[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
So, I tried to put a blue slime crossbow limb onto my crossbow (shiny xbow limb, blue slime xbow body, electrum binding), and the game crashed when I put the new limb into the table...
I reloaded the game, all was fine. I looked at the table's inv, and the game crashed again. Not a big issue, I can just break the table to get the items out, right?
I load up the game again, and spawn in a sandstone flatland (aka, not where I should have been), with no machines, teleporters or anything.

I'm pretty sure this is the problem where the save has somehow forgotten about the rftools dimensions, I spawned in a transmitter, dialling device and energy cell, and all the receivers are invalid (Pathfinder and my 3 dims)
Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: I guess I should mention that I'm using version 1.0.1 of the modpack. There have been too many complaints about broken stuff in 1.0.2.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question or two about the progressive automation mod in this pack because I wanted to use the wooden miner slightly early on seeing as how its really easy to make but I have no idea what kind of pickaxe to put into the miner to make it work. any help with this would be much appreciated!

You would need to make a picaxe with wood mineing level. I'm not sure that's posible. Try upgrading it to the stone version.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ive come across a big dupe bug dealing with the Gem of Eternal Density and the inventory being restricted to the hot bar. I had the gem turned on and switch do a target with a high emc and suddenly the floor around me was FILLED with redmatter. I had only about 5 stacks of 32 iron ingots so i know it shouldnt be able to compress to 1 red matter let alone several thousand. Are there any commands i can use to clear the items off the floor? Id rather not just stand around for 5 min ingame time as with the current fps, that could take hours. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Tested in another world in creative and it seems that ANY target above iron will start SPEWING items of that target on the ground, even with NOTHING else in the inv.

Known issue. It's because someone thought it was a good idea to remove EMC values from dimonds. It means one peace of anything equals an unlimited amount of items.
Did you know that third party packs are rarely bug tested before they push a release.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Known issue. It's because someone thought it was a good idea to remove EMC values from dimonds. It means one peace of anything equals an unlimited amount of items.
Did you know that third party packs are rarely bug tested before they push a release.

Don't be too harsh it is a wip most of us know & except this, while it is true most packs are never extensively tested before release aint that what we are doing, untill its a final stable finished pack you will have to expect this type of thing.

Dean Saunders

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this thread so i have no idea if i'm doing this right. So, i have a problem with Pathfinder. So the empty dimension tabs in the dimension enscriber, it then changes and when I hover over it my game crashes. Anyone know how to fix this or have the same issue?

St1ckyband1tz

Jul 29, 2019
Don't be too harsh it is a wip most of us know & except this, while it is true most packs are never extensively tested before release aint that what we are doing, untill its a final stable finished pack you will have to expect this type of thing.

I think the annoyance is less about the modpack having bugs and more about people complaining about an aspect they can ignore but choose to make a big deal out of it. So the pack WAS working with regards to the emc values. Sort of if it isn't broke don't fix it kind of thing.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this thread so i have no idea if i'm doing this right. So, i have a problem with Pathfinder. So the empty dimension tabs in the dimension enscriber, it then changes and when I hover over it my game crashes. Anyone know how to fix this or have the same issue?

Try my work-around/fix, go into creative, break the inscriber (in creative it will be removed from world) spawn in a new one & see if it works.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm awfully sorry nobody on the team tested that one item that was breaking. We're making sure to test every single item in the game before the next update, just to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Where did you get this idea? Have you talked to every single third party pack dev and ask them how much they bug test? No? Then stop spreading blatantly false rumors. I happen to know that Gideon works incredibly hard on testing his packs and claiming otherwise is insulting.

Dean Saunders

Jul 29, 2019
Try my work-around/fix, go into creative, break the inscriber (in creative it will be removed from world) spawn in a new one & see if it works.
It did work and i got it out but just hovering over the "Extract" button in the enscriber made it crash too.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you get this idea? Have you talked to every single third party pack dev and ask them how much they bug test? No? Then stop spreading blatantly false rumors. I happen to know that Gideon works incredibly hard on testing his packs and claiming otherwise is insulting.

I don't....

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Likewise, any issues in Regrowth at a release are more often than not due to a mod update breaking things that were working previously as I do test whatever I'm working on to make sure it works before moving on to the next thing.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
it is a wip most of us know & except this

It doesn't say "WiP" or "beta" anywhere in the thread title, OP, or mod description. The pack was announced with a "release date" and then pushed to listed as a 1.0.0. I can see why some would complain. Many people likely expected a stable and functioning pack under the circumstances, and this is... not. It seems like a really cool concept, but it has a long way to go before "playable" IMO. I can't wait until it gets there, and I'll be watching this thread for progress, but after my first day of checking things out I wont be testing the pack further until it's a bit more stable.

Not just dialing or RFt machines, can be most any machine, but since last patch its far worse than normal, before it was a random tic related crash rarely, now it seems a 1 in 5 chance it will crash to desktop, its a know problem with tic, well been a minor issue for ages in many packs, maybe the tic tooltip addon is amplifying the issue or the its the IT addon for tic, I cant say for sure not a coder its only my guess.

I have never heard of or experienced this before in any other pack. I've used ITT and TiCTooltips extensively across many packs since Crash Landing first came out and have never had crashes like this. It's not a TiC or TiC addon issue.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It doesn't say "WiP" or "beta" anywhere in the thread title, OP, or mod description. The pack was announced with a "release date" and then pushed to listed as a 1.0.0. I can see why some would complain. Many people likely expected a stable and functioning pack under the circumstances, and this is... not. It seems like a really cool concept, but it has a long way to go before "playable" IMO. I can't wait until it gets there, and I'll be watching this thread for progress, but after my first day of checking things out I wont be testing the pack further until it's a bit more stable.
The current issues, which are very fixable if one were to exercise some thought are:
  1. Do not click on the Dialing Device with a Tinkers' pick
  2. Do not use the Gem of Eternal Density
  3. Certain Dimlet quests will not complete
  4. Remove Thermal Casting server-side.
I would hardly call that unplayable. If you happen to experiencing something not listed there, please, feel free to inform me. Keep in mind - most of these crashes did not occur during testing. We tested as much as we could for the two weeks prior to release. No, we didn't happen to right click a Dialing Device with a Tinkers' Pick, but even with the entire Phoenix Team testing, we did not have the time to test right clicking every block with every item.

Same goes for the Gem - we do not posses the time or resources to test every single item in the game with every update. We made that change because people were complaining that things were overpowered. And with the dimlets that occurred due to updating RFTools, along with the gem - neither would have occurred (and didn't) with our initial testing with the 1.0.0 release.

The Thermal Casting thing... well, yeah. That is our fault, and we've admitted it. But that one thing hardly makes the entire pack unplayable. Is there another bug people have been reluctant to inform me of that has led you to this conclusion?
I have never heard of or experienced this before in any other pack. I've used ITT and TiCTooltips extensively across many packs since Crash Landing first came out and have never had crashes like this. It's not a TiC or TiC addon issue.
I had never seen this either. If you've anything to contribute to the discussion on it, please do. We've been attempting everything in order to get it to stop, and we cannot seem to pin it down.

Last edited:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
@Astasia you are completely correct by saying the use of version naming would suggest a full finished release, but I would ask, can you name one pack that was full & finished on release, I can't for the life of me think of one, & as you can see from the tread the author & many others are working hard (it seems to me) to produce an interesting & functioning pack I take it as a gimmie that its still in development.

As to the tic issue I have noticed it in the past but as I said its normally a rare event, the main issue seems to be since last update its become far more of a real issue, & I must press that I normally say mho or I guess to express my view alone or I suspect something, I can be & have often been wrong, feel free to correct me any time you feel I have misinformed, I take no offense in being corrected.

I must agree that the pack is a long way from stable, but 1.1 was playable, well more so than 1.2, lets hope the fixes in 1.3 will bring it a be closer to stable.