[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm.... i wonder... what kind of automatic block placing machines do we have in this pack?
Machines none. But there is a Stripes Pipe from buildcraft, which places blocks that will travel through it or you can use Robots/Drones (there might be something in Thaumcraft/TT; but I am not familiar that much with those two mods.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
Machines none. But there is a Stripes Pipe from buildcraft, which places blocks that will travel through it or you can use Robots/Drones (there might be something in Thaumcraft/TT; but I am not familiar that much with those two mods.

Thx Jason!

the striped pipe isn't what i'm looking for.

wanted to get a block that can place down gravel in front of it, so that I can use pistons to fill up an ocean. but the striped pipes drop their content if a block is alredy placed in front of them, which would mean that I'd lose a lot of gravel... is there any particular reason why the open blocks block placer is disabled? I tried it out in creative and that's exactly what I need.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thx Jason!

the striped pipe isn't what i'm looking for.

wanted to get a block that can place down gravel in front of it, so that I can use pistons to fill up an ocean. but the striped pipes drop their content if a block is alredy placed in front of them, which would mean that I'd lose a lot of gravel... is there any particular reason why the open blocks block placer is disabled? I tried it out in creative and that's exactly what I need.
Reason is me (and it is a free working machine) :) I just do not like 'em :) You still can go with the robots and drones. And probably BC Builder (if that thing is still enabled)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You could use the tablet thing from Thaumic Tinkerer, can't recall the name right now, but it's basically an autonomous activator. Pretty sure you could feed in gravel to that and it'd try and place them, you will be using an advanced machine to do a simple job though so it may be a bit expensive.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
goddamn... guys, thank you for pointing out the filler to me... it's a goddamn useful machine, it can do much more than i wanted it to do :D

T

TheMagicMan

Right now i'm in the bronze era with a steam boiler and compressor. It looks like I need a macerator now, but I have no idea how to get diamonds. I cant make industrial diamonds because I can't mine obsidian and with the gregtech new ore distribution, I can barely find any to begin with. My question is, What is the best way to mine and is it possible to get obsidian without getting a better pickaxe than bronze?

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
Right now i'm in the bronze era with a steam boiler and compressor. It looks like I need a macerator now, but I have no idea how to get diamonds. I cant make industrial diamonds because I can't mine obsidian and with the gregtech new ore distribution, I can barely find any to begin with. My question is, What is the best way to mine and is it possible to get obsidian without getting a better pickaxe than bronze?

you can make a pickaxe to mine obsidian with thaumcraft perditio shards.

also, you can mine at floor of ocean biomes. you can find a bunch of railcraft abyssal stone "bubbles". They can contain diamond ore

T

TheMagicMan

you can make a pickaxe to mine obsidian with thaumcraft perditio shards.

also, you can mine at floor of ocean biomes. you can find a bunch of railcraft abyssal stone "bubbles". They can contain diamond ore

Does it matter what shard you use?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
But thaumcraft picks need a thaumium shaft if i remember right. Alternative with GT only is cobalt pickaxe if you are lucky to find cobalite. Also possible to do stripmining at height 7 for small diamond ores that can be mined with a tier 2 pick.

T

TheMagicMan

But thaumcraft picks need a thaumium shaft if i remember right. Alternative with GT only is cobalt pickaxe if you are lucky to find cobalite. Also possible to do stripmining at height 7 for small diamond ores that can be mined with a tier 2 pick.
I've been trying to make thaumium, but it doesn't want to work. I put in a greatwood log and an ingot of lead into a crucible. I then throw in a sliver of air, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

A

Agrax

Mate, u can use pneumaticcraft to make diamonds! Just throw bunch of iron on the ground and get yourself attacked by the almmighty creeper. Its your firs compressed iron. Proceed to make compression chamber- put 64 coal inside and you got yourself a shiny, lil diamond

T

TheMagicMan

Mate, u can use pneumaticcraft to make diamonds! Just throw bunch of iron on the ground and get yourself attacked by the almmighty creeper. Its your firs compressed iron. Proceed to make compression chamber- put 64 coal inside and you got yourself a shiny, lil diamond
Oh, never heard of that mod before. I'll take a look thanks.

E

Ewind

I'm looking for a platinium supply. Any idea? I havn't any ore with some in them yet? Same for olivine / emerald ?

And Am I overlooking something or fluorine is hard to get by?

P

PutinsChest

I'm looking for a platinium supply. Any idea? I havn't any ore with some in them yet? Same for olivine / emerald ?

And Am I overlooking something or fluorine is hard to get by?
I would recommend processing nickel ore with mercury, or chalcopyrite / pentlandite ore with nitric acid. The nitric acid route is more complicated but rewards you with rare platinum group metals like osmium and irdium. You'll need those later.

Olivine / emerald are found in ore veins. You kind of have to find one it seems.
I suppose there's the option of villager trading, but it seems tedious.

Fluorine is in many ores in the ground, most or all of which are found in the same vein. One vein will probably be plenty for your immediate fluorine needs
Bastnasite? is the name of the ore I used, if I recall.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to make thaumium, but it doesn't want to work. I put in a greatwood log and an ingot of lead into a crucible. I then throw in a sliver of air, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Is your crucible heated? you need to have some fire beneath them and you need to see bubbles in the water or it won't work

this is a genious idea! never thought about doing that yet

A

Agrax

Is your crucible heated? you need to have some fire beneath them and you need to see bubbles in the water or it won't work

this is a genious idea! never thought about doing that yet

I found it myself like 3 days ago after a ragequit when i was looking for some of that shiny s**t.