[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Question: are Fluxed Crystals broken in 1.0.4? I'm processing legendary bag shards (found in a secret), and I get no output from Gem Refiner :(

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I got 2 villager spawn eggs from a reward bag but since I don't think it's possible to breed them underground in the complex, is there anything else I can do with them except melt them in the smeltery for emeralds or maybe trade with them?

Yamanagi

Jul 29, 2019
Made it to the overworld. Found iskandars cave. And I got lost. Did find a giant wall of diamond blocks. Still no wool. Travel anchors are a godsend in the overworld

Yamanagi

Jul 29, 2019
Question: are Fluxed Crystals broken in 1.0.4? I'm processing legendary bag shards (found in a secret), and I get no output from Gem Refiner :(
if you're talking about the rough legendary bag chunks you find, place them down on the ground with the right click then break them with a flux crystals hammer and they'll give you rough shards put those into a cutter and they'll give us smooth bag shards put 16 of those into a refiner and you can get one legendary bag. same holds true for any more bags shards you can make or get. make sure you put 16 in at a time and don't try to do it one at a time because the refiner will eat the shards without giving you the bag. it has to be 16 exact. also I believe fluxed crystals has been updated, go check out the mod authors thread on minecraft forums

Woif

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I'm having issues with crashing, I was leveling up a cross bow, then this happened: http://pastebin.com/8hZTPNHg

I've tried removing the crossbow/crossbow bolts from my inventory with NBT Explorer, no luck. Renamed my player.dat to generate a new one, still no luck. Any advice short of pulling the entire mod out and re-adding it?

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
At which spacial area is cobalt? Also, what's next after nether sphere? I seem to need to do more mining before entering next stage...

You have to manufacture cobalt yourself using Minechem. I'd suggest looking at your greens for chemicals that break down into cobalt.

As an alternate, relatively-simple, if high-energy means of producing cobalt, iron plus hydrogen in the fusion chamber will yield cobalt.

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I'm having issues with crashing, I was leveling up a cross bow, then this happened: http://pastebin.com/8hZTPNHg

I've tried removing the crossbow/crossbow bolts from my inventory with NBT Explorer, no luck. Renamed my player.dat to generate a new one, still no luck. Any advice short of pulling the entire mod out and re-adding it?

You are playing SSP (single-player), right? Then you need to edit level.dat as well - player.dat is regenerated each time you load the world.

Reactions: Woif

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
if you're talking about the rough legendary bag chunks you find, place them down on the ground with the right click then break them with a flux crystals hammer and they'll give you rough shards put those into a cutter and they'll give us smooth bag shards put 16 of those into a refiner and you can get one legendary bag. same holds true for any more bags shards you can make or get. make sure you put 16 in at a time and don't try to do it one at a time because the refiner will eat the shards without giving you the bag. it has to be 16 exact. also I believe fluxed crystals has been updated, go check out the mod authors thread on minecraft forums

In SSP, this works just fine: 16 Legendary Smooth shards make 1 bag. But in SMP, everything is messed up: I get 1 redstone alloy for 4 legendary smooth shards, 1 Universal seed for 16 Redstone Alloy shards, and 1 Legendary bag for 16 universal seed seed shards. Testing other shards just now...

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
In SSP, this works just fine: 16 Legendary Smooth shards make 1 bag. But in SMP, everything is messed up: I get 1 redstone alloy for 4 legendary smooth shards, 1 Universal seed for 16 Redstone Alloy shards, and 1 Legendary bag for 16 universal seed seed shards. Testing other shards just now...

Sometimes the refiner just stops producing anything - it still consumes the shards. I'll try updating the mod tomorrow, let's hope this was fixed. Alternatively, I may either disable cutting/refining mechanic, or try to add an extra set of (repeatable) quests to exchange smooth shards for resources.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
I got 2 villager spawn eggs from a reward bag but since I don't think it's possible to breed them underground in the complex, is there anything else I can do with them except melt them in the smeltery for emeralds or maybe trade with them?
Spawn one with an egg, use a Soul Vial to trap it, then infuse the trapped Villager Soul into an Ender IO Powered Spawner. Infinite Villagers at the cost of power.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Spawn one with an egg, use a Soul Vial to trap it, then infuse the trapped Villager Soul into an Ender IO Powered Spawner. Infinite Villagers at the cost of power.

I tried that it went a bit funky. Didn't work once and did the second time.
I don't think it'll work with mod added villagers.

Oh and you will need them as crafting ingredients for an item or two.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Accidentally destroyed a trophy, any way to get it back? It is the spider one and I can't find an id for it

There is one way. Kill a ton of spiders.
Better would be to use /HQM edit. It'll spawn you a creative HQM book that'll let you clear that quest.

One way that you might thing would work but won't would be to creative mod in the trophy in. But that will only give you a random one.

Another option would be to start a new map find the trophy again and copy over the level.dat. It's a far more complex way to do it and has far more risk.
You would need to store your old inventory first. Including armor, the stuff in the mine and blade slots and extra hearts.

Better to use the book.

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed a lot of people talking about automating Fluxed Crystals a few pages ago, and how it was "impossible" to do it from growth to item. I skipped a few pages because i don't have much time right now so I apologize if someone has already mentioned their own way but I can confirm that it is indeed actually possible to do.

First, obviously, you use the autonomous activators to harvest and break chunks. Then you collect those shards in a chest that feeds into cutters via Ender IO (i used an advanced item collector to pick them off the ground). Along that Ender network set up a refiner for each kind of shard you have. Use filters on the IO conduits to only allow one kind of shard per refiner..

And that's it. Make sure you set up the conduits to insert from the bottom and extract from the side as it doesn't seem to work any other way. The design isn't perfect due to a bug in Fluxed Crystals which seems to cause machines to just stop processing sometimes, especially after relaunching the game. This cause the system to back up until you open the interface for any machine that's not working to trigger the processing again. i assume the machines don't keep track of how many crystals were processed between relaunches so some crystals may be wasted but I get more than enough output as it is so i'm not all that worried about it. Otherwise, it works perfectly (though it's a bit bulky if you have a lot of shard types).

Banedon

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that it went a bit funky. Didn't work once and did the second time.
I don't think it'll work with mod added villagers.

Oh and you will need them as crafting ingredients for an item or two.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with this. I have two soul vials with villagers, but I can't get both the vial and a broken spawner into the soul binder at the same time. It will only allow one or the other.