[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

hmm Skyblock ? tee hee been having a itch to play again, but then I think of all the lame mining =/
You only "need" to mine until you get a Adv. Miner II. Or if you play multiplayer with willing slave- ahem I mean good friends ;)

donto

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and i are running a nitrodiesel setup that produces 512 eu/t. But we need 2048 eu/t to make tungsten from all our scheelite dusts. what is the best ways to produce electricity for 2048 eu/t and up?

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and i are running a nitrodiesel setup that produces 512 eu/t. But we need 2048 eu/t to make tungsten from all our scheelite dusts. what is the best ways to produce electricity for 2048 eu/t and up?
You could always just use batteries that you fill with the 512eu/t.
And also just make more of what you already have

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
isnt there any good way to create power thats over 512 eu/t?
First thought that come to mind is to multiply your power sources. (Edit, i did not take in consideration wether or not you need 2048V minimum but rather a total.)
Second way is to get better tech.
Third way is as posted above by @cimyPt to charge multiple batteries and use transformers to up your power (4A of 512V to 1A of 2048V.)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding Anchor (or perhaps more specifically regarding the Dimensional Anchor.) I've noticed that when i'm loading a 1x1 chunk using the Dimensional Anchor, that the neighboring chunk are being kept loaded. Now i'm unsure wether this is due to the anchor loading directly adjacent chunk along with the loaded chunk or if it's caused by EnderIO fluid conduit pumping liquid to the adjecent chunk from that loaded chunk.

So the question: What could be the cause of that?

Not that i mind, after all...free loaded chunk :D. But server-wise i'd like to know what is the cause in order to avoid problem in the futur.Imagine if this is caused by EnderIO flowing liquid. One could possibly keep a unliminited ammount of chunk loaded assuming ressources are not a problem.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have a question regarding Anchor (or perhaps more specifically regarding the Dimensional Anchor.) I've noticed that when i'm loading a 1x1 chunk using the Dimensional Anchor, that the neighboring chunk are being kept loaded. Now i'm unsure wether this is due to the anchor loading directly adjacent chunk along with the loaded chunk or if it's caused by EnderIO fluid conduit pumping liquid to the adjecent chunk from that loaded chunk.

Not that i mind, after all...free loaded chunk :D. But server-wise i'd like to know what is the cause in order to avoid problem in the futur.Imagine if this is caused by EnderIO flowing liquid. One could possibly keep a unliminited ammount of chunk loaded assuming ressources are not a problem.

What mod does the anchor block in question display when you look at it in NEI or with WAILA information displayed on it?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

G

Greyfell309

MAJOR DISCOVERY!!! It's name is LPG!! So I was sitting in my base doing nothing, thinking about my Large Gas Turbine fail. Then I was looking at my huge overflow of Refinery gas. So my initial idea was to make a huge methane buffer and then burn it. But refinery gas also produces LPG and I didn't wanted to void all my LPG, so i hit uses for LPG cell, and what do u know, LPG can burn in gas turbines. This was a surprise for me because if u hit uses in NEI for LPG gas it does not show it can burn in gas turbine, only LPG CELL does. Ok, so i put some LPG in a gas turbine and it burns sooo much longer!! Now i can sustain 3 Large gas turbines with thamium and HSS-S rotors ( around 8000EU/t) with only one Oil Rig wich runs on HV and gets 285 raw oil per cycle and the oil tank is filling up, wow... Oil is a real powerhouse, similar to the Large Heat Exchanger.. Maybe even better if u find huge oil sources!!

S

Sven "flamestrider"

isnt there any good way to create power thats over 512 eu/t?
Shouldn't the large turbines and similar multiblock-structures be able to output the tier that they have as energy output block?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

MAJOR DISCOVERY!!! It's name is LPG!! So I was sitting in my base doing nothing, thinking about my Large Gas Turbine fail. Then I was looking at my huge overflow of Refinery gas. So my initial idea was to make a huge methane buffer and then burn it. But refinery gas also produces LPG and I didn't wanted to void all my LPG, so i hit uses for LPG cell, and what do u know, LPG can burn in gas turbines. This was a surprise for me because if u hit uses in NEI for LPG gas it does not show it can burn in gas turbine, only LPG CELL does. Ok, so i put some LPG in a gas turbine and it burns sooo much longer!! Now i can sustain 3 Large gas turbines with thamium and HSS-S rotors ( around 8000EU/t) with only one Oil Rig wich runs on HV and gets 285 raw oil per cycle and the oil tank is filling up, wow... Oil is a real powerhouse, similar to the Large Heat Exchanger.. Maybe even better if u find huge oil sources!!
Where you looking at the wrong LPG perhaps? there are two gases named "LPG" the GT one and the pneumaticraft one... and yes that can be really confusing at times ;)

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
First thought that come to mind is to multiply your power sources. (Edit, i did not take in consideration wether or not you need 2048V minimum but rather a total.)
Second way is to get better tech.
Third way is as posted above by @cimyPt to charge multiple batteries and use transformers to up your power (4A of 512V to 1A of 2048V.)
For charging batteries you dont need a transformer, because higher voltage machines can accept lower voltage energy. So the battery buffer can be used as a transformer of sorts, but only to convert from lower voltage to highier voltage.

Im not sure if this is what is happening, but from watching anesos play technodefirmacraft, he showed (with opis) that some chunks, besides the 3x3 that were loaded by a world anchor, were also being loaded.
From watching some of panda4994 videos, my only guess is they are similar to lazy chunks? Kind of loaded but not really?
Thats my guess...

Reactions: RomaEcho

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if this is what is happening, but from watching anesos play technodefirmacraft, he showed (with opis) that some chunks, besides the 3x3 that were loaded by a world anchor, were also being loaded.
From watching some of panda4994 videos, my only guess is they are similar to lazy chunks? Kind of loaded but not really?
Thats my guess...
Were those chunk adjacent to the World Anchor? If not, then it would probably be caused by something else. I recall Bibliocraft having 1 decoration (can't remeber which one though) keeping chunk loaded by just having it placed in the world. So that is why i don't put the blame specifically on the Anchor itself but rather wonder as to the cause.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
For charging batteries you dont need a transformer, because higher voltage machines can accept lower voltage energy. So the battery buffer can be used as a transformer of sorts, but only to convert from lower voltage to highier voltage.
Thats my guess...
We learn something new everyday :D

G

Greyfell309

Where you looking at the wrong LPG perhaps? there are two gases named "LPG" the GT one and the pneumaticraft one... and yes that can be really confusing at times ;)
Yes.. Way back in my early days in this world i was automating the production of polytetrafluoroethylene (that's a long name), that's where i first checked for uses of LPG and didn't show up as gas fuel. Anyway, do you guys know a better gas than LPG? And may i ask another question, this is really important... How do you deal with fuel bieng below 120 or something in the input hatch of the Oil Cracker and Distilation Tower? Because they stop working and i have to get the light fuel that is not procesing out of the hatch and put and put the heavy fuel and so on...:(

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Yes.. Way back in my early days in this world i was automating the production of polytetrafluoroethylene (that's a long name), that's where i first checked for uses of LPG and didn't show up as gas fuel. Anyway, do you guys know a better gas than LPG? And may i ask another question, this is really important... How do you deal with fuel bieng below 120 or something in the input hatch of the Oil Cracker and Distilation Tower? Because they stop working and i have to get the light fuel that is not procesing out of the hatch and put and put the heavy fuel and so on...:(
A multi-block input hatch works the same as any GT tank, just pump the fluid out with any preferred method. I'm unsure if there is a better gas than LPG(256x) if you want more energy-dense substances I think you need to transition to either liquid fuels or plasma...

G

Greyfell309

A multi-block input hatch works the same as any GT tank, just pump the fluid out with any preferred method. I'm unsure if there is a better gas than LPG(256x) if you want more energy-dense substances I think you need to transition to either liquid fuels or plasma...
Ok, but i don't think there is a large turbine for liquid fuel

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question.
In terms of using the excess refinery oil, whats better? using it directly to power, or centrifuge it to methane and lpg and use that for power?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

I know that in vanilla, minecraft loads chucks around the spawn chunks in a weird way, they're called lazy chunks by vanilla players, maybe the same is happening here(I haven't read everything in the next plane yet)

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Ok, but i don't think there is a large turbine for liquid fuel
This is from @Blood Asp himself about GTU:
Updated to GT 5.09.22
There are many changes and likely many bugs, so have fun.

Changelog:

Huge Changes:
-crop-
Added Large Diesel Engine multiblock. (Via Pull Request #500 by Muramasa)
Proper Guide coming soon, for now infos can be found here: GitHub PR Large Diesel Gen

His entire post can be read here: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=201665#post201665