[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any renewable source of Radio essentia besides rare earth and mana beans?
Plutonium 241 gotten from Trollplant crops.

Edit: Lately i feel like my answer to anything is "Crops" lol...almost like a virgin who recently discovered sex for the first time (it's the answer to everything! :p)

Last edited:

Zeyad_001

Mar 18, 2014
THe Processing array can use up to 16 single block machine at once.

Ex: If you put 16 Basic Macerator (LV) in it's GUI, then you'll need to supply it 16 times the power (512V - HV) and it will macerate up to 16 Items at once. The same ratio apply if you decide you want 16 Advanced Macerator (HV). It would cost 8192 EU/t (IV Voltage) to power it.

Also, what i consider to be a bug IMO is that even with basic Macerator, it act as a Pulverizer thus yielding the By-Products.

So all in all, it's a costly but powerfull machine that greatly speed up processing.

One observation is that the original ic2 machines uses a different lower eu/t compared to other machines. That means the lv macerators uses 4 eu/t and the hv one thus uses 32. I have then been able to stick 16 universal macerators on a processing array powered by 1 hv energy hatch.

Reactions: MarcNemesis

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
All normal machines, be they single block ones or energy hatches can request at most two amps from the energy network they are connected to. They don't really care if there is a cable that can supply 64 amps next to them or not, all they care about is those, at maximum, two amps. There are some exceptions to the two amp request rule, but you can easily tell those as their recipes have 3A or the like in them...

I think what the reference of 4 was four times the wires per ingot or something, which is correct... Normal progression in Gregtech might look like this:
Hammer & Cutter tech: 2 Ingots > 1 Plates > 1 Wire
Plate Bender & Cutter tech: 2 Ingots > 2 Plates > 2 Wires
Wiremill tech: 2 Ingots > 4 Wires
This makes you get four times the wires per resource input... it's just that sometimes people just forget to mention that they are talking about the tech comparison, rather than raw output from available ingots :)
that explains the comment I kept on seeing where u get 4 wires. they were comparing to the initial 2 ingots per, not how many wires per ingot. OK!

Also, all the prev comments re:amperage, load, yeah, that makes all the sense now re: the hatches, etc. Wasn't my issue tho, mine was not enough steam going to the turbines, and I read the post to get the good info on battery buffers/2 batteries to get that going.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so I hit MV and am roaming the end for endium, etc. got thaum alot of the way as well and did a bunch of the transmutations. Noticed that nebrisum was stated to be gotten by making the golden apple juice, but I made some, scanned and it has sano, not nebrisum. cheatilly looked through the scripts and it looks like the platinum/nasquadah clusters were added to have nebrisum but didn't see anything else.

Obviously there has to be something else otherwise the alchemical transmutations are useless if it requires the same element that you are transmuting. anyone have a clue?

Went to end, and I went 10k in a direction at 40-50 and saw zero platinum/iridium but started an assembly line to process endstone to get platinum tinies. wanna make hungry mirror, enderium, etc and pretty clueless how to proceed.

ok, as I typed this, I realized I tried a golden apple not a notch apple. tried a notch apple juice (idun's apple juice) and yeah, those have 9 nebrisum. Ok, guess I answered my own question there. lol

NEW question then, is there a list of what has all the new GT aspects?

edit: lol ok, I'd say disregard all of my rambling. MC in general is the game where you have many layers of wants/desires/dependancies and, to me, it's a good/bad thing. mostly good tho. keeps you occupied as you work on fulfilling them. GT steps all that up many notches by having you not notice a recipe taking 300 eu/t requiring HV which requires plastic which requires oil which I haven't even went out and gotten yet lol I love this. lmao. Does this mean I'm a masochist and is there a club I can join?

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've completed all the Bronze Age quests, but it only says "97% Complete" in my book. Is there a hidden Bronze Age quest that unlocks much later in the game, or what? Steel Age quests completed just fine, I'm currently working on Silicon Age quests.

Bronze Age says "35 quests in total, 35 unlocked quests, 35 completed quests". So why is it only 97%? I remember this question was asked a long time ago in this forum so maybe I should search.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've completed all the Bronze Age quests, but it only says "97% Complete" in my book. Is there a hidden Bronze Age quest that unlocks much later in the game, or what? Steel Age quests completed just fine, I'm currently working on Silicon Age quests.
Isn't there a renewable quest in bronze age? Maybe its affecting your %.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there a renewable quest in bronze age? Maybe its affecting your %.

THere were two renewables, I had already completed both but I did them again... no change to the quest book %.

Prob some bug, such as a quest being removed but the calculation for % complete is still counting the now-removed quest (because 35/36=97%). And its certainly not a game-breaking bug, the quest book is pretty much just a good "companion tutorial guidebook" than anything else. I've always taken the coin bags as a reward, but the only material I've ever purchased with the coins was Lithium, I've never had any need to use them otherwise.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
NEW question then, is there a list of what has all the new GT aspects?
No, but you got me interested. Info dump incoming.

So firstly, GT adds five aspects, Strontio, Nebrisum, Electrum, Magneto, and Radio. There's going to be two primary sources of those, things made of a material that contains them, and there can be some items not derived from those materials that still contain them. Ransacking both the thaumcraft scripts and the GT github to get all of these.

