[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I'd suggest that if you use storage drawers to make a storage room make that room without windows and sealed off from your work area, larger setups with all those items visible might cause visual lag since it renders so many items when viewed.(larger setups refer to more than a wall of 10x10 blocks of 2x2 storage drawers, making it display over 400 items can tax any graphics setup ;) )

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
If you'd like a real life quote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcanization If you aren't terribly interested all you need to read is the first paragraph at the very top. It's basically how you vulcanize rubber irl... and Gregtech is about making tech more believable.
Early method is wasteful using loads of natural resources and sulfur to make little rubber, ie very wasteful. Later on, with a (LV or higher) chemical reactor you can make the process much more efficient.

That brings me to more questions: Does the GregTech Recycler produce scrap that can be used to make IC2 scrap boxes? I have no idea what the GregTech recycler does with it's items and the IC2 Recycler is disabled. Is it possible to open scrapboxes in an automatable way with GregTech or another mod in this pack? Most of the ProjectRed blocks that could do that seem to be disabled.

There's also the question of getting more Sulfur. What does it come from? NEI doesn't seem to be very helpful in this regard, it says I should visit the Nether and mine Nether Sulfur Ore. I would've thought there would be small amounts of sulfur from Railcraft around Overworld lava pools but the few underground ones I've seen so far in the Overworld don't seem to give much indication of having any kind of sulfur deposits around them at all.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

B

Bob Lawblah

For now I'm using jabba barrels but they're nowhere near sufficient. I looked into the GT item pipes but the cost is just insane for me right now.

I have a stable setup at least right now, i finally figured out the charcoal pit so my torch/coal power problem is solved. I've also discovered Steve's workshop as well. It feels like a miniature version of AE, really loving it. As for gregtech, I've made a steam furnace and now I'm looking into either a small coal boiler or a simple solar boiler. Don't really know the different and how to start so I'm going to watch a few videos I've found. I guess my next step is to move into doubling my ores that I've collected.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

For now I'm using jabba barrels but they're nowhere near sufficient. I looked into the GT item pipes but the cost is just insane for me right now.

I have a stable setup at least right now, i finally figured out the charcoal pit so my torch/coal power problem is solved. I've also discovered Steve's workshop as well. It feels like a miniature version of AE, really loving it. As for gregtech, I've made a steam furnace and now I'm looking into either a small coal boiler or a simple solar boiler. Don't really know the different and how to start so I'm going to watch a few videos I've found. I guess my next step is to move into doubling my ores that I've collected.
for torches use IC2 resin, from rubber trees... resin + stick = 4 tourches but in an assembler(LV or higher) it's 6 torches, so it's a great source for lighting, and since you need resin collected for rubber anyhow ;)

That brings me to more questions: Does the GregTech Recycler produce scrap that can be used to make IC2 scrap boxes? I have no idea what the GregTech recycler does with it's items and the IC2 Recycler is disabled. Is it possible to open scrapboxes in an automatable way with GregTech or another mod in this pack? Most of the ProjectRed blocks that could do that seem to be disabled.

There's also the question of getting more Sulfur. What does it come from? NEI doesn't seem to be very helpful in this regard, it says I should visit the Nether and mine Nether Sulfur Ore. I would've thought there would be small amounts of sulfur from Railcraft around Overworld lava pools but the few underground ones I've seen so far in the Overworld don't seem to give much indication of having any kind of sulfur deposits around them at all.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Yes, the recycler does produce normal IC2 scrap, dunno if it was added in NEI what gives scrap, but I know that using plank, from wood, gives scrap enough to finish that quest.
Sulfur is found in the Nether, in sulfur(sphalerite and such) veins but it's also quite prevalent deep in overworld mining, in those small ore blocks. But the best source is probably from refining certain ores, like pyrite which is 50% iron 50% sulfur, but most of the processing steps require a good amount of machines for that... it's one of the reasons that make using the redstone cables to make early circuits a viable option since it doesn't require rubber to insulate.

Personally I mined for my own sulfur vein in the nether, I went below Lava lake level and found redstone, sulfur and some other nice goodies... Nether mining is safe-ish if you are careful about how you dig, since lava flows out so quickly.

Reactions: Rogash

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest that if you use storage drawers to make a storage room make that room without windows and sealed off from your work area, larger setups with all those items visible might cause visual lag since it renders so many items when viewed.(larger setups refer to more than a wall of 10x10 blocks of 2x2 storage drawers, making it display over 400 items can tax any graphics setup ;) )
Is the game really smart enough to avoid rendering the labels by just putting solid walls in front of them? The GPU will cull the geometry rendering late in the pipeline, but I would expect Minecraft to at least go through the motions of trying to render them regardless, as long as you're looking in their general direction. Use of the concealment key would guarantee they don't try rendering though.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

Just spent a bit of time carving through the nether at level 12/13. The idea being, that if I didn't actually find a sulfur vein, I centrifuge the netherrack I gathered trying to find it. Found my first Nickel vein along the way as well!

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
for torches use IC2 resin, from rubber trees... resin + stick = 4 tourches but in an assembler(LV or higher) it's 6 torches, so it's a great source for lighting, and since you need resin collected for rubber anyhow ;)

Yes, the recycler does produce normal IC2 scrap, dunno if it was added in NEI what gives scrap, but I know that using plank, from wood, gives scrap enough to finish that quest.
Sulfur is found in the Nether, in sulfur(sphalerite and such) veins but it's also quite prevalent deep in overworld mining, in those small ore blocks. But the best source is probably from refining certain ores, like pyrite which is 50% iron 50% sulfur, but most of the processing steps require a good amount of machines for that... it's one of the reasons that make using the redstone cables to make early circuits a viable option since it doesn't require rubber to insulate.

Personally I mined for my own sulfur vein in the nether, I went below Lava lake level and found redstone, sulfur and some other nice goodies... Nether mining is safe-ish if you are careful about how you dig, since lava flows out so quickly.

I just finished a big mining trip, after finding a Copper/Iron/Pyrite vein (ores not in any particular order) and it had numerous small sulfur ores in it too. So I picked a lot of it up. The only downer about the mining trip was that I had to exit all the way out of the client due to some desync bug that was preventing me from placing torches or doing anything in the inventory. Weirdness. Ended up restarting the modpack to fix it.

As for mining in the Nether, I might want to do that on Peaceful mode, it's hard enough finding my way around that dimension without the Ghasts taking potshots at me. I never did learn what a really good bow is in this modpack. Anyone know what will take out Ghasts and suchlike fast? If it's a good early game item, that'd be a bonus! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

F

FutureCode

Ghasts are silly enough to be ignored. They can't hit you when you are running on the surface, and they stop firing when you descend to underground and start mining.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I usually play on easy and a single shot from a power II bow kills a ghast. Not sure on normal/hard though.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I usually either deflect their fireballs (this is a fun little-game) either ignore them tbh; the only time I kill them with a bow or something is when I'm mining on surface

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing about ignoring them is that often you end up with a patchy broken surface with fire everywhere. I also had one open up a single lava source that entirely surrounded my portal. I shoot the buggers on sight.

B

Bob Lawblah

I'm glad I started a rubber tree farm early because I hear the resin is important later on. I'm enjoying being forced to look for alternatives to things I would normally do a certain way. For example wanting to build a water tank but needing slime, so going fishing for 3 hours trying to catch jellyfish lol. Really liking it.

Question about the steam machines. I've been testing some things in creative before I blow myself up and I can't get the steam compressor to work. Macerator, furnace all seem fine but the boilers don't seem to want to power the compressor. Anything obvious I'm missing? I tried running the gregtech fluid cables (small) on the top of the compressor sides and bottom and no luck so far. Should I be using larger cables?

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad I started a rubber tree farm early because I hear the resin is important later on. I'm enjoying being forced to look for alternatives to things I would normally do a certain way. For example wanting to build a water tank but needing slime, so going fishing for 3 hours trying to catch jellyfish lol. Really liking it.

Question about the steam machines. I've been testing some things in creative before I blow myself up and I can't get the steam compressor to work. Macerator, furnace all seem fine but the boilers don't seem to want to power the compressor. Anything obvious I'm missing? I tried running the gregtech fluid cables (small) on the top of the compressor sides and bottom and no luck so far. Should I be using larger cables?
How did you setup a rubber tree faem early on? Golems are now rip

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

B

Bob Lawblah

How did you setup a rubber tree faem early on? Golems are now rip

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

it's not automated :p I have like 30 rubber trees and I go around with a treetap and get the resin I see. Usually get a decent amount from it.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

Is the vent blocked, by any chance?

Reactions: Pyure

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, once I get into LV I'll split up my multifarm into arboretum + rubber farm, at least I hope that works or perhaps they are of different types, which would suck.

Really looked forward to the LP network, but that also requires MV ;_; Is there any other method for autocrafting? I wanted to perhaps setup an inventarium from automagy but feels like a waste if I have to redo it for the LP network later.
edit: Oh shoot that required centivis, man for having played this long I am clearly a newbie.

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Is the vent blocked, by any chance?
If it's not what SolMan said then what is the issue you(Bob) are having? Is it "coughing" and displaying an icon inside the compressor? If so then yes, you need more steam input, this can be easily remedied by either using bigger steam pipes or by placing the compressor first among the machines from where the steam is coming, and since GT pipes "slosh" their fluids in both directions their I/O isn't always true to the tooltip... unless you use covers to specifically hinder back-sloshing, but that's a later solution anyway.

Reactions: Sixpaq