[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a viable way to produce uua. I've been using conduit binder, but despite the high scrap: input ratio, the non renewable nature of the clay is a problem. What are you guys using for uua?

On a related note, is there a guide to ic2/gt crops? How difficult is it to get the uua berries?
If you google, you'll easily end up on the IC2 forum with the crop thread directly. I would try and give you the link but in my crop study during the 2 months period where i experimented a lots with them, i ended up with similar info over different threads.

Edit: as for UUA berry, they grow decently fast. Somewhat on a similar way to oilberry i'd say.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Has anyone else experienced that sort of behavior on their server? If so, have you managed to fix the problem?
ps: We're only two at the moment that play on the server.
As JoFlash suggested, OPIS is going to be your best friend. You can use that to help find your issue. Are you both in the overworld? Are either of you using GT item regulators or chest buffers? Any vanilla hoppers connected to machines? Any large running water or lava in loaded chunks? Large amounts of friendly mobs such as chickens? Use any tree farms?

I could probably go on for quite a wail :p

Reactions: Herrminator1994

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
As JoFlash suggested, OPIS is going to be your best friend. You can use that to help find your issue. Are you both in the overworld? Are either of you using GT item regulators or chest buffers? Any vanilla hoppers connected to machines? Any large running water or lava in loaded chunks? Large amounts of friendly mobs such as chickens? Use any tree farms?

I think you misunderstood the question. I wasn't asking how to clear the lag but rather if anyone had experienced a situation where their server would spike when certain players were not online.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Might happen when chunks are often loaded/unloaded from a chunk next to them. The online player keeps it loaded all the time in that case reducing lag.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I think you misunderstood the question. I wasn't asking how to clear the lag but rather if anyone had experienced a situation where their server would spike when certain players were not online.
The answer is yes and i found the issue to be related to some of the things I asked above (hence I brought them up). I was able to locate the issue using OPIS.

F

filnari

Hi, I'm using Infitech 2, version 3.2.17 from the FTB launcher.

I've built a Carpenter machine from Forestry to make a beealyzer to experiment with bees. I've been following the quest book being new to a lot of these technology mods (I'm more of a Thaumcraft guy), and I'm working with MV machines right now. I can't figure out how to power the carpenter. I wants a different type of power (RF?) than I've been using. Is there a simple way to power the carpenter with what I have or do I need to do more work in Forestry or some other mod before I can power it?

Thanks,
Filnari

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi, I'm using Infitech 2, version 3.2.17 from the FTB launcher.

I've built a Carpenter machine from Forestry to make a beealyzer to experiment with bees. I've been following the quest book being new to a lot of these technology mods (I'm more of a Thaumcraft guy), and I'm working with MV machines right now. I can't figure out how to power the carpenter. I wants a different type of power (RF?) than I've been using. Is there a simple way to power the carpenter with what I have or do I need to do more work in Forestry or some other mod before I can power it?

Thanks,
Filnari
You can actually supply it power via a Gregtech wire/cable if you wish. You can power RF machines that way in this pack. Note that the reverse is not true: you cannot power GT machines with RF cables.

F

filnari

You can actually supply it power via a Gregtech wire/cable if you wish. You can power RF machines that way in this pack. Note that the reverse is not true: you cannot power GT machines with RF cables.

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's a simple solution I should have tried, but I've blown up a few machines and wanted to ask first. Does it matter if I use LV or MV power?

Thanks

P

PutinsChest

Has anyone used hot coolant cells to provide the heat for an ic2 pressure vessel reactor? If so, does anyone know good designs to use as a cooling tower for the coolant cell?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks for the quick reply!

That's a simple solution I should have tried, but I've blown up a few machines and wanted to ask first. Does it matter if I use LV or MV power?
Thanks
Nope, the RF machines are grief-proof. Power it with whatever you like.

Has anyone used hot coolant cells to provide the heat for an ic2 pressure vessel reactor? If so, does anyone know good designs to use as a cooling tower for the coolant cell?

I don't believe you can do what you're hoping to do here, if memory serves.

Reactions: filnari

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes a few chunks won't load in my world even when I go next to them. The only thing which helps seems to resstart my world. Is there any way to load those chunks without reopening the world?

A

Alven4

Nope, the RF machines are grief-proof. Power it with whatever you like.

I don't believe you can do what you're hoping to do here, if memory serves.
Coolant cells can be used in pressure vessel reactor if they aren't heated up in direct mode reactor. So you can move heat between pressure vessel reactors if you want to.

H

Herrminator1994

Coolant cells can be used in pressure vessel reactor if they aren't heated up in direct mode reactor. So you can move heat between pressure vessel reactors if you want to.
Direct mode reactor cells don't work?

H

Herrminator1994

I presume that my hit-and-miss experiences with super buffers are not unprecedented?

A

Alven4

Direct mode reactor cells don't work?
If coolant cell receives heat from any source inside of direct mode reactor, it won't be possible to use it in pressure vessel reactor (it simply won't transfer any heat to heat exchangers in the pressure vessel reactor). You can see that when you heat up coolant cell in direct mode reactor, they start to have tooltip saying that they cannot be used in pressure vessel reactors and must be cooled down in direct mode reactor. The bug that allowed using coolant cells heated in direct mode reactors in the pressure vessel reactor has been fixed.

Any ideas on what the cleanroom multiblock is?

Reactions: PutinsChest
P

PutinsChest

If coolant cell receives heat from any source inside of direct mode reactor, it won't be possible to use it in pressure vessel reactor (it simply won't transfer any heat to heat exchangers in the pressure vessel reactor). You can see that when you heat up coolant cell in direct mode reactor, they start to have tooltip saying that they cannot be used in pressure vessel reactors and must be cooled down in direct mode reactor. The bug that allowed using coolant cells heated in direct mode reactors in the pressure vessel reactor has been fixed.

Any ideas on what the cleanroom multiblock is?
Very useful information, I'm glad I'll be able to use coolant cells the way I wanted to.

About the cleanroom, I noticed it in nei and was curious as well, I couldn't find anything about it when googling, however. It seems like it hasnt been fully implemented yet.

B

Boshy

Heya Guys, kinda new to the Forum and all but I read through a Lot of comments and I sincerly Love infitech. Since none of my friends want to play the pack with me (mostly due to them hating on gregtech), is there any Server I might join? Reply would bei greatly appreciated.

B

Boshy

also google is your friend too :)
Thanks for the Quick reply Jason! Big Fan of your work. Speaking of it, are you still improving/ working on Infitech ? If so, have you thought of adding gt++? Its a great addon for gregtech That adds TONS of New multiblocks, ingots, multitools and brings back the old extrabees frames:) added it myself and it works GREAT with infitechs balanced experience!

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I felt like sharing my engineering. An Octo Distillation Tower. I also estimate that i could stack up to 28 Controller in 1 Chunk in this manner.

2017-02-26_08.45.46.png 2017-02-26_08.45.56.png

They are activated via the lever in the front and and the fact that there is no maintenance issue. If both of these condition are not true, they all stop together. ALl of this was done with a mixture of Gregtech Wireless Transmitter/Receiver both "In" & "out". WHich gave me a bit of a hard time to figure out when it came to the "In" Transmitter/Receiver.

Reactions: Herrminator1994