[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

alphadeltablue

Jul 29, 2019
'Tis fine; it's true that there are a lot more hard packs than easy ones. :) Being a member of the Phoenix team, I bet you look at a lot of packs. :D

Correction: you get *some* of the cool stuff you've been lobbying for. ;)

:( .

Ah well, time to continue the Special Interest Group Pressure.

On to a progress report: The progress on the TiCon quests is somewhat slow.

I'm done with most of the quests up to the smeltery, and I need to finish the smeltery quests.
I guess since IguanaTweaks is going to be added, I should start adding that into the TiCon tutorial. More work, but I guess I did ask for ITTC to be added, so I'm just happy it's in.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Umm I was finishing up setting up the bioreactor and compression dynamos and soon after my jetpack and all my armor disappeared! What just happened??

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
So....... I can't craft the matter transceiver or receiver at all. I tried a vanilla table and the terminal but no luck

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Umm I was finishing up setting up the bioreactor and compression dynamos and soon after my jetpack and all my armor disappeared! What just happened??
I don't know. I think it's more likely a server/MP glitch than it is to do with this modpack... My advice would be to cheat it back; glitches are not a fun challenge, they're a pain. :/
So....... I can't craft the matter transceiver or receiver at all. I tried a vanilla table and the terminal but no luck
Try it in SP. If the issue persists, I'll check it myself. Again, just cheat it in if the issue continues.
I don't like having to cheat; that's why this pack is supposed to be easier. On the other hand, we're talking about mods, so bugs are inevitable. :p

Reactions: Awerick11

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. I think it's more likely a server/MP glitch than it is to do with this modpack... My advice would be to cheat it back; glitches are not a fun challenge, they're a pain. :/

It's was very bizarre because when I came back on the server it appears again so it wasn't a "oh it's gone for good" glitch but it was still a really weird one indeed...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It's was very bizarre because when I came back on the server it appears again so it wasn't a "oh it's gone for good" glitch but it was still a really weird one indeed...
Ah. Probably just a graphical thing, then. Those are the sorts of things that it's either really hard to pin down, or it is simply impossible to fix; it requires an update by the mod's author. And then you can't be sure which mod it is, so you don't know which person to pester... And then it's hard to reproduce, so everything gets *that* much harder.

It boils down to this: if it's a one-time graphical glitch that happened on a server, there's not much I can do. :p

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
just tested it in singleplayer and it works so idk why it doesnt work in multiplayer
Try restarting your client and try it. Or have someone else do it, restarting their client if they can't. If that still doesn't work, have an admin type /mt reload (reloads scripts). If that doesn't work, reboot the server. As a last attempt, go to the directory of the server on the server computer, check the RFTools script in the scripts folder (open it with a text editor), and see if you can find the bit where I edit the teleporters (it's annotated decently well).

... Welcome to tech support. :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya *waves*

Tried to start into this modpack to see how it is, but whenever I try to create a world, instead of creating it minecraft closes itself.
Crash report says something about "The fluid registry is corrupted". Playing on the 'Recommended'-Version.

The first part of the crash report, if more than this is needed I will add it.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 19.05.15 14:20
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The fluid registry is corrupted
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry.getDefaultFluidName(FluidRegistry.java:294)
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry.writeDefaultFluidList(FluidRegistry.java:324)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeModContainer.getDataForWriting(ForgeModContainer.java:314)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleWorldDataSave(FMLCommonHandler.java:375)
at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75761_a(SaveHandler.java:209)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71371_a(Minecraft.java:2081)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_146284_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:230)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73864_a(GuiScreen.java:225)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_73864_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:377)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1640)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Heya *waves*

Tried to start into this modpack to see how it is, but whenever I try to create a world, instead of creating it minecraft closes itself.
Crash report says something about "The fluid registry is corrupted". Playing on the 'Recommended'-Version.

The first part of the crash report, if more than this is needed I will add it.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 19.05.15 14:20
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The fluid registry is corrupted
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry.getDefaultFluidName(FluidRegistry.java:294)
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry.writeDefaultFluidList(FluidRegistry.java:324)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeModContainer.getDataForWriting(ForgeModContainer.java:314)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleWorldDataSave(FMLCommonHandler.java:375)
at net.minecraft.world.storage.SaveHandler.func_75761_a(SaveHandler.java:209)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71371_a(Minecraft.java:2081)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_146284_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:230)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73864_a(GuiScreen.java:225)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiCreateWorld.func_73864_a(GuiCreateWorld.java:377)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1640)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Hmm. Is this your first time playing? Can you tell me what version of Forge is installed, and also what version of TiCon? That might be helpful in case something went wrong with the update.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on moving the server guys to the dedicated server. For some reason it won't boot over there so I asked the DC there to see what is going on with that.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Is this your first time playing? Can you tell me what version of Forge is installed, and also what version of TiCon? That might be helpful in case something went wrong with the update.

