[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
so does the melter on steves carts carts make charcoal? or thats disabled? and or how do you fill one with lava? can i just have it stop at a point and fill it with pipes? never mind i found the block i needed for the lava question.

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
so does the melter on steves carts carts make charcoal? or thats disabled? and or how do you fill one with lava? can i just have it stop at a point and fill it with pipes? never mind i found the block i needed for the lava question.
Its a normal furnace in the cart and it has all the furnace recipes.

N

Nightfire731

Greetings, everyone! I've been playing InfiTech 2 for a while now, probably a month or so, and I've been reading through the thread to try and get an idea of efficient early to mid-game energy systems. Currently, I'm set up with a Large Steam Boiler running off Charcoal from a Charcoal Pit and a few Coke Ovens, but I've noticed that I'm starting to outstrip my energy production slowly as I move more firmly into MV machines. What would be a good setup for someone moving into MV? I haven't yet gotten a tree farm working, so I've been hesitant to try and rely on steam as much going further. I have access to oil through both an Oil Drilling Rig and an Advanced Pump with BC geysers, so I was looking at the setup for nitro-diesel on the fuel refining spreadsheet linked here but was having a little difficulty reading it to see exactly what the true net gain would be for creating and burning one cycle (presumably 5000L) of nitro-diesel.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Its a normal furnace in the cart and it has all the furnace recipes.
Doesn't that answer imply that it can't make charcoal... since normal furnace recipe for charcoal is disabled in this pack? ;) Haven't tested it myself but that seems to the the logical conclusion to draw...
Edit: spelling

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Greetings, everyone! I've been playing InfiTech 2 for a while now, probably a month or so, and I've been reading through the thread to try and get an idea of efficient early to mid-game energy systems. Currently, I'm set up with a Large Steam Boiler running off Charcoal from a Charcoal Pit and a few Coke Ovens, but I've noticed that I'm starting to outstrip my energy production slowly as I move more firmly into MV machines. What would be a good setup for someone moving into MV? I haven't yet gotten a tree farm working, so I've been hesitant to try and rely on steam as much going further. I have access to oil through both an Oil Drilling Rig and an Advanced Pump with BC geysers, so I was looking at the setup for nitro-diesel on the fuel refining spreadsheet linked here but was having a little difficulty reading it to see exactly what the true net gain would be for creating and burning one cycle (presumably 5000L) of nitro-diesel.
If you are talking pre-cracking nitrodiesel it's on the "Low tech..." page of the document, and you want to look at the Output of nitrodiesel on cell M37: ~295Eu/t <- meaning it's this much per tick after the costs of the above setup...
Now given that the setup in the document is based on oilsand it shouldn't be too hard to alter it for your own use... since oilsand -> oil is just a centrifuge at 10'000Eu per 1'000L oil.
But to be efficient, 5'000L of nitrodiesel is that production-line run 8 times(since 625x8=5'000)
So it's [! calculates !] 2'402'281.2824 EU net if you have 4'000L BC oil equivalent. Total energy content in nitrodiesel is 512k Eu per bucket or in this example 2'560'000 EU
So you get 5'000L nitrodiesel from BC oil at a processing cost of less than 200k EU and you get out about 2'403k EU at a rate of 469Eu/t (this is based of the speed of the LV distillery and does not include losses from a MV diesel genny)
I did this calculation pretty fast so there might be some mistakes but it should be pretty accurate, did this help you or can you tell me what is unclear :)
Edit: misstype

Last edited:
N

Nightfire731

I think that gives me a general idea - if those numbers are correct, I'm netting somewhere around 2.2 million EU per 5 buckets of nitro-diesel. I'll definitely have to work on setting this up, then. Thanks for the help!

M

MrJoshua

Im trying to heat up an IC2 Fermenter with an IC2 Electric Heat Generator. I have a low voltage battery buffer (GregTech)->copper wire(GregTech)->low voltage transformer (GregTech)->Electric Heat Generator (IC2)->Fermenter (IC2).
It worked! For a few seconds. Long enough to produce 200mb of BioGas. And then it just stopped.
I verified there is still power in the battery and an empty battery will still be topped off from the connected generator.

I have no idea why it would have just stopped. Any ideas?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Im trying to heat up an IC2 Fermenter with an IC2 Electric Heat Generator. I have a low voltage battery buffer (GregTech)->copper wire(GregTech)->low voltage transformer (GregTech)->Electric Heat Generator (IC2)->Fermenter (IC2).
It worked! For a few seconds. Long enough to produce 200mb of BioGas. And then it just stopped.
I verified there is still power in the battery and an empty battery will still be topped off from the connected generator.

I have no idea why it would have just stopped. Any ideas?
Why are you using a low voltage transformer when you have LV batteries as a power source?

M

MrJoshua

Why are you using a low voltage transformer when you have LV batteries as a power source?
The only reason the transformer is in the mix is because it is the only way GT power can be sent to IC2 machines, not because I needed to step the voltage. Trying the same setup with MV was going to be my next attempt, except this worked (even if just for a few seconds) so I know this setup should work.
But if you have reason to think thats the issue...

