[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not asking for multiparts, I'm just asking for the ability to right-click the machine behind the cable through the empty air next to the cable :)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The code behind the GT cover system does not work with blocks changing size. Greg whould have to rewrite his whole code behind this so he does not want to change that for now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, is there any info on how much voltage and energy the Multi-Smelter uses per operation? Is it constant or does it vary? I want to avoid running out of power and losing my smelting items.

In other news, I discovered the GT covers, especially the redstone control cover, which is amazing for controlling multiblocks. Yay :)
No matter what happens, you always have the option of soft-hammering your machine to turn it off. You can resume operations once your power situation is resolved and won't lose your smelting items.

Can you elaborate more on what you're doing with GT covers to control your multiblocks? I'm interested in this.

BTW, does anyone understand Greg's reasoning why the cables' bounding boxes are full blocks?
Last time I asked about this (like, uh, a week ago) he said something about realism and futureproofing.

It was basically a BS way of saying its too much work and uninteresting to him (which answer I would have respected a bit more).

Reactions: Grove

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I 2nd this. You'll need a decent amount of rubber for the electrical age, and golems auto-farming rubber trees gives you wood, rubber, and sticky stuff for misc. things like torches. At some point, you'll have (an upgraded) JABBA barrel full of sticky resin and will be set for the rest of the game.

The only trick with rubber trees is occasionally a tree will grow with leaves at ground level, which prevents the chop golem from chopping it and possibly getting to other trees to chop. Keep tabs on your golem tree farm every few hours just to make sure there's no ground-level trees gumming up the works. If you're especially enterprising, you can elevate the tree dirt 1 block higher than the surrounding terrain. However, this will greatly cut down on your surface area efficiency, which means you may need more chop golems to produce the same amount of wood.

I also found that rubber bars were a pretty good source of Instrumentum from Thaumcraft, its how im repairing my dark picks after using them in the Arcane Bore.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
While coke ovens are cheap (no fuel cost) to convert wood into charcoal, you'll have to spam lots to convert fast enough

Ive got 20 Coking ovens and they produce more than enough to handle a single full-sized LP boiler (36 blocks)
In addition, ive done some testing and it seems that i could ALSO run a single liquid fueled boiler on creosote from that same setup. (i have one but its canned for now because i dont need the steam output.)

@Gamejet did the math for the charcoal, saying something about 18-point-something coke ovens for a single full LP boiler, but i believe his math for creosote, based on the results of my 27 block LP liquid boiler was off by a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
No matter what happens, you always have the option of soft-hammering your machine to turn it off. You can resume operations once your power situation is resolved and won't lose your smelting items.
Yes, once I realize it happens...

Can you elaborate more on what you're doing with GT covers to control your multiblocks? I'm interested in this.
Well, I was thinking of turning the boiler on and off by Redstone depending on demand.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was thinking of turning the boiler on and off by Redstone depending on demand.

Hmm that would be handy. Could use a bc logic gate with a pipe to say 'if tank is less half full, turn on boiler' that could be very handy and efficient :D

Sent from my iPhone

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmm that would be handy. Could use a bc logic gate with a pipe to say 'if tank is less half full, turn on boiler' that could be very handy and efficient :D
Sent from my iPhone

This can already be done w/o the redstone covers honestly. I think I was hoping you could do this without BC games somehow, since I believe they require a tiny bit of HV stuff.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
This can already be done w/o the redstone covers honestly. I think I was hoping you could do this without BC games somehow, since I believe they require a tiny bit of HV stuff.

HV for build craft gates? Damn that's harsh.

I'm still in LV although I've been exploring thaumcraft for the first time. I'm actually enjoying the challenge. I've got a infusion alter and a golem tree farm making charcoal.

Next up is the arcane bore, people say it works very well but I've never even seen one before let alone know how it works...

Sent from my iPhone

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
HV for build craft gates? Damn that's harsh.

I'm still in LV although I've been exploring thaumcraft for the first time. I'm actually enjoying the challenge. I've got a infusion alter and a golem tree farm making charcoal.

Next up is the arcane bore, people say it works very well but I've never even seen one before let alone know how it works...
Sent from my iPhone

Don't quote me on the HV requirement but I'm reasonably certain. Maybe for diamond plates used in the assembling table, I forget.

For the arcane bore, yeah, its an almost-ideal solution to mining in this pack. If it was super easy to find the dead-center of a given vein, I could argue in favour of some other toys, but usually the bore requires the least digging around to set up.

I set one up a few days ago, so if I can do it, anyone can :)

Reactions: Grove

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I made an Arcane Bore and OH MAN did I ever make a lot of taint. I have a bunch of heads in uniform pattern around the Infusion Table but I think I lost a diamond pick in the process and mid infusion I had to craft a new one. Was so bad! I ended up successful but there was some clean up to do. Make sure you have enough stability!

Also, the arcane bore sort of requires (but not really, more secondary requirement) a really good enchanted pick and enchanted excavation rune to really make it sing. This enchanting with the infusion table will require a bunch of essentia and time, so be aware of that going into the arcane bore. You'll also need a good supply of Perditio essentia placed next to the bore as "fuel" when it's running.

I have so much Thaumcraft work to do....

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I made an Arcane Bore and OH MAN did I ever make a lot of taint. I have a bunch of heads in uniform pattern around the Infusion Table but I think I lost a diamond pick in the process and mid infusion I had to craft a new one. Was so bad! I ended up successful but there was some clean up to do. Make sure you have enough stability!

Also, the arcane bore sort of requires (but not really, more secondary requirement) a really good enchanted pick and enchanted excavation rune to really make it sing. This enchanting with the infusion table will require a bunch of essentia and time, so be aware of that going into the arcane bore. You'll also need a good supply of Perditio essentia placed next to the bore as "fuel" when it's running.

I have so much Thaumcraft work to do....
i always double check the requirements to make sure I've got everything :) ive got a number of different heads around the alter but is there anything other than heads which can help stability?

Any idea of a good supply of perditio?

I've only just got into thaumcraft but I've goto say that I think I'm doing quite well, infusion alter, golems and now I'm able to capture a node in a bottle but not tried it yet. I've come across so many good nodes and had to put waypoints near them for later

Sent from my iPhone

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
i always double check the requirements to make sure I've got everything :) ive got a number of different heads around the alter but is there anything other than heads which can help stability?

Crystal clusters and candles.

Any idea of a good supply of perditio?

Cobblestone. And BTW, the perditio is not REQUIRED, it just makes it go faster if I understand correctly.

ETA: Dark steel (EIO) picks are nice in the bore 'cause they're easy to make and repair and have a high durability. Don't bother empowering it though, the bore ignores the charge and just damages the pick like normal. (Honestly it would be OP otherwise, but I had hopes....)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is curious, here are pictures of my base. It's not my entire base, just the non-obvious bits. Not pictured is my AE2 system and my manual/semi-automated GT and eIO machines, which still comprise the bulk of my machines. Also not pictured are some Thaumcraft areas/rooms, but those are pretty standard.

My biggest single accomplishment so far, IMHO, is the sapling. I used base Forestry tree breeding for the species and Binnie's to isolate and combine the traits into pollen, which I then used, Forestry-style, to get the final sapling. That sapling is the key to my steam production and hence my power. I haven't found a Plutonium vein, strangely enough.

Right now, I'm trying to get as many of my machines as automated as possible, which is challenge with AE2's channel limits while also making it look neat/clean. eIO has some AE2 conduits, but you can't attach buses directly to them, so they aren't that tidy for interfacing with machines. Hence, I use eIO conduits almost exclusively for machine interfacing automation, then interface between eIO and AE2 via iron chests. If I run out of eIO colors, I'll have to split my eIO cables to re-use colors.

Last edited:

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a single player world? Man it must've taken forever to accumulate all the resources for all that stuff. What is the big thing somewhere in the middle of all the pictures where it looks like a bunch of rotors and something yellow? Looks like it might be able to spin.
If anyone is curious, here are pictures of my base. It's not my entire base, just the non-obvious bits. Not pictured is my AE2 system and my manual/semi-automated GT and eIO machines, which still comprise the bulk of my machines. Also not pictured are some Thaumcraft areas/rooms, but those are pretty standard.

My biggest single accomplishment so far, IMHO, is the sapling. I used base Forestry tree breeding for the species and Binnie's to isolate and combine the traits into pollen, which I then used, Forestry-style, to get the final sapling. That sapling is the key to my steam production and hence my power. I haven't found a Plutonium vein, strangely enough.

Right now, I'm trying to get as many of my machines as automated as possible, which is challenge with AE2's channel limits while also making it look neat/clean. eIO has some AE2 conduits, but you can't attach buses directly to them, so they aren't that tidy for interfacing with machines. Hence, I use eIO conduits almost exclusively for machine interfacing automation, then interface between eIO and AE2 via iron chests. If I run out of eIO colors, I'll have to split my eIO cables to re-use colors.

Mafasu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i just updated to the new 2.0.4 pack if your running a server the Dynamic Lights-1.7.10 will have to be disabled its client side only other wise the server wont start

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a single player world? Man it must've taken forever to accumulate all the resources for all that stuff. What is the big thing somewhere in the middle of all the pictures where it looks like a bunch of rotors and something yellow? Looks like it might be able to spin.

What @Tyriael_Soban said. We've been playing this world for over a month now and I've been on the longest.

What you're seeing in the foreground of this picture is a BigReactors Steam Turbine. It's the most efficient way I know in this pack to convert steam to RF.