[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
The wirecutter is still involved in recipes. For instance, I believe you need it to create a maintenance hatch required in any multiblock.

Oh, yeah, I guessed I've purged that painful memory. The damn spade (shovel-looking thingy) just for this 1 recipe was especially a royal PITA.

So, when it was time to craft my 2nd one, I crafted like 10 of them to last the rest of the game, I hope.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, yeah, I guessed I've purged that painful memory. The damn spade (shovel-looking thingy) just for this 1 recipe was especially a royal PITA.

So, when it was time to craft my 2nd one, I crafted like 10 of them to last the rest of the game, I hope.
Um I can't believe this never occurred to me to do...I hate making maintenance hatches with a passion that will span the ages.

edit: btw....spade? You don't need a spade for this recipe. Some tools are the "universal" variety, but all of them are tools you have kicking around normally, with universal ones serving as alternatives.

I believe its: Screwdriver, wrench, hammer1, hammer2, wirecutter, crowbar, saw, chisel

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Re: spade
The universal tool was the one. It looked like a spade. I've only ever used it for this 1 recipe. I couldn't get the easier version to work for some reason.

And, yeah, the maintenance hatch is perhaps the ultimate example of Greg's "stare at crafting table until you go blind" OCD.

On the bright side, AE2 seems to pickup the correct (and damaged/used) GT tool from its storage when I'm crafting in the AE2 crafting terminal.

But, AE2 still doesn't pickup the LV, MV, HV, etc.-specific parts like the Machine Hulls, motors, pumps, and pistons. And, it doesn't stack them a lot of the time. I'll have 3 stacks LV motors, for instance. I guess there's tons of NBT meta data that prevents stacking.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I find that RC tank valves/tank/gauge blocks don't stack with new ones if you place and break them. Weird. Is AE2 fairly easy to get into if you've got a constant supply of EU? I find inventory management is taking up all my time again, plus, I've been really craving auto-crafting for the pumps, wires, motors, and other pieces that Greg makes you craft a thousand times. It's a shame they don't stack though, That's a pretty big deal once you get into crafting automation. AE2 should be recognizing these items as ingredients for recipes if they aren't placed/picked up, no? If I were to try and auto-craft a pump, I could, right?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, I find that RC tank valves/tank/gauge blocks don't stack with new ones if you place and break them. Weird. Is AE2 fairly easy to get into if you've got a constant supply of EU? I find inventory management is taking up all my time again, plus, I've been really craving auto-crafting for the pumps, wires, motors, and other pieces that Greg makes you craft a thousand times. It's a shame they don't stack though, That's a pretty big deal once you get into crafting automation. AE2 should be recognizing these items as ingredients for recipes if they aren't placed/picked up, no? If I were to try and auto-craft a pump, I could, right?
AE2 only does "Ok" at autocraft GT stuff. Its a bit hit-or-miss. I'm not sure if its connected with the stacking issue or not.

For early-game autocrafting, I use the forestry worktable. It stores 9 recipes, and so long as its stocked, will create those items properly. I typically have a room with a bunch of these tables in it, but keeping them stocked isn't super simple (since you can't spread meager resources around everywhere).

Last edited:
Reactions: zBob and Grove

Kamilczak020

Jul 29, 2019
I found out that comparators work somehow different than the regular vanilla ones, but failed to find any documentation on that.
Basically, i have encountered 2 problems with them so far, both on single and multiplayer:
1. When attached to a block with an item frame, comparator never gives redstone signal, no matter what the rotation of the item in an item frame (in despair I tried in both comparator modes)
2. When attached to a hopper, it somehow doesn't capture single items going through the hopper. It lit up only when the hopper had 2 items in it or wasn't attached to an inventory so the single item stayed for a longer period of time. This one was tested just on multiplayer, so it might have been a server issue. For those who think that it was just minecraft not updating the comparator and still working properly - it was not. When I attached it further to a dispenser it still acted the same.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I never had problems with not stacking RC Tank parts, but that means they store some NBT tags to save some data.

GT does often store data for disassembling or cover atached to pipes/wires. That is the problem AE2 has with GT. When programming Pattern using GT parts, only use parts that were build with autocrafting. Parts crafted by hand often have different NBT and AE can't identify them as usable.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I never had problems with not stacking RC Tank parts, but that means they store some NBT tags to save some data.

GT does often store data for disassembling or cover atached to pipes/wires. That is the problem AE2 has with GT. When programming Pattern using GT parts, only use parts that were build with autocrafting. Parts crafted by hand often have different NBT and AE can't identify them as usable.
Good tip, thanks

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
But, AE2 still doesn't pickup the LV, MV, HV, etc.-specific parts like the Machine Hulls, motors, pumps, and pistons. And, it doesn't stack them a lot of the time. I'll have 3 stacks LV motors, for instance. I guess there's tons of NBT meta data that prevents stacking.

The thing is, all GT items (and blocks) have detailed NBT data listing all the items they were made with, recursively. This is how the disassembler is implemented: it gives you back the exact ingredients. I don't know why that is required, maybe there's some dupe bugs involved if a "canonical" recipe is selected. Not sure right now how it behaves with parts made in machines, but maybe you crafted some of these motors with magnetic rods from the polarizer, and some crafted with redstone, etc.

EDIT: ninja'd

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
GT items crafted by machines have no NBT and can't be disassembled.

What do you mean "crafted by machine ?"

Do you mean:

A) GT gear crafted in Extruder using gear mold vs. 4 plates + 4 rods 3x3 recipe ?

-- or --

B) 3x3 crafted in AE2 vs. crafted by the player ?

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, is there any info on how much voltage and energy the Multi-Smelter uses per operation? Is it constant or does it vary? I want to avoid running out of power and losing my smelting items.

In other news, I discovered the GT covers, especially the redstone control cover, which is amazing for controlling multiblocks. Yay :)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how much power it is, but it's very low power. Indeed, I believe it's the most power-efficient way to smelt stuff in GT.

It's the complete opposite end of the spectrum than the EBF.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, is there any info on how much voltage and energy the Multi-Smelter uses per operation? Is it constant or does it vary? I want to avoid running out of power and losing my smelting items.

In other news, I discovered the GT covers, especially the redstone control cover, which is amazing for controlling multiblocks. Yay :)
The voltage is depending on the used Energy Hatch/es. It can be overclocked that way like every other Multiblock (4xVoltage, 2x Speed) I never tested the actual EU/t it uses or how many ticks a process takes. But when smelting 18 Items in an LV Multismelter at a time, it should be much much more efficient then a singleblock E-Furnace.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Not that I could smelt 18 items at a time right now, need to get my hands on those Nichrome ingots first.

BTW, does anyone understand Greg's reasoning why the cables' bounding boxes are full blocks?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Umm...because they've always been ?

Forge Multi-Part (FMP), Immibis, and other mod's "many parts in 1 block" solutions are much newer than GT.

Also, GT does have a few things that fit in the same block : You can put covers/shutters/pumps/etc.,. on GT cables and wires.