[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i just updated to the new 2.0.4 pack if your running a server the Dynamic Lights-1.7.10 will have to be disabled its client side only other wise the server wont start
What? I remember that I have removed it from the server mod folder :(

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update - v2.0.4 - Chemistry and StarGates
Updated Mods:
- AsieLib to 0.3.5
- BoP to 2.1.0.1034
- Buildcraft to 6.2.6
- CoFH Core to 3.0.0B9-40
- EnderIO to 2.2.4.307_beta
- ExtraCells to 2.1.23b26
- IHL Tools and Machines to 0.522
- IC2 to 2.2.657
- Malisis Core to 0.10.3
- Malisis Doors to 1.3.2
- Minechem to 5.0.5.332
- NEI to 1.0.3.76
- OpenComputers to 1.4.2.16
- OpenEye to 0.6-141
- ThaumicEnergistics to 0.8.7.1b
- ttCore to 0.1.0-48
- Waila to 1.5.6a
- WailaPlugins to 0.0.1-10
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.0.4

Config Changes:
- 1x Blaze Rod = 1x Blaze Powder
- 1x Blaze Rod + Mortar = 2x Blaze Powder

Fixes:
- Dynamism Tablet crash

Currently unable to update Forestry to latest version, since it crashes with latest Thaumic Tinkerer. Fix for TT is not available because TT dev has been moved to latest Thaumcraft (Beta). So in short, waiting for Thaumcraft public update

2.0.3 - Not released

Updated Mods:
- Automagy to 0.16
- Buildcraft to 6.2.4
- EnderIO to 2.2.2.302
- EnderZoo to 1.0.7.17
- ExtraCells to 2.1.21b24
- GalacticGreg to 0.5
- Galacticraft to 3.0.6.246
- IC2 to 2.2.656
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.2.84
- MrCrayfish Furniture to 3.4.7
- NEI Integration to 1.0.3
- NEI to 1.0.3.73
- Pam's Harvescraft to 1.7.10d
- PFAA to 0.2.22
- ProjectRed to 4.5.8.59
- Thaumic Tinkerer to 2.5-424
- ttCore to 0.1.0-47
- WailaPlugins to 0.0.1-9
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.0.3

New mods:
- Chisel Facades
- Minechem
- OpenBlocks
- OpenMods lib
- Greg's SGCraft
- Dynamic Lights
- MultiMine

Config Changes:
- Activated BloodMoon feature (chance 2%)
- Updated GT OreGen book (finally); added info about oregen on Moon/Mars/Asteroids

Mafasu

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it's there. Nice pack though getting a kick out of 1 of my players rage quitting every second day because something blew up

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it's there. Nice pack though getting a kick out of 1 of my players rage quitting every second day because something blew up
:D Glad you are enjoying it. And thanks for letting me know about the DynamicLights. Sending the fixed version to the FTB with an "URGENT" tag. So hopefully it will be fixed quick :)

Borisigor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just wanted to say that my Fiance and I have been playing this pack and loving it! Only had some problems but I feel like that is because we added optifine. We just can't run it that well without. We tried fastcraft with little to no effect. If you have any tips to running a lag free server please let me know. The server is only for 2 people.(unless someone wants to join us.) Anyway, Thanks again for making such a wonderful Gregtech focused modpack. (way too rare)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I just wanted to say that my Fiance and I have been playing this pack and loving it! Only had some problems but I feel like that is because we added optifine. We just can't run it that well without. We tried fastcraft with little to no effect. If you have any tips to running a lag free server please let me know. The server is only for 2 people.(unless someone wants to join us.) Anyway, Thanks again for making such a wonderful Gregtech focused modpack. (way too rare)

Server:
What are the server specs? How much RAM you allocated to the server? Are you using any extra JAVA arguments in the server startup script?

Client:
Pretty much the same questions :) just replace "server" with "client" in the questions

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
found a bug:
putting a nickel ingot into an EnderIO alloy smelter will give you 9+1 nuggets.
so you can get infinite nickel with minor energy cost.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
found a bug:
putting a nickel ingot into an EnderIO alloy smelter will give you 9+1 nuggets.
so you can get infinite nickel with minor energy cost.
Is this in latest (v2.0.4)? Or earlier?
You can try to delete from config/enderio folder AlloySmelterRecipes_Core.xml (DO NOT DELETE THE AlloySmelterRecipes_User.xml), this helped me when that occured.

Will try to reach with Mr. @CrazyPants for his input on this problem. Problem is that its not easily recreatable :(
if anyone else will encounter it, please let me know.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can anyone give me an idea of what we'll be able to do in Infitech2 with MineChem?

I get that you can tear things apart and reassemble them, but what does that actually mean? Can I tear apart torches and make an iridium plate? (obviously not but i'm curious what we can do)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
You can make drugs - thats the main thing :D
And also you can synthesize something. In short you can decompose dirt and synthesize it into something bit more usefull.

edit: oh and I think you can create nether stars, but i might be wrong. If it is true it is flippin hell expensive on mats, energy and time.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also it doesnt have full GT support, so you cant make few GT ore dusts.

It is "realistic" so there should be no exploits. If they will be found i will be killing them :)

Last edited:

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Updated to 2.0.4, seems to work nice! (I like the lighting with torch in my hand.)

