[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
On my SMP server I was finally able to make four Advanced Circuits and thus make my Large Steel Boiler Controller, so I got that up and running. I'd like to automate the Boiler, and I already know the RS Latch circuit with a working version of it in my SSP world to copy.

My issue is that in order to use a vanilla Redstone Comparator off my Railcraft Tank, that method relies on signal strength, and it uses the vanilla redstone dust placed on the ground. I find using redstone dust to be messy and prone to problems - think of a water bucket spilling on that floor. Yeah. So I'd much rather use a redstone conduit to transmit the signal strength coming off the Comparator, however the Ender IO Redstone Conduit doesn't transmit signal strength, right? If a signal of strength 1 goes in one end of the conduit, a signal strength of 15 comes out the other end, which renders it useless for the boiler automation circuit. If you know what I'm talking about here and have solved the issue, please pass along your tips and tricks. Thx. Oh, I should mention that, until further notice (much further), any solution involving ComputerCraft will be ignored (so don't bother haha). Thank you for your understanding. :)

Last edited:
S

SmashingQuasar

Well, I just wanted to know how much you modified mods inside this modpack and if I could just update Galacticraft to the 463 build (since I have no idea if you are using 375 build like most other modpacks) or if I need to port changes you made to mods. I'm a dev myself but I just don't want to jump into other people's work that has been heavily modified without any reliable dev-oriented changelog. Adding specific mod is already extremely tedious when GT is installed (considering it often does not play nice at all with other mods, especially mods that add tech & ores) so I guess I'll just have to try to add it and see what happens.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I've a server for a friend and I, we just reach steel age.

What source of power did you use for this age ?

Are Pit Igniter the only source to make charcoal (I know the Coke Oven route but it's so slow).

We like the modpack but the need of constant mining (we have no knowledge of GT) and the difficulty to find ore is really borring.

Part of the progression in any gregtech pack is a lot of mining until you can get to the ways of automating processes and such. The pyrolyse oven is amazing for charcoal production and can be easily automated, but with anything in gregtech its going to take a wail to get to.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged back onto the server I play on, and the chat box has a message "WARNING: 1401 modifications were stuck". Is that a joke and I should be laughing, or did something go terribly wrong and I should be crying? Don't worry, everything seems just fine, so I'm laughing. :) But I never saw that one before, odd.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged back onto the server I play on, and the chat box has a message "WARNING: 1401 modifications were stuck". Is that a joke and I should be laughing, or did something go terribly wrong and I should be crying? Don't worry, everything seems just fine, so I'm laughing. :) But I never saw that one before, odd.
No message like that on my server currently and none of the other players reported a strange message. Hopefully everything stays good for ya

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just wanted to know how much you modified mods inside this modpack and if I could just update Galacticraft to the 463 build (since I have no idea if you are using 375 build like most other modpacks) or if I need to port changes you made to mods. I'm a dev myself but I just don't want to jump into other people's work that has been heavily modified without any reliable dev-oriented changelog. Adding specific mod is already extremely tedious when GT is installed (considering it often does not play nice at all with other mods, especially mods that add tech & ores) so I guess I'll just have to try to add it and see what happens.

You can see what version of galaticraft is being used in the mod folder. Some other helpful tools that are provided to you are the github and changelogs.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
My issue is that in order to use a vanilla Redstone Comparator off my Railcraft Tank, that method relies on signal strength, and it uses the vanilla redstone dust placed on the ground. I find using redstone dust to be messy and prone to problems - think of a water bucket spilling on that floor. Yeah. So I'd much rather use a redstone conduit to transmit the signal strength coming off the Comparator, however the Ender IO Redstone Conduit doesn't transmit signal strength, right? If a signal of strength 1 goes in one end of the conduit, a signal strength of 15 comes out the other end, which renders it useless for the boiler automation circuit. If you know what I'm talking about here and have solved the issue, please pass along your tips and tricks. Thx. Oh, I should mention that, until further notice (much further), any solution involving ComputerCraft will be ignored (so don't bother haha). Thank you for your understanding. :)

I used the bibliocraft bookcase that outputs a RS strength depending on where you put the redstone book in to create a designated signal strength to compare with the comparator. Red alloy wire from ProjectRed will carry a signal without decay, and doesn't break with water.

Reactions: asb3pe
T

targetingyou78

I spent today setting up a server and adding my single player world to it. I saw that message today. I think it might mean that your configs did not match the servers. Because I made some config changes while I was playing by myself but I did not make changes on the server. (just downloaded server and went) then I got this message the first time I logged in to my server I believe. So maybe the server you play on made a config change while you were gone?

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I think you've already touched on what is probably the main issue but I am definitely curious what turbine you used in your test.

Sorry I thought I had responded to your post already. I tried with large cobalt and large tungstensteel turbines. Both had 135-140% efficiency and fairly large optimal inputs so I'd figure they wouldn't bottleneck in any sorta way. Perhaps they're too large and there's a penalty that I'm forgetting for under-inputting below the optimal? If not and they require Huge Turbine Rotors that is just plain not fair.

Another con to the large turbine is automating, which is common with almost all multiblocks. It's not impossible to automate ON/OFF but it is a pain due to the only trigger mechanism (due to limited side access to the controller) being the flow of fuel input. Where as the single block turbines will just stop consuming fuel when they cannot output energy.

Another question for the people here. What's the point of superheated steam with GT? I see the Large Heat Exchanger outputs 1/2 the amount of Super heated steam vs steam, and the HP Steam Turbines output 2 times the amount of energy. Therefore the only real gain to Super heated is slightly higher energy density, thus required smaller pipes/turbine rotors? Really no increase in power efficiency? Honestly thought they'd have like a 20-30% increase in efficiency or something. Or am I missing something? TBH the whole fluid reactor is making my head spin as I can't seem to find much technical documentation.

Also any recommendations for a 5x5 reactor design? I noticed there's a heat up/down time. So a pulsed design with high heat output is probably the preferred method I would assume, but I've always just found a decent reactor design in the thread and used it. The addition of 5x5 reactors, newer/older IC2 versions with changes to values etc. etc. really complicates these designs as you then have to make sure they're still relevant.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
How can i add books to Enchiridion library (the one which opens up on H button)?

I mainly interested in GT Ore-gen book, but it would be nice to know how to add others too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odesseiron

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
How I'm supposed to get Silverwood sapling?

I travel thousands of blocks and haven't found a magic biome.

Are they growing in any biome like greatwood tree in this pack?

Without this saplings can't progress in Thaumcraft.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

A

Alven4

I've a server for a friend and I, we just reach steel age.

What source of power did you use for this age ?

Are Pit Igniter the only source to make charcoal (I know the Coke Oven route but it's so slow).

We like the modpack but the need of constant mining (we have no knowledge of GT) and the difficulty to find ore is really borring.
I am using 2 solar boilers with railcraft iron tank (1x1x2 interior, it has a huge capacity) and one basic steam turbine. It is surprisingly enough, if you don't use more than one electric machine at the moment. I have made only electric machines that increase material usage efficiency and those that are required for progression.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
How I'm supposed to get Silverwood sapling?

I travel thousands of blocks and haven't found a magic biome.

Are they growing in any biome like greatwood tree in this pack?

Without this saplings can't progress in Thaumcraft.

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk
They are only in magical biomes you have to search longer.

T

targetingyou78

I am using 2 solar boilers with railcraft iron tank (1x1x2 interior, it has a huge capacity) and one basic steam turbine. It is surprisingly enough, if you don't use more than one electric machine at the moment. I have made only electric machines that increase material usage efficiency and those that are required for progression.

Hey, just as a heads up. I made the exact same tank to start. (maybe a quest?) but if you are going to use a tank that size I think it has a storage of 256 buckets. It's much smaller to just use a drum from extra utilities. It also has a storage of 256 buckets and it only takes one block. It also only costs six steel and some iron. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey, just as a heads up. I made the exact same tank to start. (maybe a quest?) but if you are going to use a tank that size I think it has a storage of 256 buckets. It's much smaller to just use a drum from extra utilities. It also has a storage of 256 buckets and it only takes one block. It also only costs six steel and some iron. :)
A benefit of the RC tank is actually that it automatically pushes liquids out the bottom faces. So your drum would require either a pump module (which is slower than the RC push) or an enderio fluid conduit or something like that which pulls fluids out.

T

targetingyou78

A benefit of the RC tank is actually that it automatically pushes liquids out the bottom faces. So your drum would require either a pump module (which is slower than the RC push) or an enderio fluid conduit or something like that which pulls fluids out.

Yeah for sure. My comment was just on small railcraft tanks. I made them for creosote and other fluids but after I remembered drums I was like I can take all these tanks and replace them with a few drums xD Also, drums can be moved around without losing the fluid.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Thats new for me. I've only seen the greatwood trees in other biomes but never the silverwood tree.
I've seen several silverwood trees in roofed "mushroom" forest biome. Outside of forest biomes I've only seen greatwood trees.