[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I dont see much of a difference tbh, in the load times, i can wait 5 mins - i'm not getting 10 min long load times, and its not like my computer is all singing all dancing here either.
I'd punch inventory tweaks in the taint first...
With regards to EXBL, im sure if people take a good enough record of their progress, screenshots, written records, text documents etc. that if it really mattered, you can cheat the stuff back in after a world reset which is exactly what i did after i did a dumb with BoP, which is still making great swathes of mushroom frigging island with the worldgen set on disabled, its just a shame we need that for gem unification ...

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
Magic mirrors have some sort of duplication glitch. Twice now, the darn thing ended up spitting out a ton of stuff. Which the 2nd time it happened, has caused in consequence massive lag because there ends up being a ton of stuff on the floor. Do you know what it apparently had ended up duplicating the 2nd time? Iron ingots. From TWO ingots of iron tossed into a mirror, I end up with 20+ stacks of freaking iron!

Just actually went mining for stuff. (Like straight out mining, gotta get those veins, this is happening, stuff and supplies are needed.) HOLY CRAP, it's soul wrenching. How could anyone take such a mundane task of Minecraft, and make it into this... ungodly never-ending task? When it came to mining, it wasn't complicated. You went digging, you find ores, you get ores, you dig out all the ores, and you're done.

But the ores... they never stop! There's just more and more! OCD compels you to keep digging, and you pray internally for the ores to stop, but there doesn't seem to be an end. If it ends up becoming this... thing for each of the categories of ore, I might just lose my mind.

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft has updated to 6.1 and is now fully supporting RF power
Logisticpipes updated and are fully supporting RF power
PneumaticCraft updated and have a way of using RF power for generating pressure
I'm a bit worried about RF power taking over everything, at first i liked it because of uniformed power standard is good... but if that standard is stupid there is a problem.
Now i'm not so invested in RF power but it seems really simple, too simple, i like the way GTEU power works and using RF feels like cheating (maybe because i was cheating it in, in creative lol) i mean RF power has no amps right?... no I NEED AMPS, love amps :(

You have any idea what is going to happen? it would be great if i could convert everything into GTEU (the way i like it) but why should i when RF power can run one billion RF in a single copper wire or something... just 3 different wires (from EIO) if RF had amps like GTEU things would be different tho... (plz tell me if they do) there are probably more differences than amps or not (like voltage loss per amp/meter)...... RF just seems so ... simple :S

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
It is generally a good practice to keep EU and RF separated (aka no EnetBridge).
Or at least ban any kind of RF transmission (even IC² wires - need more minetweaking, but possible) and use solely GT cables.

Thus you would have to use IC² blocks (aka transformers) to bridge between RF -> IC2 -> GT and GT -> IC² -> RF , while solely transferring power via GT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Magic mirrors have some sort of duplication glitch. Twice now, the darn thing ended up spitting out a ton of stuff. Which the 2nd time it happened, has caused in consequence massive lag because there ends up being a ton of stuff on the floor. Do you know what it apparently had ended up duplicating the 2nd time? Iron ingots. From TWO ingots of iron tossed into a mirror, I end up with 20+ stacks of freaking iron!
It is generally a good practice to keep EU and RF separated (aka no EnetBridge).
Or at least ban any kind of RF transmission (even IC² wires - need more minetweaking, but possible) and use solely GT cables.

Thus you would have to use IC² blocks (aka transformers) to bridge between RF -> IC2 -> GT and GT -> IC² -> RF , while solely transferring power via GT.
But the GT transformers depend on amps, does the IC2 transformers do this? RF is always 1 AMP or 0 AMP i guess so: binary or analog electrical system? ... RF doesn't transfer to anything else btw, RF-> IC2 didn't work in my creative playtesting and for somebody else testing as well.

Like i said in an earlier post, anything converted into RF gets stuck as RF unless you indirectly convert blocks or items into power (in my case at least v1.1.6 and maybe v1.1.9).

My solution currently is just not to use RF generators at all as there is no easy way to covert RF into other power sources, i just hope GT5 and IC2 generators will do the job.... big reactors sounds awesome but it is RF right? hmmmm sad :(

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit worried about RF power taking over everything, at first i liked it because of uniformed power standard is good... but if that standard is stupid there is a problem.
Now i'm not so invested in RF power but it seems really simple, too simple, i like the way GTEU power works and using RF feels like cheating (maybe because i was cheating it in, in creative lol) i mean RF power has no amps right?... no I NEED AMPS, love amps :(

You have any idea what is going to happen? it would be great if i could convert everything into GTEU (the way i like it) but why should i when RF power can run one billion RF in a single copper wire or something... just 3 different wires (from EIO) if RF had amps like GTEU things would be different tho... (plz tell me if they do) there are probably more differences than amps or not (like voltage loss per amp/meter)...... RF just seems so ... simple :S

I've never liked RF, thermal expansion just seems too much like IC2 but easier - with much more emphasis and dependance on BC quarries to cut massive holes in the landscape so you can find what youre looking for, i never liked those ugly, bare, holes in the ground ... and even when i covered them up, i still knew that they were there - and it just seems that decisions like the ones made by FTB earlier this year have favored TE & RF more and more.

Anyway, im rambling, no, they dont have amps/packets ... and they dont have power loss either, i dont think theyve had power loss since 1.4.7 - not even BC has power loss anymore.
Honestly, every time i play an RF centric mod i want to puke a little - mainly because i feel like im being forced to use things that a toddler playing vanilla could understand how to set up.

Reactions: SpwnX and Tsuko

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just cuz this came up earlier: you can power an EBF with TWO energy hatches and a pair of 4x battery buffers. I didn't try just 1 energy hatch; I'm guessing it would fail because I'm guessing the hatches only accept 2x32A.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason the poll removed the third option. Here is the new link with all 3 options:
http://strawpoll.me/2921042

The load time is short enough that it isn't overwhelming so i'm for watch and wait approach, maybe the problem gets fixed eventually?

If there could be a warning in the console about incoming loading times would help, so people don't think the game crashed or something, unless i missed this warning, i don't read it anymore heh :p

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Just cuz this came up earlier: you can power an EBF with TWO energy hatches and a pair of 4x battery buffers. I didn't try just 1 energy hatch; I'm guessing it would fail because I'm guessing the hatches only accept 2x32A.
The wiki says that its still 32x2A for an LV energy hatch, so id expect it to blow up personally.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Machines does not blow up from "overamperage", in fact, they just ignore and will only pull 2A from the network (3A for the thermal centrifuge) , regardless of how many is available.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Machines does not blow up from "overamperage", in fact, they just ignore and will only pull 2A from the network (3A for the thermal centrifuge) , regardless of how many is available.
Nod, as far as I can tell the only block that suffers from over-amperage is wiring. And that may be actually over-voltage too.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Running the server....it pauses and says hit enter then closes.

what's going on? I did the eula thing in the main server folder....after running the regular server jar to actually create it.

any tips on getting the server to work?

Beyond Reality Thabks modpack works just fine.

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
I've never liked RF, thermal expansion just seems too much like IC2 but easier - with much more emphasis and dependance on BC quarries to cut massive holes in the landscape so you can find what youre looking for, i never liked those ugly, bare, holes in the ground ... and even when i covered them up, i still knew that they were there - and it just seems that decisions like the ones made by FTB earlier this year have favored TE & RF more and more.

Anyway, im rambling, no, they dont have amps/packets ... and they dont have power loss either, i dont think theyve had power loss since 1.4.7 - not even BC has power loss anymore.
Honestly, every time i play an RF centric mod i want to puke a little - mainly because i feel like im being forced to use things that a toddler playing vanilla could understand how to set up.

To your first point: That is the reason why I always loved IC2 miners. They might not be the best at what they do, they might have a steep material cost to set up, but they're relatively junk-free and it's perhaps the neatest method to dig. The only noticeable effect they have on the world (from prior knowledge) is that they leave a 1x1 hole directly beneath the miner itself, which when the mining process is done, can easily be filled back up with the cobble its displaced with its mining tubes (plus, they can collect fluids too).

To the 2nd: I don't care for generic universal power; it's too... simple. Which is why I love IC2. The Battery/Energy Crystal/Lapis-Crystal energy tier system was always interesting, if not a little expensive in the long run...
Though... I'm also the kind of person who could never trust Nuclear power (or ever really got into it on my own. Did you know that the only time I ever did anything with Nuclear power on my own was with the nuclear generator simulator on the computer cube?) So I don't know what's up with me. I don't know... that sort of BS micromanaging just for a bit of energy was always stupid. I'd probably just settle for a huge field of solar panels and be done forever.

Reactions: Tsuko and Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Though... I'm also the kind of person who could never trust Nuclear power (or ever really got into it on my own. Did you know that the only time I ever did anything with Nuclear power on my own was with the nuclear generator simulator on the computer cube?) So I don't know what's up with me. I don't know... that sort of BS micromanaging just for a bit of energy was always stupid. I'd probably just settle for a huge field of solar panels and be done forever.

You dont need to micromanage nukers to get good power out of them, only the CRCS cores need microing.
Here, try this ;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TQI9AtwZ0q2ACrdvx_KQDykhwnsWNEvVxGyikogUa8o/view#gid=0

Its a list of simple reactors that dont heat up, i am aware that the planner is horribly out of date - but for the most part still works.
Complex ones at the bottom and MOX fuel cores are on a different tab.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh yeah, wires burn with over amperage and machines explode with over voltage.
GT transformers only send out 4 amps tho (except max with 4095 amps)

I'm just not sure how many amps IC2 transformers give out and stuff like that.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Wires can burn with overvoltage and overamperage. Machines will blow up with overvoltage (causing it to overamperage the wire network it is connected to, causing a chain reaction).
IC2 does not have amperage nor "voltage". Currently it is mere EU/t (and the IC2 transformers just reduce that EU/t). It is a WIP network that will be finished soon(tm).

About nuclear: the reactor planner is out of date, but indeed for nearly everything it still works.
Another note: Infitech is missing one mod, Nuclear Control 2. @Jason McRay

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Re: RF vs. EU vs. GT

My preference is likewise towards complexity vs. simplicity, but that's *only* because I've done RF to death and enjoy something more engaging. Realize we are a tiny fraction of the modded MC community, and the modded MC community is a tiny fraction of the MC player base.

RF is awesome, IMHO, exactly *because* it is so simple. It doesn't punish mistakes and it makes it very easy for MC players to get into modded MC.

Now, back to my world with lovely GT...

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Wires can burn with overvoltage and overamperage. Machines will blow up with overvoltage (causing it to overamperage the wire network it is connected to, causing a chain reaction).
IC2 does not have amperage nor "voltage". Currently it is mere EU/t (and the IC2 transformers just reduce that EU/t). It is a WIP network that will be finished soon(tm).

About nuclear: the reactor planner is out of date, but indeed for nearly everything it still works.
Another note: Infitech is missing one mod, Nuclear Control 2. @Jason McRay
NC2 is in the to-add-list for the next update.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Running the server....it pauses and says hit enter then closes.

what's going on? I did the eula thing in the main server folder....after running the regular server jar to actually create it.

any tips on getting the server to work?

Beyond Reality Thabks modpack works just fine.
1) Remove JourneyMap from the mods folder in your server folder
2) Pastebin.com the output of the console

Even car mechanic will tell you to provide as much info as possible. You can't just call the mechanic and say to him: "My car doesn't start, even when I turned the key" and expect the solution :p He needs to see the car

Reactions: Grove