[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

M

MrJoshua

Decided to test it myself to see what was wrong... seems like none of the sides of the Electric Heat Generator can receive power in this pack... It does work if you insert either GT or IC2 batteries into the powerslot. Dunno what the issue is with it's faces, might be a bug? You can either run the EHG with batteries(caps it's speed at 32Heat) or just go "low-tech" with a Solid Heat Generator(caps it's speed at 20Heat) ;)
Heh, I was absolutely certain some one was going to smack me upside the head with a "If you read X then you would know that Y is OBVIOUSLY the reason its not working, dumba$$"
Thanks for poking at it.

Im trying to set this up to run from an array of simple solar boilers and a basic steam turbine.

But, now that I know the problem is with the pack I can stop waiting time with it and hope for a fix.
In the mean time, batteries it is...

Thanks Sven!

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to heat up an IC2 Fermenter with an IC2 Electric Heat Generator. I have a low voltage battery buffer (GregTech)->copper wire(GregTech)->low voltage transformer (GregTech)->Electric Heat Generator (IC2)->Fermenter (IC2).
It worked! For a few seconds. Long enough to produce 200mb of BioGas. And then it just stopped.
I verified there is still power in the battery and an empty battery will still be topped off from the connected generator.

I have no idea why it would have just stopped. Any ideas?

There is a small bug from IC2, sometimes heat generator or fermenter randomly rotating output/input sides, after backups/few cycles.
I have 40 pairs for biogas production and it happens every now and again.
You can try hook up fluid heat generator instead EHG and pour biogas into it, it makes 2 buckets of biogas per every bucket of burned biogas -> 50% to self-feed, 50% profit for net.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to get into bees for fun and profit (and to get my hands on some chrome). Can anyone point me in the right direction for an absolute bee beginner? Are there guides that apply to this pack available?

M

MrJoshua

There is a small bug from IC2, sometimes heat generator or fermenter randomly rotating output/input sides, after backups/few cycles.
I have 40 pairs for biogas production and it happens every now and again.
You can try hook up fluid heat generator instead EHG and pour biogas into it, it makes 2 buckets of biogas per every bucket of burned biogas -> 50% to self-feed, 50% profit for net.

Yes, except the whole point of this setup is that Im trying to generate biogas using solar power and get back that lost 50% :)

N

NeonSelf

Every time I play this game it feels broken...

Does rendstone ore ganeration was changed? I cant find any of it for a week. I'm constantly digging or exploring caves, I've already found 3 sources of silver and 1 diamond, but all redstone I've got is from random small deposits. I cant even afford a centrifuge to make redstone from netherrack (anyways, it seems insane).

Also, there is a bug in questbook: the quest "Dirty Endeavors" seems almost impossible to pass. I've broke Iron ore with a hammer in my hands, instead of pickaxe and collected crushed ore, but the book showed me that I have zero. Then I've crushed ore with a hammer on the crafting table or using steampowered hammer - same result. I've tried macerating Iron ore and taking it in my inventory - nothing happened. But when I've forgot about the quest and spent days looking for redstone - it somehow happened that I've passed the quest. I dont know how is that possible, because I've tried to pass it using both overworld and nether iron ore blocks without any effect.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I'm looking to get into bees for fun and profit (and to get my hands on some chrome). Can anyone point me in the right direction for an absolute bee beginner? Are there guides that apply to this pack available?
Hyptnotizd usually has good videos
is about bees, not sure if all of it is applicable to this pack, but "normal" bee mutations and such should be completely valid... it's worth a watch since it isn't too long.
For bees(and mutations) specific to this pack I'm a bit unsure about.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Does rendstone ore ganeration was changed? I cant find any of it for a week. I'm constantly digging or exploring caves, I've already found 3 sources of silver and 1 diamond, but all redstone I've got is from random small deposits. I cant even afford a centrifuge to make redstone from netherrack (anyways, it seems insane).

Also, there is a bug in questbook: the quest "Dirty Endeavors" seems almost impossible to pass. I've broke Iron ore with a hammer in my hands, instead of pickaxe and collected crushed ore, but the book showed me that I have zero. Then I've crushed ore with a hammer on the crafting table or using steampowered hammer - same result. I've tried macerating Iron ore and taking it in my inventory - nothing happened. But when I've forgot about the quest and spent days looking for redstone - it somehow happened that I've passed the quest. I dont know how is that possible, because I've tried to pass it using both overworld and nether iron ore blocks without any effect.
since you have access to the nether you should definitely find some vanilla redstone around those hives that spawn in the nether...

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get enough steam to the HV large steam turbine? My Turbine is about 30 blocks from the steam source and Im currently using one transfer node on the Steel tank with 16 speed upgrades in it with transfer piping connecting it to the MV liquid input on the turbine itself. Do I need more speed upgrades? Do I need to connect a second node? Does my liquid input need to be HV? Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019

Ive found quite a few redstone viens in the Nether, maybe you should give mining a try there

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019

a good tip is that redstone isnt near the bottom of the map where the small redstone ores spawn. should read up on the ore gen book.

also a big question for others how do people use methane to power there bases in the mv era? ive attempted to convert some powergen over but its not able to keep up at all.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

a good tip is that redstone isnt near the bottom of the map where the small redstone ores spawn. should read up on the ore gen book.

also a big question for others how do people use methane to power there bases in the mv era? ive attempted to convert some powergen over but its not able to keep up at all.
I tend to run my power-hungy machines on purely nitro-diesel and use a mixture of methane and N-D for the EBF... It's kind of a middle-ground for me until I can get my tech to where I can make distillation towers and such power-producers.
By "not able to keep up at all" what are you using it for? And how are you producing it?

N

NeonSelf

Ofcourse, I've read the book. It was the only place in game, where I could see redstone ore.

I used straight vertical shafts (black granite is a problem for this). And also walked in caves around Y20-Y30 for hours (just dig some gravel and it opens another cave). I dont know how I could miss it. My last deeprun took nearly 8 stacks of torches to explore a huge cave system (it was going across 3 biomes and a few chunks underneath the ocean).

Sometimes, randomgen is stuck. I remember games, where I couldnt find desert biome ( I really love those chests in desert temples). Maybe I'll try digging in the nether or just start another world.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to run my power-hungy machines on purely nitro-diesel and use a mixture of methane and N-D for the EBF... It's kind of a middle-ground for me until I can get my tech to where I can make distillation towers and such power-producers.
By "not able to keep up at all" what are you using it for? And how are you producing it?
im using 8 centrifuges on potatoes. i produce it quite fast using my mv machines. but not fast enough to keep up with my ore processing, which is macerator, ore washer, thermal centrifuge, and another macerator wich is 5 amps so i use 6 mv gas turbines. if i add another centrifuge my golems cant keep up with the potatoes. also my potato farm is 64x64 has 12 golems running it. they are also being grown with the growth lamp. is there a faster way to produce the methane? more efficient?

i could just use my steam system and my ethanol production. but wanted to use up some other materials. steam system consists of 4 hp boilers running on alumentum. 2 hp liquid boilers running on creosote oil. also one gregtech bronze boiler for backup. the ethanol is just being used in the fuel turbines things.

Last edited:

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Ofcourse, I've read the book. It was the only place in game, where I could see redstone ore.

I used straight vertical shafts (black granite is a problem for this). And also walked in caves around Y20-Y30 for hours (just dig some gravel and it opens another cave). I dont know how I could miss it. My last deeprun took nearly 8 stacks of torches to explore a huge cave system (it was going across 3 biomes and a few chunks underneath the ocean).

Sometimes, randomgen is stuck. I remember games, where I couldnt find desert biome ( I really love those chests in desert temples). Maybe I'll try digging in the nether or just start another world.

big thing ive found it took me 10k blocks before i started finding uranium veins. before that i found 6 diamond veins. Top down digging in chunks. so you never know how far you have to go.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

What the book wants you to do is to go around exploring with a Pickaxe or GregTech Hammer and break the randomly generated small ore blocks you can find with the tool. Only the specified type of dust from the specified type of small ore will increment the counter. This is a quest to show that you know what small ores are, and are collecting them properly. Even breaking the correct type of regular ore that can be processed to yield the correct kind of dust won't give you the correct result because it doesn't drop the dust you want.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I just tapped my first oil drill rig hoping to get me some sweet sweet oil to feed into my low tech nitrodiesel line! But I got myself some stuff called light oil... Looking at NEI shows a pathetic production of light fuel from this substance. So low that It may barely even give back enough to justify the nitro-diesel I'm using to power to the oil drill rig. What would be the best course of action at this point? light oil seems to have fairly good conversion into LPG and menthane. Is this the most energy positive route? Or should I just save it for later use, say when I have a distillation tower built. I'm only just getting into the MV stage now.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019

Pumpkin on crops, ofcourse! In the beginning, 1-2 fields 9x9 with manual harvesting, average profit 105K eu per harvest for basic pumpkin every 17.5 minutes. Growth rate depends of the biome, sky visibility, water and fertilizer supply (cropmatron), and blocks of dirt under farmland (0-3 blocks) except crops stats. Afther first stainless steel - crop harvester, fields 11x11 and layered cake of these field like a dirt-crops-dirt-crops. Crop harvester can work with 1 block above and below (11x11x3) and service 2 fields. Energy supply only for harvesting, it takes ~15% of profit - CH has passive consuming 1 eu/t, by shutter module with 2 timers an state cell on cable (lossless ULV or EV). 4 CH with 8 fields 9x9 keep running 8 centrifuges in poor biomes like a stone beach. Not tested fo jungle/swampland and 11x11 fields. All of these stuff give something about 36 eu/t wihout mindcrack about crossbreedind and time for it.

per 1 field 11x11 with pumpkins there is a possibility to take something about 1K eu/t, but not from methane.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I just tapped my first oil drill rig hoping to get me some sweet sweet oil to feed into my low tech nitrodiesel line! But I got myself some stuff called light oil... Looking at NEI shows a pathetic production of light fuel from this substance. So low that It may barely even give back enough to justify the nitro-diesel I'm using to power to the oil drill rig. What would be the best course of action at this point? light oil seems to have fairly good conversion into LPG and menthane. Is this the most energy positive route? Or should I just save it for later use, say when I have a distillation tower built. I'm only just getting into the MV stage now.
Processing light oil into Nitro fuel should have ok efficiency. But the energy density is a bit low, so I guess most energy is eaten from the oil drill?

How much light oil do you get per cycle? On LV a cycle is 8 sec. Values above 200L should be fine for energy production. Less can be used for early plastic production, but efficiency is too low for energy supply. 500L+ is something rare you should certainly pump.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Processing light oil into Nitro fuel should have ok efficiency. But the energy density is a bit low, so I guess most energy is eaten from the oil drill?

How much light oil do you get per cycle? On LV a cycle is 8 sec. Values above 200L should be fine for energy production. Less can be used for early plastic production, but efficiency is too low for energy supply. 500L+ is something rare you should certainly pump.
I used my light oil well to complete some plastic and toluene questlines. It's more efficient to use either BC wells or oilsand for nitrodiesel early on, imo.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Pumpkin on crops, ofcourse! In the beginning, 1-2 fields 9x9 with manual harvesting, average profit 105K eu per harvest for basic pumpkin every 17.5 minutes. Growth rate depends of the biome, sky visibility, water and fertilizer supply (cropmatron), and blocks of dirt under farmland (0-3 blocks) except crops stats. Afther first stainless steel - crop harvester, fields 11x11 and layered cake of these field like a dirt-crops-dirt-crops. Crop harvester can work with 1 block above and below (11x11x3) and service 2 fields. Energy supply only for harvesting, it takes ~15% of profit - CH has passive consuming 1 eu/t, by shutter module with 2 timers an state cell on cable (lossless ULV or EV). 4 CH with 8 fields 9x9 keep running 8 centrifuges in poor biomes like a stone beach. Not tested fo jungle/swampland and 11x11 fields. All of these stuff give something about 36 eu/t wihout mindcrack about crossbreedind and time for it.

per 1 field 11x11 with pumpkins there is a possibility to take something about 1K eu/t, but not from methane.

i like your idea. and you said from basic pumpkin on crops? does that mean not bred? or are you refering to the potential? you also meant later about breeding thats why i ask. also doesnt pumpkins give less methane then potatoes? ill look this up. can you tell me about what teir and stats on the bred pumpkin seeds if it isnt standered?

also i cant explain how due to it being a big exploit and a few of you may know it, i was also asked not to explain in detail how but there is a way to automate filling and transfer of batteries. just a heads up if anyone else knows or is wondering. its not as simple or easy as you want it to be.