[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Doc'X

Jul 29, 2019
Parcel, thanks for the great mod pack!

Question for anyone who might know the answer.

I just updated one of my ME4 instances from 0.7 to 1.03 to 1.04. I didnt play 1.03, just did the upgrade to make sure I got everything before I upgraded to 1.04. (As a side note, I have another ME4 instance that I started with 1.03, and have played through all of the dungeons in it)

I copied over a few of the new templates into my save.

I loaded up ice palace with no problem, finished it, and got the "Reds" spatial drive. I unloaded Ice Palace, and put Reds in and loaded it. Instead of the Reds dungeon showing up, I got the "Tormented" dungeon (I think that's name of it). Unloaded it and loaded it a couple of times, same result.

Looking at the log, I see it is trying to load DIM35 when I have the Reds drive in. Looking at the list of dimensions on page one, I don't see any of the new dungeons listed, so I assumed it was the correct dimension. So I quit the game, re-copied the templates in, and tried it again. Same result.

I then got the Tormented dungeon in the "normal" quest book way. Loaded it. It loaded in the Tormented dungeon.

Long story short, I have two spatial drives pointing to DIM35, one named Reds, one named Tormented. My Reds drive wont load the Reds dungeon. I went to my other ME4 instance and noticed it loads DIM36 when Reds is inserted.

Did I miss something in the forum about this? Anything I can do to fix it?

-----

I also just finished up an Imgur album detailing my quest for making an octuple compressed cookie with the 0.7 version: http://imgur.com/a/hjarn/

damage_eater122

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Is there a reason why my plants in the Observatory don't grow? It's driving me nuts, everything except coccoa beans, cactus and sugar canes isn't growing. Am I a a dummo or is my world bugged (|0.0|)?

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
Is there a reason why my plants in the Observatory don't grow? It's driving me nuts, everything except coccoa beans, cactus and sugar canes isn't growing. Am I a a dummo or is my world bugged (|0.0|)?
Do they have enough light? (The biome you're in for the observatory doesn't allow monster spawns, but that doesn't mean it's bright enough for plants to grow.)
So they have enough room? (I don't remember the minimum height for trees, but make sure you're far enough away from the walls too.

Basically, I'd recommend either making a platform off to the side, or finding a way to get to the roof of the observatory and try to grow the plants there instead.

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
what about the garden soil? it says in the mod description that garden soil can grow plants even without water/light.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone tell me if the mod CompactMachines is required to complete this pack?
It's required in that you have a few quests to craft some of the items from it. But you don't need to "use" them ever.

what about the garden soil? it says in the mod description that garden soil can grow plants even without water/light.
It's true that it doesn't require water. I'm not sure about light (tests I did with Slimy Saplings hint towards it still needing light. And it won't ignore space requirements, so you still need to give them ample room to grow.

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
no i ment if you go to the ztones mod is actually says it removes the need for light, however just for curiosities sake i put torches nearby and they grew =P

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
ive also just found a small bug where when i have a tinkers or vanilla bow equip and i hole right click is kinda have draws and then stops and re draws again. its also the case with food.

edit: turns out crazy pants magnet i have is whats causing it, weird :/

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
ive also just found a small bug where when i have a tinkers or vanilla bow equip and i hole right click is kinda have draws and then stops and re draws again. its also the case with food.

edit: turns out crazy pants magnet i have is whats causing it, weird :/

Use crossbows. They speed up to be far faster and easier to use than normal bows. As for power long bows might be stronger but as bolts can get strong enough to one shot withers a little more power isn't going to help much.
And they don't suffer that stopping.

Last edited:

pyro4erebus

Jul 29, 2019
Parcel, thanks for the great mod pack!

Question for anyone who might know the answer.

I just updated one of my ME4 instances from 0.7 to 1.03 to 1.04. I didnt play 1.03, just did the upgrade to make sure I got everything before I upgraded to 1.04. (As a side note, I have another ME4 instance that I started with 1.03, and have played through all of the dungeons in it)

I copied over a few of the new templates into my save.

I loaded up ice palace with no problem, finished it, and got the "Reds" spatial drive. I unloaded Ice Palace, and put Reds in and loaded it. Instead of the Reds dungeon showing up, I got the "Tormented" dungeon (I think that's name of it). Unloaded it and loaded it a couple of times, same result.

Looking at the log, I see it is trying to load DIM35 when I have the Reds drive in. Looking at the list of dimensions on page one, I don't see any of the new dungeons listed, so I assumed it was the correct dimension. So I quit the game, re-copied the templates in, and tried it again. Same result.

I then got the Tormented dungeon in the "normal" quest book way. Loaded it. It loaded in the Tormented dungeon.

Long story short, I have two spatial drives pointing to DIM35, one named Reds, one named Tormented. My Reds drive wont load the Reds dungeon. I went to my other ME4 instance and noticed it loads DIM36 when Reds is inserted.

Did I miss something in the forum about this? Anything I can do to fix it?

-----

I also just finished up an Imgur album detailing my quest for making an octuple compressed cookie with the 0.7 version: http://imgur.com/a/hjarn/

I had exactly the same problem, at first I thought I had somehow the 2 dimensions swapped around, but both Reds and Tormented pointed to the same spatial IO.
I fixed it by destroying the disk called Reds, using /hqm edit to uncomplete and complete again the quest that gives the Reds disk. When I loaded that new Reds disk it pointed to the right dimension.

Woodie6288

Jul 29, 2019
Use crossbows. They speed up to be far faster and easier to use than normal bows. As for power long bows might be stronger but as bolts can get strong enough to one shot withers a little more power isn't going to help much.
And they don't suffer that stopping.

Ok so long time player of tinkers but still trying to figure out the new tinkers bows and crossbows. Right now I have a slime/cobalt longbow fully upgraded for speed manyullen arrows with a decent amount of damage with the bow. Right now it's at 45.6 max damage. But I'm curious on what your using on the crossbow and bolts to be able to one shot a wither?

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so long time player of tinkers but still trying to figure out the new tinkers bows and crossbows. Right now I have a slime/cobalt longbow fully upgraded for speed manyullen arrows with a decent amount of damage with the bow. Right now it's at 45.6 max damage. But I'm curious on what your using on the crossbow and bolts to be able to one shot a wither?
Personally, I went with what another user posted here (might be the same person), I use a bone tool rod, pour Steel on it to make the bolt, and use a slime fletching. As you get modifiers on it, just add more sharpness (and/or mossy/diamond/emerald for auto-refill or larger ammo stack).

The crossbow stats don't affect bolt damage I think, but I have a Cobalt crossbow limb, obsidian body, slime tough binding and regular bowstring. Focus on putting redstone on it as much as possible and you can get the draw speed down to 2 secs or less.

Again, I just built these using the specs that another user posted. None of it is my idea.

EDIT: Max Damage: 87.5 According to my Crossbow.

Last edited:

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone used Aura Cascade for anything that couldn't be (more easily) done with the other mods in the pack? I'm somewhat curious about it, but I don't really know how to get started, and as there aren't (yet?) any quests focusing on it as there are for some other mods, I don't even have that much direction.

Woodie6288

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of a good or easy way of automating opening a mass amount of reward bags? I got a resonant cache full of basic reward bags and it's going to take a very long time to open them manually

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Something about Player Interfaces. I read people mentioning them, but I never tried myself.

Apparently, they're a block tied to your inventory, so just plug it into your storage system, then go nuts with opening bags.

Or an Autonomous activator set to right-click, with a vacuum hopper feeding into your system.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently the Autonomous Activator idea is a very bad one. So don't do it.

Last edited:

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of a good or easy way of automating opening a mass amount of reward bags? I got a resonant cache full of basic reward bags and it's going to take a very long time to open them manually
I use Steves Factory Manager with a pulser to open them with block gates, it opens one per tick then dumps the contents into an AE system, though when it's running it does cause a bit of fps lag, tbh its not really worth opening the basic bags. (At least I don't feel it is)

Woodie6288

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get the enchanted 5 and above for some of the usual enchants? I got a legendary bag that had dark steel boots with a bunch of enchantment lvl x and some other armor and weapons from bags with the same level. Are we able to craft those enchants or were they customized for only drops from bags?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get the enchanted 5 and above for some of the usual enchants? I got a legendary bag that had dark steel boots with a bunch of enchantment lvl x and some other armor and weapons from bags with the same level. Are we able to craft those enchants or were they customized for only drops from bags?

Nope not in this pack. They are custom for drops only.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was a good idea to use one of those high explosives to clear out reds.
2015-02-18_00.54.16.png
Nope.

I did find a better way.
Use the scyth to dig down every 5 blocks.
A scyth is as effective and a pick on the monster eggs.
And you can just click once to take out the silverfish. If it's strong enough. But that's easy.
And 5 blocks is the size of the skystone wool location.
It'll take a bit of time but far less than poking around randomly or lagging out do to fish.