S

Sven "flamestrider"

The only reason the transformer is in the mix is because it is the only way GT power can be sent to IC2 machines, not because I needed to step the voltage. Trying the same setup with MV was going to be my next attempt, except this worked (even if just for a few seconds) so I know this setup should work.
According to http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity at the bottom in energy conversion you never need a transformer for going from GT to IC2... that's why I was curious about the transformer... I just had my own heat generator hooked directly to my GT power grid, nothing different about hooking up that for me than any GT based machine.

M

MrJoshua

According to http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity at the bottom in energy conversion you never need a transformer for going from GT to IC2... that's why I was curious about the transformer... I just had my own heat generator hooked directly to my GT power grid, nothing different about hooking up that for me than any GT based machine.
Huh. Misread that. So I only need the transformer for IC2 power to GT machines. OK...
So Now I have removed the transformer and its Battery Buffer (GT)->Heat generator(IC2)->Fermenter(IC2). I couldn't have the copper cable between the battery buffer and the heat generator because the GT copper cable wouldnt connect to any side of the heat generator. (The original reason I though I had to have the transformer)
But still no luck. I have the copper faces of the heat generator and fermenter facing each other. I have tried every face of the battery buffer. The battery buffer has charged batteries. I have tried both an LV and MV battery buffer.

Edit: Oh, and yes, the heat generator has coils.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
YOu have it wrong way around. for converting IC2 EU -> GT Machines you need transformer. Not for GT EU to power IC2 machines :)

M

MrJoshua

YOu have it wrong way around. for converting IC2 EU -> GT Machines you need transformer. Not for GT EU to power IC2 machines :)
Ugh, Im spending way to much time on this....
I get now that I dont need the transformer. But I still cant get it to work with just a battery buffer (GT) with charged batteries, heat generator(IC2) with coils, and the fermenter(IC2) with Biomass (IC2).

Does it matter how many Amps/Voltage the battery buffer provides to the heat generator? Ive tried LV and MV with 1, 2, 3 and 4 batteries, but it would be nice to know if there is a "right" answer so I can at least remove that as a variable.

Seppl93

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, Im spending way to much time on this....
I get now that I dont need the transformer. But I still cant get it to work with just a battery buffer (GT) with charged batteries, heat generator(IC2) with coils, and the fermenter(IC2) with Biomass (IC2).

Does it matter how many Amps/Voltage the battery buffer provides to the heat generator? Ive tried LV and MV with 1, 2, 3 and 4 batteries, but it would be nice to know if there is a "right" answer so I can at least remove that as a variable.

Did you try to place the IC2 Machines right next to the battery buffer? (without an cable between battery buffer and IC2 Machine)

M

MrJoshua

Did you try to place the IC2 Machines right next to the battery buffer? (without an cable between battery buffer and IC2 Machine)
Yes.
As far as I can tell that is the only option because the GT cables wont connect to the IC2 machines and the IC2 cables wont connect to the GT machines.

N

Nightfire731

Is there a way to use Item Conduits to insert and remove batteries from a Battery Buffer? I could get it to pull batteries from a chest into the buffer, but I could not get it to take empty batteries out of the buffer so that they could be replaced. I wanted to set up a way to automate Acid Batteries in and out of the buffer to use up the sulfuric acid I produce, but even item filters won't let me remove empty batteries unless I'm doing something wrong. I had a basic item filter with an empty battery whitelisted for extraction on in/out mode.

EDIT: Never mind, it did work with empty Acid Batteries. I was testing the concept with Lithium Batteries and assumed it would work the same, though it does make me wonder why I can't do the same with rechargeable batteries too.

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Is there a way to use Item Conduits to insert and remove batteries from a Battery Buffer? I could get it to pull batteries from a chest into the buffer, but I could not get it to take empty batteries out of the buffer so that they could be replaced. I wanted to set up a way to automate Acid Batteries in and out of the buffer to use up the sulfuric acid I produce, but even item filters won't let me remove empty batteries unless I'm doing something wrong. I had a basic item filter with an empty battery whitelisted for extraction on in/out mode.

EDIT: Never mind, it did work with empty Acid Batteries. I was testing the concept with Lithium Batteries and assumed it would work the same, though it does make me wonder why I can't do the same with rechargeable batteries too.
The automation of rechargeable batteries have been nerfed to prevent "lossless" transmission of power, the reason single-use works is because an empty single-use battery is no longer a battery.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Yes.
As far as I can tell that is the only option because the GT cables wont connect to the IC2 machines and the IC2 cables wont connect to the GT machines.
could you sceenshot to show us, given that you still have issued getting it to work?

M

MrJoshua

could you sceenshot to show us, given that you still have issued getting it to work?
Sure. Not sure how valuable it is, but here you go.
Thanks for taking the time.
gregtech.png

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Sure. Not sure how valuable it is, but here you go.
Thanks for taking the time.
View attachment 28778
Decided to test it myself to see what was wrong... seems like none of the sides of the Electric Heat Generator can receive power in this pack... It does work if you insert either GT or IC2 batteries into the powerslot. Dunno what the issue is with it's faces, might be a bug? You can either run the EHG with batteries(caps it's speed at 32Heat) or just go "low-tech" with a Solid Heat Generator(caps it's speed at 20Heat) ;)

Reactions: MrPopov