[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Jerkhazi

Jul 29, 2019
Using four pieces of Quadruple-Compressed Cobblestone to make a Compressed Cobble Crossbow Limb results in an absurdly, ridiculously, undoubtedly broken Crossbow:

zIGKTaL.jpg

With no level ups, that's 150 Hearts of damage, and an Arrow Speed of 75---nearly ten times faster than any other material. It can one-shot anything, at any distance, instantly (the bolt has no travel time), with pinpoint accuracy... and then reloads in less than two seconds.

It's a lot of fun. I call it the Finger of God. But I'm assuming this is unintended? :)

I realized that, when he added those parts manually he couldnt specify these abilities i guess, dirt crossbow limb has that as well. i used it a little bit :D but mining age was like a hell :( got rid of it since i have an awesome scythe now ( thanks to 30 creative golden heads from a legendary bag )

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Using four pieces of Quadruple-Compressed Cobblestone to make a Compressed Cobble Crossbow Limb results in an absurdly, ridiculously, undoubtedly broken Crossbow:

zIGKTaL.jpg

With no level ups, that's 150 Hearts of damage, and an Arrow Speed of 75---nearly ten times faster than any other material. It can one-shot anything, at any distance, instantly (the bolt has no travel time), with pinpoint accuracy... and then reloads in less than two seconds.

It's a lot of fun. I call it the Finger of God. But I'm assuming this is unintended? :)

I don't think it matters much. You can pretty much get that with leveling up normal crossbows. Takes longerthough.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
... ( thanks to 30 creative golden heads from a legendary bag )
Oh, good to hear there's still useful loot in the upper tiers! I haven't cracked anything better than a Greater bag in this run of ME^4, but I've gotten nothing but heads, seeds and TiCo shards: I figured Parcel had just gutted the entire loot table from Basic through Legendary.

I don't think it matters much. You can pretty much get that with leveling up normal crossbows. Takes longerthough.
Not even close. I used a Crossbow exclusively on my first ME^4 playthrough, and while 0.25 second Draw Speed is a lot faster, the Damage and Arrow Speed came nowhere near these values. That Arrow Speed, especially, is absolutely insane!

invisible_squid

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to 1.0.4, I started the game with a new installation of FTB. Before the Mojang screen shows up, the launcher crashes and closes itself. it does make a report just not for Material energy ^4

C:\Users\NULL\Desktop\FTB\MinecraftLog.txt: written by FTB Launcher
[22:47:00] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[22:47:00] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Any idea on how to fix this? Really eager to get to playing

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to 1.0.4, I started the game with a new installation of FTB. Before the Mojang screen shows up, the launcher crashes and closes itself. it does make a report just not for Material energy ^4

C:\Users\NULL\Desktop\FTB\MinecraftLog.txt: written by FTB Launcher
[22:47:00] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[22:47:00] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_67]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Any idea on how to fix this? Really eager to get to playing
ME^4 is no longer supported on the FTB Launcher---use the Curse launcher, instead. (Google "minecraft curse", go from there, I believe in you.)

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
ME^4 is no longer supported on the FTB Launcher---use the Curse launcher, instead. (Google "minecraft curse", go from there, I believe in you.)

Are you serious? 1.04 is an old version, that came out before the Curse launcher. If we can't ask questions about already-released versions you may as well close the thread!

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019
Yah some things were changed around but it shouldn't effect anything negatively. Just make sure to back up your world just in case.

The update from 1.0.4 to the latest doesnt work. I tried it through the curse launcher, and now that its on the FTB launcher I tried it there too. For whatever reason it just hangs while updating my save. I looked at the log and it always hangs on the same step:

[16:14:04] [Server thread/DEBUG] [PerfectSpawnCore/]: Transforming hardcorequesting.quests.QuestTaskReputation$ReputationSetting
[16:14:04] [Server thread/DEBUG] [PerfectSpawnCore/]: Transforming hardcorequesting.quests.QuestDataTaskReputationKill

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
as of the new update 1.5 the quest book shuts down the game when you exit the book after using it and gives an error message before shoving you out to the multiplayer/server screen

Kruel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i have question. Is it normal that i get almost from every basic reward bag some stupid head ? Sometimes i get shard, but the rest of time i get these useless heads... Is it intended ?

Kruel

Jul 29, 2019
An another one, How can i skill my shield ? From tinkers defense ? I use my shield a lot but i dont get any xp for block, is it intended ? or there is different way how to skill my shield ?

If you want to skill your weapon you need use it and kill mobs, but killing mobs with shield ? is nonsense :D

Fenix chi

Jul 29, 2019
How can I get the newest update as I don't have access to a Windows system n can't get curse launcher for Linux

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
An another one, How can i skill my shield ? From tinkers defense ? I use my shield a lot but i dont get any xp for block, is it intended ? or there is different way how to skill my shield ?

If you want to skill your weapon you need use it and kill mobs, but killing mobs with shield ? is nonsense :D

No way to level the shield while battling with the current version. But it is coded like a pickaxe so you could level it like that. :/

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u You should really either upload the latest version to the FTB launcher, or remove this from the FTB launcher entirely. Otherwise, people (like me) will play old versions and not know it.

And now I have to update Fluxed Crystals, because the version in 1.5.0 is incredibly buggy, and because I don't want to update an adventure map after I start it.

And that means updating Forge, which means migrating to the vanilla launcher (or any non-FTB launcher), which is just annoying.

... and doesn't work. So I guess I need to get the Curse launcher, and copy my save over. Greeeeeeaaaaat. (Edit: Oh god so much advertising being shoved in my face, mostly for other features of Curse)

... edit again: Aaaand the Curse launcher doesn't actually work either. It just gets stuck at "Please Wait: We're fetching the latest modpacks".

... edit again: and the latest version doesn't actually have an updated version of Fluxed Crystals. So never mind.

Last edited:

jordan fyfe

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u hey for some reason the ftb version wont install correct it opens and show the error texture pack and i select single player and create a new world and the game crashes you have any idea what i can do?

p.s im on mac up to date

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
...And that means updating Forge, which means migrating to the vanilla launcher (or any non-FTB launcher), which is just annoying.

Not so. I posted in this very forum how to update forge and most of the mods a few pages back. Def not for the faint of heart, but not impossible.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-material-energy-4.57967/page-127#post-1032580

Note this was from nearly 2 months ago, and as a mod dev you should know a lot has changed since then. With all the updated dependencies and updated versions you're going to have a lot of fun figuring out which versions of which mods go together. If you go with the latest versions of everything, I believe you'll have a LOT of broken quests/rewards. However, at the time of my post back in March, most of the critical bugs were fixed and things were working really well for me. At least well enough that I finished the pack without further issues.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a version of Fluxed Crystals that's less buggy, and should be drop-in-compatible in the current modpack (unlike the actual latest Fluxed Crystals, which has some mechanics changes and block ID changes). If you install this, remember to delete the old version.

I haven't tested it thoroughly though, but it seems to work at a quick glance. I can finally have my FC stuff inside a compact machine without having to stand inside the machine all the time!

Paging @parcel31u.

Edit: You also need to go to <modpack folder>/minecraft/config/fluxedCrystals, and rename ME4.json to d_ME4.json.
Apparently version H loads JSON files in case-sensitive alphabetical order, but version L is case insensitive (and version H was in the modpack before, and my fixed one is based on version L), so if you don't rename this file, then the JSON files load in a different order, and crystal type IDs get assigned differently, which breaks some quests and reward bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: goreae

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I should also say that Fluxed Crystals is incredibly OP - I have 3000 redstone and 900 coal after running my system for a while (probably ~10 hours total, with one redstone crystal and one coal crystal) with the you-dont-have-to-keep-opening-the-GUI fix. But I'm sure it's intentional given the map.