[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
I know it's GT related but i figured i'd mention it here in case @Jason McRay and his team can do something about it.

So here goes: I've noticed that Precision Lens can be set as a cover. Wouldn't it be nice if you could "socket" them as Cover on Precision Laser machine and they would act as if they were in the machine itself. This would enable us to use more than one lens at the same time and instead of having to switch the Lens each time you want to use the P.Laser or avoid us from having to make one P.Laser for each lens.
It is GT related so better to ask directly Blood and make a suggestion on his Github.
Okay. I'm officially stumped. I'm midway through the LV tier, and I've gotten tired of trumping back and forth from the Nether to mine Sulfur for rubber. I noticed that Pyrite, of which I have bucketloads, can be electrolyzed into iron and sulfur. Now, the electrolyzer recipe requires 60 eu/t. LV voltage is 32. As I understand, LV machines can accept up to 2 amps. 2 amps of 32 = 64, which should be able to power that recipe, yes? However, no matter how I try and hook it up to my charged 4-slot battery buffer, it doesn't seem to want to run the recipe. What am I doing wrong?
No. If the recipe wants more than 32EU/t it is considered as higher tier, so you must use advanced machine.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
A

AlphaA

Okay. I'm officially stumped. I'm midway through the LV tier, and I've gotten tired of trumping back and forth from the Nether to mine Sulfur for rubber. I noticed that Pyrite, of which I have bucketloads, can be electrolyzed into iron and sulfur. Now, the electrolyzer recipe requires 60 eu/t. LV voltage is 32. As I understand, LV machines can accept up to 2 amps. 2 amps of 32 = 64, which should be able to power that recipe, yes? However, no matter how I try and hook it up to my charged 4-slot battery buffer, it doesn't seem to want to run the recipe. What am I doing wrong?

Do you already use the chemical reactor to produce molten rubber, which can be crafted in an assembler into cables? Reduced my need for sulfur alot, since it uses much more raw rubber dust and less sulfur. Just in case you didn't know.

A question of my own:
Can the Large Bronze Boiler burn Creosote out of the coke ovens? I guess I need an Input Hatch for that?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it can burn Creosote. Even will full efficiency. Refined Fuels like Diesel or Nitro-Diesel burn only with 1/4 efficiency.

A

AlphaA

Thanks! Will be in construction soon.
Are there other ways to prevent (GT) cables from connecting to other cables except plates/foils? Looks a little strange with plates between cables..

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Adding a new worldgen mod would mean everyone would have to reset their worlds. Something like that will not be added anymore.

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I am at the end of my rope here. My computer just updated (without my permission I might add, I HATE this "feature") and when I run this mod pack everything goes fine, until about 3 minutes in, regardless if I have joined a server or not, then boom, Java crashes. There is nothing out of the ordinary in the console logs, it just ends, sometimes on the same task sometimes not. I cannot find the Java error logs at all, either they were not generated or I am looking in the wrong place. I should note the error box "Java SE Platform has stopped working" does appear, so one would think a log would be generated, but again, I cannot find it. Any help would be much appreciated. Yes I have updated java, yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the pack.

Edit: After some time I have found that the Event manager indicates that there is an exception_access_violation for the process ntdll.dll from java. Usually this indicates a lack of ram, I upped the ram used and still got a crash, this is very frustrating because something in the update broke this.

Final Edit: Think I fixed it, turns out you NEED to fully uninstall java if you intend to replace/repair it, installing on top of an existing version does not help.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I am at the end of my rope here. My computer just updated (without my permission I might add, I HATE this "feature") and when I run this mod pack everything goes fine, until about 3 minutes in, regardless if I have joined a server or not, then boom, Java crashes. There is nothing out of the ordinary in the console logs, it just ends, sometimes on the same task sometimes not. I cannot find the Java error logs at all, either they were not generated or I am looking in the wrong place. I should note the error box "Java SE Platform has stopped working" does appear, so one would think a log would be generated, but again, I cannot find it. Any help would be much appreciated. Yes I have updated java, yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the pack.

Edit: After some time I have found that the Event manager indicates that there is an exception_access_violation for the process ntdll.dll from java. Usually this indicates a lack of ram, I upped the ram used and still got a crash, this is very frustrating because something in the update broke this.

Final Edit: Think I fixed it, turns out you NEED to fully uninstall java if you intend to replace/repair it, installing on top of an existing version does not help.
I am having same issue. Reinstalling Java from scratch didnt crossed my mind. Thanks for this, will try that and maybe I might be able to stream Infitech again :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Adding a new worldgen mod would mean everyone would have to reset their worlds. Something like that will not be added anymore.
More seriously though. Would adding such a mod be possible witbout starting a new world? As in, would it only affect chunk that were not yet loaded (ever)?

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
More seriously though. Would adding such a mod be possible witbout starting a new world? As in, would it only affect chunk that were not yet loaded (ever)?
I think you have to chose the generation you want when you start a new world, so adding it after wouldn't change much (I guess) but would gregtech oregen work just fine without touching the options a little?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
RTG has been considered but when it was suggested, it was some time after the 3.2 got released. It would mean for players to either generate new worlds again, or hack their level.dat file to overwrite the generation. Overriding the generation would create ugly areas, where the chunks would be hard cut and the neighbour chunk would just become a massive hard cut mountain.

But all in all, if someone really wants to add it, feel free to do so... but don't come here to complain that something doesn't work etc... :)

Oregen should work perfectly fine.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also please stop sending me (or any other team member) PMs in here on on the Discord asking about 1.10 InfiTech. I know that GT 5 has now the 1.10 version, but... Its still early to do something with it AND IF i will decide to go for 1.10 then it means totally new modpack. I can use few assets from current version, but a lot of stuff needs to be changed, tweaked etc.... Thank you

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
RTG has been considered but when it was suggested, it was some time after the 3.2 got released. It would mean for players to either generate new worlds again, or hack their level.dat file to overwrite the generation. Overriding the generation would create ugly areas, where the chunks would be hard cut and the neighbour chunk would just become a massive hard cut mountain.

But all in all, if someone really wants to add it, feel free to do so... but don't come here to complain that something doesn't work etc... :)

Oregen should work perfectly fine.
But...but...:( Where are we gonna complain???:p

I was merely asking to add even more diversity to what already exist in the pack. But with all the trouble it would cause, it's not worth the gain. Especially with what you describe.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah sorry its under "The Commons" task. I felt it was the last part for some reason. Sphalerite does work. On the next section now we're not sure about Uranium 235 Cluster. Tried Uraninite but that gives 238 Cluster.

Tried searching through the thread and found the above post. But I can't seem to get nether sphalerite to work and the only other sphalerite I can see from the oregen book is from Mars. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: Oops, in case it's not obvious, I'm trying to make a native zinc cluster.

EDIT: Double oops. Of course, I need to buy the research first.

Last edited: