[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm getting a similar issue where if all the slots of my inventory are full sometimes i can't pick up certain items like torches that i already have a partial stack of, doesn't matter how big that stack is. But if i open up a slot, then i pick it up and it stacks just fine.
Yeah, I've got this, too. I think it usually only happens when you don't have an open inventory slot and the stack of items on the ground is larger than the open space in a partial stack you have in your inventory.

The closest thing to a solution I've found is to open your inventory, pick up the partial stack, let the items on the ground pop into the now-open slot, click that slot to fill it with the items attached to your cursor, and close your inventory to drop the rest back on the ground. Or just ignore it; it's not like I really needed that last cobblestone or two on this trip, anyway.

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
It would take A LOT of ram/ memory for everyone to be able to create a countless number of worlds, so probably not. (Mystcraft doesn't force you to make more worlds like this pack does, so it can handle the worlds.)

Sorry I was late to this. Please correct any misunderstandings thanks to my only historical knowledge of Mystcraft and theoretical understanding of RFTools and multiplayer.

In my mind, Mystcraft only allows you to create new dimensions and share linking books.
In my mind, RFTools dimension have one-to-one between dimensions and (non variable) dimlet coding regardless of person or time.

This means people RFTools takes less RAM because people can share dimensions.

If I'm right RFTools is really friendly because for private servers because it seems not only possible but cheap to make all the required .... None dimlets so everybody can makes the boring dimension then they meet there.

I'm undecided about RFTools for public servers. My current worst-case is somebody puts your matter receiver under a block of bedrock that kills you and OpenBlocks puts all your stuff in a bedrock grave that you'll never be able to break.

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone direct me to where if this has been answered, but I crashed teleporting to my first dimension I created, this is my first time playing with anything like this before, I'm going to read the book cover to cover now, lol.

I can post a crash report if needed.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
A crash report might help but it is likely this bug has already been fixed in a more recent version of rftools. Can't tell with 100% certainty without the report though.

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
A crash report might help but it is likely this bug has already been fixed in a more recent version of rftools. Can't tell with 100% certainty without the report though.

I figured it out I think, my dimlets were in incorrect order, I put them in the right order and wayhay no crash, lol.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@McJty, sorry if you already address this on a regular basis or have already implemented it.

Have you already considered allowing your, uh, (whatever the machine is where we assemble dimlets) to describe the dimension we're about to create, similar to right-clicking a realized tablet? In particular I would love to see how the "grammar" of dimlets is influencing a pending dimension, as a learning tool. Otherwise I spend way too much time save-scumming (backing up my world before using the dimlets and then restoring it if I get unexpected results)

Edit: I'm not sure why I've gone and asked this here rather than your own thread. Sorry. I'll move it if its particularly annoying.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
@McJty, sorry if you already address this on a regular basis or have already implemented it.

Have you already considered allowing your, uh, (whatever the machine is where we assemble dimlets) to describe the dimension we're about to create, similar to right-clicking a realized tablet? In particular I would love to see how the "grammar" of dimlets is influencing a pending dimension, as a learning tool. Otherwise I spend way too much time save-scumming (backing up my world before using the dimlets and then restoring it if I get unexpected results)

Edit: I'm not sure why I've gone and asked this here rather than your own thread. Sorry. I'll move it if its particularly annoying.

Well in more recent versions of rftools the dimension enscriber will already give you a warning with a tooltip if you're doing it wrong. So that should help. Not sure if pathfinder is using that version already or not. @Gideonseymour ? What version of RFTools are you using now?

Otherwise the grammer is really easy though. Material and Liquid dimlets are modifiers and should go before what they modify (a terrain or feature dimlet). There are no other restrictions :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well in more recent versions of rftools the dimension enscriber will already give you a warning with a tooltip if you're doing it wrong. So that should help. Not sure if pathfinder is using that version already or not. @Gideonseymour ? What version of RFTools are you using now?

Otherwise the grammer is really easy though. Material and Liquid dimlets are modifiers and should go before what they modify (a terrain or feature dimlet). There are no other restrictions :)
Yep, it shows "err" if its particularly naughty. But there are plenty of configurations that were seemingly "syntactically correct" but had no effect on the dimension being built.

Well, just a wish-list item for slower peeps like myself I guess :)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yep, it shows "err" if its particularly naughty. But there are plenty of configurations that were seemingly "syntactically correct" but had no effect on the dimension being built.

