[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Here's how I do my wiring with the limited understand I have.

Top)
This is for powering a GT system from an IC2 source without any IC2 wiring involved.

Note that the buffer is 4x. If it has 4 batteries in it, it can output 4A. This will fry 1x and 2x tin wires if 4A ever gets drawn (by turning on 4 machines simultaneously for instance)

With 4x Tin Wire, you can output 4x32V simultaneously. This is almost always enough for 8 LV machines because a) they rarely draw the full 32V each, and b) they're rarely all on at the same time anyway.

Bottom)
Same setup, but there is IC2 wiring between the batbox and everything else. GT Transformers can accept IC2 power, but only from a machine, not from a wire. So this time we have to accept the power with something. Another batbox would probably function just as well, but we use a transformer. Note that as far as I can tell, the transformer here is actually more like a bridge than any kind of up-or-down- transformer. (If you right-click it and reset the gui, it will likely say 32eu/t in and out)

Your mileage may vary; GT updates are coming fast and furious.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
If you re-save your screenshots as jpeg, they're small enough to drag-and-drop into the thread. Anything under 1mb seems to work.

Is that block with a dot a battery buffer? If so, what size?
Is the block to the left of it a batbox?

As I understand it, nothing at all is going to happen when you put a 1x tin wire out the right side of that dot. You can't feed the battery buffer directly from a batbox.

Your right you need a GT low voltage transformer. I've created a system that users bat boxes (for now) and ic2 cable to transfer eu which means no lost eu over long cables. Then I gets converted back to GT EU at the other end :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've just started doing the same thing.

I used GT power solely for the vast majority of the progression, but when it came time to create an actual power distribution network, it was hard to justify using lossy GT wiring. I'll happily transform GT power into IC2 for transmission and transform it back on the other end if the loss would be substantial.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

Top)
This is for powering a GT system from an IC2 source without any IC2 wiring involved.

Note that the buffer is 4x. If it has 4 batteries in it, it can output 4A. This will fry 1x and 2x tin wires if 4A ever gets drawn (by turning on 4 machines simultaneously for instance)

With 4x Tin Wire, you can output 4x32V simultaneously. This is almost always enough for 8 LV machines because a) they rarely draw the full 32V each, and b) they're rarely all on at the same time anyway.

Bottom)
Same setup, but there is IC2 wiring between the batbox and everything else. GT Transformers can accept IC2 power, but only from a machine, not from a wire. So this time we have to accept the power with something. Another batbox would probably function just as well, but we use a transformer. Note that as far as I can tell, the transformer here is actually more like a bridge than any kind of up-or-down- transformer. (If you right-click it and reset the gui, it will likely say 32eu/t in and out)

View attachment 13054
I'm now using the 2nd setup because the eu loss is just stupid over distance and really adds up. Plus in a why it kinda makes it more complex and interesting because you have to think of ways to make none lossy eu transport :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice :)

Last night I changed our MV EBF into an HV version powered via the MOX reactor. I can't find a wireless redstone mechanism in this pack so I have a super long red alloy wire running back to the nuclear plant which is flipping the reactor off when its not needed.

I plan to add 2 more EBFs (MV ones) tonight onto the same power line, but making the nichrome wires is taking forever.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
But I am a fan of bees. :( But I am not a fan of the ridonculously long load time of this modpack. But I am a huge fan of this mod pack. I am so conflicted. :(

The bees and machines are worth the long load times, IMHO. Binnie completely redesigned them. There are more of them, they require more time and infrastructure, but on the positive side, they use far less power and they work on trees !

Almost have the "super sapling" for ethanol production. Just need a couple of more tree species for the fruit juice.

Bee-wise, bees are/were a long road, but worth it. Saves having to mine the common ores like iron and redstone.

GrumbD

Jul 29, 2019
Well my server died this evening with a week or so's progress on it..

Its a long shot but does anyone know of server running this mod willing to take on two middle aged refugees with withdrawal symptoms??

Reactions: Grove

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

Top)

Bottom)

View attachment 13054
<3
That is all.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Tyrael, let me know if that's actually of some sort of help to you.

In the meantime, Achievement sort-of-unlocked: Blast Furnace Array!
2014-10-02_21.51.48.jpg

This is two MV and one HV Blast Furnace plus a freezer. They're nuclear powered.

Things I've learned today:
1) MOX fuel returns your spent plutonium, so even though it cost a metric asston of energy to get the plutonium initially, its going to pay off quickly. You do need to reinvest U238 but that's way, way cheaper
2) A Multi Smelter benefits from better Heating Coils. If you watched Ung_Gods video on this he demonstrates that the multi smelter benefits from higher voltage (considerably). However, a Nichrome MV Multi-Smelter cooks a stack around the same amount of time as a Cupronickel HV Multi-Smelter, and at a tiny fraction of the energy cost (like 10% of the cost probably)

I plan on placing two multi smelters against the back wall there where you see a sad lonely chest.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Tyrael, let me know if that's actually of some sort of help to you.

