I definitely agree with getting rid of MineChem, as having played ME^3 I know there are a million and one exploits with it. I personally hate SpiceofLife because it makes earlygame food impossible so perhaps changing configs to allow more repeated eats of a food before it gets bad?Straight, shameless copy & paste from my website:
I've been taking a lot of feedback and my own ideas lately and I have finally something to show for.
Please note that the following list of changes/added mods are only for the test server and may or may not make it into the final version.
- AppleCore, HungerOverhaul and SpiceOfLife
- Complete hunger overhaul, it works with the new version of Agricraft so now we're considering it. AppleCore and HungerOverhaul will certainly make it in, SpiceOfLife is going to be tested on the beta server and then voted.
- New worldgen
- Provided by biomesOplenty, climatecontrol, biometweaker and my own personal mod (which is included in a new version of creepgamingmod) to bring you awesome post apocalyptic world gen alike fallout. We will construct the server spawn inside one of the wastelands, so you will have to go out and find a great spot for yourself.
- Iguana Tweaks
- We're already using Iguana Tinkers Tweaks, which adds progression to Tinkers Construct, but now we're also testing the regular Iguana Tweaks, which lets me enable a bunch of stuff ranging from inventory weight and encumbrance to max stack size, movement speed, armor weight and much much more. Not all will be enabled tho
- Dynamic lights mod
- Since nights will be as dark as before, I will be adding dynamics lights mod this time.
- Pams Harvestcraft
- Works nicely with the hunger overhaul. Personally, I think this mod is retarded, but that's probably just because I don't enjoy cooking in minecraft A lot of people have asked, so here it is.
- SpecialAI, SpecialMobs
- Just because the night isn't dangerous enough, these mods will make it just a little harder
- Stefinus Guns
- Gorgeous 3D model guns, work quite well. Will probably be using these instead of Flans
- Lovely underground themed caves like ice, lava or just regular stone caves with stalagmites and stuff...
What's also changing is how machines are crafted. Each machine will now require a certain progress tier part:
One mechanical part in tier 1, one mechanical and chip part on tier 2 and higher. These tiers will be craftable at different points. We are also going to be adding more uses for treated wood and hemp from Immersive Engineering.
Moon will have it's ore spawn very slightly reduced. I'll also be changing a few things to make it harder to just go mine for a bit then return without ever setting up a base and a mining site.
New quantum ore will spawn there. Quantum ore will be required for any teleportation blocks/items in addition to ME singularities. That puts teleportation far enough off, that other means of early game transport such as rails, planes and rockets will be used. Tier 2 and Tier 3 rockets will be made a lot more expensive in terms of resources. I'm talking about using blocks instead of ingots to make compressed advanced plating, having to heat it with an alloy and such. I'm going to change it so each step, Overworld-->Moon-->Mars-->etc will take a good amount of time, planning and machinery. No more rushing.
No idea for those yet. Probably increased ore spawn and possibly special ore that make some harder to get crafting recipes more easy, to reward people mining there.
To promote rails as primary earlygame transport system, rails will be made slightly cheaper while also increasing the cost of planes. Fuel recipe will also be changed so it can be made with actual fuel for cheaper "plane fuel items", the coal recipe will be made more difficult.
Lot's of other small things planned, such as streamlining some of the recipes, merging a few mods by removing duplicate items and adding another way of progression and challenges to the pack.
Also, I'm pretty certain that minechem will be removed for the next pack, as it's impossible to balance. I also can't edit it in any way.
I'll try to get all of this, or at least the basics of it in the pack by Semptember 3rd, (tomorrow) and then allow beta access to the server. Please note that due to the fast updates I will have to do, this will not be available to curse or FTB launcher. I'll be distributing via technic and possibly SK-Launcher (which will make it entirely managed by me without any website), if someone doesn't want to use technic.
Please leave any feedback, concerns or ideas in this thread.