[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Moshakra

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, my Semifluid generator doesn't allow any cables to attach to it - they don't connect to any sides, they just treat it as if it was a non-electric block. Is there a special way to connect it or is this a glitch?

[Placing the generator directly next to the battery buffer also doesn't fill up the battery]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Might be because thermal centrifuges draw more amps than other machines?
This would be my guess as well. The Thermals requires 2A each.

Magic apiaries and the vis booster are pretty much worthless. You can't automate the magic apiary at all (unless logistic pipes works) and it's buggy. EnderIO conduit work for every other type of bee housing (as do LP and BC pipes).

As soon as you get industrial and imperial bees make at least 2 alvearies. You need a LOT of royal jelly to do mutagen. A LOT. Alvearies produce way more product and combs without having to insert frames. I'd absolutely say that they are worth it. After you have a couple Alvearies, and you have enough extra power, then i'd go with industrial apiaries from gendustry.
Agreed. I have 5 alvearies so far dedicated to making royal jelly. Can never have enough of that stuff.

For some reason, my Semifluid generator doesn't allow any cables to attach to it - they don't connect to any sides, they just treat it as if it was a non-electric block. Is there a special way to connect it or is this a glitch?

[Placing the generator directly next to the battery buffer also doesn't fill up the battery]
You're stuck in a weird place between mods. The semifluid generator is an IC2 generator, but we don't have IC2 cables anymore. The proper way to extract energy will be to use a GT transformer, but these can be a bit finnicky too with the amount of power they expect to send/receive. Experiment with the LV transformer in both regular and inverted configurations until you see power go into a battery buffer. Also consider using a portable scanner (test world if you have to) to keep an eye on the blocks; the GT battery buffer can take a while to start filling a battery since it works on its own internal buffer first, and you might not realize your setup is working.

Edit: also, just for what its worth, you'll probably get a lot more power from your creosote oil if you use railcraft liquid fueled boilers (or a GT boiler for that matter)

T

Tiphon

Hello! How to get obsidian or diamond to make first steam macerator? Im unable to mine obsidian with iron and steel pickaxe (that i found in journey in chest)

R

Rogash

Hello! How to get obsidian or diamond to make first steam macerator? Im unable to mine obsidian with iron and steel pickaxe (that i found in journey in chest)
Use cobalt, or thaumium pickaxes (requires a bit of thaumcraft alchemy research)
Also check the gregtech oreguide (craftable ingame from any ore) for mining levels of pickaxes

Moshakra

Jul 29, 2019
This would be my guess as well. The Thermals requires 2A each.

Agreed. I have 5 alvearies so far dedicated to making royal jelly. Can never have enough of that stuff.

You're stuck in a weird place between mods. The semifluid generator is an IC2 generator, but we don't have IC2 cables anymore. The proper way to extract energy will be to use a GT transformer, but these can be a bit finnicky too with the amount of power they expect to send/receive. Experiment with the LV transformer in both regular and inverted configurations until you see power go into a battery buffer. Also consider using a portable scanner (test world if you have to) to keep an eye on the blocks; the GT battery buffer can take a while to start filling a battery since it works on its own internal buffer first, and you might not realize your setup is working.

Edit: also, just for what its worth, you'll probably get a lot more power from your creosote oil if you use railcraft liquid fueled boilers (or a GT boiler for that matter)

doesn't gregtech have its own 'semifluid generator' you could use/configure to use the same recipes?

Also thanks for the info.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
doesn't gregtech have its own 'semifluid generator' you could use/configure to use the same recipes?

Also thanks for the info.
GT5 doesn't have a semifluid generator (although previous versions did if I recall correctly)

We could theoretically add it to another generator but it wouldn't make a huge amount of sense. The existing options (which I mention above) should be sufficient.

I burn all my creosote in a 2x2x3 RC boiler right now (will switch that to a Large Steel Boiler soon)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Go to menu > Mod Options (Or mods, i dont remember how it is called) > Find EnderCore > look for Better Achievements > Set it to false > Click Done, Ok, next, done, etc

I finally got around to figuring out where this is. It appears I have to click on the mod name that's accessible from the Mods button in the main menu. I actually tried doing this last time there was an update before the latest update but something was wrong in a previous update (I don't recall exactly which) that prevented me from clicking the mod name then that got fixed now. It works now for me. I just hope a future modpack update doesn't break it.

Thanks anyway for your posts, Jason! Now I'm off to see if I can figure out a copper vein for some steam era machines. :D One thing I did find out in the last couple of updates is that if I don't restart my world between updates, I got a lot of laggy behavior. I have no idea why that was, but the first time I experienced that was updating from 3.2.4 to 3.2.4.1 and the lag around my base area was terrible.

It never seems to be anywhere near as bad if I restart a new world, not sure why.

Edit: Found copper, now to figure out where tin/cassiterite is! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
If I upgrade the energy inputs to MV on an electric blast furnace do I need to upgrade the muffle, input and outputs to MV as well? (really dont want to blow my blast furnace up lol)

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer, you don't have to change the muffle and input/output.

tier on input/output only affects the inventory size and muffle does nothing atm. I think they will implement something with polution later on.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
As im thinking of rebuilding the ore processing soon i was a bit curious about how things are now with the changes to thaumcraft and the sag mill.

As it looks right now if you want as much main product of a ore you would go for ore cluser into pulverizer for a 4x yield of the main product (this produces clean dust if i remember correctly).

Now if you want to maximize the output of byproducts (osmium comes to mind) instead we use the sag mill which has a higher output than the GT pulverizer by far (you get crushed ores i believe).

