[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
suggestion: removal of the "three copper ingots, one tin ingot" into a bronze ingot. make people grind them into dust, mix, smelt.

copper and tin into bronze is the only ingot-based ingot-resulting recipe i know of, and have seen (and have gotten to)..start a good habit, go the dust route, ingot mixing not being a direct option

Reread your post: "... into a bronze ingot ..." That's right, you get one bronze ingot out of three copper and one tin ingot. That's a 4:1 ingot ratio, consuming three of the ingots to return one ingot, right there. If I recall right, from playing earlier versions of this pack, there are Gregtech recipes that make more ingots out of the same number of ingots. In most other packs, you get a 1:1 ratio of input ingots into output ingots. Not here, you get a quarter of your investment back. :D

The balance here is that yes you can get bronze ingots if you're in a hurry for them and don't care about wastage, but early-game, you would care quite a bit about wastage of ingots because the Bronze Age machines are so expensive!

HTH.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Reread your post: "... into a bronze ingot ..." That's right, you get one bronze ingot out of three copper and one tin ingot. That's a 4:1 ingot ratio, consuming three of the ingots to return one ingot, right there. If I recall right, from playing earlier versions of this pack, there are Gregtech recipes that make more ingots out of the same number of ingots. In most other packs, you get a 1:1 ratio of input ingots into output ingots. Not here, you get a quarter of your investment back. :D

The balance here is that yes you can get bronze ingots if you're in a hurry for them and don't care about wastage, but early-game, you would care quite a bit about wastage of ingots because the Bronze Age machines are so expensive!

HTH.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
i see. so you can dust it for more, but..still..why is it there >.< that's confusing. some newbie is going to go "how do i make bronze ingots?" and first find the 4 into 1..

oh well. thanks.

(now i'm upset i wasted so much)

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some magic to get fluid regulators to work? They won't work no matter what I do. I've tried:
  • Negitive values
  • Positive values
  • Input configuration
  • Output configuration
  • Powering the pipe
  • Adding a machine controller and activating it
  • All of the above in every possible configuration
No dice. Absolutely nothing. Are they just broken?

Last edited:

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
ok i will expand on a previous question that was answered..

i'd like to cut down entire, complicated trees. The axe of the stream is quite cute but is little better..actually almost NO better than a wrought iron GT axe...it only chops connected tree logs, not diagonal ones.

i'm too use to MFR Harvesters and the like...i've used Forestry tree farms before in a skyblock. do they work the same way? are they hard to get into in infitech 2?

edit: as expected the forestry tree farm will be a pain to get into..

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

i'd like to cut down entire, complicated trees. The axe of the stream is quite cute but is little better..actually almost NO better than a wrought iron GT axe...it only chops connected tree logs, not diagonal ones.

i'm too use to MFR Harvesters and the like...i've used Forestry tree farms before in a skyblock. do they work the same way? are they hard to get into in infitech 2?

No, this level of automation is explicitly expected to be annoying/difficult/later game.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Regarding MFR Harvesters, Guude and Jsano tested the ExtraBiomesXL trees and no, the MFR Harvester will not chop down those trees, nor will the MFR Planter plant their saplings. Although it takes quite a while, however, it will cut down Natura Redwood trees but only from the surface of the farm itself. You'd have to deal with the root systems manually. You'd basically be installing an extra mod that won't help at all with automation of the ExtraBiomesXL tree types. ;)

Not that Natura Redwood trees are a problem in this modpack since they aren't in it.

It's probably quite a hike through this modpack's tech tree to get one, but your best bet is to get any kind of flying equipment that is in this modpack if you want to cut down the more complicated ExtraBiomesXL trees. :D Manual pillars of cobble and sneak-building platforms in the sky to reach the topmost branches is a possibility but rather time-consuming.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
i see. so you can dust it for more, but..still..why is it there >.< that's confusing. some newbie is going to go "how do i make bronze ingots?" and first find the 4 into 1..

oh well. thanks.

(now i'm upset i wasted so much)
The reason the recipe is there is because of the Alloy smelter machine.

Have you considered Ender IO? Unless the tree is extremely high, it should work (can't remember which tree you are talking about tbh.)

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
The reason the recipe is there is because of the Alloy smelter machine.

Have you considered Ender IO? Unless the tree is extremely high, it should work (can't remember which tree you are talking about tbh.)
interesting about the alloy smelter recipe thing..

no, Ender IO's farm station doesn't let me plant, no does it detect mature trees.
here's what the tree looks like using BDCraft, so similar to this. even the vanilla bark tree wood is nice looking. I'll be moving onto darker wood once I build a big house.
http://imgur.com/a/XNH19

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

First time playing gregs craziness and gotta admit, its not that crazy and actually a lot of fun!
So, I have 2 questions for the experts around here:
  1. Farms, are they supposed to be a mid-end game magical crops style of acquiring resources so we dont have to keep looking for new ore nodes and avoid making huge holes every other chunk? Or just just that, funny farms to waste time but not really worth the time invested except for leisure?
  2. I noticed some alternative ores like Casserite, after being double macerated to get the impure dust can still be processed in other machines but, they always have a lower yield if they are processed instead of smelted! Am I missing why we would still process them or are those extra steps just a waste since the impure dusts of these alternative ores will always be smelted?
Thanks

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
For those that just got into LV:
Did a minimalistic low tech version of the steam to methane setup. Should be perfect for those that have just gotten the most important LV machines.

http://prntscr.com/cz8uie
One might need to add 1 extra coal boiler at start to build up hydrogen.

