[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this pack. Making worlds, and doing quest, plus trying not to starve to death will keep you on your toes. But I have a question that hope someone can help with. Is the rf workbench working in this pack. I like to try make dimlets , but can't figure out how to make them. I can disassemble them. But not sure how built them.
I have lot of parts, put in slot to the right. But i still, not sure if I am doing it right. What am I'm missing ?
Can someone tell steps to make a dimlets. Making worlds, and still not finding right dimlets, is gettin frustrating. Hope someone know what machine I'm talking about.

This should help a lot.

https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/wiki/RFTools-Dimensions
Example Dimensions
To help people along here are a few example worlds. Remember that liquid and material modifiers have to come BEFORE the thing they want to modify (terrain or feature). Otherwise order doesn't matter.

• Dimlets to remove all randomness and get boring stuff:
    • Material None
    • Liquid None
    • Terrain xxx (fill in at your own leasure)
    • Sky Normal
    • Sky Normal Day
    • Sky Normal Night
    • Sky Normal Fog
    • Sky Body None
    • Mob Default
    • Effect None
    • Feature None
    • Structure None
  • Mining Dimension:
    • Material None
    • Liquid None
    • Terrain Flat
    • Controller Single
    • Biome Plains (or another biome that is not too liquid)
    • Sky Normal
    • Sky Normal Day
    • Sky Normal Night
    • Sky Normal Fog
    • Sky Body None
    • Mob Default
    • Effect None
    • Feature None
    • Structure None
    • ( Time Noon ) (this last one is optional as it not a craftable dimlet. It just sets the time to noon forever).
  • Lava/Fuel Dimension:
    • Material None
    • Liquid Lava (or other fuel liquid of your choice)
    • Terrain Normal
    • Controller Single
    • Biome Ocean
    • Sky Normal
    • Sky Normal Day
    • Sky Normal Night
    • Sky Normal Fog
    • Sky Body None
    • Mob Default
    • Effect None
    • Feature None
    • Structure None
    • ( Time Noon )
  • Void Dimension:
    • Material None
    • Liquid None
    • Terrain Void
    • Sky Normal
    • Sky Normal Day
    • Sky Normal Night
    • Sky Normal Fog
    • Sky Body None
    • Mob Default
    • Effect None
    • Feature None
    • Structure None
    • ( Time Noon )
  • The super OP world: Resonant Ender Ocean, Destabilized Redstone in liquid orbs, Lava lakes, Extra oregen for diamond and emerald blocks, gold block for liquid orbs, obsidian tendrils, iron block canyons, lapis lazuli orbs, peaceful, iron golem spawns, villages, nether fortresses and strongholds, regeneration iii effect, water breating effect, fire resistance effect:
    • Material None
    • Liquid Resonant Ender
    • Terrain Normal
    • Material diamond block
    • Material emerald block
    • Feature Oregen
    • Liquid Destabilized Redstone
    • Material Gold Block
    • Feature Liquid Orbs
    • Material Lapis Lazuli
    • Feature Orbs
    • Material Obsidian
    • Feature Tendrils
    • Material Iron Block
    • Feature Canyons
    • Liquid Lava
    • Feature Lakes
    • Sky Normal
    • Sky Normal Day
    • Sky Normal Night
    • Sky Normal Fog
    • Sky Body None
    • Mob Iron Golem
    • Peaceful
    • Effect Regeneration III
    • Effect Water Breathing
    • Effect Fire Resistance
    • Structure Villages
    • Structure Fortresses
    • Structure Strongholds
    • Time Noon
    • As many Efficiency dimlets as you have: you're going to need them :)
  • Example of an actual interesting world:
    • (intentionally left blank)

Archivist

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated the modpack and server and now when I try to join I get "Mod rejections [FMLMod : modtweaker2{0.7}] has anybody else got this, and what does it mean? And I get this crash when loading a single player map

I tried searching around and didn't see a response to this (sorry if I missed it somewhere). The error message "Mod rejections" means that either the server or client has a mod installed the other doesn't.

