[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Silent's Gems armor is not repairable in the same way as the tools. Won't repair in an anvil, either. Do you know if that's intentional? I'm getting to the point where I need to repair my Supercharged Onyx armor and it just won't take it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I love the idea of Chromaticraft, but it's a Reika mod, and if you don't get lucky enough to find the right progression, it just sits there uselessly. Like an Appendix.

Found a couple of cool EssentialCraft toys. One is an amulet that doubles my damage, I think I take double damage in return though. The other one is a portable MRU converter. As soon as I can figure out how to empty the thing, I'll be in business. Just finished dragging a train of minecarts almost fifteen hundred blocks by sitting in the normal minecart, and holding W because I don't have a locomotive yet.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I love the idea of Chromaticraft, but it's a Reika mod, and if you don't get lucky enough to find the right progression, it just sits there uselessly. Like an Appendix.

Found a couple of cool EssentialCraft toys. One is an amulet that doubles my damage, I think I take double damage in return though. The other one is a portable MRU converter. As soon as I can figure out how to empty the thing, I'll be in business. Just finished dragging a train of minecarts almost fifteen hundred blocks by sitting in the normal minecart, and holding W because I don't have a locomotive yet.
I think you can use it in place of a bound gem in any EC machine. I think.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, that'll be handy. Portable Matrix Destructor, that's the amulet.

Waila's telling me I need mining level 3 to harvest chaos ore. Is that after an update? Haven't found diamonds yet, and I'd hate to have to make a pick just to mine one thing.

I do have one bug report: The Certus Quartz Wrench doesn't work on TE machines, and it's supposed to. Unless that's something that requires Buildcraft for it to have that functionality, which is annoying.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm guessing, yeah. There are two relatively easy ways around this. If you've found enough elemental drops fro Essential Craft you can make weakened elemental tools with them. It takes blocks of them, though so you'll need 27. Slightly less durable than diamond, but can mine the same things.

If you don't mind a bit of a process you can go the NuclearCraft route. Make a Heavy Duty Workspace and look into making either a Tough alloy pick or go full out Spaxelhoe, which has 10,000 ish durability. You'll need lapis, sugar, redstone, iron, copper and tin in a fair quantity to pull it off, but it is easily the best early to mid game tool.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
I do have one bug report: The Certus Quartz Wrench doesn't work on TE machines, and it's supposed to. Unless that's something that requires Buildcraft for it to have that functionality, which is annoying.

yes, that is a buildcraft thing. it allowed most wrenches like AE2, TE, galacticraft, mekanism, and even ancient warfare along with a bunch of other mods to have compatable wrenching so you dont have to carry 5 around.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Hmmm.. I've found a lot of them, and been using the UBMRU extra drop amulet, so I should have enough. If not, I can just dig some more up.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hmmm.. I've found a lot of them, and been using the UBMRU extra drop amulet, so I should have enough. If not, I can just dig some more up.
Be careful with that extra drop amulet, it eats into your UBMRU regardless of the block you mine, and it can and will deplete your UBMRU quickly. I use it on diamonds and emeralds and other things like that, and stick with Fortune for the rest.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I suspected. I've been alternating that and the double damage amulet though. I still haven't found Diamonds, and the village I'm living in has been my source of emeralds. Mostly I've been using it on the Silent's Gems. Got a lot of Onyx.

Sometimes I forget just how nice Extra Biomes XL can look.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I suspected. I've been alternating that and the double damage amulet though. I still haven't found Diamonds, and the village I'm living in has been my source of emeralds. Mostly I've been using it on the Silent's Gems. Got a lot of Onyx.

Sometimes I forget just how nice Extra Biomes XL can look.
I like it because it doesn't bring an overwhelming amount of biomes (BOP) or have various mod compatibility issues (ATG, RWG and, unfortunately, Highlands) and it uses the vanilla world provider so I can't forget to turn it on. It is mostly unintrusive and more adds to the vanilla feel rather than overrides it.

The only issue I've found so far is that there *might* be an issue with villages. Maybe. Some worlds generate very few villages if any, and others seem to be fine and villages overall seem to be smaller than vanilla. The thing is I can't yet prove this 100% much less track down the problem.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got around to making an Immersive Engineering Mining Drill and.. I'm underwhelmed. I really appreciate the item model, attention to detail, the custom hitbox.. but it just does not stack up well against other offerings. It doesn't last very long- even with an extended tank. You'll tear through the entire fuel capacity in 10-20 minutes, easily. Kind of disappointed!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Is the Magical Monocle supposed to require me to hold it in hand? I can see the node, but when I swap to the wand, it vanishes. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need the advanced wand? I admit, I cheated in the monocle, because the node noise was driving me mad.

Here's the village I'm living in. There had been an Aura Cascade house to the top left, but I knocked it down when I took over the black smith. JSTR Textures look awesome with the pack so far.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, the level 1 node moving thing you can't see the node at all. You can use WAILA to keep track of it to a degree, however.

Edit: And it does look good, yeah.

aaleo

Jul 29, 2019
Why not open GUI pump from Hydraulicraft?
[23:35:19] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: k4unl.minecraft.Hydraulicraft.client.GUI.GuiPump
[23:35:19] [Client thread/INFO] [inventorytweaks]: k4unl.minecraft.Hydraulicraft.containers.ContainerPump
And the MC freezes.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah. Well, I'm momentarily jammed. I require diamonds and tungsten. I've found two diamonds and zero tungsten. Tungsten to charge my fancy new Magneticraft Chainsaw, and diamonds to do any more with essential craft because I need the radiating chamber which needs diamond plates. Grrr.

Is the Magneticraft Jackhammer anything like the Greg Tech Jackhammer? IE it was wood level for ores, and wouldn't break them, but punched through stone stupidly fast?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ah. Well, I'm momentarily jammed. I require diamonds and tungsten. I've found two diamonds and zero tungsten. Tungsten to charge my fancy new Magneticraft Chainsaw, and diamonds to do any more with essential craft because I need the radiating chamber which needs diamond plates. Grrr.

Is the Magneticraft Jackhammer anything like the Greg Tech Jackhammer? IE it was wood level for ores, and wouldn't break them, but punched through stone stupidly fast?
Yeah tungsten is stupid, stupid rare. I bumped the height it appears at and it looks like I should have bumped up its generation a little beyond that.

@aeleo Yeah, Hydraulicraft is a bit riddled with bugs. I wish I'd known. I've informed the dev about what I can find, but it is slow going.