[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else crashing when you access the arcane infusion page of the thaumonomicon in the newest version 3.2.13? (its been a client side crash so far)

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to find the 3x3 chunk grid and it didn't work out. Half the ore veins are centered on a chunk boundary instead of the middle of a 3x3 square, and they don't line up with eachother.

That said, if you follow a 3x3 grid pattern, the furthest away you can be from the center of an ore vein is one chunk, diagonally. That's probably close enough to catch everything.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a lot and/or has implemented solid super fuel production? Ive looked into it a bit and by the looks of it it seems extremly interesting. I think it might be a nice route to go for when going from an oil based energy system to a solid fuel based system when you go beyond HV tier. So basically oil to LPG fuel that is then further refined into solid super fuel. You then utilize this in tungstensteel/titanium and large steam turbines for energy production.
If someone could give me input on how they built their system that would be extremly helpfull in figuring out how to optimize it myself.

I also have to look over if it is better to go for magical solid super fuel or the regular kind (more expensive but 150000 tics rather than 100000 tics)

R

RomaEcho

I tried to find the 3x3 chunk grid and it didn't work out. Half the ore veins are centered on a chunk boundary instead of the middle of a 3x3 square, and they don't line up with eachother.

That said, if you follow a 3x3 grid pattern, the furthest away you can be from the center of an ore vein is one chunk, diagonally. That's probably close enough to catch everything.

Well I made field exploration of about 42x7 chuncks area digging vertical shafts every 3 chunks (it's about 100 shafts) and just 10 of them was empty and 2-3 has ores from neighboring vein. All other shafts gives spots for different veins including thorium, several uranium and other rarity ores. Maybe you marked grid from wrong spot because important to fing accurate center of central chunk of first vein.

Reactions: Pyure

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's no easy way to find specific veins, I'm afraid, without using things like the cofh clearblocks command (in a creative copy of your seed).

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The middle of the orevein is not the central generation chunk in every case.
Go digging, and find a vein that only has one chunk that fully contains the vein. Where all other chunks are only partly filled with the vein. In that case the one chunk that fully contains the vein is the center for sure. And from that chunk on go in 3 chunk steps and you will hit the vein(if it did generate, some veins might spawn in the air and not generate) for sure.

I

Ilirith

Thanks for the tips regarding finding ore veins!
Even if its still not a perfect way, it is far more reliable than just hit and run while crying from frustration :p

Phoenix_the_II

Jul 29, 2019
Is Firestone being generated?

NEI Doesn't show the railcraft version only the gregtech... and it seems that railcraft worldgen cfg has firestone enabled...

So gregtech should be spawning it then? But I can find a reference to it in the WorldGen.cfg of GT...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is Firestone being generated?

NEI Doesn't show the railcraft version only the gregtech... and it seems that railcraft worldgen cfg has firestone enabled...

So gregtech should be spawning it then? But I can find a reference to it in the WorldGen.cfg of GT...

Trust configs, not NEI :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack is getting v3.2.14 update (soon)
Note that HQM is still bugged and will cause crash on servers. Currently the only way around it is to delete the HQM save file in the world on server, or not use HQM at all. (Some ppl say, that the crash is caused mainly with Parties set. So maybe don't use parties)

I have come to the decision it will be much better to not use HQM at all. Expect different questing mod in future update (yes it will cause 100% reset of your quest progress, but you will be able to "cheat" the progress back in)
Mod Updates:
- GregTech -> 5.09.25
- Forestry -> 4.2.16.64
- LogisticPipes -> 0.9.3.128
- Ewy's Workshop -> 1.1.4

Changes/fixes:
- SAG Mill Nerf (Lowers base chance rates, increases grinding ball chance rates proportionally, nerfs grinding ball material/power usage)
- Made StarGate event horizon Opaque (thanks @Nex4rius)
- Re-Battery can now be extracted to obtain back Small Battery Hull (thanks @Nex4rius)
- Fixed a lot off missing materials (Vinteum, Steeleaf, Enderium, ...) (but as before, if more found, let us know)
- Dixed Fupe with Ewy
- ZTones blocks can be cut to microblocks

O

Odesseiron

Expect different questing mod in future update
Thank you!
I really hope it's going to be Better Questing.
Even before the recent updates HQM's playerdata became corrupted every couple of months on our well frequented server. Regardless of the running modpack.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit concerned about Better Questing since there was no update for almost 2 months now and there is still a bunch of known bugs.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit concerned about Better Questing since there was no update for almost 2 months now and there is still a bunch of known bugs.
Well its either use HQM, which will cause troubles and will not work for ppl on servers. Or use BQ, which works, but has couple of bugs.

O

Odesseiron

I really DO enjoy the Quests.
Not only do their rewards help players to build machinery faster,
but also they offer a breadcrumb trail // tutorial-like experience of what machinery comes next.

Are there any alternatives to HQM/BQ?
Are the bugs you mentioned in BQ that severe?

As i mentioned before HQM bugs out consistently every threeish months which always resulted in a questdata reset for all players on our server. So I'm not too un-happy about this change.

Looking forward to the next releases of Infitech!

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I found the chests from bibliocraft, i really like them, they are like frames, and i can choose the block that they will look like, and they have a built in label. Besides that you can put them side by side, and can select with chests should connect to what chests.
I really wanted to use them, but then i noticed that they couldnt auto-sort, they didnt have the buttons (i think from inventory tweaks) and i was really disappointed.
So, I wanted to ask, since i realized i didnt know, is there a way to somehow enable that in the configs? What mod is responsible for this, is it only inventory tweaks, or other storage/chest mods have to be compatible?
I was curious and thought of asking here.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
InvTweaks have to be made compatible with inventorys to work on them. So without the maker of InvTweaks doing that it will not work.

And about BQ Issues:

I'm using the mod on my own modpack. I got reports about freqently happen quest resets.

Also it has no build in function to update quests on modpack update. All i could do about that so far was half baked work arounds.

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
I just had this awesome idea for storage system, and got a huge disappointment.
Is it possible to make compacting drawers compatible with gregtech dusts?
Since dust have 3 forms: tiny, small and normal pile it would fit perfect.
But since drawer only does 3x3 recipe it does not work :(

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
How do you acquire Americium?

As far as I can tell, you need it to do fusion, and the only way to acquire it is fusion.

Also, how are people moving large amounts of hot fluid? I'm designing a nuclear fluid system, and I'm trying to figure out how to move large amounts of superheated steam around.