[1.7.10] Omega Dawn [Survival] [Increased Difficulty] [Tech] [Magic] [Exploration] [WorldGen]

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Interestingly, no update yet on the launcher (sadface). Trying to find out if there are any issues (either with my launcher or with the main servers).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I read through the forum and found my answer. Thank you though. On ftb it is still listed under 1.0.2
:D

Trying to find the cause. Seems to occur less frequently in the next version (thought the problem got fixed, then whammo, error), whenever the launcher will show the update.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
My mistake, I should really concentrate on work while at work :p It is indeed 1.0.3.

Edit 1:
If updating, delete the entire OmegaDawn folder (since this is a world killer update), and do a fresh install. I updated and not all the scripts updated, resulting in a lot of errors.
Apart from that, all appears to be fine.

Edit 2:
Further testing, seems one of the minetweaker scripts never updated. It's the recent additon of the stims and talismans.
Replace others.zs in the scripts file with this file if you wish access to those items:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46396473/OmegaDawn/Others.zs

This is not a game breaker, just annoying :D

Last edited:

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Can this be configured to turn off heat stroke? I was on a roof, in the rain and ended up with heat stroke 2. almost died. Absolutely love the modpack but the heat stroke problem is almost making this unplayable.

EDIT: Never mind. . . found the configuration to turn off Body Temp Check. No more unreasonable Heat Stroke:)

Last edited:

cmann21

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a server download for this modpack. I have a server and would like to have for my friends.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Can this be configured to turn off heat stroke? I was on a roof, in the rain and ended up with heat stroke 2. almost died. Absolutely love the modpack but the heat stroke problem is almost making this unplayable.

EDIT: Never mind. . . found the configuration to turn off Body Temp Check. No more unreasonable Heat Stroke:)
Wow. Can you describe your surroundings and worn equipment? That should not have happened unless you were pretty much right next to lava, or any technology that causes heat. Be nice to establish the cause of the heatstroke.

Is there a server download for this modpack. I have a server and would like to have for my friends.
Not at this time, but it is easy enough to make a server. What I would do is download the DW20 server, unzip, delete the mods, scripts and config folders, and copy across the same folders from OmegaDawn. That should then work perfectly (it's what I did when testing to ensure a server option is viable).
If the server is on a unix based system, then change customItems.cfg to customitems.cfg (rename the upper case I to lowercase), otherwise you'll get a crash. This minor issue will be fixed in the next update.

Because there were so many updates the mods, and some more gameplay changes, I wanted to get those fully working/tested in single player before making a dedicated server download.

cmann21

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. Can you describe your surroundings and worn equipment? That should not have happened unless you were pretty much right next to lava, or any technology that causes heat. Be nice to establish the cause of the heatstroke.

Not at this time, but it is easy enough to make a server. What I would do is download the DW20 server, unzip, delete the mods, scripts and config folders, and copy across the same folders from OmegaDawn. That should then work perfectly (it's what I did when testing to ensure a server option is viable).
If the server is on a unix based system, then change customItems.cfg to customitems.cfg (rename the upper case I to lowercase), otherwise you'll get a crash. This minor issue will be fixed in the next update.

Because there were so many updates the mods, and some more gameplay changes, I wanted to get those fully working/tested in single player before making a dedicated server download.
Thank you for the detailed "How To". I do appreciate it!

cmann21

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason after trying this, it will not work. If there is another way let me know otherwise I'll wait for server file later. Im using fragnet to host the server if this makes a difference. It's for me and my friends but I pay to host it.

philadeos

Jul 29, 2019
Been really enjoying this modpack so far, waited till 1.03 to start out. I have a few questions/issues:

1) Tools, tinker and vanilla, sometimes disappear and are not on corpse when I retrieve it. Is this a bug or by design?

2) Balance of hunger seems a little harsh especially with diminishing returns and not a wide array of upper tier nourishing foods (a good mod for this is something like Pam's Harvestcraft).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
For some reason after trying this, it will not work. If there is another way let me know otherwise I'll wait for server file later. Im using fragnet to host the server if this makes a difference. It's for me and my friends but I pay to host it.
Do you have a log of any sort, that will help to identify what's up.

Been really enjoying this modpack so far, waited till 1.03 to start out. I have a few questions/issues:

1) Tools, tinker and vanilla, sometimes disappear and are not on corpse when I retrieve it. Is this a bug or by design?

2) Balance of hunger seems a little harsh especially with diminishing returns and not a wide array of upper tier nourishing foods (a good mod for this is something like Pam's Harvestcraft).

1) That's a bug. Might be due to The Erubus gravestone system (as you should get the little pile of bones). I'll investigate.

2) Really? Between eating baked potatoes, steak, lamb and pork should keep your hunger perfectly fine. Food values are still at vanilla values, even with Hunger Overhaul. Unless an update changed a config that I didn't notice. The only time hunger should be an issue is starting out, while waiting for your first crops to grow and depleting all the local sources of food. Once established, food should only be an issue after heavy adventuring or mining. Something else I'll check.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019

I second #1 - Usually I lose my iron sword (but not always) and I almost always lose my Atlas which is a real pain because when I hack in another one I have to start mapping all over again. I though it may be by design.

As far as #2 is concerned I really haven't found it too much of a problem as long as I have about 4 different kinds of foods with me always. Venison is the Best!!!!

Velander

Jul 29, 2019

I was able to get a garden established with a wide variety of food just by breaking a lot of grass and collecting the seeds. You'll also get wild onions and editable roots that should help keep you going. It also helps to visit a village and collect some potatoes and carrots. I like the ability to right click to harvest almost anything without needing to replant the seeds.

I was having the most trouble with heat exhaustion until I moved to a Plains area.

And watch out for the wooded areas. I have never seen so many bears. I've been killed three time by bears.

And I didn't realize how relentless the Crimson Knights are. One tracked me to my house, opened the door and came into my house to kill me there. When I went back and shot some arrows at them I was killed with fire balls. I've decided to not mess with them.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I second #1 - Usually I lose my iron sword (but not always) and I almost always lose my Atlas which is a real pain because when I hack in another one I have to start mapping all over again. I though it may be by design.

As far as #2 is concerned I really haven't found it too much of a problem as long as I have about 4 different kinds of foods with me always. Venison is the Best!!!!
Interesting. May require either an The Erebus update, or it might be the way it's grave system works (chance to lose items). Quite annoying given the added difficulty of gathering your resources, especially early game.

I was able to get a garden established with a wide variety of food just by breaking a lot of grass and collecting the seeds. You'll also get wild onions and editable roots that should help keep you going. It also helps to visit a village and collect some potatoes and carrots. I like the ability to right click to harvest almost anything without needing to replant the seeds.
Plus you can eat the seeds too (Craft almost any 2 seeds to get 1 ediable seed mix, which can also be cooked). These are emergency foods, but can also help with resetting Spice of Life on your more fulfilling meals.

I was having the most trouble with heat exhaustion until I moved to a Plains area.
Yes, starting out in either warm or cold biomes adds extra difficulty.

And watch out for the wooded areas. I have never seen so many bears. I've been killed three time by bears.
They do seem to infest some areas.

And I didn't realize how relentless the Crimson Knights are. One tracking me to my house, opened the door and came into my house to kill me there. When I went back and shot some arrows at them I was killed with fire balls. I've decided to not mess with them.
That's just thaumcraft. Haven't touched them :D

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've just killed myself a few times, no loss of equipment. That's a very odd sporadic issue.