Seen on this modpack: Yes first time trying to play it :)
Played a few other modpacks (with their own crashes, hehe) with the ftb-launcher, the other modpacks still work normal. I tried to reinstall the modpack already, too.

About forge-version: When I start it over the ftb-launcher it says "Minecraft Forge 10.13.3.1403". TiCon is on version 1.8.5

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
It's done! New IP is 167.88.10.211 and since it on the default port you don't need to put that in.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Seen on this modpack: Yes first time trying to play it :)
Played a few other modpacks (with their own crashes, hehe) with the ftb-launcher, the other modpacks still work normal. I tried to reinstall the modpack already, too.

About forge-version: When I start it over the ftb-launcher it says "Minecraft Forge 10.13.3.1403". TiCon is on version 1.8.5
Hmm. That's very odd. I just tested it out myself, and I also crash on trying to create a new world. I'll post about it in the tech support section, perhaps; I don't know what the issue could be. :(
Good news is that you can still connect to servers, so I may have a workaround:
Downgrade to the previous version and create the world in that. Then, upgrade back and play. I bet it's something to do with worldgen, but I don't know for sure; being able to connect to a server makes me think that actually running the pack isn't an issue, that it's more about worldgen. But I don't know.

Alternatively, you could apply to Harvest to get on the server and just play there. ;)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. That's very odd. I just tested it out myself, and I also crash on trying to create a new world. I'll post about it in the tech support section, perhaps; I don't know what the issue could be. :(
Downgrade to the previous version and create the world in that. Then, upgrade back and play. I bet it's something to do with worldgen, but I don't know for sure; being able to connect to a server makes me think that actually running the pack isn't an issue, that it's more about worldgen. But I don't know.

Alternatively, you could apply to Harvest to get on the server and just play there. ;)

Thank you. Downgrading and creating a world worked. Will see how it works, when new parts of the world are created during exploration.

If it helps: from Version 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 there were 27 Blocks that were deleted from the world. Cannot imagine how that could cause a crash in world-generation... but it's something I noticed when started the world, so thought I should mention it :)

About playing on the server... I'm always tempted to do so, but I'm quiet a chaotic player (sometimes I play really alot and suddenly from one day to another I stop playing minecraft for months), so sadly I'm bad when it comes for someone who plays on a server. ^^

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. Downgrading and creating a world worked. Will see how it works, when new parts of the world are created during exploration.

If it helps: from Version 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 there were 27 Blocks that were deleted from the world. Cannot imagine how that could cause a crash in world-generation... but it's something I noticed when started the world, so thought I should mention it :)

About playing on the server... I'm always tempted to do so, but I'm quiet a chaotic player (sometimes I play really alot and suddenly from one day to another I stop playing minecraft for months), so sadly I'm bad when it comes for someone who plays on a server. ^^
The 27 blocks are just from the removed mods, nothing to worry about. :p Thanks for mentioning it, though. :)
So, the crash definitely has to do with worldgen... But the previous version works fine. I know Forge "fixed" something about the Fluid Registry - something about handling everything properly now - but it's a little funky with some mods, I think. :p

It's fine about not being on often (I think); this entire thing is here for fun. So, just come on and have fun for a bit if you want. Maybe check out the builds. Contribute if you want. Nothing's obligatory. :D

Last edited:

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019

just found the pack and downloaded it and insta crashed on creation of a new world. reading through the crash log it seems that one of the mods is not updated to the new fluid api forge is using. i dont know which mod is the offender of it as of right now but if you would like i can dig through the mod list and try to find out which mod(s) it is for you if you would like.

Migui

Jul 29, 2019
just found the pack and downloaded it and insta crashed on creation of a new world. reading through the crash log it seems that one of the mods is not updated to the new fluid api forge is using. i dont know which mod is the offender of it as of right now but if you would like i can dig through the mod list and try to find out which mod(s) it is for you if you would like.

Just did that, and after i removed Minechem i could create the world and play, tried to add it afterwards, but it crashes 10-15 secs after world loading.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Just did that, and after i removed Minechem i could create the world and play, tried to add it afterwards, but it crashes 10-15 secs after world loading.
so minechem may just need to be updated it sounds like cause i have had it in packs recently on the new fluid api and it works fine.