[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Its funny, ppl always talk about griefers and whatnot. I've never actually encountered one :p

You're a nice guy... And so are your team mates! ;)

EDIT: Afterthought, that didn't come out right... This remark does not does not mean that tyrael is not a good guy... Sometimes really bad things do happen to good people too :(

Last edited:

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure I thought I was getting set up quite good, got a little production line going too but looking at yours I'll admit I'm jealous!

Wish I had the skill and talent to be able to create a base like that that looks good as well as functioning!!

I'm running into storage issues now, I want an AE2 network but they are expensive to run but the relocation chests are not cutting it anymore :/

Going to try and get a factory building up and running after looking at your screenshots, at the moment my base is a mish-mash of mess and machines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure I thought I was getting set up quite good, got a little production line going too but looking at yours I'll admit I'm jealous!

Wish I had the skill and talent to be able to create a base like that that looks good as well as functioning!!

I'm running into storage issues now, I want an AE2 network but they are expensive to run but the relocation chests are not cutting it anymore :/

Going to try and get a factory building up and running after looking at your screenshots, at the moment my base is a mish-mash of mess and machines!

I looked around for you on the server last night but didn't find you. Got annoyed at SoL and logged off.

Lemme know when you tend to play, I'd love to check out your base :)

PS: My bases are *always* a cinder-block full of poorly-conceptualized infrastructure. This *one* time I decided to build 2 half-decent things: the reactor and the generation room.

Generally speaking I'm definitely a cave-of-shamer.

noogenesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, been enjoying the pack, and I have a shameless plug for some of my work. The CustomOreGen mod now has a configuration for Gregtech that provides more realistic (and less chaotic) generation of GT ores in the overworld. There is also the PFAA Geologica mod that also generates ores in realistic patterns, except provides its own version of the ores, as well as different types of oil, oil shale and natural gas, all of which are fully supported by Gregtech (much thanks to Greg). Geologica is based on CustomOreGen, so it's easy to customize, and with a bit of XML skill can be configured at a very deep level.

GrumbD

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Just a post to say thanks for this pack, Myself and a friend are enjoying it so far and its great. I do have a quick question though..

We are struggling to find tin, I have made the Gregtech ore guide book but it only says small tin 60 to 120 and does not say where normal "Tin ore" can be found. Is this intentional?

Thanks!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi,

Just a post to say thanks for this pack, Myself and a friend are enjoying it so far and its great. I do have a quick question though..

We are struggling to find tin, I have made the Gregtech ore guide book but it only says small tin 60 to 120 and does not say where normal "Tin ore" can be found. Is this intentional?

Thanks!
It may be under "Cassitterite", which is also in the same general elevation range. Its easiest to find by wandering past mountain-like areas (where rock faces are exposed). However the ore texture itself can be a bit faint and hard to see. Look carefully :)

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I looked around for you on the server last night but didn't find you. Got annoyed at SoL and logged off.

PS: My bases are *always* a cinder-block full of poorly-conceptualized infrastructure. This *one* time I decided to build 2 half-decent things: the reactor and the generation room.

Haha 'Cave-of-Shamer'!!
I'm normally online during the evenings UK time. I'm on early shift all this week so I'll be home about 2pm and tomorrow I should be online from about 9pm all night because I'm only in work at 1pm on Thursday :D
I'm online now for about another 20mins too.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Well GMT is about 3 hours ahead of EST isn't it? So tomorrow night would be a good time for us both to be online if you can make it then? I've started a base the best I can actually thinking about the layout. I've designed it to be effective and tried to keep related stuff closer together. No where near done, but you get the general idea. May also make a cook room too for this SoL crap so I can easily make different foods and possibly automate it later on down the line.
eCPzwHW.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1412095173][/DOUBLEPOST]

OK, before I ask @Pyure ... yes I'm a noob, lets move on :p

The Energy hatch that you need for the EBF, the LV one (and the only one I can make with aluminum from the EBF itself) is only 32eu/t so do I have to somehow cram 4 of them into the machine to let it accept 128eu/t?! This is going up and up on the madness scale.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dood that layout is absolutely fantastic, and I actually plan to adopt this notion of a simple layout sans-roof going forward. I might take it a step (backwards) and only place one-height of blocks initially.

One thing I would change: My power gen room is like 6x your size and way too small. I'd allot some more space for that. Also, your machines will take up a ton of space: either ensure you're reserving 2+ floors there, or make that area bigger.

I particularly like how you're planning to contain your fluid tanks. Fun!

I'm trying to remember my LV stuff now. Isn't the 128eu/t one aluminium? The way you work it is:
* 4x32 LV (steel, iron) hatches to get started; cook what you need for MV
* 1x128 MV (Aluminium) hatch going foward.
* 1x512 HV (Stainless steel) for 2xMV speed I believe, and possibly some recipes iirc.[DOUBLEPOST=1412096408][/DOUBLEPOST]Minor edit: I do contain my gigantic steam reservoir inside the power gen room which is possibly a bit silly. I half-expected Miguk to slap me for this. I should have placed it UNDER or OVER that room.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

I am obsessed with trying to make mad scientists castles ...
Well GMT is about 3 hours ahead of EST isn't it? So tomorrow night would be a good time for us both to be online if you can make it then? I've started a base the best I can actually thinking about the layout. I've designed it to be effective and tried to keep related stuff closer together. No where near done, but you get the general idea. May also make a cook room too for this SoL crap so I can easily make different foods and possibly automate it later on down the line.
eCPzwHW.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1412095173][/DOUBLEPOST]

OK, before I ask @Pyure ... yes I'm a noob, lets move on :p

The Energy hatch that you need for the EBF, the LV one (and the only one I can make with aluminum from the EBF itself) is only 32eu/t so do I have to somehow cram 4 of them into the machine to let it accept 128eu/t?! This is going up and up on the madness scale.

Better than what ive got >.<

Reactions: Grove

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
When I was testing next 1.1.5 update I came to few conclusions.
1) Binnie mods are broken - That will mean, that if you are not fan of Bees, you will be able to disable them completely, without any issues. It will also cause the modpack to load quite faster (around 3-4 minutes load time)
2) They are broken in matter that we can't update forestry past build 170
3) We can't update HEE, because recipes in Binnie Mods are badly registered and its causing crashes
4) Havent yet tested Magic bees, but there might be a problem with them because there were quite a few compatibility fixes for Forestry builds 174+
5) When you make Gems, from ExtraBees fragments, they will yield broken versions (with GT-ERR-01) and they can be not usable in some recipes. So you will need to convert them to proper versions.

Thats a little information on v1.1.5 of the modpack. I will be trying to make a recipe fixes as we will encounter them, and will share them with you in here (and the first post), outside the normal updates. So all you will need to do, is download it and put it where I tell you to put it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, been enjoying the pack, and I have a shameless plug for some of my work. The CustomOreGen mod now has a configuration for Gregtech that provides more realistic (and less chaotic) generation of GT ores in the overworld. There is also the PFAA Geologica mod that also generates ores in realistic patterns, except provides its own version of the ores, as well as different types of oil, oil shale and natural gas, all of which are fully supported by Gregtech (much thanks to Greg). Geologica is based on CustomOreGen, so it's easy to customize, and with a bit of XML skill can be configured at a very deep level.
I wanted to add PFAA at the start, but I was too lazy to make the configuration for it... Now its kinda hard to add it because of already generated worlds. And adding it for sake of new worlds... That would reuquire to make it disabled per default. And as we all know disabled mods per default aren't enabled by many players. Maybe if there was a option to enable COG and PFAA on world creation (for example like BoP is doing with its Biomes), then we might consider adding it into the pack.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Thanks!
Few ores has been added in later version of GT, that means it will not be listed in the GT Ore Gen Guide, because... I am lazy to update that book. But regular tin, like TIN (not Cassiterite) is generated in level 96-99. But it is really hard to see, it has almost the same texture like stone, with only slightly different lighting.

Reactions: gallowglass

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Dood that layout is absolutely fantastic, and I actually plan to adopt this notion of a simple layout sans-roof going forward. I might take it a step (backwards) and only place one-height of blocks initially.

One thing I would change: My power gen room is like 6x your size and way too small. I'd allot some more space for that. Also, your machines will take up a ton of space: either ensure you're reserving 2+ floors there, or make that area bigger.

I particularly like how you're planning to contain your fluid tanks. Fun!