Most notable and mentioned separately because of it is McGuffium 239, which is a fluid that has 8 each of 10 different aspects per bottle. All five GT aspects, vitium, auram, spiritus, alienis, and permutatio, unfortunately Thaumcraft seems to cap things at six different aspects. In my test world it has only alienis, spiritus, vitium, magneto, electrum, and nebrisum, I don't know if that'd be consistent across worlds or instances however.

Naturally there's also mana beans, which are capable of giving every aspect.

The materials are taken straight from the code, some of these are probably not obtainable in InfiTech, but all forms of these of enough quantity should have the aspects. The "Items" lines are anything which is specifically coded to contain that aspect, not based off automatic generation. Amount of that aspect is in brackets, along with any relevant notes on the item. Anything affected by the InfiTech scripts is marked in red, just in case you want to use this anywhere else.
  • Strontio
    • Materials: Strontium (1)
    • Items: EMPTY Schematic (1, this is the schematics used for the GT packager, only the EMPTY one has Strontio)
  • Nebrisum
    • Materials: Osmium (1), Platinum (1), Naquadah (1), Naquadah Alloy (1), Enriched Naquadah (2), Naquadria (3)
    • Items: Platinum Lighter (1), Idun's Apple Juice (9, same as normal GT apple juice but made from Enchanted Golden Apple/Notch Apple), Notch's Cider (9, same as normal GT cider but made from Idun's Apple Juice), Naquadah Cluster (2), Platinum Cluster (2), Ichorthread (1)
  • Electrum
    • Materials: Gallium (1), Niobium (1), Graphene (1), Nikolite (2), Blue Alloy (3)
    • Items: Tricorder (6), Every IC/GT circuit, BC power pipes, and every? GT wire, cable, battery, motor, pump, conveyor, piston, robot arm, field generator, emitter, sensor, and solar panel (Higher tier stuff are worth more)
  • Magneto
    • Materials: Neodymium (2), Meteoric Iron (1), Meteoric Steel (1), Deep Iron (1), Magnetite (1), Vanadium Magnetite (1), Basaltic Mineral Sand (1), Granitic Mineral Sand (1), Magnetic Iron (1), Magnetic Steel (1), Magnetic Neodymium (3)
    • Items: Neodymium Cluster (2)
  • Radio
    • Materials: Americium (1), Caesium (1), Cerium (1), Erbium (1), Europium (1), Gadolinium (1), Holmium (1), Indium (1), Lanthanum (1), Lutetium (1), Plutonium 244 (2), Plutonium 241 (3), Praseodymium (1), Promethium (1), Radon (1), Samarium (1), Scandium (1), Tellurium (1), Terbium (1), Thorium (1), Thulium (1), Uranium 235 (1), Uranium 238 (2), Vanadium (1), Ytterbium (1), Yttrium (1), Naquadah (1), Enriched Naquadah (2), Naquadria (3)
    • Items: Naquadah Cluster (2), Thorium Cluster (2)
Not sure, give a screenshot of that section of your quest book and might be able to help more?

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure, give a screenshot of that section of your quest book and might be able to help more?

it's in spoiler, note that 35/36=97% so I think there was probably 36 quests at some point, and one got removed, that would be my guess... but then everybody should be having the identical issue with their quest books, but there's no reports of such on the forums here.

2017-01-24_08.53.33.png

2017-01-24_08.56.24.png

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
it's in spoiler, note that 35/36=97% so I think there was probably 36 quests at some point, and one got removed, that would be my guess... but then everybody should be having the identical issue with their quest books, but there's no reports of such on the forums here.
There's a quest right in the bottom right you haven't completed, it's a quest to get steel via thaumcraft. You'll have to complete a few thaumcraft quests in order to unlock it.

Reactions: targetingyou78

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
There's a quest right in the bottom right you haven't completed, it's a quest to get steel via thaumcraft. You'll have to complete a few thaumcraft quests in order to unlock it.

Thanks! As you can tell from my book, I'm not a magical-mod kinda person, I'm a techie. LOL

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
dumb question, how can you tell? Color thing? I fail utterly at colors sometimes.
I have HQM open in edit mode in IT2 right now so I can see where every quest is, then as Marc mentioned, I just looked for quests I could see that weren't in the picture.

G

gDev

it is possible to import this pack into curse client? or maybe add instruction how to install it via curse? ftb launcher not available anymore :(

p.s. sorry my english

H

hawki

@Jason McRay It would be sooo good to have sealable ME conduits/cables and GT cables that are sealable for space stations ;)
I know you just make the modpack, but could you perhaps make the thickest GT cable seal? The ender io pipes could seal as well when hidden in a painted block...

N

Navarin

it is possible to import this pack into curse client? or maybe add instruction how to install it via curse? ftb launcher not available anymore :(

p.s. sorry my english

Curse client already has it available for download. Browse all modpacks -> search infitech -> click install.

Reactions: gDev
U

UNG_God

It is impossible to pass the quest Jackhammer

i passed , i dont remember how, but normaly ith some achivements all i need to do is thrown in the ground and pick up.

Hey Blood (or anyone else who understands this works too)

i believe the core heat is the crucial part of it... or maybe it changed over time and bloody did not cared to update it.

I've completed all the Bronze Age quests, but it only says "97% Complete" in my book.

that happens with the updates on the pack, the amount of quest change, some are add or removed and the % gets confused.

I know you just make the modpack, but could you perhaps make the thickest GT cable seal?
you did not asked but i gonna say, just use a transvector to make the jump betwen wall.