search your dimensions for the RFTools dimlet dungeons (the little houses made of dimensional blocks and hardened clay) and the various Recurrent Complex structures (particularly the little mineshaft things) and grab as many blank dimlets as you can find. Once you've got as many of them as you can carry with you in several bags and strongboxes, go back to the Pathfinder and research them. You'll get a Dimensional Shard Ore dimlet eventually; then just make a dimension made of the stuff.

That's my plan, at least; after filling a hardened strongbox, two T2 Bagginses bags, and a Golden Bag of Holding with loot from exploration (note: a Hang Glider from OpenBlocks is VERY helpful here, especially when combined with a jetpack), I got one dimensional shard dimlet. I don't know how likely you are to get any particular dimlet from researching, but dimensional shards certainly aren't common.

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have a dimensional shard ore dimlet... is there an easy way of getting this stuff?

I made a TiCon hammer and went mining… took me a couple of hours to collect the shards for this quest.

Much less time than it takes to collect unknown dimlets!

Good luck, and
KeepOnDigging!

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
Both of these guys have a correct answer. I got enough shards from random mining for other things, but I used Someone Else 37's technique to get dimlets I needed. (Like diamond block, liquid enderium, flat land, ect.)

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019

I too got most of my dimensional shards mining with a hammer down at diamond lvl. Enough for the quest with quite a bit left over.