[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm feeling really dumb right now. I just forgot bronze age completely. :(
So, this is my current set up:
  • Two Small Coal Boilers and a Simple Solar Boiler feeding into a Railcraft Tank
  • Small Bronze Fluid pipe (800L/sec) from Railcraft Tank to back of Steam Alloy Smelter
When I place 3 copper and a tin in the smelter, nothing happens at all. It looks like it isn't getting steam at all, no clue why.

EDIT: I also can't turn in the quest for making crafting an Iron Tank. It won't detect my walls for some reason.
You need to have valve on the bottom of the tank, not in the side.

Reactions: EchoingZen
R

rrbrussell

I am trying to plan for a large Biogas-powered turbine. What does the EU burn value per tick in the turbine tool tip mean?
Does it mean that I need to provide that number/32eu/t Liters of Biogas per tick? which is what I assume it means based on the information from http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Large_Turbine or do I have it completely wrong.

C

ColdComfort

Is there a way to extract dead batteries from Gregtech Battery Buffers? Filtered EnderIO conduits don't seem to be able to move things out of buffers, and neither does the conveyor module. Any ideas?

C

ColdComfort

Taking out batterys per automation is intentionally blocked to prevent zero loss energy transfer.
Ah, damn. Was hoping to make use of the wind and water turbines, but wires don't connect, so moving the batteries seemed like the best way. Sigh!

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Taking out batterys per automation is intentionally blocked to prevent zero loss energy transfer.
I really don't like that "feature". I know its intended that we uptransform and then use low loss cables for longer (10-100 blocks) distances but in reality we are just transporting the fuel around without any loss ignoring the other method completely.

@Blood Asp What about allowing automatic extraction and insertion of batteries but they automatically lose ~10% of the energy when you do it?

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I agree as well. I am not a fan of this "feature", however I understand why it exists.
It's really only an issue for instantanous item transport like ender io. Would it be possible to only enable battery transport in buildcraft/logistic pipes only? Their slowness and cumbersome nature would be a fair tradeoff I think!

That being said I recall talk about how you can power the desulfuration of fuel by the biproduct. I assumed this was done by making sulfuric batteries and automating their recycling. Is this not possible now then? Or if this is wrong how do you powere this step?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I agree as well. I am not a fan of this "feature", however I understand why it exists.
It's really only an issue for instantanous item transport like ender io. Would it be possible to only enable battery transport in buildcraft/logistic pipes only? Their slowness and cumbersome nature would be a fair tradeoff I think!

That being said I recall talk about how you can power the desulfuration of fuel by the biproduct. I assumed this was done by making sulfuric batteries and automating their recycling. Is this not possible now then? Or if this is wrong how do you powere this step?
Single use batteries don't have this restriction and I don't think it will work with logisticspipe because you could simply put it into a chest and then let enderio conduits take over (btw gt pipes are also instantaneous).

C

ColdComfort

DarknessShadow makes a good point, I just pipe fuel, but there are several passive power generation methods that are basically unusable because you can't hook up cables to them, but have battery charging slots.

What about having a cover or machine that consumes power, and does the removing of the batteries?

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Single use batteries don't have this restriction and I don't think it will work with logisticspipe because you could simply put it into a chest and then let enderio conduits take over (btw gt pipes are also instantaneous).

Oh okay that's not that much of an issue if single use work for extraction!

U

UNG_God

zero? have you forgot about the discharge cost? On gt only ulv energy is lossless.

Anyway i also noticed that interaction with gt hp small boiler aside water is blocked, it really blown me down that i cant automate the fuel to it. Also i think i might have a problem with the board for energy and data thing, since fluorite (i suppose it is) have only a few ways to be created and so far those dust arent that common.
I am having some frustration with crops, i am not getting them as i try, even the quest book saying to get bobs and oil early, so far it did not happens, seems kind of outdated and the system isnt that friendly anymore, anyone have an update chart of those new crops and what they need? a have a titania but a illmenite dont grown it and the bauxia dont use bauxite but aluminum ore.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
zero? have you forgot about the discharge cost? On gt only ulv energy is lossless.

