[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
For a reference pointer: A 20 coke oven run system produces more than enough Charcoal to run a 36 solid LP boiler (running a hp on charcoal is a tad masochistic imo) and so far ive also managed to run a 27 LP liquid boiler from that same coke oven setup, im making way more of both fuels than i need.

Tree harvesting?
Go the thaumcraft route, its practically maintenance free.
make sure to set your coke oven input pipe to "round robin" mode, it will keep them all working and a barrel to buffer your logs will help keep everything stocked up if you experience a sudden surge in requirements - in early game rubber trees are the best, this way you will also have something cheap to make torches with.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just spent 4 stacks of steel and 3 hours making almost all of the LV GT Machines. Congratulate me!
That's a lot of LV GT machines!
Congrats :)

ever tried to get flint and steel?
you need steel nuggets and those are only craftable with RC steel
Flint and steel is definitely not as simple as vanilla :)

You can also find steel easily in chests however if you want to jump ahead.

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
you got me wrong. you need RC steel to get those nuggets. but there is only GT steel.
right now i got some stacks of steel but cant get a firestarter for my nether portal. ended up using a woodblock ignited by lava in my portalframe...
also cant find any pneumaticraft nether seeds... did you find some? are they just well hidden?

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
you got me wrong. you need RC steel to get those nuggets. but there is only GT steel.
Not sure what you are running into here, but I've had no problems making a flint and steel from GT steel. The NEI recipe shows a GT steel nugget. Pack version is 2.0.2.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay , just to let you know: https://github.com/ForestryMC/ForestryMC/issues/363
This likely fixes the issue you brought earlier on the gregtech thread.
Awesome. Thanks, I would report it on the Forestry by myself, but as i am seeing more and more devs saying: "You have GT, thats a problem", i rather go first on the GT with just a question :D
right now i got some stacks of steel but cant get a firestarter for my nether portal. ended up using a woodblock ignited by lava in my portalframe...
also cant find any pneumaticraft nether seeds... did you find some? are they just well hidden?
Most of the basics should be working perfectly in the latest versions. If you are having troubles (but noone else is having them), make a backup and redownload the pack. If you will still have a trouble with something, don't hesitate and report it on the Issue tracker. I am checking it daily, and in most cases, when it comes to recipes or something that can be done via configs, I have a fix ready in the next version.

And now for some extra info about the future updates of InfiTech:
I will be doing "last" bigger update of the pack with quite a few new mods. No ETA, because I want to push all at once, so it needs bit testing. Then it will be just a bug fixes and mod updates. My focus is currently more on my second modpack.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And now for some extra info about the future updates of InfiTech:
I will be doing "last" bigger update of the pack with quite a few new mods. No ETA, because I want to push all at once, so it needs bit testing. Then it will be just a bug fixes and mod updates. My focus is currently more on my second modpack.
Jason if there's any particular mods or mechanics you need testing, let me know if I can help save you time.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Binnie's Mod got removed some versions ago. It's currently a bit broken and in combination with GregTech it results in extreme loading times.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so... what's the most material-saving way to power the EBF coming from the LV era? I tried a setup CESU->GT LV transformer->GT battery buffer with 4 LV batteries->2 energy hatches at the EBF. This did not work (starts working and stops after a few seconds). The EBF is completely fixed (with duct tape).

I thought that the battery buffer emits 32 EU/t-packets x number of batteries, so it should come out to 128 EU/t which is enough.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason if there's any particular mods or mechanics you need testing, let me know if I can help save you time.

same for me. already did a bunch of private modpacks but figured out, its too much work fr one person ;)
Thanks to both of you. More than testing stuff is putting it together, recipe changes for some new mods, and trying to get few Forestry fixes in, before they are actually released in stable version. Also I would love to get ExtrabiomesXL updated to release stable version without breaking current worlds.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so... what's the most material-saving way to power the EBF coming from the LV era? I tried a setup CESU->GT LV transformer->GT battery buffer with 4 LV batteries->2 energy hatches at the EBF. This did not work (starts working and stops after a few seconds). The EBF is completely fixed (with duct tape).

I thought that the battery buffer emits 32 EU/t-packets x number of batteries, so it should come out to 128 EU/t which is enough.
I might be mistaken but one battery buffer will always emit the same EU/t no matter how many batteries are in. So LV Buffer will emit 32EU. Number of batteries = amperage.
So for 128EU/t-p you need to have 4 LV Buffers connected in parallel

Reactions: Grove

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I might be mistaken but one battery buffer will always emit the same EU/t no matter how many batteries are in. So LV Buffer will emit 32EU. Number of batteries = amperage.
So for 128EU/t-p you need to have 4 LV Buffers connected in parallel
Well, if it means anything like in real life, double amperage means double current and at the same voltage, double power. Otherwise it would make no sense to connect two turbines (voltage 32, amperage 2) instead of one (voltage 32, amperage 1).

By the way, thanks for all your work in this modpack. It's very enjoyable, and the non-GT mods are well integrated (recipes don't feel too cheap compared to the GT ones).

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
OK, got it to work with two LV battery buffers (with two batteries each) directly connected to energy hatches. I suppose the cable losses are more than I reckoned with, and reduced the 128 EU/t to less than 120 EU/t (the recipe requirement).

Is there anything like the EU-meter from IC2 for GT wires?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019

I will try to explain it as exact as possible. First, yes 4 Amp at 32V output 128EU/t. But beause of internal loss, die batteries empty with 4x34EU/t (136EU/t) .

Adding in the loss of the transformer and some cables, the batterybuffer can't be supplied by a single CESU, but producing 1-2 aluminium at a time should be fine.

But as you said, the EBF has no maintainance problems left and the recipes only need 120EU/t, 128 can still be supplied as long the LV batterybuffer has Energy left. But 4 Amp over Tin cables mean 4EU/t loss per cable the energy has to travel. so 2 cables are enough and it will not work anymore. Because of it being so close to the limit every tutorial about the EBF says to use at last 3 Energy hatches and an 9x LV battery buffer with 6 Batterys. That should be able to supply 192EU/t and even with maintainance problems supply should be enough.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Kamilczak020

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
I've recently came across quite a difficult problem. I tried using the steam turbines to power the vacuum freezer / blast furnace (as they take all the power of the steam turbines) and I wasn't able to supply enough steam to have the turbo steam turbines constantly going (even using the biggest tungstensteel pipes with shutters to prevent the steam from hopping around the pipes). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Ever calculated how much a Turbo Steam turbine uses?

512EU/t output. +8EU/t internal loss, 2Steam = 1 EU/t, Efficency = 40% results in a usage of 2600L (or mB) Steam per tick. A huge Tungstensteel pipe can only transfer 48.000L/sec, the turbine needs 52.000L/sec.

Reactions: Grove