The drum im using (256K) for the methane storage is equal to 25750 buckets of steam (more than a max size steel railcraft tank) so it is quite a good energy storage medium compared to steam. The ashes produced from the coal boilers should also reduce the need for carbon dust if not eliminate it.

Also since it uses high pressure coal boilers the efficiency is at a maximum of 48k steam per charcoal so you are getting the maximum amount of energy from your charcoal. The setup produces 63.4 eu/tick worth of fuel and consumes 1 charcoal every 12 seconds so you need to refill once every 2.84 hours if you fill them all with a stack of charcoal. twice that with coke

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

First time playing gregs craziness and gotta admit, its not that crazy and actually a lot of fun!
So, I have 2 questions for the experts around here:
  1. Farms, are they supposed to be a mid-end game magical crops style of acquiring resources so we dont have to keep looking for new ore nodes and avoid making huge holes every other chunk? Or just just that, funny farms to waste time but not really worth the time invested except for leisure?
  2. I noticed some alternative ores like Casserite, after being double macerated to get the impure dust can still be processed in other machines but, they always have a lower yield if they are processed instead of smelted! Am I missing why we would still process them or are those extra steps just a waste since the impure dusts of these alternative ores will always be smelted?
Thanks

Welcome to the madness :)

1. Farms have been made to be mid-ish tier. Using ic2 crops is not to everyone's taste (excepting @UNG_God) but they can provide infinite resources if you have a lot of patience. It's not necessary because ore veins are pretty huge so you usually won't have to find more than a few of any one type. I find exploring and mining very relaxing so have never taken farming very far.

There's also thaumcraft, which has been heavily modified for infitech and includes a lot of transmutations and efficencies.

And there's always bees.

2. There's usually a host of ways of processing ores, some more useful than others. You should take a bit of care to work out what's best for your situation. There are times when you absolutely need the extra product and not need the primary. Not playing at the moment and can't remember if cassiterite has any useful extras.

Watch out for the thermal centrifuge though - should be used sparingly as it soaks up a lot of energy.

U

UNG_God

well it seems that after so much time we finally got the reduction on tier for the crops leafs, i was worried we would never get it, now it is possible to automate that.

Idk if anyone else noticed, but the tool tips for some gt steam related items are misleading, before the update of pollution, large bronze boiler was saying to produce 16000 steam, after it says 32000 , same thing thing with some turbines saying the amount being double of what used to be , but after testing out, it is not, it is still the old value.

I am using an additional mod in the modpack (aside in game info to shown the day to my views so i dont need to say how much time passed) , flax beards, that is a very nice early game mod to have, and one OP item allowed me to gain nuggets (chance) when destroy world generated stone , i used on the past to test and got almost (or all) gt possible nuggets; now after the update that removed most of meta metals and the fix for it, allot of those nuggets are called meta item, it is not a complain, just something nice to say.

i am still at doubt about : https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/posts/1711944/
does it means i did not passed the minimum of goodness ? no worries if so just want to know if it was ignored or the other option.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
well it seems that after so much time we finally got the reduction on tier for the crops leafs, i was worried we would never get it, now it is possible to automate that.

Sorry do you mind explaining what you mean? Are you referring to the nerf of crops vs bees to make them equal for UUM production of products?

Idk if anyone else noticed, but the tool tips for some gt steam related items are misleading, before the update of pollution, large bronze boiler was saying to produce 16000 steam, after it says 32000 , same thing thing with some turbines saying the amount being double of what used to be , but after testing out, it is not, it is still the old value.

The large boilers were buffed a few updates ago (maybe a couple months ago even). Bronze got doubled, however the tooltip was slightly misleading; in that they buffed the efficiency not the output rate. If I recall correctly, the bronze still outputs 16000 steam/second, but now burns a charcoal over 2 seconds instead of 1.

Having a quick glance the tool tips appear correct, and now actually state the burn rate, where as before they didn't.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any early/mid-game tools that are actually any good for digging?
I want to make my base underground and a need to do a LOT of digging and seriously, I dont think pickaxes will cut it! I am not looking for some TC hammer equivalent but maybe something better then wrought iron pick that also does not requires me to already have a bunch of machines to get some good materials...

Does the vanilla diamond pick is changed by GT or does it work like a vanilla pick that can also be enchanted? A vanilla diamond pickaxe might work for what I need!

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make my base underground and a need to do a LOT of digging and seriously, I dont think pickaxes will cut it! I am not looking for some TC hammer equivalent but maybe something better then wrought iron pick that also does not requires me to already have a bunch of machines to get some good materials...

Does the vanilla diamond pick is changed by GT or does it work like a vanilla pick that can also be enchanted? A vanilla diamond pickaxe might work for what I need!
Yes "Vanilla" GT tools can be enchanted. By "Vanilla" I mean the GT Recipe with the 2 stick added.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Vanilla tools can be crafted using the 'tool head' GT recipes, with an additional two sticks for the handle. However decent enchantments can be tricky as paper is a little finicky to craft.
Explosives also work quite well if you have gunpowder.