[1.7.10] Machicraft - Venture into tech [0.1.0]

Should IC2 and/or Buildcraft (and any other mods with a different power system) be implemented?

• Yes, both IC2 and Buildcraft should be added!

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Yes, but only IC2!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only Buildcraft!

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Yes, but not Buildcraft or IC2! (Leave a comment with what mod you are thinking of)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No! Keep the only power system needed as RF!

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • You use too many exclamation marks!!!!!!

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

Nicky8009

Jul 29, 2019
No they don't, they convert all ACCEPTED energy into RF

I use my hv solars on my custom pack and i have them go directly into the transfer nodes, and then it lets me store them in the ender io capacitor bank, which stores rf, not eu

firenexus13

Jul 29, 2019
why can't i craft mekanism's energy cables? i personally don't like the extra utilities power cables, and nei won't give me a recipe for them (i tried the recipe on the wiki, too!)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
why can't i craft mekanism's energy cables? i personally don't like the extra utilities power cables, and nei won't give me a recipe for them (i tried the recipe on the wiki, too!)
They are disabled. Unfortunately there is no way to disable their energy conversion abilities, and because they can convert RF/EU I think they are a little OP.

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
In the mekanism configuration you can modify the rf to eu conversion values so that people can still craft the cables but it becomes really expensive to use them to perform the conversions

Also, if you want to hide the recipes you can use minetweaker/modtweaker and use the commands:
mods.nei.NEI.hide(<BuildCraft|Factory:machineBlock>);

To hide stuff you don't want people to see to be able to try and craft.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In the mekanism configuration you can modify the rf to eu conversion values so that people can still craft the cables but it becomes really expensive to use them to perform the conversions

Also, if you want to hide the recipes you can use minetweaker/modtweaker and use the commands:
mods.nei.NEI.hide(<BuildCraft|Factory:machineBlock>);

To hide stuff you don't want people to see to be able to try and craft.
I know how to use Minetweaker ;) And I don't want to prevent crafting of the quarry (I know that block by that ID) I will be adding a new crafting recipe which actually requires it. I don't know why you'd think I want it hidden?

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
Just figured since you had disabled the recipe to stop the cables being made you might want to hide them.
That was just an example just in case :)

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
What would be a good way to generate and transport renewable MJ in this pack? Without Forestry, a sugar cane farm seems futile, as there is no ethanol/biofuel. A tree farm could still work, feeding some sort of setup making bulk amounts of Charcoal, which again would feed Hobbyist's Steam Engines along with a bank of Aqueous Accumulators, but this isn't particularly efficient.

Once I get to the End, and manage to locate a Fortress and kill a Blaze I suppose I could make a boiler of sorts, but I'd still have the problem of transporting power. It seems like the various forms of Tesseracts are disabled (only the crafting recipe for the generic Tesseract can be seen), so is energy teleportation out of the question? Would I be forced to use Conductive Pipes like in the Tekkit days?

I've got the impression that Quarries have got a lot less efficient since way back when, so I guess I should look for alternative ways to dig without having to deal with caves and such. I'm the sort of guy who prefer ripping caves to shreds and expose the monsters to the rays of the sun instead of spelunking and having to deal with them up close. Are there other viable automining methods out there?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What would be a good way to generate and transport renewable MJ in this pack? Without Forestry, a sugar cane farm seems futile, as there is no ethanol/biofuel. A tree farm could still work, feeding some sort of setup making bulk amounts of Charcoal, which again would feed Hobbyist's Steam Engines along with a bank of Aqueous Accumulators, but this isn't particularly efficient.

Once I get to the End, and manage to locate a Fortress and kill a Blaze I suppose I could make a boiler of sorts, but I'd still have the problem of transporting power. It seems like the various forms of Tesseracts are disabled (only the crafting recipe for the generic Tesseract can be seen), so is energy teleportation out of the question? Would I be forced to use Conductive Pipes like in the Tekkit days?

I've got the impression that Quarries have got a lot less efficient since way back when, so I guess I should look for alternative ways to dig without having to deal with caves and such. I'm the sort of guy who prefer ripping caves to shreds and expose the monsters to the rays of the sun instead of spelunking and having to deal with them up close. Are there other viable automining methods out there?
Tesseract = Power teleportation... along with items and fluids (it's an all in one thing)
To transport power, energy transfer nodes and energy pipes are the best (if not the only) way to go.
Mining.... If you want a world hole, then I can only suggest a quarry :/

But your power thingy:
MFR harvester/Planter setup which will get you your infinite wood, which feeds into a Railcraft steam furnace (can't remember the name), which creates your charcoal, which you pump into a solid fuel firebox, and then that will create you steam, which you pump into a steam engine/steam dynamo, which you put into your transfer node to make RF.

RF is the main power source, until I update the pack (dunno when I'll get around to this) buildcraft is the only mod that soley creates and uses MJ

Reactions: Codraroll

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for answering!

Buildcraft also happens to have the most convenient mega-digging tool (known to me), which unfortunately only accepts MJ. Maybe I'll look into the Ender Quarry later, though, as it seems like it can run on RF, and there's a multitude and a half ways to generate RF in this pack.

By the way, there are like Three FTB Wikis out there now that I know of, and probably a handful more that I don't. Which one would contain the most relevant and up-to-date information on the mods used in Machicraft?
Also, is there a plan to include MPS at some point?[DOUBLEPOST=1414536247,1414191245][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi again!

After playing some more, I think I'm entering early-midgame here. I've got a Quarry running, powered by five Steam Engines, and I've set up a little tree farm using the MFR Harvester and Progressive Automation's Iron Generator.

However, it seems that while there are an abundance of ways to generate RF, even cheaply, it seems like there aren't any cheap ways to transport it. I'm trying to connect a Boiler to get rid of the sludge produced by the Harvester, but I can't find any ways to transport RF from the Generator to the Boiler without plonking them right next to each other. And that has the side effect of poisoning me every time I check its fuel status.

I've tried using Energy Pipes, but they seem to require an Energy Transfer Node, which costs something like 50 redstone apiece. Are there any simpler ways to get that power from A (generator) to B (machine) that aren't disabled or ridiculously expensive?

Help would be appreciated, thanks!

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, it's me again!

Thanks again for this modpack, it has brought hours of fun. However, I keep running into quarry-related problems.

After stacking up the ~200 redstone required to craft an Energy Transfer node, I crafted all the necessary parts according to NEI, and tried to assemble my first node. Nothing happened. The recipe didn't work. It's in NEI, but when put into a crafting grid, the product doesn't show up.

I've tried the Node in Creative mode, and it works well (it allows me to power a quarry using RF), but I can't seem to craft it in Survival. What to do?

EDIT: Whoops, I'm stupid. Turns out that "QED recipes" doesn't refer to the mod maker's signature or anything, but rather it implies that I need to use a QED (Quite Elegant Device) to craft the thingamajig. Oh well, onto saving for that instead, please disregard my questions....

My gratitude still stands, though. Thank you for creating and maintaining the pack, Jordsta!