[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The connection to the panel does just not show, but it works.
I expect the internal buffer of the battery buffer not to be full, so you have to wait or check with a scanner.

C

ColdComfort

The connection to the panel does just not show, but it works.
I expect the internal buffer of the battery buffer not to be full, so you have to wait or check with a scanner.
Hm, it's run several Minecraft days, and I'm still getting 0 power stored in the buffer, even when scanned. The tooltip for the wire says it has 1EU/Amp/M loss still though?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you are using Wire, that has loss. you need to insulate it into cable for it to have no loss. Then it will start making energy.

C

ColdComfort

Oh, you are using Wire, that has loss. you need to insulate it into cable for it to have no loss. Then it will start making energy.
:/ Made cables, still doesn't work. Also generates no power if I stick the solar panel just on top of the buffer either. (Can the really basic one be disabled??)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Quickly tested, does work.
Also solar panel directly on buffer does work for me. do you have battery inside? then tested with scanner if internal buffer starts to fill?

C

ColdComfort

Yeah, there's a battery inside, and when scanned, it says 0 EU, after a few days. I wonder if it's been disabled somehow in server config? I'll hassle the guy who set it up. Thanks for the help though! Be cool to get that working.

!! Never mind, it started work magically after the server reset, with no changes whatsoever. No idea why, but now it's working! Thanks!

Last edited:

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's a battery inside, and when scanned, it says 0 EU, after a few days. I wonder if it's been disabled somehow in server config? I'll hassle the guy who set it up. Thanks for the help though! Be cool to get that working.

!! Never mind, it started work magically after the server reset, with no changes whatsoever. No idea why, but now it's working! Thanks!
I'm curious now..what would cause this? Does it not update itself when a cable is placed nearby?

I've run into this before too.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I guess just looked wrongly on the scan. It has multiple lines that show EU, but only one for internal buffer.

Or maybe it was night before?

All the long runtime before did not work because of using a wire with loss instead of a cable.

There is no config to disable solars themselfes, only the recipes.

shadoxxHD

Jul 29, 2019
This is done within InfinityCore mod, so it doesnt cause problems for those who disable Chicken Chunkloaders, because they are bit buggy at times
I suppose the changes are hardcoded and can't be changed via config? if so, does the mod have protection against bytecode modifications?

D

Dephyant

I just got into the early LV quests and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on simplifying the crafting setup with workbenches for the different components, are there any components I should make a ton of ahead of time? I'd like to setup a smooth workflow from the start but as it's my first real time through gregtech I'm not to sure whats to come and what I'll need and I'd hate to waste hours running back and forth making 2 of this and 4 of that if I can streamline it from the start.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
what's the range on a hammer's prospect? it seems..semi-unreliable. it can say "found traces of" for the thaumcraft crystals, dig a bit forward, no traces..dig some more, material changes..dig once more, those crystals..

i'm struggling to find casseterite (tin) ores, which i need. i found some tin ingots from spawner chest dungeon things..not enough. yes i am putting 3 chunks distance between each vertical shaft and digging down to y=40. nothing yet. TONS of gold so far though

edit: did the washing quest, opened the bag, 19 more tin ingots. i'm set for a bit thanks to serendipity, but, not forever

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update v3.2.15
Coming out soon
Mod Updates:
- NuclearControl 2 -> 2.4.2a
- HQM -> 4.4.4a - CUSTOMIZED

Changes/Fixes:
- Sadles can now be crafted (thanks @Nex4rius)
- Re-enabled Vanilla doors animations
- Unified usage of Empty Cells and Universal Cells in recipes (thanks @Nex4rius)
- Nerfed Alloy Bags
- Fixed crash with Nuclear Control
- Fixed crash with teams in HQM (huge thanks to @pgelinas)
- Workaround fix for missing recipe for H-D Alloy
- Fixed Quicksilver Drop dupe
Out of curiosity, I haven't upgraded from 3.2.10.1 due to the "bugs" i've been hearing about. Are most of them fixed in 3.2.15? I'm eager to have pollution activated :D

R

Rogash

I just got into the early LV quests and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on simplifying the crafting setup with workbenches for the different components, are there any components I should make a ton of ahead of time? I'd like to setup a smooth workflow from the start but as it's my first real time through gregtech I'm not to sure whats to come and what I'll need and I'd hate to waste hours running back and forth making 2 of this and 4 of that if I can streamline it from the start.
If you're not swimming in resources don't make bigger amounts of components before you have the corresponding machines to make the components more efficiently. Then however I'd say to make stuff like wires always in full stacks and motors machine hulls and rotors and circuits at least in groups of 20s for pumps I was usually doing sets of 10. Another option would be setting up logistics pipes or later ae2 for the most needed components

D

Dephyant

So I've started an InfiTech2 LP. Is Chalco... stuff generating properly? Branch mining doesn't seem to be turning up much.
I generated my world in 3.2.14 and have a chalcopyrite vein so it should be fine.

If you're not swimming in resources don't make bigger amounts of components before you have the corresponding machines to make the components more efficiently. Then however I'd say to make stuff like wires always in full stacks and motors machine hulls and rotors and circuits at least in groups of 20s for pumps I was usually doing sets of 10. Another option would be setting up logistics pipes or later ae2 for the most needed components

Thanks for the tip, I've got the first few machines made and have had my macerators and blast furnaces running non stop with iron tin and copper so I should be good in resources. Now If I could just find galena/lead so I can make some power storage before I set up the machines and generate power. I've been digging holes all over and no luck. Driving me up the wall lol.

R

Rogash

I generated my world in 3.2.14 and have a chalcopyrite vein so it should be fine.

Thanks for the tip, I've got the first few machines made and have had my macerators and blast furnaces running non stop with iron tin and copper so I should be good in resources. Now If I could just find galena/lead so I can make some power storage before I set up the machines and generate power. I've been digging holes all over and no luck. Driving me up the wall lol.

Just setup thaumcraft transmutation of lead or battery alloy. You don't necessarily need a galena vein.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

At the very early stage, I roam around a lot picking up every small ore I can find, especially hills/mountains since there's a lot of exposed stone. It's usually enough to get a few batteries going.

Reactions: Bob558
L

Lithorn

My servers TPS frequently goes past 20.. and has been since I can remember installing this back in .11. This causes machines to speed up from time to time, and blocks to rollback due to mining speed being corrected. What could or would cause something to make the tps jump to 30-40 or higher? Fastcraft? Another mod? IM using the standard server setup thats downloaded from the FTB launcher, nothing extra.