1.7.10 - Nuclear Fallout - [Unlisted][Unguided Progression][Custom mods][Challenge][Survival]

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Great so my message that I also just posted that was completely without any rule breaking things was also removed? neat

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Couldn't care less anymore. Someone wants to attack me or be a jerk, I'll be a jerk too. I don't see why you would call us "unpaid professionals". If that was the case, I'd be spending way more time and effort on this. I'd most likely take on the same attitude that I use for my job. This is nothing but a stupid little hobby...
I hope you can try to understand sir that that's a compliment. You made a point when you said you were doing this pack for no compensation.

An "unpaid professional" is someone who is very good at what they do, but you're not getting paid for it. You're doing it because you like to do it, or because you're charitable. Do you understand that this is complimentary? Can you appreciate that I'm basically taking your side in a ridiculous argument?

When I suggest you take the high road, its because you have two options here:
1) You descend to their level, in which case nobody cares about you or your opinions and your posts get deleted, and the other person gains legitimacy.
2) You rise above their level, in which case everyone assumes you're more than 15 years old, you look awesome, and the other person looks like an idiot.

1 is tempting and easy. 2 takes balls and is awesome.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'll drop a reminder in here to read the rules, specifically point two, which states:
Be polite do not use obscenities or engage in name-calling.

I suggest all parties become very familiar with that based on what I've been seeing in here.

Edit: Yeah, language is being removed from the last few posts. Knock it off, I really don't want to be handing out warnings for excessive language today.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
I'll drop a reminder in here to read the rules, specifically point two, which states:

I suggest all parties become very familiar with that based on what I've been seeing in here.

So saying bad words is a no no
Calling someone an idiot gets your post removed
And being a little rude is against the rules?

Awesome.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So saying bad words is a no no
Calling someone an idiot gets your post removed
And being a little rude is against the rules?

Awesome.

Read the rules.

If you have an issue with what happened here, take it up in private with myself. If you have a problem with me or how I handled the situation, take it up in private with Captainnana / slowpoke.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Maybe our view just differ too much then.
I would say that an unpaid professional is someone who, while admittedly good at what he does, does these things just as if he was in an professional environment.
Nope, that's correct. You nailed it, sir. That was exactly my intent.

However, naturally if you're the sort of person for whom telling people to eff off is fun and doesn't wish to promote his modpack maturely, then you're absolutely right. I should just back off and let you attempt to conduct things with the degree of maturity you see fit.

Thanks for the clarification and gl :)

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
I shall give this a proper, polite reply then, as I apparently need to treat this like a second job now.

Okay, so some feedback I wanted to post about early game:

Overworld is boring - has no trails of past civilization, which is exactly opposite of what people expect of post-apocalyptic experience. World after 1000 years would not look like a desert. Look up Shahr-e Sukhteh, Sechin Bajo, Pyramid of Djoser (all which are 3000+ BCE). Post-apocalypse is a simply click-bait in current state of the pack.
Exploration is not encouraged at all, as it's all wasteland of nothingness. All you need from it is basic things like wood, sand and a slime island, well and oil. I'm not asking for a dungeon-fest.

Disabling machines is a lazy way to "increase difficulty", whereas gating them vs a challenge is more creative and gives players a choice. For example - Rolling Machine vs Ingot compressor (disabled), it would be much better to gate Ingot compressor through challenge like adding a Nether star to a recipe, then players have a choice - do I take on Wither, or do I grind more? Get more creative, there's plenty of options with this many mods.

As you said - pack is about progression. There is only ONE way to progress to - rocket. You would think one feels a relief after finishing rocket and being able to at last move onwards, gain better ore.. NO - you need to grind more for other machines, this is where you alt+f4. And if you choose to do anything else than that - punished. You choose to use iron on anything else than steel - punished. Having no choices is lame, forced progression with a huge grind (focused on just one ingot) is not a fun experience. I think that Ingot compressor would make this experience less painful, having to grind 33% less is significant number. You can add quest rewards to help, make ore spawn as normal for 20-30% of time, etc.

I know what is grind, been playing Ultima Online, D2, D2:MXLU, Path of Exile (farming boss for a straight month, at least 5-8h+ a day). All these games, and all the modpacks that I've played did offer different ways to grind, progress and grow. It's a shame that potential deep mechanics of modded Minecraft are left to waste in favor of the simplest and laziest gating you can imagine - double, tripple, quadrupple the resources you need.

Every minute spent in Overworld just makes me want to shoot myself. And when I open NEI to see what I need more to at last finish "progression" to the Moon - you just want to press alt + f4 and delete the pack.

I apologize if anything I said sounds condescending or non-constructive whining.

I do not believe my pack would benefit from any of these changes. Our team is confident in the direction this pack is headed and will continue to do so. We do not wish to discuss this further, as this cannot be changed anymore.

Have a nice day.
-CreeperShift

Reactions: Pyure

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019
Joined the server today: The town plugin is effing up, when creating claiming already claimed land (which is clearly NOT the case) AND blocking the name and listing it in the townlost as ServerAdmin property (without claiming land)

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Joined the server today: The town plugin is effing up, when creating claiming already claimed land (which is clearly NOT the case) AND blocking the name and listing it in the townlost as ServerAdmin property (without claiming land)

Thank you for playing on our server.

The bug you have described has been known for quite a while, and has been reported to the mod author.
I will try to assist you ingame shortly, as I can manually reset the town.

Have a nice day
-CreeperShift

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019
It resolved itself after the server restart, although there are stil the NIL towns in the list^^

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
It resolved itself after the server restart, although there are stil the NIL towns in the list^^

Yes I will have to do another town sweep. We're pretty busy with the rework at the moment but I'll remove the towns tomorrow.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with planting Industrial Hemp, anywhere (on my server, yes, so let me know if I need to change something). Agricraft, I believe, disables planting on normal ground, and it won't plant on crop sticks. Also, do the server files come with Towny, or does that have to be configured and run separately?

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
I'm having some trouble with planting Industrial Hemp, anywhere (on my server, yes, so let me know if I need to change something). Agricraft, I believe, disables planting on normal ground, and it won't plant on crop sticks. Also, do the server files come with Towny, or does that have to be configured and run separately?

Hemp cannot be planted because AgriCraft doesn't have support for it in the version we're still using. Sadly I can't upgrade the version as that would pretty much remove every crop anyone has planted. We're using the newest version on our rework and it works fine, so this will definitely be fixed someday. For now, what you can do is craft fertile soil (I think that's what it's called) and use that to plant hemp. Alternatively go into the Agricraft config and set "Disable Vanilla Farming" to false.

The serverfiles don't come with MyTowns or anything really, I leave it up to the server admin to put those in. A small friendly, whitelisted server for just friends won't need it, and anyone who wants to run a bigger server should be more than capable of doing it themselves :)

We're using MyTown2 as it's much better than towny or griefprevention on a modded server. It protects against nearly all modded sources as well, instead of having to disable them.

If you need any help setting these up, just say so and I can go into a little more detail.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, thanks on the hemp thing. I'm just playing with my wife and a couple friends on a small private server, so I'm not real worried about griefing (other than by creepers and tornadoes).

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Okay, thanks on the hemp thing. I'm just playing with my wife and a couple friends on a small private server, so I'm not real worried about griefing (other than by creepers and tornadoes).

Tornadoes block damage should be off by default, if not as OP hit ESC, go to the weather settings and check the tabs, one has tornado block damage in it, change it and hit save.

Creepers you can easily use /gamerule mobGriefing false