Anyway i also noticed that interaction with gt hp small boiler aside water is blocked, it really blown me down that i cant automate the fuel to it. Also i think i might have a problem with the board for energy and data thing, since fluorite (i suppose it is) have only a few ways to be created and so far those dust arent that common.
I am having some frustration with crops, i am not getting them as i try, even the quest book saying to get bobs and oil early, so far it did not happens, seems kind of outdated and the system isnt that friendly anymore, anyone have an update chart of those new crops and what they need? a have a titania but a illmenite dont grown it and the bauxia dont use bauxite but aluminum ore.
I think the boiler automationg was blocked because its way more efficent that the large boiler and basically made them obsolete.

There is no website with the new crops.
I've made the tooltips for the ic2 crops in this modpack and thats everything I know :/
If anyone finds something new about the crops that is not in the tooltips it would be really really good to post that here in the forum or on github so we can add that to the tooltip so everyone can profit.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I this the boiler automationg was blocked because its way more efficent that the large boiler and basically made them obsolete.
Note this is much less so the case since the GT 5.09 large boiler buff, even a large bronze boiler is 66% of the efficiency of a HP coal boiler, double what it was before. Although it's less profound at higher levels by the tungstensteel it achieves parity in efficiency even. Actually double checking the change log the steam age boiler nerf came several minor versions after the large boiler buff (5.09.0 vs 5.09.16), might still be related though.

F

FutureCode

For any IC2 crop, you need the corresponding oredicted ore or block. But since we don't have the ore (a 'titanium ore' is needed), you have to use a titanium block.

I think the boiler automationg was blocked because its way more efficent that the large boiler and basically made them obsolete.

Well, this pack has thaumcraft, it's more efficient to turn a charcoal into alumentum and feed to large bronze boilers than burning it directly in high pressure boilers. So you can throw those high pressure boilers away once you build a large boiler.

U

UNG_God

Once you get to the point where you can supply a large boiler or RC hp boiler with no problem, gt hp small boiler is a nice and simple way to get some constant steam with little waste, as to recicle it is very simple, but blocking the feed of charcoal, makes it less interesting. The setup to produce alumentaum is a problem one must solve before using large boilers non stop.

The problem with the metal block is just the example titanium, is very complex to get it, and to "waste" 9 ingots to get a leaf dont seems very attractive, since we still need the ore to use with the leaf after all.

i am impressed how while playing this pack i always end up with a kick on the knee at some point, i was planning to use the saplings i get from the forestry farm to make some plant balls but i cant, they arent ore dict to allow that.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get to the point where you can supply a large boiler or RC hp boiler with no problem, gt hp small boiler is a nice and simple way to get some constant steam with little waste, as to recicle it is very simple, but blocking the feed of charcoal, makes it less interesting. The setup to produce alumentaum is a problem one must solve before using large boilers non stop.

The problem with the metal block is just the example titanium, is very complex to get it, and to "waste" 9 ingots to get a leaf dont seems very attractive, since we still need the ore to use with the leaf after all.

i am impressed how while playing this pack i always end up with a kick on the knee at some point, i was planning to use the saplings i get from the forestry farm to make some plant balls but i cant, they arent ore dict to allow that.
Using 9 ingots to get lots of titanium in the long run doesn't seem to be expensive. You shouldn't forget the Titania Leaf in the autoclave for only 5mb UUmatter (btw you get titanium ore which means no rutile processing step inbetween your titanium ingot).

We could probably fix the plantball recipe for forestry in the next version. (adding recipes with oredic to gregtech machines via minetweaker doesnt work -> annoying to add those recipes)

Last edited:
T

Tiphon

I've got freezing fps lags for long time and this really makes me crazy... Mostly it goes smothly with ~50 fps but suddenly freezes game for like 3-4 seconds. Restarting the game help me to spare from freezes for ~20 min. It happens much more frequently with resource packs. I've got good PC (8 GB, 6 core processor, medium graphic card). Game runs low graphic quality.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I've got freezing fps lags for long time and this really makes me crazy... Mostly it goes smothly with ~50 fps but suddenly freezes game for like 3-4 seconds. Restarting the game help me to spare from freezes for ~20 min. It happens much more frequently with resource packs. I've got good PC (8 GB, 6 core processor, medium graphic card). Game runs low graphic quality.
I had this problem when opis was enabled.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

How much ram are you giving minecraft?