They're nuclear powered.
Yup, it was very helpful, thank you :D
And i found my first uranium ore (uraninite) - do i need special tools to mine it?
i remember @SpwnX having a cautionary tale somewhere earlier in the thread about not mining any kind of uranium without hazmat?

Reactions: Grove

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
And i found my first uranium ore (uraninite) - do i need special tools to mine it?
i remember @SpwnX having a cautionary tale somewhere earlier in the thread about not mining any kind of uranium without hazmat?
Only Plutonium, Enriched Naquadah (and maybe palladium) ores are radioactive enough to need a hazmat.
Uraninite, Pitchblende and Uranium 238 ores are safe to mine without it.
The only tool you need to mine it is a pick/drill, nothing else.

If you @Tyriael_Soban or anyone in this thread need help, you are free to ask me via IRC on #kirara or #GregTech or #Industrial-Craft at esper.net.
IC2 forum shoutbox also works when i'm not online. If you're feeling shy like @Pyure , a PM works aswell.

Last edited:

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Well my server died this evening with a week or so's progress on it..

Its a long shot but does anyone know of server running this mod willing to take on two middle aged refugees with withdrawal symptoms??

If you've messaged me on the website I'll read it when I get home I'm at work at the moment ;) I've currently got 3 messages but can't reply to them until I'm at home.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

I'd love to get a mox reactor set up but I'm yet to find any kind of uranium ore. What level did you find the ore at?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you @Tyriael_Soban or anyone in this thread need help, you are free to ask me via IRC on #kirara or #GregTech or #Industrial-Craft at esper.net.
IC2 forum shoutbox also works when i'm not online. If you're feeling shy like @Pyure , a PM also works.
I'm a blushing bride of a man sometimes, what can I say.[DOUBLEPOST=1412339511][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd love to get a mox reactor set up but I'm yet to find any kind of uranium ore. What level did you find the ore at?

I believe level 20-30. Check the Little Pink Book to confirm. I also needed a HV Thermal Centrifuge in order to process a loooot of U238 to the point that I got enough plutonium.

Once you find a vein, it'll have enough ore to last you a while.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a blushing bride of a man sometimes, what can I say.[DOUBLEPOST=1412339511][/DOUBLEPOST]
I believe level 20-30. Check the Little Pink Book to confirm. I also needed a HV Thermal Centrifuge in order to process a loooot of U238 to the point that I got enough plutonium.

Once you find a vein, it'll have enough ore to last you a while.

Hmmm I wonder how rare they are, I've not come across one yet :/ did manage to find a diamond one though so I'm sorted for the near future for diamonds :D

What other ores generate with the uranium? Is it still a green ore?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Uranium 238, Pitchblende, Uraninite. According to resources I've seen online, you should be able to get plutonium near U238, but I've never seen it.

I've certainly never seen Naqwadah or Palladium.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
1x512 HV (Stainless steel) for 2xMV speed I believe, and possibly some recipes iirc.

Tungstensteel is the biggest one I can think of off the top of my head. We've also scripted in diamonds from bees to require HV. Emeralds from bees requires HV +1 !

I do contain my gigantic steam reservoir inside the power gen room which is possibly a bit silly. I half-expected Miguk to slap me for this. I should have placed it UNDER or OVER that room.

I like it in the room. Since it's the power gen room and the steam tank is perhaps the best visual of our power store and whether we are power-positive (more generation than peak) or power-negative (less generation than peak), I think it's appropriate to have it in the center of the room.

I do, however, plan on replacing the RC 36HP with a GT Steam Boiler, and will convert the GT charcoal boiler to a liquid (ethanol) boiler. The end result will be 2x GT liquid boilers fed with Ethanol. As for wood, I will only need a small-ish wood farm for the bee frames. Charcoal won't be necessary. This means the coke ovens will get deprecated (removed). With twenty(20) of them and all their item and liquid piping, I suspect they contribute somewhat to our client lag.

Why all the steam ? Well, quarrying The End, of course !

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
fwiw, I think the coke ovens are already deprecated. I've been hitting the charcoal heavy the last few days and it never goes below 512 stacks :p I can start tearing them down tonight if you like. I didnt even consider that they might be a primary lag contributor.

That said, adding nuclear took a bit of load off the steam network (we went from 800 eu/t to 1640 overnight basically and can add more reactors whenever)

Replacing the 36HP will be nice. GT solutions whenever reasonably feasible in this pack (the RC turbine being an exception thus far)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I do, however, plan on replacing the RC 36HP with a GT Steam Boiler, and will convert the GT charcoal boiler to a liquid (ethanol) boiler.
i assume this is done by swapping an input casing around?

I found it at the floor of a ravine underground, about the same height that you start to find small redstone at.