I'm trying to remember my LV stuff now. Isn't the 128eu/t one aluminium? The way you work it is:
* 4x32 LV (steel, iron) hatches to get started; cook what you need for MV
* 1x128 MV (Aluminium) hatch going foward.
* 1x512 HV (Stainless steel) for 2xMV speed I believe, and possibly some recipes iirc.[DOUBLEPOST=1412096408][/DOUBLEPOST]Minor edit: I do contain my gigantic steam reservoir inside the power gen room which is possibly a bit silly. I half-expected Miguk to slap me for this. I should have placed it UNDER or OVER that room.

Yeah I thought I would have to expand my power building, might as well plan for that now, I'll have to move my tree farm though to somewhere else. Shouldn't be too hard ;)

I'm gonna expand my main building anyway for my machines. I completely agree it's going to be too small. I was planning on having different floors, eg first floor, ore processing, 2nd floor Ingot and plate forming, etc. but I don't want too many floors and I'm going to want at least 2 EBF's eventually.

I'd love an AE2 system but they are expensive to run and I don't think I'm there yet I need more sustainable and constant power flow :/

4x32eu/t energy hatches? Ugh I'll have to try and fit them into the bottom then. I'll just have 4 turbines feeding 1 energy hatch each with 2 or 4 ic2 batteries inside. God Greg isn't holding back!

Reactions: MigukNamja

GrumbD

Jul 29, 2019
Few ores has been added in later version of GT, that means it will not be listed in the GT Ore Gen Guide, because... I am lazy to update that book. But regular tin, like TIN (not Cassiterite) is generated in level 96-99. But it is really hard to see, it has almost the same texture like stone, with only slightly different lighting.

Thanks for this info! My search will continue tonight..

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah I thought I would have to expand my power building, might as well plan for that now, I'll have to move my tree farm though to somewhere else. Shouldn't be too hard ;)

I'm gonna expand my main building anyway for my machines. I completely agree it's going to be too small. I was planning on having different floors, eg first floor, ore processing, 2nd floor Ingot and plate forming, etc. but I don't want too many floors and I'm going to want at least 2 EBF's eventually.

I'd love an AE2 system but they are expensive to run and I don't think I'm there yet I need more sustainable and constant power flow :/

4x32eu/t energy hatches? Ugh I'll have to try and fit them into the bottom then. I'll just have 4 turbines feeding 1 energy hatch each with 2 or 4 ic2 batteries inside. God Greg isn't holding back!
We eventually ran the infrastructure (bronze/steel pipes) down the side of the EBT into the bottom layer, accessing from the side. It was a bit nicer than running pipes and such to the bottom.

The AE2 system is definitely a voracious beast. We only run ours when we're actually using it. We've been incredibly lazy so we don't have an ideal solution to this yet but you can just have a lever on something like an MFE that is redstone controlled, and flip it when you need to get stuff done.

It does mean you cannot do stuff like automatically inserting into the AE system from your ore-processing area while you're off doing other things. Definitely a trade-off.

Last edited:

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
When I was testing next 1.1.5 update I came to few conclusions.
1) Binnie mods are broken - That will mean, that if you are not fan of Bees, you will be able to disable them completely, without any issues. It will also cause the modpack to load quite faster (around 3-4 minutes load time)
2) They are broken in matter that we can't update forestry past build 170
3) We can't update HEE, because recipes in Binnie Mods are badly registered and its causing crashes
4) Havent yet tested Magic bees, but there might be a problem with them because there were quite a few compatibility fixes for Forestry builds 174+
5) When you make Gems, from ExtraBees fragments, they will yield broken versions (with GT-ERR-01) and they can be not usable in some recipes. So you will need to convert them to proper versions.

Thats a little information on v1.1.5 of the modpack. I will be trying to make a recipe fixes as we will encounter them, and will share them with you in here (and the first post), outside the normal updates. So all you will need to do, is download it and put it where I tell you to put it.

But I am a fan of bees. :( But I am not a fan of the ridonculously long load time of this modpack. But I am a huge fan of this mod pack. I am so conflicted. :(

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
@Pyure
Edit: i think i can explain what im asking a little easier.

If i shove an insulated 1x tin cable out from the right hand side, can i still use a single machine at a time? or is something going to spontaneously combust on me?

Edit V2.0 - i hate these changes to imageshack ...

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you re-save your screenshots as jpeg, they're small enough to drag-and-drop into the thread. Anything under 1mb seems to work.

Is that block with a dot a battery buffer? If so, what size?
Is the block to the left of it a batbox?

As I understand it, nothing at all is going to happen when you put a 1x tin wire out the right side of that dot. You can't feed the battery buffer directly from a batbox.