[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
No, pretty sure they'll still try to insert as normal and eject the item onto the ground if it's full. That's why I mentioned clay pipes, they are specifically a type of pipe that will put items into an inventory if possible but otherwise just continue along.

AH must've missed that, that'll make it simple. nice to know it's possible pre-LV, though considering I just made the copper wand I still have some time to go :p

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Have the goggles of revealing been gated in some way? I've done the early research (just setting up an alchemical construct) but the entry for the goggles is yet to show up.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Have the goggles of revealing been gated in some way? I've done the early research (just setting up an alchemical construct) but the entry for the goggles is yet to show up.

I had it from the beginning, so I think it might be gated by researching a certain type of aspect, volatus or lucrum perhaps? Just scan all your items, and remember it can scan inside your inventory.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
In one version they required gold transmutation I think but that's since been removed because it was kinda stupid.

R

Rogash

AH must've missed that,Support 'll make it simple. nice to know it's possible pre-LV, though considering I just made the copper wand I still have some time to go :p
You should consider that making a greatwood wand core needs full vis support gear (if it wasn't changed) including goggles of revealing that needs a gold spring that needs a bending machine that needs....

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You should consider that making a greatwood wand core needs full vis support gear (if it wasn't changed) including goggles of revealing that needs a gold spring that needs a bending machine that needs....
The greatwood wand core was changed, lowered to 20 vis so it can be crafted with just a wood/copper wand and no discounts. However the staff cores had their cost raised so that you require full discount gear and their wand type to create them, greatwood/silver, elemental/silver, or silverwood/thaumium respectively.

Reactions: Pyure and Rogash

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I had it from the beginning, so I think it might be gated by researching a certain type of aspect, volatus or lucrum perhaps? Just scan all your items, and remember it can scan inside your inventory.

It's probably this - I'll check to see if I'm missing something.

UPDATE: Nope, it was the gold transmutation that opened it.

@Xavion - fyi I am on the latest version on the FTB launcher (3.2.4).

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
To keep a player warm and dry while he makes his way through the early steam era, what better build-style is there than Steampunk? This is my home so far...
mal-2016-04-15_11.31.35.png

Ground floor is cramped and is mostly just an entry way to a ladder. Second floor is a simple "Storage Drawer" storage area and is very organized. Third floor is my steam setup pictured below. Fourth floor is very early LV. No place for Thaumcraft yet, but I am working on it. Hanging off the south side of the house is my 3x3x5 charcoal pit and RC water tower. You can also catch a glimpse of a simple solar boiler that supplements the two small coal boilers inside the house. The chicken above the windmill is my guest of honor. You cannot see the lead around his neck in this picture, but the name of the chicken (and the name town) is The Choking Chicken.

mal-2016-04-15_11.30.04.png

The watermill on the north side and the windmil are cosmetic for now, but I hope to incorporate wind and hydro power somehow just for fun and to waste more resources.

mal-2016-04-15_15.37.31.png

This is the third floor steam setup. The glass tanks of steam required much wasted resources for pump covers to make it work, but it looks cool when I am running low on steam and the levels are going up and down. All pipes are large, again to waste resources and because it looks better. I had to be careful about air spaces around the lava inside the Bronze Blast Furnace to make sure the structure cannot catch on fire. So far, so good.

Certainly a bit more ... glamorous than what im using, right now its just a hole in a hill really ... combined with my usual cluelessness about automation, maybe ill make it pretty later, maybe.
You probably already know about conduits moving in and out of those tanks, there was a point when conduits were cheap enough that id have a 32-bucket buffer tank on each of my basic steam machines, just so i could run non stop without worrying about running out of steam... i could do that now still, but i hate dodging fireballs ... it seriously feels like the ghast spawns have gone through the roof, i dont even have to be in the nether for 30 seconds for one to spawn and try to fireball my portal again.

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Im firmly in IV tier and have a thamium capped crafting sceptre and infusion craftin etc so techwise there should be no limitation for me.

Can you feed water directly into a alchemical construct to get the aqua essentia? Then i just need to smelt cobble into stone to get 2x terra from each block if i remember correctly and have a hungry chest+item conduits and a jabba barrel and let it run untill the alumentum or stone runs out. Should be rather simple to make :)

I should probably make a cobblegen and some automated smelting as i will need 1 stone for each clay, gonna add up quite quickly. I actually have a ignis boosted infernal furnace i could use to smelt the cobble into stone so i could just place the alchemical construction in front of the furnace and build some transfer pipe cobblegen and a dropper at the top of it. I do have some 300-400 stacks of manually mined cobble already i could burn through first before i make the cobble gen :)

Who knows, maybe ile live someplace nice for once :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably this - I'll check to see if I'm missing something.

UPDATE: Nope, it was the gold transmutation that opened it.

@Xavion - fyi I am on the latest version on the FTB launcher (3.2.4).
3.2.4 isn't the latest version, that's 3.2.4.1, which is the version that removed that requirement.

