[1.7.10] Marooned

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone else is going CRAZY building with the New Sandstone Colors because I AM.

I defiantly cheated in a excavator and a magnet and a builders wand in my new world (because I need to dig up all the sand now), I kinda wish that the minimal layer of sand was 3 blocks deep instead of 2.

I planned on a 40 by 40 structure for a formal base but then after I started laying blocks and making adjustments it ballooned to 80 by 80

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if I came off as an ass. It was just meant as a heads up. Focus on making the pack what you want it to be. :) let others worry about little things

I never for a moment thought you came off as an ass. I actually thought you did a great job in letting everyone know about the changes happening with FTB and curse. We need people like you to keep us informed about what is happening with our FTB's etc and I for one am glad you came onto this site to update us on what is happening. If you think the change isn't going to be an improvement then you have every right to voice your concerns about it. Without dissent we wind up getting stuck with whatever someone else thinks is good for us.

Cheers......

Reactions: Scottly318

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone else is going CRAZY building with the New Sandstone Colors because I AM.

I defiantly cheated in a excavator and a magnet and a builders wand in my new world (because I need to dig up all the sand now), I kinda wish that the minimal layer of sand was 3 blocks deep instead of 2.

I planned on a 40 by 40 structure for a formal base but then after I started laying blocks and making adjustments it ballooned to 80 by 80

Well don't go too crazy :eek: because its all changing in the impending update. Its all explained on the front page in item 25 as follows:

25: Removed the coloured compressed sands and increased the blast resistance of regular, smooth and chiselled sandstone blocks to make them more useful for building with. Also changed some of their recipes to reflect this change.

EG: A new chiselled sandstone block uses 16 blocks of sand and has 33% more blast resistance than the previous double compressed sand block that required 81 blocks of sand.

NB: Although its still possible to play an existing 1.5.? save, any biome specific compressed and double compressed coloured sand blocks that you've made will disappear from your world. If you had any in a chest and try to open that chest it may crash the game as well so I'd strongly advise that you remove any from chests before updating and convert all compressed and double compressed coloured sand blocks back into sand before updating if you don't want to lose them.

Then again, if you're only using the actual sandstone blocks, you may consider this a good thing....:p

BTW: You can actually make both of the builders wands in the 1.5.? versions. There is also a quest to make a magnet and of course you should be able to make an excavator in the usual way, so no need to cheat. :oops:

Just saying.............. ;)

Last edited:

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm probably a dumb, and the answer is probably somewhere in the book, but what do I do with the Mysterious Blocks I keep finding in the various slime islands?

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm probably a dumb, and the answer is probably somewhere in the book, but what do I do with the Mysterious Blocks I keep finding in the various slime islands?

The first thing you do when you find a mysterious block is SMILE!:)

Then you hover your cursor over it and read what 'tool' it requires to be harvested.o_O

Then you hover your cursor over it with the correct tool in hand and when it shows as green, you harvest it.:D

Then you smile again as you discover what goodies were lurking inside of it.;)

Thanks for bringing this one up, I had meant to mention it in the Disclaimer under the news banners, but forgot. I'll do it now so its in the upcoming update.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea on the next release date?

Really really soon now. I just keep coming up with ideas on some little thing to add, like today when I decided to make a few more changes to the spud to include a couple more elevator spots. Started on it and discovered that since enlarging it last time I had left unused space on each side that I was able to reclaim today so its about 20% bigger than before.

I was thinking I'd better release it before FTB goes fully onto Curse.

Anyway its past midnight here and I've been in a nostalgic mood and decided to try out Halo ODST. That got me hankering to play Reach again which got me thinking about the original Halo so I naturally I had to give it a go. Thankfully my old Xbox still works. They made them really reliable back then. Just got the final warthog 'drive' through to finish off. Bound to crash a few times until my muscle memory of the layout comes back. Once that's done I'll set about getting this update uploaded.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I was thinking I'd better release it before FTB goes fully onto Curse.

Not sure if you've mentioned it, but is there a reason that you haven't released it on Curse? Pure curiosity, since I'm obviously still playing on the legacy launcher myself.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you've mentioned it, but is there a reason that you haven't released it on Curse? Pure curiosity, since I'm obviously still playing on the legacy launcher myself.

According to a friend of mine, he said there are no restrictions on how games can be uploaded onto curse, and many packs are released by third parties who didn't do any of the work themselves and basically have only renamed the pack in some small way. I've been meaning to research this claim to verify its validity or otherwise before attempting to go directly to curse myself. If it turns out to be true then I imagine there won't be any point in uploading it myself.

Apart from that, since I've been working on the current update which I've been intending to upload almost daily if it hadn't been for yet another idea I had thought of overnight to add to it, I also couldn't see the point in uploading an existing version that is about to become obsolete.

I guess today is the day I package up the current update, upload it and then head to curse to see how it operates.

Hopefully if all is good, it will accept the currently formatted version in the same way that FTB does.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea on the next release date?

As promised last night, the new update has been uploaded and will hopefully be available in the not too distant future. I'll put in another notification as soon as I hear anything...............

Thanks to everyone who has tried out the pack and hopefully enjoyed it. As FTB is migrating to Curse, I imagine this will be the last update to go onto FTB.

I'll have to check out curse now to see how it works and decide if I want to continue the pack on there in the future.

Cheers..

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't followed exactly how this move to Curse is planned. I know there is a special FTB section on the curse launcher for FTB's own packs, but so far I can't see a specific area for what were "listed packs" before. So I am afraid that good packs will just be in the mass of crappy packs. Then again, you can sort by download and ratings, which probably helps.

My biggest concern is that all the old packs, that are not on Curse but still on FTB with a packcode, won't be playable anymore, since most of them are abandoned. And I guess FTB won't upload those to Curse.

I want to thank you for making this great pack. It certainly would have deserved the "listed" status in my opinion and probably everyone here agrees with me here. Maybe FTB has such a feature on the Curse launcher, so it can still happen. The amount of work and detail and especially heart (haha, at least quarter and half hearts) you put into the pack is really exceptional.

spiritofmc

Jul 29, 2019
oooooooh boy, long time no Marooned. i remember seeing this pack when it barely had 5 replies *sniffles* i totally didn't forget about it and started playing TF2, not at all. now i'm here, a year later and it's looking beautiful. i've like played 8 hours in 2 days and i finally realized you disabled infinite water. Anyway, how am i supposed to get the queen bee? i've been through 3 apiaries, and i have yet to find a bee or royal jelly. Am i just unlucky, or is there another way to get it?

Swat_Raptor

Jul 29, 2019
how am i supposed to get the queen bee? I've been through 3 apiaries, and i have yet to find a bee or royal jelly. Am i just unlucky

Yes you are unlucky, :(

there is some quest which grant you a queen/ royal Jelly, but they do drop from Apiaries and that is HOPEFULLY the way you come across your first queen.

spiritofmc

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you are unlucky, :(

there is some quest which grant you a queen/ royal Jelly, but they do drop from Apiaries and that is HOPEFULLY the way you come across your first queen.
Not to worry, just completed the sieve quest and i got some royal jelly from it, now i'm ready for the gift shop.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't followed exactly how this move to Curse is planned. I know there is a special FTB section on the curse launcher for FTB's own packs, but so far I can't see a specific area for what were "listed packs" before. So I am afraid that good packs will just be in the mass of crappy packs. Then again, you can sort by download and ratings, which probably helps.

My biggest concern is that all the old packs, that are not on Curse but still on FTB with a packcode, won't be playable anymore, since most of them are abandoned. And I guess FTB won't upload those to Curse.

I want to thank you for making this great pack. It certainly would have deserved the "listed" status in my opinion and probably everyone here agrees with me here. Maybe FTB has such a feature on the Curse launcher, so it can still happen. The amount of work and detail and especially heart (haha, at least quarter and half hearts) you put into the pack is really exceptional.

Thank you for your really encouraging post. I've certainly enjoyed making and changing the pack over the last 10 months. I've especially enjoyed all the feedback from everyone on here, even the not so good reviews as its all helped me to get a better feel for what people wanted to see put into the pack, and sometimes removed from the pack. Its still an ongoing project as I've already made some changes since releasing this latest update that BTW, has now been released and is ready to be downloaded. I hope everyone enjoys this latest 1.5.3 version.

Just remember if you've read the update news on the first page that you really really have to remove any 'compressed coloured sand blocks' in chests from any old games you're planning on playing with the new release. If you have any placed in the world, they'll just disappear. Considering how expensive they were to make, I doubt if anyone would have made any and not used them but it doesn't hurt to mention it just in case.

Just to reiterate: The new 1.5.3 update is now available and ready for downloading.

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Not to worry, just completed the sieve quest and i got some royal jelly from it, now i'm ready for the gift shop.

Funnily enough, I just played the Savanna and had a similar problem. In my case I couldn't find an apiary and had to make one and wait until I completed the sieve quest before starting bee production. But there are more ways to get bees these days, The repeatable 'Getting Bugged' quest is one way and of course you can always make your own royal jelly if you've got enough honeycombs, or grubs if you've got spare royal jelly. Its not easy but at least you get options.

It also helps if you check out an items recipe to see if there's been a change because there have been so many since the early days. You might be surprised what can now be made that couldn't previously. Its good to hear from you again.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thank you for your really encouraging post. I've certainly enjoyed making and changing the pack over the last 10 months. I've especially enjoyed all the feedback from everyone on here, even the not so good reviews as its all helped me to get a better feel for what people wanted to see put into the pack, and sometimes removed from the pack. Its still an ongoing project as I've already made some changes since releasing this latest update that BTW, has now been released and is ready to be downloaded. I hope everyone enjoys this latest 1.5.3 version.

I just want to thank you for being so pleasant and even enthusiastic when people had questions/problems. (Even when announcing when you had countered one of ElderSign's exploits. ;) ) One would expect that to be the norm, but I have found that not to be the case.

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
Hm is the desolated desert still updated? I thought you removed that one, but it is still in there, so I am wondering whether it also has the newest SPUD etc.

edit: I also still have the compressed and double compressed sand.

Last edited:

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Hm is the desolated desert still updated? I thought you removed that one, but it is still in there, so I am wondering whether it also has the newest SPUD etc.

edit: I also still have the compressed and double compressed sand.

Sounds like you either haven't successfully updated the pack as the desolated desert is gone completely and so have the compressed coloured sands, or you have simply downloaded the new pack over the old pack and the desolated save in the maps folder is still there as a remnant. If you try to play it you'll be told that the desolated blocks no longer exist and be given the option to continue. If you do, you'll find that world is now devoid of sand.

There is however still regular compressed and double compressed white sand, but that is from an an entirely different mod that uses it.

If you have something else going on, let me know and I'll try to work out what could be going wrong.......

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
i updated the pack and it had the doublecompressed sand in all colors, also the desert is not gone. i deleted the whole marooned folder in my ftb directory, completely downloaded the pack and it is still the same.

edit: even the quests ask for the double and single compressed sand, that is why i noticed it in the first place.