[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Heya Guys, kinda new to the Forum and all but I read through a Lot of comments and I sincerly Love infitech. Since none of my friends want to play the pack with me (mostly due to them hating on gregtech), is there any Server I might join? Reply would bei greatly appreciated.

real friends dont hate gregtech :p

Sometimes a few chunks won't load in my world even when I go next to them. The only thing which helps seems to resstart my world. Is there any way to load those chunks without reopening the world?

Not sure, i get this every now and then too - like my comp just gives up loading the chunks and i have to reload the world.
If i can get far away enough from the effected area, i seem to be able to make the game load those chunks.

E

Ewind

Hi
New with this modpack, I have some questions:
- Is there a way to go to the nether without steel? ( because flint and steel does require a steel nugget)
- I'm currently living on the flattest map, and can't find any tin. Is it possible to leave bronze age with only quest award?

Thanks

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
New with this modpack, I have some questions:
- Is there a way to go to the nether without steel? ( because flint and steel does require a steel nugget)
- I'm currently living on the flattest map, and can't find any tin. Is it possible to leave bronze age with only quest award?

Thanks
Yes, you can build a portal once you have a bucket, not even a pickaxe for obsidian needed.
Place lava in the right places and cool them with water into obsidian in portal shape. then place planks next to the blocks that needs to be set on fire to open the portal and place lava below them. after some time the planks ignite and open the portal. But usually you find a lot of steel as loot.

Tin is a known issue. Rewards, small tin ores and later thaumcraft mutations or lava centrifuging get you along without ever needing to find a tin vein.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Even if your in non-mountained regions,i'd recommend probing the areas for tin if you have the minimum height to have Tin. You'll notice that it spawn more often than we think arround 60-80. I noticed that when looking for other stuff and ended up having more Tin vein at those level than in mountains. Probably due to the fact that there was so little mountains in my area.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to split "X" product between "Y" machines in more or less equal quantity using GT pipes?

I know it can be done using Buildcraft pipes, EIO conduit but i'm trying to use GT pipes only as much as possible.

For example: Let'say i crush 1 redstone ore. I end up with 10 crushed redstone. Is it possi le to split it evenlly among 4 ore washing plant using GT item pipes?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone know of a way to split "X" product between "Y" machines in more or less equal quantity using GT pipes?

I know it can be done using Buildcraft pipes, EIO conduit but i'm trying to use GT pipes only as much as possible.

For example: Let'say i crush 1 redstone ore. I end up with 10 crushed redstone. Is it possi le to split it evenlly among 4 ore washing plant using GT item pipes?
With GT pipes, I don't know of a way. You mentioned BC. You can also do it with EnderIO by putting it in round-robin mode and reducing the throughput (you may need to use the downgrade)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Gt pipes have a resistance value- so I'll assume they'll route based on length of pipe. So in theory if all the destinations are equidistant then the items will split equally.
You think GT pipes will split a stack?

Generally speaking, in this scenario, given all equal chances, the "first tested" will always get the stack.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
You think GT pipes will split a stack?

Generally speaking, in this scenario, given all equal chances, the "first tested" will always get the stack.
I can confirm that.

With GT pipes, I don't know of a way. You mentioned BC. You can also do it with EnderIO by putting it in round-robin mode and reducing the throughput (you may need to use the downgrade)
That's what I thought too. Just thought I'd check anyway :)

E

Ewind

Tanks for all the answers and sorry to disturb you again, but I started bronze age and i have one more question :
Is building one large bronze boiler more efficient than building a massive number of small?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Tanks for all the answers and sorry to disturb you again, but I started bronze age and i have one more question :
Is building one large bronze boiler more efficient than building a massive number of small?
Depends on your priorities.

The large bronze boiler will be less efficient, but will take less space, require less piping, and can be automated.
The small boilers are more efficient, but to create the same amount of steam will require an awful lot of them and thus more piping. And they cannot be automated.

Some numbers from the wikis:
Small Coal Boiler: 43,200
High Pressure Coal Boiler: 48,000
Large Bronze Boiler: 32,000

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the Quick reply Jason! Big Fan of your work. Speaking of it, are you still improving/ working on Infitech ? If so, have you thought of adding gt++? Its a great addon for gregtech That adds TONS of New multiblocks, ingots, multitools and brings back the old extrabees frames:) added it myself and it works GREAT with infitechs balanced experience!
Infitech for 1.7.10 development is pretty much closed. The only few next updates will just contain updated version of GT. However 1.10 development is ongoing so gt++ might make its way in there

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I've just went and took a look at those new multiblock from GT++..as far as i can see...not that much special considering we have the Processing Array. ALso the Multiblock COke Oven...we have the Pyrolyse Oven. As for the rest i can see some potential.

Reactions: Boshy

ele360

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure this is a noob question. I'm new to GT and only been playing infi2 for a few days. Im at the point where I need to either hunt for diamonds, or farm obsidian to use in a compressor for diamonds. Obsi and Diamond are both mining level 3. What tool material would I use for that? As far as I can tell the iron pick doesn't harvest diamond. I had planned on using TC shards for a mining level 3 pick but that requires me to macerate wood (which quires diamonds)

Am I missing something? Bread crumb pls.