Well, just a wish-list item for slower peeps like myself I guess :)

Well the problem is that RFTools itself doesn't have that information. The 'Err' label you see in the dimension enscriber was encoded specifically by me because I generally know how RFTools works (hopefully) but it isn't automatically inferred from the dimlets. For example, RFTools has no way that it is useless to combine feature maze with terrain void (how are you going to carve a maze out of nothing?) so I have to specifically code that in the grammar checker.

Reactions: Pyure

Decibull

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what is causing this but when I shift-right click an Autonomous Activator on top of this Fluiduct, my game crashes with these two reports.
http://pastebin.com/GYgQ05Mc
http://pastebin.com/TwWSurLT

This is where it's happening.
BTLaCXC.jpg

Also, when I log back into my game, the Autonomous Activator is now on the fluiduct, but also still in my inventory, effectively duplicating it.

Darksteed282

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a server to this? Im trying to find one, pitch in a few bucks to get a small one going. IF there is or if anyone is willing for a friendly person thats played the pack already please respond :D

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I guess I should have explained better in my last post, because the replies I got didn't make any sense. I'm not trying to crossbreed crops yet, just improve my current ones. I put one down and then form a row of double crops for them to propagate to. This is how I always improve my crops but this simply doesn't work here. The one at the end of the line after finally getting spread to was *still* a 1/1/1 like the initial seed. Is there some special requirement for seeds to improve?

Zoomg

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I guess I should have explained better in my last post, because the replies I got didn't make any sense. I'm not trying to crossbreed crops yet, just improve my current ones. I put one down and then form a row of double crops for them to propagate to. This is how I always improve my crops but this simply doesn't work here. The one at the end of the line after finally getting spread to was *still* a 1/1/1 like the initial seed. Is there some special requirement for seeds to improve?
Yes, cross 2 wheat together to get a wheat seed with better stats(IF you don't get a wheat+wheat crossbreed).
In the future, you can check agricraft config for this, only true lets a straight line get stat increases:
# Set to true to allow crops that spread from one single crop to increase stats [default: false]
B:"Single spread stat increase"=false

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Here is how to do it, 3x3 with water in center, plant seed on each corner then when fully grow add the double crop sticks between, id each of the new seeds as soon as they pop up, don't bother letting them mature, when you have at least a 3/2/x or 2/3/x replace one of the corner seeds, keep checking & replacing until all 4 are 10/10/x, then to make more from the 4 harvest the plant IE wheat & turn it to seeds, plant in rows as many as needed, plant, space, plant, space, etc, when there mature add double crop sticks between & you end up with full row of 10/10/x.

Then use the 10/10/x to cross breed with other seeds to produce 5/5/x - 7/7/x & when you have 2 of the new species, just keep at it until 10/10/x, I have done it this way in a couple of packs, saves a lot of time in the long run, but that said here you only need a hand full of plant species to cover the 12 food types needed.

& use of watering can or the agricraft sprinkler makes it very fast, & glowstone block is classed as day light for most all plants.

Oh & one last point don't forget nether wart needs a dark room to grow.

Last edited:

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some special requirement for seeds to improve?

I've seen other people suggest that technique but it has issues with the fact it allows premature mutation: if the parent isn't fully grown the mutation's stats go down.

It also misses the potential benefit you get from having more plants around it
If you have silly amounts of wood (unlikely because trees seem to take forever to grow), try making your line into a plane.

I have my own method to add to egor66's method because I'm really proud of it.

For upgrading seeds:
First I only use crops: 4 crops surrounding 1 other crop.
Start with fresh seed in center and wait for it to grow.
Double crop 3 of the surrounding crops and wait.
When they have all grown, move center to unused surrounding crop.
Double crop the center wait; analyze early if you've got the attention to spare.
Replace unanalyzed crops followed by one with lowest stat.
If you don't have a perfect 10, go back two steps.

You will need to a bit of your time and attention while upgrading, costs less wood and probably takes fewest generations and it is brain dead simple to repeat once you get it.

My lowest number of center double crops was 6 times; for upgrading cross breed at 5/5/5.
The largest number is probably 16; again with 5s.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Tried installing 1.0.3 from FTB launcher (and later from MultiMC)
Getting a crash during pre-init. Custom Items.

http://pastebin.com/SksgS3Ny

From what I can tell about how badly I can read crash logs...CustomItems is crapping out because it can't access .\minecraft\config\customitems\defaultConfig-1.8.json

But there isn't anything accessing that file. Also, my Google-fu didn't lead me to anyone else having this issue.