[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how you guys do it but it is not working for me :(

My enderio is only friendly with itself and extra utilities it seems.

IC2 power can send power into enderio but not the other way around..

So once enderio gets hold of the energy its stuck in that system.

I tried the energy conduit against all transformers and energy storage devices of IC2 and GT5 but doesn't connect to anything.

I've been using creative mode to fiddle and figure this out... I can't get it working either. I have a Big Reactor outputting RF into Ender IO energy conduit, and it powers something like a MineFactory Reloaded machine just fine... but I cannot find any block in either IC2 or GT that will accept the Ender IO power cable. No transformer will work, I tried them all, both IC2 and GT.

So yeah as of right now I'd agree, this Enetbridge isn't working for RF->EU. If it works for EU->RF, that's a big help since I have plenty of EU but no RF power source yet. But I haven't tried it to see if it works yet.

Update: Read this post.
Q: How can it be done? Energy conduits won't connect to any EU storage blocks, like MFE, nor to any EU machines, IC or GT.
A: I think this addon only gives that ability to IC2 cables. So you can connect your RF generators to RF machines or Ic2 machines, but you must use IC2 cables.

Last edited:

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
When I watched a mod spotlight big reactors by direwolf, I found out that you can make those reactors create steam if it has coolant ports on it. So in a way, you could fairly easily make a bunch of steam through that method.

What else...

Thaumcraft is more useful then you guys think. As it turns out, there are alchemic duplication recipes for all sorts of things. For instance... you can very easily duplicate/create steel (assuming you have it first). Alloys like electrum, and soldering iron? Those can be duplicated, along with I think brass, bronze, cobalt, bismuth, lead, and silver. It gets easier if you research automated alchemy, which apparently implies that with the researched item, you can end your ways of clumsy essential balance (which almost always results in some sort of waste), and simply pump the essentia you need into a thing with a crafting GUI of sorts. Once the needed essentia is inside, you place the catalyst in it.

When I get around to making that, I'll supposedly no longer have to worry about pollution!

Food is not really that hard to get after a certain point. When I started on this world, I came across one of those Thaumcraft sinister node dungeons. And it had some food in it.

Around the point where I am now... which was just after having explored an abandoned mineshaft, and having ran (on rails) all of the treasure chest carts back to my base... well, I have a bunch of food now. A sizable portion of said comestibles are feasts, like Beef Wellingtons (at least somewhere around 2-3 stacks...), Delighted Meals (not quite as many), a bunch of burgers of various kinds, some pizzas, some sort of rice meals...

Honestly, I didn't even have any problems with food prior to getting all of these feasts anyhow. As it turns out, once you find a single apple, craft it into a core, and then plant that, the tree that sprouts will end up giving you so many apples in an automated fashion, that you could just live out your days eating apple junk.

That's not even to speak of what villages can provide. Did you know that there's a Chef Villager, who for a single emerald, could sell you a FULL STACK OF FOOD?

If there's one thing I really hate, it's going to be my unbelievably crappy/lack of storage.

The place I chose to hide out for my first night (which ended up being the place I ended up living in), was this sort of small narrow ridge, which ended up leaving me with not a lot of space to spread out, and was a small hassle for beings 'somewhat' above sea level. (I had to/chose to dig down 30 blocks to ensure that for the subsequent hollowing that followed, I wouldn't/couldn't end up opening a hole to the surface, or end up breaching a shallow pond slash lake. Thank GOD for Thaumcraft levitators. Those things made going up and down so much quicker, and much more streamlined.)

And you know what sucks? Apparently, even now, I still haven't actually done much to fix this. I've just sort of been fumbling my way through the issue of chest management. Well, now that I've gone and brought 8 chest carts full of stuff back with me, I'm apparently left with no other choice other then let the stuff sit outside in the rain...

A few remaining queries... Why are Gregtech microwaves supposedly uncraftable? I see nothing about a recipe for them on NEI.
Are Thaumium Crowbars uncraftable, by way of the fact that NEI also doesn't list a recipe for them, or is the recipe listed in the Thaumonomicon actually the recipe for them? (I ask this because while the book tells you how you can make Thaumium tools, NEI say "Nope, they're made like this.")
Lastly, for Thaumcraft, what are the prerequisites for Sanitizing Soap, and Arcane Spas? I'm pretty sure they're these two shaded icons on my Alchemy page, and I haven't the slightest clue as to how I can unlock them for my research.
2014-10-28_16.29.55.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove and Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
When I watched a mod spotlight big reactors by direwolf, I found out that you can make those reactors create steam if it has coolant ports on it. So in a way, you could fairly easily make a bunch of steam through that method.

What else...

Thaumcraft is more useful then you guys think. As it turns out, there are alchemic duplication recipes for all sorts of things. For instance... you can very easily duplicate/create steel (assuming you have it first). Alloys like electrum, and soldering iron? Those can be duplicated, along with I think brass, bronze, cobalt, bismuth, lead, and silver. It gets easier if you research automated alchemy, which apparently implies that with the researched item, you can end your ways of clumsy essential balance (which almost always results in some sort of waste), and simply pump the essentia you need into a thing with a crafting GUI of sorts. Once the needed essentia is inside, you place the catalyst in it.

When I get around to making that, I'll supposedly no longer have to worry about pollution!

Food is not really that hard to get after a certain point. When I started on this world, I came across one of those Thaumcraft sinister node dungeons. And it had some food in it.

Around the point where I am now... which was just after having explored an abandoned mineshaft, and having ran (on rails) all of the treasure chest carts back to my base... well, I have a bunch of food now. A sizable portion of said comestibles are feasts, like Beef Wellingtons (at least somewhere around 2-3 stacks...), Delighted Meals (not quite as many), a bunch of burgers of various kinds, some pizzas, some sort of rice meals...

Honestly, I didn't even have any problems with food prior to getting all of these feasts anyhow. As it turns out, once you find a single apple, craft it into a core, and then plant that, the tree that sprouts will end up giving you so many apples in an automated fashion, that you could just live out your days eating apple junk.

That's not even to speak of what villages can provide. Did you know that there's a Chef Villager, who for a single emerald, could sell you a FULL STACK OF FOOD?

If there's one thing I really hate, it's going to be my unbelievably crappy/lack of storage.

The place I chose to hide out for my first night (which ended up being the place I ended up living in), was this sort of small narrow ridge, which ended up leaving me with not a lot of space to spread out, and was a small hassle for beings 'somewhat' above sea level. (I had to/chose to dig down 30 blocks to ensure that for the subsequent hollowing that followed, I wouldn't/couldn't end up opening a hole to the surface, or end up breaching a shallow pond slash lake. Thank GOD for Thaumcraft levitators. Those things made going up and down so much quicker, and much more streamlined.)

And you know what sucks? Apparently, even now, I still haven't actually done much to fix this. I've just sort of been fumbling my way through the issue of chest management. Well, now that I've gone and brought 8 chest carts full of stuff back with me, I'm apparently left with no other choice other then let the stuff sit outside in the rain...

A few remaining queries... Why are Gregtech microwaves supposedly uncraftable? I see nothing about a recipe for them on NEI.
Are Thaumium Crowbars uncraftable, by way of the fact that NEI also doesn't list a recipe for them, or is the recipe listed in the Thaumonomicon actually the recipe for them? (I ask this because while the book tells you how you can make Thaumium tools, NEI say "Nope, they're made like this.")
Lastly, for Thaumcraft, what are the prerequisites for Sanitizing Soap, and Arcane Spas? I'm pretty sure they're these two shaded icons on my Alchemy page, and I haven't the slightest clue as to how I can unlock them for my research.View attachment 13253

I'll have to dwelve into Thaumcraft it seems xD maybe duplicating tin ? can i get into thaumcraft without much bronze or steel?

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to dwelve into Thaumcraft it seems xD maybe duplicating tin ? can i get into thaumcraft without much bronze or steel?

Sure. Technically, all Thaumcraft needs is a wand (1 stick+2 iron caps, with each cap costing 5 iron nuggets) a bookshelf (which will become your Thaumonomicon), scribing tools + a research table, a cauldron and bucket, plenty of paper and ink, some gold (various crafting recipes use it, including the ever important Thaumometer; seriously, you couldn't really get started with your research without this), and a few nearby vis nodes, though technically you don't even need vis nodes; every time you kill some normal mobs, they'll usually drop a few 'aspect orbs', which are the things that look like smaller experience orbs. They'll fill up your wand if it's in the hotbar, and as it turns out, when I actually started to use my wand for an Arcane Worktable, it was full of aspect vis.

I highly suggest you attempt to complete your study on Research Expertise on the basic information tab. You have no idea how helpful it is since with that discovery, you can look at any compound aspect on your research page to see what it's made of.

Without it... you can/have to look in your Thaumonimicon's Aspects of Magic page to remember what an aspect was made out of. The only way you can progress on a research page is to link up aspects with stuff they're made of, or break down into, so for instance, Aer/Air & Ignus/Fire make Lux/Light. If something being researched is missing a few aspects... take a pause, do some analyzing with a Thaumometer or combine aspects.

Once you discover Research Expertise, do some research into Node Tapping-->Node Preservation. (I'm reasonably convinced that there could probably be nothing worse or more annoying then damaging a node or completely draining a node of an aspect, so at least this'll help prevent that.) Follow-up with research into better wand caps. The iron/stick wand is the worst, and could I suppose be compared to the equivalent of TNT to a silk-touch pickaxe, or a chainsaw for a medical operation. It's just unharnessed and unrestrained, and like I said, really could damage a node.

Somewhere down the line... look into Wand Foci, and follow up with the Excavation Foci.(just a small note, you'll have to adjust some controls, since the button that opens up the Foci menu conflicts and clashes with some other controls) I swear to you that that is... without a doubt... the most useful/2nd most useful object for me in Thaumcraft (and it can mine obsidian easily too. I've actually ended up making an Obsidian Wand Core just for that foci.)

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. Technically, all Thaumcraft needs is a wand (1 stick+2 iron caps, with each cap costing 5 iron nuggets) a bookshelf (which will become your Thaumonomicon), scribing tools + a research table, a cauldron and bucket, plenty of paper and ink, some gold (various crafting recipes use it, including the ever important Thaumometer; seriously, you couldn't really get started with your research without this), and a few nearby vis nodes, though technically you don't even need vis nodes; every time you kill some normal mobs, they'll usually drop a few 'aspect orbs', which are the things that look like smaller experience orbs. They'll fill up your wand if it's in the hotbar, and as it turns out, when I actually started to use my wand for an Arcane Worktable, it was full of aspect vis.

I highly suggest you start your research in node tapping into node preservation, then follow-up with research into better wand caps. The iron/stick wand is the worst, and could I suppose be compared to the equivalent of TNT to a silk-touch pickaxe, or a chainsaw for a medical operation. It's just unharnessed and unrestrained!.

Sounds good i'll try :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414531113][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've been using creative mode to fiddle and figure this out... I can't get it working either. I have a Big Reactor outputting RF into Ender IO energy conduit, and it powers something like a MineFactory Reloaded machine just fine... but I cannot find any block in either IC2 or GT that will accept the Ender IO power cable. No transformer will work, I tried them all, both IC2 and GT.

So yeah as of right now I'd agree, this Enetbridge isn't working for RF->EU. If it works for EU->RF, that's a big help since I have plenty of EU but no RF power source yet. But I haven't tried it to see if it works yet.

Update: Read this post.
Q: How can it be done? Energy conduits won't connect to any EU storage blocks, like MFE, nor to any EU machines, IC or GT.
A: I think this addon only gives that ability to IC2 cables. So you can connect your RF generators to RF machines or Ic2 machines, but you must use IC2 cables.

Its like there is 2 energy systems: "BC+Railcraft+enderio+extra utilities+big reactors+forestry" and then the other energy system: "IC+GT", thats fine i guess as long as it is clear, i'll just have to manage two energy systems, no biggy, not so different from managing lava and water.

I haven't tested much with big reactors and ae2 and more so i'm not even sure what power system i should build, buildcraft engines won't power my gregtech machines so i guess i'll have to use IC2 or GT5 generators to use IC2||GT5 machines?

Last edited:

Alifalafel

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Thaumcraft research, don't forget to surround your research table with different types of crystal clusters and things related to the base aspects, since they'll give you free research points over time just by sitting there.

Reactions: Grove

Learner

Jul 29, 2019
I will admit, I'm rather surprised that not a lot of people apparently use Thaumcraft. I mean, the Runic shielding is to die for, which is ironic as the shielding itself is very adequate at preventing death, and injuries in general.
It's SO awesome: when you take damage, the damage is directed first to the runic shield. If your shield is depleted before it can attempt to rebuild itself (from the vis from your wands) THEN damage is rolled against armor like usual. (In short, your armor gets to last a lot longer, since it's not slowly worn down by scratch damage, from say, random skeleton arrows.) It gets even better when you consider your opportunities to specialize in Runic Shield abilities.

Other [more combat oriented] foci, are a pretty strong staple when it comes to combat. (And trust me, the first time you unleash a dozen bolts of lightning against something you've had no prior knowledge/combat experience on... the highly satisfied you'll feel when it drops rather quickly.)
That's just for general combat. When we're speaking of Thaumcraft mobs, most of whom have unusual/painful/debuffing ranged attacks with which to attack you with. For example, take the Crimson Cult. The clerics utilize a sizable number of cruel but fast attacks, like fireballs and debuff spells, all from a very safe distance so you pretty much feel like you need a combat foci just to match up. And the hard truth of it is you probably do.

Sounds good i'll try :)
Do read/glance over my previous post. I edited it quite a bit since you quoted it.

Reactions: Tsuko

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft is great fun actually, though i would recommend either stopping taint on worldgen, or stopping it expanding via config - its no fun when it overruns you before you can research a countermeasure.
With regards to wandcraft, Azanor has changed the node preserver since i last heavily played around with this, its now impossible to make use of it without a mid-grade wand.
I will say i love being able to have a rechargeable ranged weapon, shock focus is more controllable imo - ive never managed to get deep enough into infusion crafting, but this time around ive built a mage tower specifically for magic madness away from my industrial paradise ... xD[DOUBLEPOST=1414541509][/DOUBLEPOST]

@Pyure someone explained GT pipes on youtube, infact, i think this woman blows ungod out of the water tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove and Pyure

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
How do I pick up GT wire once I've placed it in the world? I've tried wrenching (left and right clicking) and that doesn't work. Using a pick takes forever and destroys the wire.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How do I pick up GT wire once I've placed it in the world? I've tried wrenching (left and right clicking) and that doesn't work. Using a pick takes forever and destroys the wire.

GT Wire Cutters is only way. Make sure you don't make IC2 version instead and pull your hair out, like I did. :)

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

I highly suggest you attempt to complete your study on Research Expertise on the basic information tab. You have no idea how helpful it is since with that discovery, you can look at any compound aspect on your research page to see what it's made of.

Without it... you can/have to look in your Thaumonimicon's Aspects of Magic page to remember what an aspect was made out of. The only way you can progress on a research page is to link up aspects with stuff they're made of, or break down into, so for instance, Aer/Air & Ignus/Fire make Lux/Light. If something being researched is missing a few aspects... take a pause, do some analyzing with a Thaumometer or combine aspects.

Once you discover Research Expertise, do some research into Node Tapping-->Node Preservation. (I'm reasonably convinced that there could probably be nothing worse or more annoying then damaging a node or completely draining a node of an aspect, so at least this'll help prevent that.) Follow-up with research into better wand caps. The iron/stick wand is the worst, and could I suppose be compared to the equivalent of TNT to a silk-touch pickaxe, or a chainsaw for a medical operation. It's just unharnessed and unrestrained, and like I said, really could damage a node.

Somewhere down the line... look into Wand Foci, and follow up with the Excavation Foci.(just a small note, you'll have to adjust some controls, since the button that opens up the Foci menu conflicts and clashes with some other controls) I swear to you that that is... without a doubt... the most useful/2nd most useful object for me in Thaumcraft (and it can mine obsidian easily too. I've actually ended up making an Obsidian Wand Core just for that foci.)

Possibly thee best explanation of how to get started with thaumcraft I've ever read. It doesn't explain how to make stuff or what you need to get stuff but it gives you a road map of how to get there without giving too much away!!

I take my hat off to you!

Going back a page or two I asked if anyone had any tips for starting off in thaumcraft as I've never used it before. This is exactly what I was looking for thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tsuko

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

You need gregtech wire cutters my friend. Look up wire cutters in NEI, it's the GT version. It works like a tool and has durability so if your in the electric age (and it seems like you are) just spare some steel for it, well worth the (what 5 ingots?) steel for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ppl have been griping a bit about finding Tin lately (either on this thread or related, I forget.)

Someone just made this comment on the GT forum:
One of the biggest changes in 5.06.00, the range of cassiterite veins is now 40 - 120, which means no more mountain hunting!

That should help folks if its true.

Reactions: Grove and asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ppl have been griping a bit about finding Tin lately (either on this thread or related, I forget.)

Someone just made this comment on the GT forum:

That should help folks if its true.

That it will, thanks for the update.

Another way people can improve their chances is to install Pyrolusite's GregTech Alternative Textures which is a resource pack that will change the way the ores look... making it very obvious when you've found a GT ore vein. No more hide-n-seek!

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That it will, thanks for the update.

Another way people can improve their chances is to install Pyrolusite's GregTech Alternative Textures which is a resource pack that will change the way the ores look... making it very obvious when you've found a GT ore vein. No more hide-n-seek!

Shame I can't find any examples of new ore textures there. The rest are still coming along nicely; I keep meaning to check out this texture pack.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Shame I can't find any examples of new ore textures there. The rest are still coming along nicely; I keep meaning to check out this texture pack.

Click the screenshots spoiler tag, and go to the Imgur site with the photos, look at the third image down - the ore graphic is shown at the right end of the second row from the top. It's only two blocks - one ore and one gem. But it gives the idea. You find tin, you will NOT miss it. :)

Quite honestly, I think I still prefer the original default textures for ores, however given the importance of NEVER missing a tin vein if you happen across one... I feel I must run this resource pack (or risk driving myself insane lol).