[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Jason (and/or BloodAsp), I found a bug:

While investigating the strange lack of nether quartz and sulfur in the Nether, I tried a couple of things, including changing weights, verifying heights, etc. However, I have now found the problem:

The Nether is generating ores based on the overworld enable flag, not the nether flag.

That is, flipping "B:Overworld=false" to "B:Overworld=true" on the netherquartz vein config made it start generating in the nether. Apparently the nether oregen is ignoring B:Nether_[true/false] and going based on the overworld ores instead.

I'm using version 3.2.9.

This isn't THAT much of a big deal for the nether, but I'm concerned that when we get to the Moon/Mars/Asteroids that their oregen is going to be borked as well.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019

While investigating the strange lack of nether quartz and sulfur in the Nether, I tried a couple of things, including changing weights, verifying heights, etc. However, I have now found the problem:

The Nether is generating ores based on the overworld enable flag, not the nether flag.

That is, flipping "B:Overworld=false" to "B:Overworld=true" on the netherquartz vein config made it start generating in the nether. Apparently the nether oregen is ignoring B:Nether_[true/false] and going based on the overworld ores instead.

I'm using version 3.2.9.

This isn't THAT much of a big deal for the nether, but I'm concerned that when we get to the Moon/Mars/Asteroids that their oregen is going to be borked as well.
I've never seen nether quartz ore in the overworld and there are nether quartz veins in the nether (on the official infitech2 server).

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen nether quartz ore in the overworld and there are nether quartz veins in the nether (on the official infitech2 server).

I realize I'm hitting an edge case, DarknessShadow. If it were an issue on the official server then Jason would have fixed it and I wouldn't be submitting a bug report trying to get help with it.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

Decrease that to 4. Never give minecraft more than 4 GB.

I have an almost identical PC build as you, use a resource pack, use 4GB and have no lag spikes at all. Though on my older PC I did have the issue you describe, so I know what you are dealing with...

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

I'm using version 3.2.9.

The nether has sulphur an quartz for me. How are you playing the pack? Did you make any changes yourself?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019

I have an almost identical PC build as you, use a resource pack, use 4GB and have no lag spikes at all. Though on my older PC I did have the issue you describe, so I know what you are dealing with...
Why not more than 4 GB?

T

Tiphon

still lagging =(

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
What resource pack are you using?
Are you using the suggested javs arguments on the first page of this thread?

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
The nether has sulphur an quartz for me. How are you playing the pack? Did you make any changes yourself?

The only changes that I can think of that might be relevant is that we're using Extra Biomes XL, Biomes O Plenty, and Highlands all at the same time via Climate Control. But my understanding is that that only affects the overworld.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
The only changes that I can think of that might be relevant is that we're using Extra Biomes XL, Biomes O Plenty, and Highlands all at the same time via Climate Control. But my understanding is that that only affects the overworld.

You have those plus other changes!? Almost certainly due to something you've changed, especially considering you're the only one with this issue.

You can likely figure it out by process of elimination.

If I were you I'd take a step back and ask myself if all these additions are really worth the headache... You're playing with fire changing anything in a massively rebalanced pack like this...

T

Tiphon

What resource pack are you using?
Are you using the suggested javs arguments on the first page of this thread?
yes, i've tried any combinations of java arguments that suggested. My resource pack is Soartex/Invictus

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
You have those plus other changes!? Almost certainly due to something you've changed, especially considering you're the only one with this issue.

You can likely figure it out by process of elimination.

If I were you I'd take a step back and ask myself if all these additions are really worth the headache... You're playing with fire changing anything in a massively rebalanced pack like this...

After some tinkering, it appears to be Biomes O Plenty that's doing it. I think I'll try to solve that by pregenerating the nether out to some distant coords and then adding the mod again.

C

_Chillkroete_

Hey guys!
So i tried building the IC2 reactor steam setup in Infitech and ran into a problem. The design (here) is taken from a guy on this thread and i ran into a problem: The Liquid Heat exchangers (i have 10 heat conductors in each) display only 80/100 transmitted heat. This leaves the steam producer without enough heat to produce superheated steam, which breaks the setup. I tested it with only IC2 installed and there it worked. So i suppose it has something to do with the pack?

Here my setup:

Attachments

• 2016-07-18_10.24.05.jpg
    2016-07-18_10.24.05.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 49

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey guys!
So i tried building the IC2 reactor steam setup in Infitech and ran into a problem. The design (here) is taken from a guy on this thread and i ran into a problem: The Liquid Heat exchangers (i have 10 heat conductors in each) display only 80/100 transmitted heat. This leaves the steam producer without enough heat to produce superheated steam, which breaks the setup. I tested it with only IC2 installed and there it worked. So i suppose it has something to do with the pack?

Here my setup:
That link doesn't actually show the reactor design anywhere I can see. Can you show a screenshot of your reactor gui open (so I can see heat unit rate) and ideally a link to one of the IC2 reactor design simulators?

C

_Chillkroete_

I dont need help with the reactor itself. That one is working well and I am happy with it!
But when i have hot coolant and want to produce steam while cooling that down with Heat Exchanger/Steam Producer I run into the above mentioned problems. Just assume the reactor works fine and produces an infinite supply of hot coolant

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dont need help with the reactor itself. That one is working well and I am happy with it!
But when i have hot coolant and want to produce steam while cooling that down with Heat Exchanger/Steam Producer I run into the above mentioned problems. Just assume the reactor works fine and produces an infinite supply of hot coolant
You said they're producing 80/100 heat. That means either it doesn't have enough heating coils, it doesn't have enough hot coolant, or the system is backing up because it cannot send cold coolant somewhere.
First problem: Confirm you have enough coils
Second problem: Confirm the machine has enough hot coolant
Third problem: confirm the cold coolant can go somewhere (I use thermal expansion tanks as buffers)

Btw, the reason I asked for your design specifics is because you said you were using 10 Heat Exchangers. I wanted to confirm that your system generates enough heat to supply that.

C

_Chillkroete_

With 10 Exchangers i meant 10 Coils - Sorry for that slipup.
First Problem: I have 10 Coils in both heat exchangers
Second Problem: internal Buffer is full
Third Problem: internal buffer for cold coolant is empty

Attached you see the GUI of one of the heat exchangers and the GUI of the steam producer. It switches between 0HU/t while producing steam and 160EU/t while outputting destilled water ... Really weired.

The goal is to produce superheated steam, but with 160HU/t i can not get there =/

Attachments

• 2016-07-18_16.22.45.png
    2016-07-18_16.22.45.png
    277 KB · Views: 58
  • 2016-07-18_16.22.50.png
    2016-07-18_16.22.50.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 2016-07-18_16.19.16.png
    2016-07-18_16.19.16.png
    482.8 KB · Views: 53