Also I double checked the recipe for clay, only 1 aqua/2 terra, not 2 aqua/2 terra. Not that it matters much as water wasn't likely your concern anyway.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good progression for wands that isnt' wasteful? Like copper wand to silver to thaumium or can you skip silver?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
3.2.4 isn't the latest version, that's 3.2.4.1, which is the version that removed that requirement.

Also I double checked the recipe for clay, only 1 aqua/2 terra, not 2 aqua/2 terra. Not that it matters much as water wasn't likely your concern anyway.

Thanks Xavion, I'll update now.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good progression for wands that isnt' wasteful? Like copper wand to silver to thaumium or can you skip silver?

Wood/Copper -> Greatwood/Silver -> Whatever really. Silverwood/Thaumium tends to be most common. The greatwood wand is needed because there's a lot of things that need the higher capacity, most notably infusion crafting which is needed for thaumium caps and higher tier wand cores but tons of stuff have costs in the 26-60 range.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Wood/Copper -> Greatwood/Silver -> Whatever really. Silverwood/Thaumium tends to be most common. The greatwood wand is needed because there's a lot of things that need the higher capacity, most notably infusion crafting which is needed for thaumium caps and higher tier wand cores but tons of stuff have costs in the 26-60 range.
Cheers, the alterations to the research is pretty interesting, it makes you unlock new stuff. Although now with the removal of golems it is a lot more difficult to automate steel production, guess bronze is the way to go.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curently leveling my crops to high level but I don't know when I should stop, I heard 21/31/x is the best but how better is it compared to like 15/15/15 ? it's soo slow to level :(

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curently leveling my crops to high level but I don't know when I should stop, I heard 21/31/x is the best but how better is it compared to like 15/15/15 ? it's soo slow to level :(
I think 23 growth is the highest safe number, any higher and crops will spread weed. Yield can be raised to max, resistance should be low as it slows spreading. The difference is noticeable, but nothing crazy, so I'd rather go for quantity over quality.

Also for leveling stats I suggest stickreed. Fastest growth rate (equal to reed but is higher tier so more useful) makes it a lot easier. Get to around 17/18 and then start crossbreeding. This way all new crops will be high stat. Just dont go over 18 with stickreed, otherwise by the time you get diareed etc you will be getting 24+ growth crops, which you will have to kill.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered something very interesting about fixing machines today;
Do not use a soldering iron with ingots in your inventory (even if you also have fine wire), it will use an ENTIRE solder alloy ingot to repair the machine - its been a while since i did anything with solder, but last i checked, you didnt use whacking great big bars of metal to solder circuit boards.
Also, if it hasnt been added already; i do believe we should have a maintenance quest tacked onto the LBB/EBF quest in the book, teach the newer folks how to repair their machines so they dont find out the hard way just how crappy some of them operate without full repairs, because even with enchridion, tell me how many of you realistically read an instruction manual?

Reactions: Pyure

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I discovered something very interesting about fixing machines today;
Do not use a soldering iron with ingots in your inventory (even if you also have fine wire), it will use an ENTIRE solder alloy ingot to repair the machine - its been a while since i did anything with solder, but last i checked, you didnt use whacking great big bars of metal to solder circuit boards.
Also, if it hasnt been added already; i do believe we should have a maintenance quest tacked onto the LBB/EBF quest in the book, teach the newer folks how to repair their machines so they dont find out the hard way just how crappy some of them operate without full repairs, because even with enchridion, tell me how many of you realistically read an instruction manual?

You argument that ingots of metal in Minecraft are "whacking great big bars" does not hold any weight, especially considering that a lot of mods commonly use metal ingots of some sort in a crafting grid to make even the most basic component. In other words, you have only yourself to blame for not reading up on GregTech soldering irons and failing to clear items you wanted to keep from your inventory. Have a nice day! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Considering 9 of em makes a solid 1x1x1 m block of metal or that you can melt them into 144 liters of liquid metal i would say they are probably pretty large but lets not get into realistic amounts in minecraft (solids to gases ratios *mumble* *mumble*). Also i think its an easy mistake to do so i think it's a fair thing to point out. It's all these small things that new players struggle with which can sometimes be easy to forget when you have played gregtech for a while. And i still find new stuff that i have missed and i have played this for quite some time. A lot of these things may be obvious (especially if you carefully read the manual) but there are a LOT of these small little things and its not always so easy to even know where to find the information so its easy to screw up with a few of them.

+1 on the manual quest. In game manuals of advanced machines will save you a lot of trouble. I would love it if you could make one big Gregtech manual of engineering with an index of all the GT manuals that leads to each specific tutorial rather than a lot of specific manuals that clutters your inventory. Think the lexica botania but for gregtech. If you want to balance it make it so you unlock the new chapters in the book with the current recepie we use to get the manuals in the first place. In essence to add the tutorial on the EBF use the great book of engineering together with the EBF main block and some ink and it adds the tutorial to the book instead of creating a whole new manual. A nice end game quest would be to complete the great gregtech manual of engineering by adding all the tutorials for all the multiblock structures

Last edited: