[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I generated my world in 3.2.14 and have a chalcopyrite vein so it should be fine.

Thanks for the tip, I've got the first few machines made and have had my macerators and blast furnaces running non stop with iron tin and copper so I should be good in resources. Now If I could just find galena/lead so I can make some power storage before I set up the machines and generate power. I've been digging holes all over and no luck. Driving me up the wall lol.

And that's why GregTech oregen is the best in the business. :D I do a grid, one vertical shaft to bedrock every 3 chunks (every 50 blocks or so). Early game, use a bazillion ladders, I finally was able to make myself a NanoSuit with flight capability which eliminates the need for the ladders.

Reactions: SolManX

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If you're getting stuck for metals, dig into Thaumcraft a little.

You can transfigure metals from one type to another into another (Gt adds just about every metal and alloy). Once you've found a few nuggets from poor ore, you can replicate them indefinitely from whatever metal deposit is closest.
Research into the Thaumatorium to make automating it a little easier. (Alembic -> Essentia tubes -> Centrifuge -> Thaumatorium)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you're getting stuck for metals, dig into Thaumcraft a little.

You can transfigure metals from one type to another into another (Gt adds just about every metal and alloy). Once you've found a few nuggets from poor ore, you can replicate them indefinitely from whatever metal deposit is closest.
Research into the Thaumatorium to make automating it a little easier. (Alembic -> Essentia tubes -> Centrifuge -> Thaumatorium)
This optional integration is one of my favorite elements of the pack.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, what's the range on hammers for prospecting..? Got an iron one, "traces of tin" was found (made me happy)..never ran into it in that direction. It said magnetite and gold, found the gold and magnetite vein..BUT I NEED THAT TIN!

how does the range work?
does it false positive?
does it count "small" ore?

edit: ok it was a small tin ore..so sad. i need a vein

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
And that's why GregTech oregen is the best in the business. :D I do a grid, one vertical shaft to bedrock every 3 chunks (every 50 blocks or so). Early game, use a bazillion ladders, I finally was able to make myself a NanoSuit with flight capability which eliminates the need for the ladders.

A biogas jetpack will do the trick as well :)

U

UNG_God

Ok, what's the range on hammers for prospecting..?
5x5 around the block of clicking , it is really not usefull, tin is inhumanely rare to find, on my maps, of the 30 veins i have recorded, only one was tin. Quest book shopping is your best friend for now, or you could go for ic2 crops (as if) .

Off topic, and this is very offensive, on some quests when i see what it ask me to craft, i just think "what are you thinking by asking for this!" , one extreme is the replication and amplification quest, i will never make those. why not make like the cracked fuel where you can chose a path and stick to it.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
5x5 around the block of clicking , it is really not usefull, tin is inhumanely rare to find, on my maps, of the 30 veins i have recorded, only one was tin. Quest book shopping is your best friend for now, or you could go for ic2 crops (as if) .

Another problem..I cannot manually detect, nor select task for "There is a shop in Town"..

I do have a blue credit, same one in the book, but unable to do anything, and it's not completed.

I thought the most recent patch fixes HQM book issues..I'm just going to force complete it :/

edit: nevermind..need to craft..doesn't say craft, doesn't say you MUST MAKE IT, just..that you CAN.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
The reward bags seem to be heavily weighted to rewards near the start of the list, despite having even weights for rewards in the json file. Is there some kind of bug in the code?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Tin's an issue? I found a big surface vein out on an ocean island, with 10-15 ore on the surface, plus whatever could be further down. I'm currently hunting for a second diamond for my Steam Macerator.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be really lucky regards tin - in my last world I literally fell onto a vein through a 1-block hole on the surface.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly the missing item where as it would name items with generic Gregtech names.
Those should be all fixed.
The reward bags seem to be heavily weighted to rewards near the start of the list, despite having even weights for rewards in the json file. Is there some kind of bug in the code?
It is wierd one. I personally opened in my testing 20-30 bags and got fair diversity of items. I am watching one LPer who was opening the low tier bags and got tons of El. pistons, 13 almost every time. I reported it, but due to it not being recreatable its hard to find a fix. Fortunately at least you can use Arc Furnace to break the components down to get some Steel, Copper, Tin and Wrought Iron :)

L

Lithorn

Correct me if im wrong, but Large Turbines explode if their output goes over their rated dynamo yes? Like producing 513 on a 512 hatch. Im not sure how this thing works. Calls for 2 hatches, 1 input 1 output.. That mean I'll get water back like with BR Turbines? Says steam turbines dont need muffler yeah?

Side note. Large turbines seem to be really good with steam vs those single block generators.. takes like 10-20 buckets /t just to get the 512 version at full speed.. but with this turbine, I only need 400/t of steam to produce 400eu/t

About reward bags.. Their loot weight is really bad. What am I gona do with 50 bronze sensors??

Last edited:

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Correct me if im wrong, but Large Turbines explode if their output goes over their rated dynamo yes? Like producing 513 on a 512 hatch. Im not sure how this thing works. Calls for 2 hatches, 1 input 1 output.. That mean I'll get water back like with BR Turbines? Says steam turbines dont need muffler yeah?

Side note. Large turbines seem to be really good with steam vs those single block generators.. takes like 10-20 buckets /t just to get the 512 version at full speed.. but with this turbine, I only need 400/t of steam to produce 400eu/t

About reward bags.. Their loot weight is really bad. What am I gona do with 50 bronze sensors??
Yes, you get water back. Yes, dynamo hatch (and everything around it ;p) will explode if it gets to much voltage. Always use bigger dynamo hatch than you need, just in case.

L

Lithorn

Yes, you get water back. Yes, dynamo hatch (and everything around it ;p) will explode if it gets to much voltage. Always use bigger dynamo hatch than you need, just in case.

Can I leave them running like BR turbines and just lose energy or will they explode if left on too long? Will they explode if they have no steam, I suppose not as this isnt a boiler

What would happen if I feed it more steam than needed? 500/t when it calls for 400/t?

What happens if the output fills with water and cant expend any more?

Got worried so this is what I did.

I vented the water into a liquid void trashcan. I can't tell if excess steam is good or bad. Power is flowing just fine, better than my HV Turbo steam gen, for much less steam. Using a Cobalt Small turbine, seems like it'll last a while at the current rate, specially since cobalt is so easily obtained.

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

It is wierd one. I personally opened in my testing 20-30 bags and got fair diversity of items.

try opening one bags, them wait one minute and open another, as i experienced, is better to acumulate some bags to open in a row because we get better loot.

Will they explode if they have no steam, I suppose not as this isnt a boiler
they just dont work
What would happen if I feed it more steam than needed?
the excess steam is either voided if there is no where to go or go to next output , my steel large boiler can work two large turbine at same time.
What happens if the output fills with water and cant expend any more?
it gets voided, it is not ic2 steam system, any excess is voided.

L

Lithorn

try opening one bags, them wait one minute and open another, as i experienced, is better to acumulate some bags to open in a row because we get better loot.

they just dont work

the excess steam is either voided if there is no where to go or go to next output , my steel large boiler can work two large turbine at same time.

it gets voided, it is not ic2 steam system, any excess is voided.

1 HP boiler IIRC is 750/t of steam, right? I take it you are using an ender farm or forestry farm to burn trees? Im using a big reactor to output 400 steam give or take +30, uses .1mb/t of fuel atm

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion: removal of the "three copper ingots, one tin ingot" into a bronze ingot. make people grind them into dust, mix, smelt.

copper and tin into bronze is the only ingot-based ingot-resulting recipe i know of, and have seen (and have gotten to)..start a good habit, go the dust route, ingot mixing not being a direct option