[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Some modpacks I've seen enable passive mob drops which is handled by one of the Core mods. Jason, is there any chance you could take a look at enabling that and customizing the rarity of the drops?
You mean stuff like chickens randomly dropping feathers? That's a feature of botania, never seen it anywhere else, botania is common enough you might've mistaken it for a core mod though.

N

NeonSelf

Is there any way in this pack to obtain leather, feathers, and ink sacs without killing animals for them or having to deal with the IC2 crops?

You can duplicate ink sacs or slime balls using alchemy from thaumcraft. But you have to get at least one of them for duplication.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Thanks, though I'm "role-playing" my character to not harm animals; and the animal trap would qualify as harming animals. I haven't seen any PneumaticCraft plants, but noticed that they're going to be disabled soon. Centrifuging is a bit of a ways off for me, but it seems it's either that or IC2. Thanks for the help.

You can duplicate ink sacs or slime balls using alchemy from thaumcraft. But you have to get at least one of them for duplication.
Can't you get slime balls from IC2 resin, or am I remembering that incorrectly?

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
I finished my Methane producing rig, here are some pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/datPG

It should produce Methane worth for about 240 EU/t, running completely off of Lava. but I'm not sure if I can sustain this production. it seems that i use up MUCH more Carbon than I can produce with 4 Bronze Blast furnaces.
I'm considering centrifuging Rubber Wood to get the needed Carbon. It will mean a loss of about 8% in energy efficiency.

The most annoying part with this setup is getting all the needed lava. I set up a Pump in the Nether, but it takes AGES to fill up the drums. So I'm considering switching from Lava to something else - either a Big Reactor to create the needed steam or setting the steam part aside completely and go with thorium reactors.

I was searching for Thorium reactor designs and found this thread in the IC2 Forum.
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=90096
I'd like to use one of the setups, but the ones posted by Greg are FAR to expensive to consider, I can't even dream about building the Irdium Reflectors. My other concern is the age of the thread. Has anything changed in the way how Reactors work during that time?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
You mean stuff like chickens randomly dropping feathers? That's a feature of botania, never seen it anywhere else, botania is common enough you might've mistaken it for a core mod though.
Lycanite Mobs has tons of hostile mobs which tend to drop all kind of stuff. Pretty sure you'll find about anything you'd need from most hostile mobs there.

edit: Personally, on my server we had to remove it because of how much harder it made it to survive and all of the stuff you could actually get from most mobs.

If you get into the IC2 crop breeding, there are some plants that produce leather, I believe, not sure if they're in this particular modpack, but worth checking out anyway. :D

Some modpacks I've seen enable passive mob drops which is handled by one of the Core mods. Jason, is there any chance you could take a look at enabling that and customizing the rarity of the drops?

Also a possibility would be to fill out the IC2 scrapbox recycling loot table and add in random drops of passive creatures, some of which I believe are already in there. I don't see a problem with them if they're done correctly, and at relatively low rates for the chance of getting them.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

As for IC2 Crop leather, yes it exists.I have some myself.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Lycanite Mobs has tons of hostile mobs which tend to drop all kind of stuff. Pretty sure you'll find about anything you'd need from most hostile mobs there.

edit: Personally, on my server we had to remove it because of how much harder it made it to survive and all of the stuff you could actually get from most mobs.
Uhh...

InfiTech never had Lycanite's did it? Are you thinking of Ferret Business or something? It hasn't had Lycanite's for as long as I can remember at least and that's more than a year now.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh...

InfiTech never had Lycanite's did it? Are you thinking of Ferret Business or something? It hasn't had Lycanite's for as long as I can remember at least and that's more than a year now.
I wasn't implying that it did. Was just stating that if he want an alternative, Lycanite mobs could be one. Though it has to be added manually.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
feels very bunker-ish, what's your inspiration for the design?
I wanted to do a really pretty village, with lots of greens... just really natural and stuff like that.

And then I had the ideia of making the tech stuff being underground, and with that I start getting some ideias of what I wanted to do...
I also wanted to make it like a maze, with lots of doors and pathways.

And the inspiration for how it looks, was just my ideia of what a underground "secret" base/lab would be... mostly from images that I remembered from shooting games and such.
But most of it, was at the time I was building. I just tryed to see what blocks I liked and what blocks I wanted to use and such

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a little embarrassed to be posting this, after seeing cimyPt's epic base, BUT...here it is.

http://imgur.com/gallery/1aGgW
I also have a set up for spawners and bees, but because those are in a different area I didnt include them.

After seeing your post Im thinkimg that maybe I should explain some of the stuff, put some descriptions in the screenshots.

I have never tryed the infused seeds.
What do you use them for? What are the uses for them?

Ps: thank you for saying that you liked my base :D
Im pleased that my efforts on trying to build werent waisted :D

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I also have a set up for spawners and bees, but because those are in a different area I didnt include them.

After seeing your post Im thinkimg that maybe I should explain some of the stuff, put some descriptions in the screenshots.

I have never tryed the infused seeds.
What do you use them for? What are the uses for them?

Ps: thank you for saying that you liked my base :D
Im pleased that my efforts on trying to build werent waisted :D

Infused seeds are easy to get going. Vitreous seeds produce 1 diamond, lucrum seeds produce 4 gold ingots, cognitio produce 64 paper, or 32 books, or 1 enchanted book. I find it useful to have the diamond and vitreous plots, at a minimum, so I don't have to keep making gold/diamond runs. Humanus seeds are a great source of golem cores.

If you end up starting with infused seeds, I recommend staying away from nebruism and herba infused seeds. Both crash the server.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
If you end up starting with infused seeds, I recommend staying away from nebruism and herba infused seeds. Both crash the server.
Oh right, totally forgot about those. Herba doing it is kinda weird though, sounds like harder to fix bugs.

I'll add that back onto the list of things to look into fixing.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Infused seeds are easy to get going. Vitreous seeds produce 1 diamond, lucrum seeds produce 4 gold ingots, cognitio produce 64 paper, or 32 books, or 1 enchanted book. I find it useful to have the diamond and vitreous plots, at a minimum, so I don't have to keep making gold/diamond runs. Humanus seeds are a great source of golem cores.

I have no ideia how they work.
Does the vitreous seeds give you the diamond ehen you break them?
Does the thauminominonimonino explain them well? I read their entry, but im not sure i understood how they work...

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
You can install vegan option mod. I am testing it in moonstranded and works just fine. There will be some balance issues in some places and fir certain recipes you will find that stuff from it does not work. But it is the only way how to get stuff without killing or harming any mob (both hostile or friendly)

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I put it in the pack. Unfortunately, faux feathers are far beyond my means of making right now. I'm going to have to just suck it up and rely on the IC2 crops to get what I want. I think I'll keep The Vegan Option in anyways, though.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
So, one of my friends just came across the OpenBlocks Enhanced Building Guide. Is it just me, or is this block absolutely broken, balance-wise? It seems to do for building what playing in creative mode does for resources.

Jason, is there a reason this isn't disabled?