So i think the best system now would have two lines, one thaumcraft with pure ore cluster followed by pulverizers and one that starts with sag mill followed by thermal centrifuge, ore washer and centrifuge. I guess you would also need pulverizers here to process washed/centrifuged ore so basically you just add the sag mill at the start of the classical GT ore processing

Also could someone clarify how the sag mill works when it has been gregtechified. Dark steel balls are dissabled i know but can you still use flint for increased output? Also i noticed you can use metal balls from gregtech to grind ores but does it give any bonuses and is there any difference between materials but durability?

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also could someone clarify how the sag mill works when it has been gregtechified. Dark steel balls are dissabled i know but can you still use flint for increased output? Also i noticed you can use metal balls from gregtech to grind ores but does it give any bonuses and is there any difference between materials but durability?
The normal flint/dark steel balls are gone, instead you use GT rounds, iron rounds replace flint, and dark steel rounds replace dark steel balls, have the same stats except for durability. There is also tungstensteel which is just a more durable equivalent to dark steel. As ores are expensive to run through the SAG Mill and the dark steel rounds have about 9x less durability than the old dark steel balls (because they're 9x cheaper to make) you'll need a decent setup most likely, for dark steel it's about 1.8 dark steel rounds consumed per ore, tungstensteel has 5x the durability though so you can get a couple of ores each.

Reactions: Joel Falk

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
It should still be fairly easy to make in bulk, 1 stack of dark steel ingots will give 9 stacks worth of balls which will have the same durability as 64 of the old dark steel balls which lasts quite some time so it should still be fairly easy to have as long as you dont process everything from this method. Just the really good stuff.

Probably gonna take a while to make though between magic bees and processing arrays. They are quite time consuming to craft when you don't have AE2 yet (cant find that damn quartz ;( )

P

Pyromancer56

I'm having an issues with Draconic Bees not producing Draconic Dust. I have my hives in the End and I have tried them in the Apiary, Alveary, and the Industrial Apiary with no luck. They have been operating for about 6 hours now. Is the rate really this bad or is something wrong?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issues with Draconic Bees not producing Draconic Dust. I have my hives in the End and I have tried them in the Apiary, Alveary, and the Industrial Apiary with no luck. They have been operating for about 6 hours now. Is the rate really this bad or is something wrong?
In order to produce secondary output bees need to be in their most comfortable temperature and humidity setting. Check your beealyzer for the species and adjust your location (or change the biome, or use an industrial apiary with appropriate upgrades).

P

Pyromancer56

In order to produce secondary output bees need to be in their most comfortable temperature and humidity setting. Check your beealyzer for the species and adjust your location (or change the biome, or use an industrial apiary with appropriate upgrades).
Guess I shouldn't have assumed the End was cold. Threw in a Cooler Upgrade and started working, thanks.

P

Pyromancer56

So I am having an issue with trying to unlock Draconic Infusion. I had Essence of Scornful Oblivion researched prior to the Dragon Egg recipe change so I can view it despite the fact that it now says missing required research. I had a friend scan an Oblivion Frame and a they had a gotten a clue to a research, but when I scan it I get no clue. I also had scanned the Dragon Egg prior to the update. I have tried scanning and researching everything I can think of that is related to the infusion and I don't know if it's bugged for me or I'm still missing a scan/research. Any help would be appreciated.
2016-05-03_21.03.28.png

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So I am having an issue with trying to unlock Draconic Infusion. I had Essence of Scornful Oblivion researched prior to the Dragon Egg recipe change so I can view it despite the fact that it now says missing required research. I had a friend scan an Oblivion Frame and a they had a gotten a clue to a research, but when I scan it I get no clue. I also had scanned the Dragon Egg prior to the update. I have tried scanning and researching everything I can think of that is related to the infusion and I don't know if it's bugged for me or I'm still missing a scan/research. Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 27239
For Draconic Infusion to be opened you need: Scanned Dragon Egg, Researched Life Essence, and GT Magic Absorber Research (the 2nd one)
For Oblivion Frame you need the Draconic Infusion.

If you will still struggle getting it you can reset the oblivion frame and draconic Infusion researches via command (I am not sure if this syntax work, backup your save before trying, it might reset your whole research):
/tc research <your_name> reset IT_DraconicInfusion - This should reset Draconic Infusion research
/tc research <your_name> reset MB_EssenceOblivion - This should reset Oblivion research
or just cheat the research in (its actually not cheating if you already had it :) )
/tc research <your_name> IT_DraconicInfusion
/tc research <your_name> MB_EssenceOblivion

Once more I am saying that make a backup of your world, or at least your thaumcraft player data (located in the save folder under name <your_name>.thaum and <your_name>.thaumback

P

Pyromancer56

For Draconic Infusion to be opened you need: Scanned Dragon Egg, Researched Life Essence, and GT Magic Absorber Research (the 2nd one)
For Oblivion Frame you need the Draconic Infusion.

If you will still struggle getting it you can reset the oblivion frame and draconic Infusion researches via command (I am not sure if this syntax work, backup your save before trying, it might reset your whole research):
/tc research <your_name> reset IT_DraconicInfusion - This should reset Draconic Infusion research
/tc research <your_name> reset MB_EssenceOblivion - This should reset Oblivion research
or just cheat the research in (its actually not cheating if you already had it :) )
/tc research <your_name> IT_DraconicInfusion
/tc research <your_name> MB_EssenceOblivion

Once more I am saying that make a backup of your world, or at least your thaumcraft player data (located in the save folder under name <your_name>.thaum and <your_name>.thaumback

Thanks for the response. I had scanned a Dragon Egg and researched both Life Essence and Improved Magic Energy Absorbtion prior to the update. Guess I'll give this a shot later since it seems like the only way it will work.