Just a minor nit, what is the mod/config option that lets you stop breaking a block, and it will keep the "half-cracked" state? It is nice in theory, but it seems to cause small timing changes with very fast tools like the drill, which makes it feel wrong.

Owghard

Jul 29, 2019
Update to 2.0.4 for me don't work.

I got error in console

[19:17:10] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[19:17:10] [Server thread/WARN] [EnderIO]: Failed to write Transciever Channels on exit: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
[19:17:10] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state POSTINITIALIZATION and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[19:17:10] [Thread-18/INFO] [STDOUT]: [com.voxio.yampst.common.StatsManager$ShutdownThread:run:56]: [YAMPST] Shutdown detected, commencing statistics dump

full version fml-server-latest.log
http://www.filedropper.com/fml-server-latest

Can anyone help me with this error or I have to stay in 2.0.1 ?

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
In Journeymap, if I import my mp folder over or just the contents with ll my saved waypoints and such...I get spammed in the console. Also, sometimes journeymap names the folder with all my waypoints for Grove's server to a *_.old folder.

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
Is this in latest (v2.0.4)? Or earlier?
You can try to delete from config/enderio folder AlloySmelterRecipes_Core.xml (DO NOT DELETE THE AlloySmelterRecipes_User.xml), this helped me when that occured.

Will try to reach with Mr. @CrazyPants for his input on this problem. Problem is that its not easily recreatable :(
if anyone else will encounter it, please let me know.
just in the latest version

also: could you please add mousetweaks? :)

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Just a minor nit, what is the mod/config option that lets you stop breaking a block, and it will keep the "half-cracked" state? It is nice in theory, but it seems to cause small timing changes with very fast tools like the drill, which makes it feel wrong.

Found it, it's MultiMine. Disabled now.

Borisigor

Jul 29, 2019
Server:
What are the server specs? How much RAM you allocated to the server? Are you using any extra JAVA arguments in the server startup script?

Client:
Pretty much the same questions :) just replace "server" with "client" in the questions
The server computer that is running the server is using whatever came with the pack. I think it says 3072m. the computer itself only has 4 gigs of ram. A i3-2120 3.30 Ghz dual core. It doesn't do anything else other than run the server. And the computer that actually plays minecraft has 16 gigs of ram, a Phenom II x6 1045T 6core aat 2.70 Ghz. No java arguments. I don't really know how they work, but if they help I would love to learn about them.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I wasn't expecting that playing this pack will be so fun :) Thanks to slower game pace that GT introduced I finally have a chance to fiddle with all the mods that I was usually skipping because they required too much effort (e.g. thaumcraft) and I really love it. I've got several new questions, though.

1. I explored many chunks but haven't found any regular redstone ore veins yet. How big are they ? Are they so hard to spot or am I just unlucky ? I've got 3 stacks of steel, but all I managed to create were LV steam turbine and bending machine because I can't make electric motors NAND chips due to lack of redstone *sigh*

2. I tried to enable binnie's mods, but, even with the latest pack update, the game crashes short after launch , so I still have it disabled. Do I miss some important stuff ? I was going to do some bee and tree breeding after I solve that redstone issue and I don't know if lack of this mod will be a problem.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
To be honest, I wasn't expecting that playing this pack will be so fun :) Thanks to slower game pace that GT introduced I finally have a chance to fiddle with all the mods that I was usually skipping because they required too much effort (e.g. thaumcraft) and I really love it. I've got several new questions, though.

This is one of my big reasons for loving this pack too :)

1. I explored many chunks but haven't found any regular redstone ore veins yet. How big are they ? Are they so hard to spot or am I just unlucky ? I've got 3 stacks of steel, but all I managed to create were LV steam turbine and bending machine because I can't make electric motors NAND chips due to lack of redstone *sigh*
It actually sounds like you're doing really well already.

Redstone veins are fairly rare but still big like other veins. I spent hours looking for one in the current world (although I got lucky and found some right away in another world)

Sometimes you just really luck out, sometimes you don't. Persist in your search however and you'll find it.

2. I tried to enable binnie's mods, but, even with the latest pack update, the game crashes short after launch , so I still have it disabled. Do I miss some important stuff ? I was going to do some bee and tree breeding after I solve that redstone issue and I don't know if lack of this mod will be a problem.
@MigukNamja's the expert on bees and trees in Infitech. Miguk can you comment on this?

Reactions: Azkeel

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
The server computer that is running the server is using whatever came with the pack. I think it says 3072m. the computer itself only has 4 gigs of ram. A i3-2120 3.30 Ghz dual core. It doesn't do anything else other than run the server. And the computer that actually plays minecraft has 16 gigs of ram, a Phenom II x6 1045T 6core aat 2.70 Ghz. No java arguments. I don't really know how they work, but if they help I would love to learn about them.

@MigukNamja may be able to help with this, he runs the server that 3 of us, including himself play on.
He might be able to give you a hand with java args :)

@Pyure - if im not mistaken, the binnies with 2.0.2 is an RF API and crashes when started?
binnies will result in a crash, consult @Gamejet for an MJ API version of binnies for pre-RF versions of the pack! :)