1.0.3 has been released. Separate downloads for Forge 1291:
Client: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlkgk77teqqckv2/Pathfinder.zip?dl=0
Server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1zg5e6oh14h29l/PathfinderServer.zip?dl=0
Changelog:
Code:
* Updated RFTools
   * New tooltip that assists in dimension creation
* Updated Thermal Smeltery
   * Fixed Tinkers' Armour crash
* Temporarily removed TiC Tooltips
* Temporarily removed Modtweaker *again*
* Fixed quests not accepting dimlets
* General quest bugfixes
* "Fixed" the Gem of Eternal Density
* Removed Thermal Casting

As noted in the changelog above, modtweaker was temporarily removed. After checking the folders, the modtweaker file is still present in the server version of the install, but has been removed from the client (or player) version, causing the error. In an attempt to fix the error, I copied the mod file to the single player folder to see if this would fix the problem, and while it DID load me into the world, I don't recommend it as it immediately froze, and subsequently crashed. Removing the file from both locations gave a lot of warnings from the server side, mostly missing version information from what I was able to read as it scrolled past. Though it let me load in this way, this is another option I wouldn't recommend, as a number of the object ids seemed to have switched, so the single item boxes are water forks, and the strongbox is a "Quibit Cluster Lv 5" from the QuantumFlux mod, and all the teleportation equipment is similarly lost.

As much as I would also like to play with my friends on this wonderful mod (feel free to read that as "use them as pack mules"), it seems we may need to wait a bit longer. Seems to add to the 'all alone in deep space' vibe at least :)

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that alot of items in this pack have had their EMC value removed, like diamonds, gold bars, along with most of the projectE machines. Was there a reason for this? It really makes for alot of tedium that the transmutation table is supposed to fix (making the table only moderately useful). It also throws off the balance of ProjectE, because alot of those recipes assume that you will be cloning with the transmutation table, such as dark matter. Making them one at a time manually is insanely boring.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that alot of items in this pack have had their EMC value removed, like diamonds, gold bars, along with most of the projectE machines. Was there a reason for this? It really makes for alot of tedium that the transmutation table is supposed to fix (making the table only moderately useful). It also throws off the balance of ProjectE, because alot of those recipes assume that you will be cloning with the transmutation table, such as dark matter. Making them one at a time manually is insanely boring.

A few people complained about the balance of projecte.
That's all just a few. It's not like EE2 was so out of balance that not even the dev could fix it. So out of balance the dev dropped it and has bin working on a balanced replacement for years. Or that we are still waiting on it to this day.
Surly just removing a few emc values will fix everything. :/

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
That's all just a few. It's not like EE2 was so out of balance that not even the dev could fix it. So out of balance the dev dropped it and has bin working on a balanced replacement for years. Or that we are still waiting on it to this day.
Surly just removing a few emc values will fix everything. :/
I figured out a way around it now. The philosopher's stone can convert iron to gold, and gold to diamond, and iron still has an EMC value (as long as the devs don't change that too). Combine that with the easy crafting bench and as long as you have the base ingredients in your inventory you can insta-build everything, even skipping the in-between steps of conversions.
Basic example:
From the transmutation table, pull out 32 blocks of iron, and 8 aeternalis fuel. If you want it fast and easy but with leftovers, 3 stacks of iron blocks, and 1 Aeternalis fuel block, leaving 1 iron block and 1 fuel leftover.
Open the easy crafting table and let it populate the list of things you can make.
Scroll down and find the dark matter in the list, and pick one up.
Normally you would have to break down all of the blocks of iron down to ingots, then convert all of them to gold ingots, then to diamonds, then to a diamond block, and finally combine that with the aeternalis fuel to get a dark matter. The easy crafting table will skip all of those in-between steps. You can take this many steps further by having additional ingredients in your inventory for the finished items, such as including 7 glowstone and an energy collector mk 1 to upgrade it instantly to a mk 2.

Personally, I don't see the point in making so many items have no EMC value. You might as well just throw out ProjectE, because in order to lock down the purchasing of dark matter for EMC, you will end up gutting most of the transmutation table. It was probably better to have left it alone and ignored the few complaints.

Reactions: NJM1564 and AuoroP

Devintrainer

Jul 29, 2019
Well one option would be to go to the packs directory. you can find it a number of ways. Going to the Mod pack editor and hitting open folder is one of the ways. Searching for \FTB Launcher\Pathfinder\minecraft\mods
Then simply deleting the mods you do not want. Or a safer way would be to put them into a folder marked backup.
Make sure you ain't running the pack at the same time or it will not work.
Even after trying to delete the mod, it says that it's open somewhere else!

sapler

Jul 29, 2019
Hello me and my friend is haveing a good time with Pathfinder but we have come across a problem. We created a dimension that broke the server we had so many times. We tried mutiple things, deleting dimension, deleting player data, only thing that kinda worked was changing dimension with an older one, making it completely broken but allowed my friend to escape that dimension, as we never visit it every again.

