[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So, material bags or coin bags?
Generally speaking material bags if you just want resources, or coin bags if you want something specific. The shop purchases tend to be available well after the tier of material bags that gives those materials though, you also unlock component bags later which directly give things like motors, conveyors, and robot arms.

For early game? Pre-LV material bags are a pretty reliable source of fairly hefty amounts of iron, tin, and copper, should be able to replace a tin vein by themselves through to LV if you're not notably unlucky. Building a BBF could throw that number off admittedly.

Reactions: EchoingZen

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Generally speaking material bags if you just want resources, or coin bags if you want something specific. The shop purchases tend to be available well after the tier of material bags that gives those materials though, you also unlock component bags later which directly give things like motors, conveyors, and robot arms.

For early game? Pre-LV material bags are a pretty reliable source of fairly hefty amounts of iron, tin, and copper, should be able to replace a tin vein by themselves through to LV if you're not notably unlucky. Building a BBF could throw that number off admittedly.

Good to know. I think i'll grab a few material bags from my starter quests. Are there any items that are exclusively obtained from the shop or material bags? (I wouldn't think so, but I'm obsess over being able to obtain each item.)

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
We have this new recipe now.
3x Pu244 Ingot -> 3x Pu244 dust + 50mb Radon

Is that basically making radon out of "nothing"?
Plutonium (iirc) will decay and and emit radon as one of its radioactive byproducts, so for as long as there is still plutonium, there will be radon gas produced. The half-life of plutonium in minecraft terms is long enough that the loss of plutonium can just be disregarded.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a problem while gathering mats for the magic mirror. I can't seem to craft the iconographic plates (no recipe), which are then converted into mirrored glass via shapeless crafting. Could I be missing some research? I have the Thaumic Iconograph and Magic Mirror researches done already, both of which rely on mirrored glass, but no way to craft it.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a problem while gathering mats for the magic mirror. I can't seem to craft the iconographic plates (no recipe), which are then converted into mirrored glass via shapeless crafting. Could I be missing some research? I have the Thaumic Iconograph and Magic Mirror researches done already, both of which rely on mirrored glass, but no way to craft it.
For mirrored glass, I think you'll need the assembler, using a glass pane and quicksilver drop.

L

ldar

Hello me and my freind bought a server to play this pack on but the server download is broken it seems. could i get any assistance with this?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hello me and my freind bought a server to play this pack on but the server download is broken it seems. could I get any assistance with this?
A) Sorry but i just sold my infinite range telescope, so can't really see how it is broken or what version are you trying to install, or from where you are downloading the server files
B) In case you are getting 3.2.10 or 3.2.10.1, and downloading the server from the Menu by clicking on server files button, yes I forgot to update the links in there, so it grabs 3.2.9 instead of what it should. So you can just replace the 3_2_9 with the version you want (or just download it through the FTB launcher))

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hello me and my freind bought a server to play this pack on but the server download is broken it seems. could i get any assistance with this?
I would recommend contacting your server provider. They should be able to help you with that.

Otherwise, there is a server provider that Jason proposed or there is the one that i use (technical servise is fast anf efficient any time of the day) which is called "akliz". Been using this provider for a few years now and always have been totally satisfied. Server are up to date usually merely a week after the new version has come out (Infitech 3.2.10.1 for example has just been release a few days ago and is already up and running on the Akliz server.)

As for the prices though, i have not compared them so i cannot say if it cost a lot more or less than other.

L

ldar

Sorry i gave you so little info on the problem.
We had got suport to install infitech 2 for us before with this server host that was like 8-9 months ago and then it worked fine.
The suport gave us this answers after we asked them to download the server file from the ftb launcher.
"The server download seems to be broken the main JAR file does not work."
"None of the server jars won't launch it's giving us errors on startup."
My freind ran the server pack just to test it out and it stopped at please wait for minecraft log before killing it or something among thoose lines.
the server stopped there and never continued after we tried 3 times on 30min/1 hour periods.

i would just like to know if the server download from the ftb launcher works fine for anyone else or where i can find the instructions on downloading the pack. i also wondered if you guys had a place with all server downloads avaible

L

ldar

well my freind cant use an installer it seems. my pc run the server just fine after a 4 min startup. il complain to the suport so they will fix it just ignore my post.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry i gave you so little info on the problem.
We had got suport to install infitech 2 for us before with this server host that was like 8-9 months ago and then it worked fine.
The suport gave us this answers after we asked them to download the server file from the ftb launcher.
"The server download seems to be broken the main JAR file does not work."
"None of the server jars won't launch it's giving us errors on startup."
My freind ran the server pack just to test it out and it stopped at please wait for minecraft log before killing it or something among thoose lines.
the server stopped there and never continued after we tried 3 times on 30min/1 hour periods.

i would just like to know if the server download from the ftb launcher works fine for anyone else or where i can find the instructions on downloading the pack. i also wondered if you guys had a place with all server downloads avaible
out of curiosity because i know each server host are different. Does your provider provide you with a way to install Infitech directly without you having to download the server file? Usually, most provider provide a multitude of modpack version that are ready to be installed simply by choosing it and starting the server. If they do, that would greatly solve your problem as you could simply delete the standard world and upload yours instead.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys! it's me again! I got back to infitech 2 after pausing minecraft for a few months and I'm a bit lost right now!

I currently have almost every LV machines, the first tier of EBF, an advanced extruder/electrolyser and the precision engraver/forming press/assembler combo for making the universal macerator.

The problem is: my energy generation SUCK I have 2 distilleries pumping biodiesel into a big tank powered by itself and it's slooowly building up, it works fine when I don't have too much to do at the same time but now that I have my oil drilling rig up I just hit a wall so big even trump can't dream about it. I have heavy oil under my base and whether I want to make biodiesel or process the heavy oil I need the distillation tower but that need so much stainless steel I won't make it with my little power generation, also, I think the distillation tower needs cracked fuel somewhere in the recipe, that adds a lot of stainless steel..

So do you have any sugestions about my power issues (should I make more distilleries for biodiesel or start making nitrodiesel with my heavy oil even if it's a waste of oil?) and about my game plans (getting cracking unit and then the distillation tower)? what were you doing at this time of the game? :)

-as a side note I won't use wood, either charcoal for steam or logs for oil, I don't want to.

also jason, watch your step

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question ive noticed that their is an item called holy water i was wondering why it was in the game without actually being craftable. any ideas? also i feel there is a huge lack of different power options.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody, I'm looking for some nether mining advice - after digging an estimated 1,500 blocks of tunnels through the Nether at level 13, I have yet to turn up a single vein of sulfur, despite the ore book saying they should be spawning down there. I've found numerous veins of pretty much every other type, including multiple uranium veins but no sulfur. What gives? Is the ore book not accurate?

In a similar situation, I've found about ten certus/quartzite quartz veins in the nether, but no nether quartz.

Am I incredibly unlucky, or is the ore book wrong?

Note: I'm playing in 3.2.9

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody, I'm looking for some nether mining advice - after digging an estimated 1,500 blocks of tunnels through the Nether at level 13, I have yet to turn up a single vein of sulfur, despite the ore book saying they should be spawning down there. I've found numerous veins of pretty much every other type, including multiple uranium veins but no sulfur. What gives? Is the ore book not accurate?

In a similar situation, I've found about ten certus/quartzite quartz veins in the nether, but no nether quartz.

Am I incredibly unlucky, or is the ore book wrong?

Note: I'm playing in 3.2.9

i would like to note ive never been able to find certus in the nether or nether quartz in the overworld even though the ore spawn book says its possible. ive also barily found any ores except sulfur, iron, copper, and nether quartz ore veins in the nether. ( think most likely because they all have sulfur ore versions).

Garthor

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question ive noticed that their is an item called holy water i was wondering why it was in the game without actually being craftable. any ideas? also i feel there is a huge lack of different power options.

Because Holy Water is one of those "charming" joke items in Gregtech. Try drinking it.