[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
The most basic function of the matter condenser is a trashcan. The other modes are matter ball and singularity. Right clicking on it should open up a user interface. The left icon is items going in. The top item is a place for a storage cell. I am not sure what the different sizes do, but sticking an empty 1k cell works fine for me. The right side is the item that you are trying to get. Clicking on it changes the various modes. Now all you have to do is stick in any item and it will void the item and increase the count by one. This can be seen by the "energy bar" next to the top icon. The system is not smart and will not tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed cobble for example. According to the AE2 info site it can also accept fluids (those bedrockium drums of salt come to mind). I hope this helps, good luck!
Thing is, the matter compressors don't work for me. I can NOT insert any ME storage cells into the top slot.

I've finally cleared out the ^4 areas and moved on forward to the Ideas machine. My experience so far can be summed up with a few pictures and 4 words: What the actual f***.

Attachments

• 2015-03-14_19.12.29.png
    2015-03-14_19.12.29.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 2015-03-14_19.15.33.png
    2015-03-14_19.15.33.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2015-03-14_19.19.04.png
    2015-03-14_19.19.04.png
    358 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yea that was my reaction to the idea machine too. Someone suggested it to me a few pages back so I'll pass it on. Try out the scythe as a weapon, it's really good for those dogs. I think I misled you when I said to put in cells. You want to use the components that make the cells. If you don't have any, take any cell onto your hotbar. Select it and shift+right click, this will destroy all data on the storage cell. This will give you the storage component and a housing. You want to stick the storage component into the condenser.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yea that was my reaction to the idea machine too. Someone suggested it to me a few pages back so I'll pass it on. Try out the scythe as a weapon, it's really good for those dogs. I think I misled you when I said to put in cells. You want to use the components that make the cells. If you don't have any, take any cell onto your hotbar. Select it and shift+right click, this will destroy all data on the storage cell. This will give you the storage component and a housing. You want to stick the storage component into the condenser.
Oh, okay. Thank you. I did that and it finally worked. Got the matter ball, now to get the rest of the components.
I also cleared out the Idea Machine and, alongside a few ME drives I got reward bags. Out of those 2 items in particular stood out for me:
This ring is easily the best reward I have gotten. Unlimited flight? Oh god yes!
Then I got this...does anyone know how to check it's contents? I tried to put it into an ME drive and check it's contents, even going so far as to removing the other ME storage cells, but I did not get to see it's contents. Anyone know what to do?

Attachments

• 2015-03-14_20.16.27.png
    2015-03-14_20.16.27.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 2015-03-14_20.16.29.png
    2015-03-14_20.16.29.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 59

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
There is an easy way to view the contents of cells, but I don't know how to do it in AE2. For that particular one try putting it in your regular system and sort items by number. It will probably be one of the largest. I think that particular one is bacon or baked potatoes.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is, the matter compressors don't work for me. I can NOT insert any ME storage cells into the top slot.

I've finally cleared out the ^4 areas and moved on forward to the Ideas machine. My experience so far can be summed up with a few pictures and 4 words: What the actual f***.

Not he cells the storage component. The round/plus shaped things you use to make the drive. Shift right click the cell to separate it from the housing or just make a new one.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, okay. Thank you. I did that and it finally worked. Got the matter ball, now to get the rest of the components.
I also cleared out the Idea Machine and, alongside a few ME drives I got reward bags. Out of those 2 items in particular stood out for me:
This ring is easily the best reward I have gotten. Unlimited flight? Oh god yes!
Then I got this...does anyone know how to check it's contents? I tried to put it into an ME drive and check it's contents, even going so far as to removing the other ME storage cells, but I did not get to see it's contents. Anyone know what to do?

Plop the cell in a ME chest.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm in the Reds area now and...am I missing something? I've looked through everything and there's nothing here aside from 2 chests with books and glass. The only place I haven't explored in depth is the giant block of stone and, well, you can probably understand why, what with it being silverfish infested and all...
The quest book says something about entering the Deep Dark, but there doesn't seem to be a crafting recipe for the portal there.

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm in the Reds area now and...am I missing something? I've looked through everything and there's nothing here aside from 2 chests with books and glass. The only place I haven't explored in depth is the giant block of stone and, well, you can probably understand why, what with it being silverfish infested and all...
The quest book says something about entering the Deep Dark, but there doesn't seem to be a crafting recipe for the portal there.

Get ready to eat some silverfish....

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
The deep dark portals is a quest reward I believe. Your goal is to find the wool to move on as per usual.

I ended up using tnt on the stone, just be ready for silverfish hell.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
That would require downloading forgecraft. A huge map made by many people. You would have to get literally every forgecrafters permission.
No, I mean: Is it possible to "repair" the disc, so it loads what it was supposed to contain?

Put it in a drive and then sort by amount in the terminal, it should be in one of the first slots then. ;) It's some kind of bacon (from Tinkers Construct?) that stores 100k items or so. Compressed bacon maybe? ^^

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I did have a nice simple but detailed walkthrough on just how to fix this in this thread. It seems to have vanished because search isn't finding it. So lets try this. Take a look at the highlighted parts.
First use the botom bar
then your frends name
then a location in the world
then the MCedit logo in the upper left corner. Save.
then the last and most important step. Smack your frend for playing with crashy things. And let him go first into the ^4 arias.
View attachment 15899

Sadly, I had already tried this before I posted, and it showed no names except "Player". Which I assure you is not my username, nor that of the other guy.

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
There has to be a Material Energy^5
This map was amazing
Material Energy Supercubed please :)

Next one is Material Energy^-1, @parcel31u is working on it now (you can watch him on Twitch).

I have a question:
how do you get back to Deep Dark after completing Overworld quests? I know there is a place with Deep Dark and End portals, but are you supposed to just stumble upon them?