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-23_14.30.05-server.txt
    25.5 KB · Views: 55
  • crash-2015-03-23_14.31.31-server.txt
    21 KB · Views: 73
  • crash-2015-03-23_14.34.15-server.txt
    21 KB · Views: 58
  • crash-2015-03-23_14.36.31-server.txt
    23.6 KB · Views: 59
  • crash-2015-03-23_14.38.27-server.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 75
  • crash-2015-03-23_14.41.46-server.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 51
  • crash-2015-03-23_14.46.57-server.txt
    27.5 KB · Views: 50

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
So glad this pack is peaceful, my first world was eternal night, which is so much more fun with the enderzoo darkness.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Even after trying to delete the mod, it says that it's open somewhere else!
Where on your computer are those files? You will also get that message if you are not an administrator on your computer and are trying to delete files in "program files" or some such folder.

Yishai

Jul 29, 2019
I often get crashes when switching between dimensions it seems to happen randomly without a pattern.
Log: http://pastebin.com/eAmQ9v4x

The problem is the combination of RFTools and ProjectE.
They should make it so that you you'll have to research the stuff first before beeing able to reproduce it.
(Maybe break the end result down (multiple times) first?)

That way you can't just great a single world full of high EMC Value ressources and then be done with the pack.
Didn't try the new ProjectE system so if its already like that, sorry! :p

And of course the change of EMC values is really the only thing the mod creator can do as he can't just rewrite the whole ProjectE mod. ;)

Ps: Please try fixing the annoying when you close a save and try to re-enter it(or any other save).
You are stuck in the loadingscreen and forced to restart the client.

Last edited:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I STILL NEED AN ANSWER!
Shouting like in real life seldom makes things better, your issues dont seem to be pack related, looks more like your on a pc with multi accounts & another account is logged in, & or the account you use does not have the rights to do anything.

Or many many possible things that could be wrong with your PC, check your PC is healthy & not infected with any malware that could be removing your account perms, basically check all your end first, as the answers you have been give in the past should have worked for you with out any problems, I for one think the issue is at you end.

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
BUG sometimes stacks max out 1 shy; e.g. cobble sometimes caps at 15. It seems to happen when items collect on the ground into stacks so its probably Iguana Tweeks.

MODPack open suggested fix: 5PM on day 315 happens at /time set 7577000; I earlier missed quest text saying we are supposed to start at night. 315*24000+17000.

Config changes:

The Launcher always overwrites my configs. I don't think the launcher should ever overwrite newer files; this saves everybodies config changes!
The devs cannot have overlooked this and people must have pointed it out. I am pretty sure I'm missing something and hoped if you can see it you'll help me see it!

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having difficulty in upgrading the tension on a mainspring from Clockwork Phase. I've tried surrounding it in several types of ingots and blocks but nothing seems to upgrade it. Checking on what info is available out there (some mod spotlights, forums, and the like) this should work. Has something been changed? Also, are the progressive automation planters meant to work with agricraft crop sticks? I've found that the planter will not harvest crops planted on those sticks but will plant seeds in tilled farmland without the sticks despite not being able to do that yourself. Thanks for any help offered.

Edit: Disregard the question about the mainspring. I just found the spring button on the clockwork assembly table.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
BUG sometimes stacks max out 1 shy; e.g. cobble sometimes caps at 15. It seems to happen when items collect on the ground into stacks so its probably Iguana Tweeks.

MODPack open suggested fix: 5PM on day 315 happens at /time set 7577000; I earlier missed quest text saying we are supposed to start at night. 315*24000+17000.

The Launcher always overwrites my configs. I don't think the launcher should ever overwrite newer files; this saves everybodies config changes!
The devs cannot have overlooked this and people must have pointed it out. I am pretty sure I'm missing something and hoped if you can see it you'll help me see it!

It can't do that. It cant look at your system file information. If the launcher tried it would be blocked as malware.

Reactions: AuoroP

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a similar issue where if all the slots of my inventory are full sometimes i can't pick up certain items like torches that i already have a partial stack of, doesn't matter how big that stack is. But if i open up a slot, then i pick it up and it stacks just fine.

Reactions: AuoroP