[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
By map you mean the minimap? Journeymap was removed since 1.0.0 If you mean the whole map is missing well that's another story.

I meant the minimap. I was using it to jump around my test world... and my main world. Those TIO tpers are nice but a bit of a pain to use often.
Has anyone taken a look at the map using MCeddit. It shows all the hidden things. And there are so many. I think there was like a dozen hidden in the observatory alone!

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
I meant the minimap. I was using it to jump around my test world... and my main world. Those TIO tpers are nice but a bit of a pain to use often.
Has anyone taken a look at the map using MCeddit. It shows all the hidden things. And there are so many. I think there was like a dozen hidden in the observatory alone!

Starting a new map on 1.0.0, excluding the ones in the starting area (before the Reflection Pool), i found so far 145 basic, 63 good, 23 greater, 7 epic, 64 rough legendary thingy, a few weapons + all the trophies. Might be missing a few here and there since i stopped looking after i got the last trophy xD Working on an item buffer monument at the moment.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Starting a new map on 1.0.0, excluding the ones in the starting area (before the Reflection Pool), i found so far 145 basic, 63 good, 23 greater, 7 epic, 64 rough legendary thingy, a few weapons + all the trophies. Might be missing a few here and there since i stopped looking after i got the last trophy xD Working on an item buffer monument at the moment.
there's about 10 legendary bags somewhere :b

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
there's about 10 legendary bags somewhere :b

Welp i haven't checked the sides of the spatial chamber, the walls of the chem lab and the back wall of the VM, so my guess is they are there somewhere...unless you can paint item buffers with glass and ender obsidian...then i have to check some more spots.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Welp i haven't checked the sides of the spatial chamber, the walls of the chem lab and the back wall of the VM, so my guess is they are there somewhere...unless you can paint item buffers with glass and ender obsidian...then i have to check some more spots.

There were several hidden chests in the starting spot. And more might be in the various AE arias. Don't know about glass but ender obsidian probably works.

Just tested: Ender obsidian can be a hidden chest but not glass. They can even be made to look like ender machines. TE machines to but placing them causes a crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: flagada666

ikkonoishi

Jul 29, 2019
Watching youtubers play this map and generally seeing people gripe about the lack of more drives/storage cells early game, I thought i'd share my solution to the situation. Sky stone chests + Storage buses + cables. Not as big of a storage as a cell or a cache, but it's fine until you get to Inclusion Chamber^4 for the AE patterns. If you need more space, add more buses and chests :p

If you get Guude's advanced filing cabinet it makes a huge addition to the ME storage. All those unstacking weapons and stuff just get sucked right in.

aubi

Jul 29, 2019
Do i have to downgrade the Chisel and FluxedCrystal mods on my server ? Version Numbers are different :/

Server: Chisel2_DEV-2.2.2.0a6e6fc, fluxedCrystals-0.0.5a
1.0.1 Client: Chisel2_DEV-2.2.2.b8eaaca, fluxedCrystals-0.0.4c

---

nvm, i downloaded the outdated server .rar >.<

Last edited:

bluewarbler

Jul 29, 2019
As noted a few pages back, DO NOT MAKE THE NEW TINKER'S ARMORY STUFF WITH METALLURGY 4 COMPONENTS. Extra Tinker's doesn't seem to have been updated to reflect the changes to arrows, shuriken, throwing knives, spears. Afaik, "vanilla" tinker's stuff is all fine and dandy.
Thanks. I was trying to use a deshicalos arrowhead. :/

Malzie

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas how to fix this? It has happened after the update, and shows when starting a new map.

38Swjhu.jpg

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
@Malzie: Odd that I didn't get that when UPGRADING, but anyway... my guess is that the template which the new save is built from needs to be updated. While we could probably do this on our end (I believe Lockdown is the mod responsible for the starting experience), it seems harmless, and probably is most expedient to just wait for an update to the template.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If you are using the satchel, be sure to empty it before upgrading it. It doesn't keep its inventory the way the strongboxes do.

Starting over definitely gives you more loot chests & hidden item buffers.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I just found an interesting dupe bug while painting my collected item buffers to look like item buffers. Put several in the painter & it takes 1 but returns the # that were in the stack. Put 5 in, you get 5+4+3+2+1 back. I no longer have any idea how many item buffers I had found so far. I think it was around 1 stack.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I'm getting a jump on the compressed cobble early this time & moving some things around. I'm using the chest set up with hyper-rationing pipes. The initial cobble gen is feeding a reinforced cache while I go mine enough materials for all the world interaction & speed upgrades I'll need to get this flowing at a decent rate.

10931297_10204734372232518_8022596128195716209_n.jpg

10351815_10204734372752531_2198781526804633661_n.jpg

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: just done more testing and it turns out that using fertilized dirt is absolutely pointless in this setup (I mean farming station + reinforced watering can). It gives only 12-13% increase in wheat per minute compared to normal dirt.

EDIT 2: more testing! garden soil sux.. big time. Taking regular old dirt as a point of reference it goes like this: garden soil(53) < dirt(100) < fertilized soil (113).
Bottom line is - avoid garden soil and don't waste resources on fertilized soil.

Just wanna update that above is no longer true in version 1.0.0

In fact fertilized soil is now AT LEAST 50 times better than regular dirt. (tested on 13x13 identical farming stations. I've got 80wheat from dirt farm while in the same time over 4000 from fertilized soil).

So the quest lies about it being 20 times better(faster) just FYI.

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u
regarding seeds not growing in 1.0.1 as you probably already know from @jaredlll08 in json file you have to add "dimensionWhitelist":1 for it to work.

as for it not planting soil automatically - I have no idea.
as for harvesting - you need automation upgrade. from what I see it doesn't pick up items (but replants) so vacum hopper or sth is required

edit: oh and they need light.. sth like max 4 blocks from seed to torch
edit2: it looks like there is a memory leak in the mod:
[09:25:46] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Detected ongoing potential memory leak. 400 packets have leaked. Top offenders
[09:25:46] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: fluxedcrystals : 400

Last edited: