[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Well since you said to leave a video if we are making one, so i will try my luck.

playing the game, made me think of the past, and i am kind of nostalgic to gt4, so much fun i had, still sad that bloodyaspen did not bring the redstone display (or scale if you prefer) back, it was cool to be able to see things working from far.

Hey UNG_God, I started watching your vids and it got me inspired to start playing again after a few months hiatus.

U

UNG_God

Btw is there a way to automaticly remove nearly depleted turbine rotors out of a Large Turbine and fill a new one in?
i would try to use a gt filter to remove, and a regulator to insert, maybe using a regulator with a robot arm to insert the new one and the arm to remove the old one into the regulator might work, or not.

How do you create industrial diamonds from sources either than non-renewable coal. I was under the impression that you could only use coal dust...
witter reeds? diareeds? diamond dust into a implosion compressor?

Hey UNG_God, I started watching your vids and it got me inspired to start playing again after a few months hiatus.
have a good time buddy.

I had some troubles last time i played , but it was caused by other mod that was not in the pack, so the blame is mine, but sharing to warn, i was suggested to change from fastcraft to optifine to have less lag spikes, and it did improved, but one time the screen goes all black, i thought it had crasehd but had not, when pressing the esc the arrow would shown normally and the button are there, later i discover it was because of optifine , the thaumcraft warp effect of unnatural hunger add some effect to the view and optifine did not support it , so it would make it black, the most bizarre was the timing, i had just placed a drum then click on a conduit to open the GUI and bam, black screen.

wanghealer

Jul 29, 2019
Does Thaumcraft research require that you scribe in this modpack or can you just use aspects to research it with 1 click?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Does Thaumcraft research require that you scribe in this modpack or can you just use aspects to research it with 1 click?
You could alter the config Thaumcraft.cfg
Code:
##########################################################################################################
# research
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Various research related things.
##########################################################################################################

research {
    # The total amount of RP you can have in your pool per aspect before the scanning soft cap kicks in.
    I:aspect_total_cap=100

# 0 = normal, -1 = easy (all research items are directly purchased with RP), 1 = Hard (all research items need to be solved via the research table)
    I:research_difficulty=0
}

if you really dislike the research table aspect of TC.

Reactions: wanghealer

AeroWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. Download it and put it in your mod folders. Then lunch the game.

If your using a texture pack. I recommend removing that first.

That doesnt work. I tried it with the 1.7.10 light version of Optifine, putting the jar in just makes all the carpenter's blocks in my world invisible and breaks thaumometer inventory scanning. No features of Optifine appeared. Do I need to extract it first or something?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
That doesnt work. I tried it with the 1.7.10 light version of Optifine, putting the jar in just makes all the carpenter's blocks in my world invisible and breaks thaumometer inventory scanning. No features of Optifine appeared. Do I need to extract it first or something?
I was using OptiFine 1.7.10 HD U D6 for a while without any problem (I removed it when i removed my shaders about 3 weeks ago.) And from what i can see on Optifine main download section, there is no "light" version... If you got it from an alternate source...that might be the cause of your problem.

As for how to install it, you simple need to download the file and put it in your mods folder as is and restart your game if it's already loaded.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I am currently expanding our energy production. Before we had a Pyrolyseoven into 3 Distillation Towers into 5 Turbo Gas Turbines (512EU, 85%) and 2 Advanced Gas Turbines (128EU, 90%) with a decent gain.

After gathering a lot of materials and build a stable suply of Bio Chaff for 2 Pyrolyseovens i added 7 Distillation Towers to a total of 10 Towers with 17 Turbo Gas Turbines and 3 Advanced Gas Turbines. I've done the math and got a plus of ~4k EU/t, but i actually loose energy. I even upgraded all 12 Multiblocks to EV energy hatches to reduce the loss on cable. Why is it not working or what am i doing wrong?

2 Pyrolyseovens produce 2 * 5000mB of Bio Mass every 45 Seconds -> 11.11mB per Tick
10 Distillation Tower use 10 * 250mB every 12 seconds -> 10.41mB per Tick
So i got no short there.

10 Distillation Towers produce 10 * 8000mb every 12 seconds -> 333.33mB per Tick
And 333.33mB result in a Fuel Value of 10666.7 EU/t (9066.6EU/t @85%)
And consuming i got 10 Distillation Towers with 10 * 480EU/t which is about half. ( 2 Pyrolyseovens just use 20EU/t, so...)

And that should be produced by 17 (+3) Turbines, but i am still loosing...Where is all my power going?
Thats my setup:
2016_08_04_04_05_28.png

Anyone got an idea?

Thx,
Sin
You miscalculated. You can't take 9K eu/t because real energy output per bucket is ~26.7K (83%)for LV, ~24.8K (77.5%) for MV and ~21.7K (68%) for HV gas turbine instead of 32K , not to mention energy losses for transformation and transfer. Small turbine isn't best way.
I've made post on p.620 about biogas stuff.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Sonar panels question:

I'm looking to set up some solar powered machinery. My understanding is that this works by just putting a solar panel cover on a gt machine. However, I'm concerned about giving it a view of the sky because rain sets gt machines on fire. How do you get around that?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Sonar panels question:

I'm looking to set up some solar powered machinery. My understanding is that this works by just putting a solar panel cover on a gt machine. However, I'm concerned about giving it a view of the sky because rain sets gt machines on fire. How do you get around that?
one way is to use a glass roof to stop rain... or building in a desert.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
Sonar panels question:

Covers protect machinery from rain, and solar panel is cover. I made solar roof, and it works fine without glass protection. I use this construction: 4x4 field, 16 solar panels (1 V), 1 ULV 9 slots battery buffer and 1 EV transformer for step-up to transfer (optional). 15 solar pannels on red alloy cables and 1 on battery buffer in the middle(?), transformer under BatBuff. You can use any tier BatBuff, the only problem is making 8-9 batteries for each section, although there is IC2 batteries which cheaper than GT ones - battery capacity is not important - it only needs to collect 16 amps from solar panels.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Covers protect machinery from rain, and solar panel is cover. I made solar roof, and it works fine without glass protection. I use this construction: 4x4 field, 16 solar panels (1 V), 1 ULV 9 slots battery buffer and 1 EV transformer for step-up to transfer (optional). 15 solar pannels on red alloy cables and 1 on battery buffer in the middle(?), transformer under BatBuff. You can use any tier BatBuff, the only problem is making 8-9 batteries for each section, although there is IC2 batteries which cheaper than GT ones - battery capacity is not important - it only needs to collect 16 amps from solar panels.
in your example I assume you've covered the sides(with blocks), or is that not necessary when using RA-cable as the "base" of the solar panels?

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way in this pack to obtain leather, feathers, and ink sacs without killing animals for them or having to deal with the IC2 crops?

N

Nightfire731

Is there any way in this pack to obtain leather, feathers, and ink sacs without killing animals for them or having to deal with the IC2 crops?

You can get leather and feathers, among other things, by using the Pam's Harvestcraft Animal Trap and baits. The only way to get ink sacs that I see without killing squid are to use Squid Plant Seeds from Pneumaticraft or centrifuging Watery/Glittering Watery Combs from Magic Bees.

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
You can get leather and feathers, among other things, by using the Pam's Harvestcraft Animal Trap and baits. The only way to get ink sacs that I see without killing squid are to use Squid Plant Seeds from Pneumaticraft or centrifuging Watery/Glittering Watery Combs from Magic Bees.

Thanks, though I'm "role-playing" my character to not harm animals; and the animal trap would qualify as harming animals. I haven't seen any PneumaticCraft plants, but noticed that they're going to be disabled soon. Centrifuging is a bit of a ways off for me, but it seems it's either that or IC2. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, though I'm "role-playing" my character to not harm animals; and the animal trap would qualify as harming animals. I haven't seen any PneumaticCraft plants, but noticed that they're going to be disabled soon. Centrifuging is a bit of a ways off for me, but it seems it's either that or IC2. Thanks for the help.
You can install vegan option mod. I am testing it in moonstranded and works just fine. There will be some balance issues in some places and fir certain recipes you will find that stuff from it does not work. But it is the only way how to get stuff without killing or harming any mob (both hostile or friendly)

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

If you get into the IC2 crop breeding, there are some plants that produce leather, I believe, not sure if they're in this particular modpack, but worth checking out anyway. :D

Some modpacks I've seen enable passive mob drops which is handled by one of the Core mods. Jason, is there any chance you could take a look at enabling that and customizing the rarity of the drops?

Also a possibility would be to fill out the IC2 scrapbox recycling loot table and add in random drops of passive creatures, some of which I believe are already in there. I don't see a problem with them if they're done correctly, and at relatively low rates for the chance of getting them.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid