[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I just got 60 iron ingots from the material bag from the Hardwork Tools quest. Was it always giving that much this early?

Actually several bags gave me 60 iron ingots each. Seems a bit much.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just got 60 iron ingots from the material bag from the Hardwork Tools quest. Was it always giving that much this early?

The bags that provide materials provide a lot as a sort of incentive to not just pick Coins all the time (which instead give you flexibility)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019

The basic bags can give up to 32 ingots of two of copper, tin, or iron or 64 ingots of one. They are really quite good, having a minimum of 16 ingots per bag if I remember right.

Delayed response, but that applies for higher tiers too, just with different metals. I just don't check these forums much anymore, mostly in the discord for IT2 chat.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I simply ended up with like 7-8 stacks of iron ingots after doing the early quests. I don't have to mine iron for quite a while.

A

AlphaA

My quest reward for today: about half a stack of urannium 235 ingots, death by radiation inclusive -.-

I have a question for you veterans. I'm automating my HV ore processing with macerators, ore washing plant and centrifuge. I use the machine auto-output or Ender IO Itemducts to move the items. Furthermore I use the packager together with the type filter to craft all the tiny dusts into dusts. This works quite well. If I change the processed ore however, the packager is clogged with a tiny dusts amount <9. Unfortunately I cant extract items out of the machine input with the Itemducts and have to manually pull it out. From what I understand the regulator would do what I want, but is still bound to a specific dusts, so I can only regulate the output of 9 specific tiny dusts.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem? Thanks!

A

AlphaA

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think about it. This way I need to preconfigure the GT regulators for each specific dust, otherwise they won't output to the packager. So I think I have to built quite alot of them.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
when I made a processing system I just input all the dust into AE and then grouped them all together every once in a while. I tried doing it automatically but it just didn't make sense to spend that many materials when i could spend ~1 minute every 2 days consolidating dusts.

Reactions: AlphaA
A

AlphaA

Yeah it's definetly not very efficient to spend so much for a little more automation. I'm getting started with AE2 now.

Another question that arised yesterday. I built my first nuclear reactor and saw the whole GT breeding mechanics are not implemented? Or is NEI just missing the recipes? Sorry for this very basic question.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
TBH I only used nuclear as a backup/auxiliary power source, like if I couldn't find any oil and ran out of fuel. Light fuel has a much higher EU per fucks given then nuclear, at least imo. The only down side to dinosaur fuel is you have to find more.

In any case I just made a standard ic2 cooled reactor and fine tuned the rods to produce the exact amount of hot coolant I would need to run a large turbine. I really didn't think about efficiency.
bi1cn4e-1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlphaA
A

AlphaA

I'm using a mix of steam, LPG, Methane and Nitro-Diesel, as well as nuclear now. The investment for nuclear is quite high, but a simple 1 chamber MKI design with uranium rods gives me 200 EU/t at any desired voltage. The output seems to be doubled in this version, compared to what the reactor planner calculated. I'll build a few more since automating them is very easy. Thorium seems to be quite useless for EU production however.

Whats the extra gain when using the liquid cooled IC2 reactor? It's quite a setup.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
IIRC liquid cooled is more efficient, doubly so when you use the large turbine with a good rotor. I'll see if I can load up my old save too share the fuel loading but I haven't played Infitech in about 3/4 of a year, just recently started Infitech 2u FTN after said 3/4 year on 1.12/normie packs

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
I'm positive I've used rtgs before, but I think those were plutonium-powered and IC2.

I'm almost 99% sure that thorium is used to generate special isotopes but I dunno lol

A

AlphaA

Yes, RTG pellets are made with plutonium.
I also knew about thorium being necessary to produce these elements. But because EU output is so low, the best use for thorium might be to burn it in a cheap inefficient reactor.
I think the intended use for thorium was for breeding reactors. But this seem to be not available in this modpack.