[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my Electric Chainsaw, and what a difference it makes. Of course, I can't even cut down my 6x3 tree farm in one shot, because LV doesn't hold a lot of charge, but it's the savings in materials that's the real bonus, I shudder to think how many axes I went thru up until this point in the game. No more!

P.S. Thanks Sven, sure enough, I found 3 ingots of Manganese in a chest somewhere and that made me 27 ingots of Stainless Steel so not only was I able to make the Chainsaw, but the Electric Drill as well. Of course, the power issue with that tool is gonna be even worse than the Chainsaw, because I can't be running back to base to recharge it every 10 minutes, so I need to come up with a way to recharge it on the fly. What's the standard way to do that? They didn't make the tool so the battery can be removed and replaced with a full one in the field, which is unfortunate.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got my Electric Chainsaw, and what a difference it makes. Of course, I can't even cut down my 6x3 tree farm in one shot, because LV doesn't hold a lot of charge, but it's the savings in materials that's the real bonus, I shudder to think how many axes I went thru up until this point in the game. No more!

P.S. Thanks Sven, sure enough, I found 3 ingots of Manganese in a chest somewhere and that made me 27 ingots of Stainless Steel so not only was I able to make the Chainsaw, but the Electric Drill as well. Of course, the power issue with that tool is gonna be even worse than the Chainsaw, because I can't be running back to base to recharge it every 10 minutes, so I need to come up with a way to recharge it on the fly. What's the standard way to do that? They didn't make the tool so the battery can be removed and replaced with a full one in the field, which is unfortunate.
ANy armro that has a charge on it (I.e: Lappack, Nano Chest Plate, etc.) You simply right lcick with nyour tool and it will drain the armor to charge itself.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What's this 6x3 tree?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
ANy armro that has a charge on it (I.e: Lappack, Nano Chest Plate, etc.) You simply right lcick with nyour tool and it will drain the armor to charge itself.

Thanks. I got slightly worried when the Advanced Charging Battery didn't charge up in the LV Battery Buffer Box. Luckily, I have one MV Battery Buffer for my EBF, however my fear was that my spiffy new battery wasn't gonna recharge my LV electric tools. However, a quick test comfirmed that it does indeed work just fine, and better yet, it charges the tools automatically (at a slow rate but that's fine) and does it from a non-hotbar inventory spot. That is perfect! Thanks a bunch for the tip.

What's this 6x3 tree?

Yeah I meant a 6x3=18 tree farm. I've since reduced to 4x3, mainly because my shiny new chainsaw allows me to easily keep pace with the much slower Charcoal Pit. I think even 12 of the 4x4 Spruces is more than I need, but I won't reduce it further. I chose a flat Meadow biome for my base location and really like the look of the tall trees since it's the only way to give the area some 3-dimensionality... at least until I get my skyscraper going skyward. :)

T

targetingyou78

That mod is interesting. Wish it was more than just standard bees. Also, I am not worried about mutating the bees. I just wanted to know if there was a good way of organizing them all. I like to keep an apiary of each bee. Also, congrats on getting your electric tools. They are so much better than the non electric equivalent!

I noticed that the Golden comb does not have a recipe with Magnetite to make Gold but the Aurilia leaf does. Is this just a missing recipe or is this intended?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Which would you say is better, and why? Biogas or Methane? I went Wheat>Plantball>BioChaff>Industrial Biomass>Biogas and have been very happy to see how it easily powers my EBF with 5 Basic Gas Turbines. But I also see Methane provides approx 50% more EU than Biogas does, so I'm thinking maybe that's a better route? Processing the wheat only requires the Solid/Fluid Canner and I'm using 4 Distilleries. It's still a very slow process with the Distilleries being the bottleneck. But it's also a very easy process that my Large Bronze Boiler can keep ahead of.

My first thought for Methane is make a melon farm out of pistons, something that can be easily automated on a timer or a daylight sensor. For anyone who runs Methane, is this a good method? What are some other ideas? How does it compare to BioGas, speed-wise, assuming I can expand the melon farm as large as necessary? Will I need a massive large farm or will it run on a reasonable small melon farm? What other crops or things could I consider? Potatoes and Carrots I suppose, but then I'm back to manual farming them. The beauty of melons is I think it can be relatively easily automated and scaled up for the cost of the pistons.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
(RE: Biogas) )Your choice of crop is limited to sugar, cactus, melon, or pumpkin. Or mob drops if you build a grinder. Move a bunch of sinister nodes under your workshop- those things vomit zombies everywhere :)
Cactus has the interesting advantage of self harvesting.
A mobfarm can also produce a few ender pearls and other goodies- might be a useful investment anyway.​

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, old Infitech player here. Just picking it up again after a year or so, and am haltingly getting mid-range MV tier. Just kinda spinning my heels at the moment however, since I'm somewhat at a crossroads.

