[1.7.10] Omega Dawn [Survival] [Increased Difficulty] [Tech] [Magic] [Exploration] [WorldGen]

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Why does eating cooked steak cause heat stroke? I have never heard of anyone getting heat stroke by eating warm food.
Yep. The old version of enviromine (which I'm using, see no need to update to latest, don't need the new features, and I don't feel the temperature settings work correctly) added a few degrees to your temperature when eating a cooked meal. Sounds great, apart from when your body temp was already slightly high, it would push you into the heatstroke range. Not fun at all.

So, experimenting with new "foods" that will help with the enviromine status effects:

Going insane:
Stim1.jpg

One "i-Stim" later:
Stim2.jpg

To balance these "Stims" they also restore 5 saturation and 1 hunger, so you need get yourself hungry to take them, and taking them feels "so good" that you need to work off your saturation to get hungry again to take another.
(in no way do I endorse taking drugs folks! :D)

I even quickly tested a different type of Stim that restored my temperature back to 37 when I had heatstroke. Still have to wait for the effect to wear off.

Proposed stims are:
i-Stim - restores sanity
t-Stim - restores temperature
h-Stim - restores hydration
StimX - restores all 3

Just need to work out crafting recipes (and textures). Since you can eat fruit & veg covered in solid gold in MC, the recipes don't need to be too "realistic" just locked behind mid/endgame tech/magic. Since the pack is more tech themed than magic, recipes may just be tech themed.

I might look into items that passively generate hydration/sanity, catch is, they will only work when in your hotbar. They will then make day to day minecrafting a lot easier not having to worry about water/sanity, but get yourself somewhere very hot, or very "bad", and these items passive ability will be overwhelmed.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's odd. How long does it usually take for an update to get passed to the launcher?
I'm waiting on one permission being granted, so I'm going to implement the stims and "talismans", and if I still haven't heard, I'll be resubmitting without that mod.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Next update re-submitted without ChocoCraft.
Also includes the Stims and Talismans

Talisman of Cooling* - Each talisman on a hotbar space will reduce the ambient temperature (3 talismans allow you to stand next to lava with hardly any temperature change)
Talisman of Warming* - Each talisman on a hotbar space will increase the ambient temperature
Talisman of Clear Minds - Each talisman on a hotbar space will increase sanity. A single Talisman should be sufficient for most sitations
* Both of these talismans will constantly increase/decrease your temperature. Only equip when needed

i-Stim (restores sanity)
tH-Stim (raises body temp)
tC-Stim (lowers body temp)
h-Stim (restores hydration)

All stims are classed as food, restore 1 hunger and 5 saturation.

Stims can be eventually fully automated for construction. Talismans are expensive, needing platinum and other resources.
There was no way of making a Talisman of Hydration.

sagragoth

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so today the modpack just stopped appearing on the launcher. But when I try to add it, the launcher says I already have this pack. Also it's still showing up on MMC

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Alright so today the modpack just stopped appearing on the launcher. But when I try to add it, the launcher says I already have this pack. Also it's still showing up on MMC
Odd. I'm still waiting on the FTB modpack team to update the pack. Not sure what the delay is.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. I'm still waiting on the FTB modpack team to update the pack. Not sure what the delay is.

Yeah .. . seems many other modpacks are having the same problem. Some updated last week and still haven't been updated in launcher.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Sounds like a really awesome pack! :)

Once again, I curse both my puny computer and my lack of funds to buy a better one.

*grumblegrumblecan'tevenplaydirewolf20's1.7.10packgrumblegrumble*

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to play this outside of the FTB launcher since it looks like it has been quite a few days since they started having this problem with updating modpacks. Can this be placed through MultiMC?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
does this pack use HQM
No, it's a themed sandbox (some form of apocalypse has occurred, what with ruins, meteors, zombies, taint, etc). Play how you like, with my changes in mind. No hand holding here.

Is there any way to play this outside of the FTB launcher since it looks like it has been quite a few days since they started having this problem with updating modpacks. Can this be placed through MultiMC?
I actually design the pack within vanilla MC launcher (as a new profile). Delays are a little annoying, trying to get 2 friends on, but really need the launcher to make the installation easy for them. Both new to modded (so this pack will be throwing them into the deep end *evil laugh* )

If anyone wants to setup the pack from within MultiMC or vanilla launcher, send me a PM for a private link to the download (it's the download I submit to FTB, all relevant permissions/notifications, etc have been submitted).

Gmoff01

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hosting a server with this mod pack, and several people (myself included) are getting a mod sorting cycle error semi regularly when they try to log in. The only way to fix it seems to be deleting the entire pack installation and redownloading fresh. Obviously that gets old pretty quickly. Anyone know of a fix for this?

VU74mca.png

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's the relevant part of the log:

http://pastebin.com/3unBLF6j
That is a known issue is proving to be the bane of my life. Reinstalling is drastic. Just close and relaunch, and eventually it will load. Not ideal, but I'm trying to solve it.

I think a mod is using out of date CoFH API which randomly triggers. In the next version pretty much every mod has been updated, and it still occurs. Only mod without an update that should need COFH API is Mekansim, so I feel that might be the actual culprit.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I believe I've fixed the issue, updated Mekanism (and a number of other mods), was able to launch the pack 5 times in a row no problems. Hopefully it is fixed, what with the random nature of the error.

Since still waiting on FTB team to update the packs, I'll submit an update to the update.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Awesome! Thanks for your effort.
Now just need to wait on FTB to update.

Note also the next update is a worldkiller. Unavoidable. Various mods changed IDs, which breaks world gen, scripts, etc.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You'll be pleased to know that I've just been informed that the pack is in process of being uploaded, so the newest version will be available soon (ish).

Just a reminder, due to changes in mods, this is a world breaking update. There is no separate server version this time (but if you copy the mods/configs/scripts over to a forge 1291 server it will load/play just fine).

The mod cycling error is still proving to be the bane of my life. Just close and reload and it will eventually load. I will find the damn culprit....

I have discovered a minor issue if using case sensitive operating systems (such as Macs/Linux). You need to rename customItems.cfg to customitems.cfg in the config folder, otherwise it will crash on loading the pack.