I do have plenty of stainless after raiding 3 redstone veins, but am having a tough time figuring out my next step in power gen. I've been reading through the thread, and trying to determine what are some of you using to power your HV tier?

My current setup includes a small forestry farm (self sustaining, just add fert) with 27 coke ovens and about 100k of charcoal set aside, running boilers on creosote. I void thousands of excess saplings, and have 200k of logs left over. Using a railcraft train to move it to the base.

1 mid size HP Railcraft boiler for constant use and a bronze gt boiler for burst needs when I'm doing a few stacks in the EBF. Feeds into a max size iron RC tank for steam buffer.
I have a vanilla style Mob grinder with diamond spikes set up that supplies most of my gold needs, and I end up voiding most of the gunpowder/bones/flesh right now.

I've tried several setups in creative to utilize all that rotten flesh for methane, but can't really set something up that feeds a 3x array of turbo Gas Gens that seems to return more power than it takes to produce.
I have been attempting some of the HQM quests for direction, I do have the oil drill tower and a decent spot, though not currently refining oil.

So basically wondering should I stick with steam? Find a methane or biogas setup? Or move into Nitro diesel (and if so does someone have a decent HV setup for it)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
(RE: Biogas) )Your choice of crop is limited to sugar, cactus, melon, or pumpkin. Or mob drops if you build a grinder. Move a bunch of sinister nodes under your workshop- those things vomit zombies everywhere :)
Cactus has the interesting advantage of self harvesting.
A mobfarm can also produce a few ender pearls and other goodies- might be a useful investment anyway.​

Yeah I've been debating a vanilla mob farm, just to get some ender pearls. Being on a server can cause some issues tho, don't want to cause lag and bog down other players. On the bright side, I haven't seen this modpack or the server I'm on suffer from "lack of mob spawns" which I've dealt with in the past on other servers and packs.

I actually have 2 skeleton spawners each within 30 blocks of the lower floor of my base... still havent figured out what to do with them. Can't get methane from skeles. I did find a zombie spawner as well, but that's a considerable distance away from base.

Biogas is working so well, I really don't see any huge need to switch over to methane, but if I could set up a second processing line with a different form of energy, that's probably a very good idea, if for no other reason than to learn.

But my next step up probably should be oil processing, not methane (which might be more of a waste of time better spent elsewhere)? I dunno. Been procrastinating about making a GT Pump and figuring out how to pump some oil.

T

targetingyou78

So basically wondering should I stick with steam? Find a methane or biogas setup? Or move into Nitro diesel (and if so does someone have a decent HV setup for it)

I'm a pretty new player but I am currently getting into HV era. Just got my Universal macerator up and running. As of right now I have a Steel Large GT Boiler going and have that powering three MV turbines. I have a 16 battery buffer that runs into a LV and HV transformer. So I convert up for HV and down for LV. I'm not sure if this will be enough as I get higher but for now it works. I can power my Universal macerator. I tend to keep all my processing automated and in the LV tech and just run higher machines when needed.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a pretty new player but I am currently getting into HV era. Just got my Universal macerator up and running. As of right now I have a Steel Large GT Boiler going and have that powering three MV turbines. I have a 16 battery buffer that runs into a LV and HV transformer. So I convert up for HV and down for LV. I'm not sure if this will be enough as I get higher but for now it works. I can power my Universal macerator. I tend to keep all my processing automated and in the LV tech and just run higher machines when needed.

I'm surprised a single Steel Large Boiler can run 3 MV Turbines, but perhaps you have a lot of downtime with your machines?

Great feedback on your setup, thanks. I never really considered generating my power at MV and converting both up and down as needed. That's probably where I went wrong last play-thru, I tried to stay "linear" - make all LV machines with LV Turbines, then swap it all out for MV, and then swap them all out one final time for HV. I never got to the last part because I just could not generate HV-level power, and I had TWO Large Boilers going around the clock, both a Steel and a Titanium Boiler!!

But with the 16 MV batteries, you've got roughly 3.5 amps of HV (It should be 4 amps, but I'm assuming 0.5 amps of losses but it's just a guess)... I gotta ponder this a bit, your method seems very good indeed. With only 3 MV turbines to generate, I bet your batteries run down real quick, but maybe you don't do a lot of processing at HV levels?

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly steam is just too awesome not to utilize. 1 Large Steel boiler outputs 24000 mb steam/second, 1 Large Steam Turbine with Large Cobalt Turbine inserted consumes 24,000 mb steam/second with 135% efficiency, so I've found those to be the perfect match. Ive got 2 boilers feeding 2 turbines for ~1560 eu/t endlessly, just having to supply fertilizer and dirt to a large forestry farm. Once you can afford Pyroluse Oven, and a single Large turbine, you can scale to your needs quite easily whether they be MV, HV, or even EV, without requiring super rare materials.

I originally used buildcraft gates on a large steel RC tank to automate the ON/OFF of the boilers, then couldn't find a method of reading the EU of GT battery boxes (Nuclear control had nice visuals, but not much in terms of automating, comparators/covers I didnt find very flexible) so added Computercraft because I wanted to fiddle with code and had time on my hands. Now I've finally completed a modular touchscreen control display, as well as a tank/batbox display that allows complete automation of toggling boiler/steam/turbine/fission reactors with manual override that I have to say (not having much computer scripting experience) I'm very proud of.

My current hold up has been osmium, which pretty much forces you to use bees/crops I find. I had 40+ osmium before sinking into the damn quest for HV (or was it EV?) UUM replicators/producers etc. I've nearly depleted 2 Iridium veins just for that small amount. Stacks upon stacks of Iridium, and barely any Osmium (am I doing something wrong?), at least it motivates me to produce more power for UUM.

Pictures of steam setup and computercraft junk in the link:

http://imgur.com/a/U6OBQ

Honestly I'd love to see more GT images from people. Love the pack, coming from Beyond Reality which I thought was amazing, I've been blown away with IT2. Much appreciated all the work that goes into it!

T

targetingyou78

I'm surprised a single Steel Large Boiler can run 3 MV Turbines, but perhaps you have a lot of downtime with your machines?
I only have 2 HV machines at this time and yeah I only use them really when recipes require. The HV macerator is nice because it gives bonus yields so I use it often now but yeah, I I'm not aggressively progressing so I can charge them up and they will last forever if I'm just running LV machines. Like Captain_Oats says, eventually you'll get a Large Steam Turbine which I think is more efficient than the Steam Turbines and can easily run off of one or two Large Boilers depending on how much EU/t you want.

Honestly steam is just too awesome not to utilize. 1 Large Steel boiler outputs 24000 mb steam/second, 1 Large Steam Turbine with Large Cobalt Turbine inserted consumes 24,000 mb steam/second with 135% efficiency, so I've found those to be the perfect match. Ive got 2 boilers feeding 2 turbines for ~1560 eu/t endlessly, just having to supply fertilizer and dirt to a large forestry farm. Once you can afford Pyroluse Oven, and a single Large turbine, you can scale to your needs quite easily whether they be MV, HV, or even EV, without requiring super rare materials.

I don't have a Large Turbine yet. I recently unlocked it in the quest book but I've been having some fun with bees and building concrete roads everywhere. My favorite part of minecraft is when you look at the map and slowly see the world be devoured by your farms and mining.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
@starwolf Steam is amazing, I've got quite a large steam setup at my base using a combination of large turbines and the smaller turbines (generating power where I have the machines that need it) If you want to take a look at my setup you can jump on my server. Im not the only one with large steam setups either so some of the other players may be willing to show you how they did it as well. If you are interested, just shoot me a PM and send you info. Were running version 3.2.17.

T

targetingyou78

I just got a lapotron crystal. I can't seem to charge it... is there anyway to charge it?

T

targetingyou78

Lol what the heck. Why did I just have a quest to make one in the MV/HV era. xD Guess I'll go put it into storage. Thanks

Last edited:

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if we can remove Extra Biomes XL and use RTG? (Realistic Terrain Generation).

I really not big into EBXL and would rather use vanilla or something like RTG. But not sure if there is anything special set per biomes and such that you might need Extra biomes XL for.

I think it's fine I fixed the scripts but if some how special stuff were done for biome types I'm screwed?

But either way I removed EBXL Entries for buildcraft, gt_ic2, stevescarts2, tcaspects, ttkami.

Last edited: