[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Also, seriously how do people get inspiration to build? I have a house made of fir, cuboid, like how do you build aesthetically :/ Always when I play I just build underground so the painful outside isn't visible

Similar to you, I only ever build one-level 'bungalows' on the surface, and then go underground. Anything bigger always looks awful. I have no idea how people plan a building, and then afterwards fill it with machines or magic. It never works out for me. :(

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the low tech pneumaticraft oilcracker. Very cheap and simple MV setup

http://prntscr.com/auoz9v

Seems they changed the recepies a bit since last so not it requires low MV tier to make as you need a MV assembler and some aluminum. Rest is some basic LV machines like the solid extratcor. Beyond that its mostly iron and steel and a bit of gold. You will also need netherrack and 3 blaze rods for the thermopneumatic processing plants. The easiest way i know to make compressed iron is to throw a stack of iron at a creeper and let it explode but beyond that you need no additional pneumaticraft component.

If you want to expand the setup you just expand the refineries in any direction as you can do a lot of refinery towers on a single line of thermopneumatic processing plants. The setup uses almost no LPG at all so its almost completly energy input free.

How to expand the setup
http://prntscr.com/aup63w

It is not super quick but still produces about 10 mb of LPG per second per refinery tower which in coal equivalent would be about 16.8 coal per second for the second picture (for about 30/0.7344~=40,8 mb of oil per second) . if run in a railcraft boiler setup so you could probably run several max size railcraft boilers on just this setup if the math xavion had was correct with how long it lasts in a boiler. Bonkers to say the least :p.

The output could be increased a lot per tower by adding a vortex tube at some part of the refinery however at additional LPG cost.

Edit: I tested feeding a railcraft HP boiler with liquid firebox however was unable to get it into the boiler. However a bucket of LPG worked in the solid fuel firebox and had a burntime of 900000 which is equivalent to 562.5 charcoal/coal or as xavion stated 0.5625 coal per mb of LPG. To automatically feed it buckets of LPG can actually easily be done with a fluid tank. You fill the fluid tank as normal which then fills the bucket and auto-outputs the bucket into the railcraft boiler. it then pulls it out refills the bucket and repeats the process.

http://prntscr.com/aupo10

You can also run a LPG bucket in a maxed out stirling generator for 48 million RF :) at 80rf/t

Confirmed broken!? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlur100

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It is not super quick but still produces about 10 mb of LPG per second per refinery tower which in coal equivalent would be about 16.8 coal per second for the second picture (for about 30/0.7344~=40,8 mb of oil per second) . if run in a railcraft boiler setup so you could probably run several max size railcraft boilers on just this setup if the math xavion had was correct with how long it lasts in a boiler. Bonkers to say the least :p.
At 10mB a second you could run slightly under 10.9 36HP boilers with my number, so a four refinery setup would give enough LPG for 43 36HP boilers for a grand total of 619200L/s of steam. It's managing to reach into that top tier along with Big Reactors and fusion. Of course the setup cost on that would be absurd, over 3000 steel plates for all the boilers. Going to need thousands of magnalium and blue steel for the more than a dozen large steam turbines too. If you can pay it it'd be great though.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Did some additional math to see how much you can produce from the boilers. LP boilers are actually much more efficient than HP boilers these days and a max size LP boiler requires 0.45 burntime per block and tick or 0.45*3*3*4*20=324 burn value per second and produces 7200 mb steam/s. That means that 1 LPG bucket will produce 900000/324*7200= 20 million mb of steam with a LP railcraft boiler which is 13 million EU in a tier 3 large steam turbine setup.

Source: http://ftbwiki.org/Steam_Boiler_Statistics

You would need loads and loads of railcraft boilers but still pretty nuts :) The pneumaticraft setup has quite an output as 10 mb of LPG per second translates to 13 million eu*0.01/20= 6500 eu/tick output wise per refinery tower. With tier 4 turbines it instead becomes 7000 eu/t.

However even running it in a LV steam turbine it would produce 8.5 million eu per bucketor 4250 eu/t per tower

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlur100

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Also, seriously how do people get inspiration to build? I have a house made of fir, cuboid, like how do you build aesthetically :/ Always when I play I just build underground so the painful outside isn't visible

I normally dig into a mountainside or hillside and dig out a series of 11x11 rooms. 11x11 is a little bigger than 9x9 but allows for almost perfectly symmetrical torch placement 2 spaces apart on walls/floors so that the stone or cobblestone floors look evenly lit, it's a small OCD behavior I have. :D Spaces between rooms are 3 blocks thick so as to maintain a spacing for wiring or pipes to go through.

I also like 7 high rooms, so usually have plenty of cobblestone or other rubbish filler materials on hand for the occasional hole or cave I need to fill in, if it's small enough. If it's a big cave, I will block part of it off, backfill where needed, and install a door with a pressure plate on the inside of it. If I happen to hit the outside wilderness, I will simply wall it off to prevent unwanted visitors.

I'm not too concerned about design aesthetics unless necessary for a particular multiblock structure, and then only to the extent needed for the structure, although if there are surfaces that have mob spawn spots on them, I put torches to prevent mob spawns.

I do take out anything that's not cobble or stone, it makes for a more pleasing look to a room and stops me from wondering what that strange pattern is on the internal surfaces of a room. I also cobble along the hidden edges when possible, so as to mark clearly where a room is when digging out a new room or connection to some machine.

It might be boring to some but give me something functionally useful and intended to have machinery in it, and I'll be fine with that. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
To keep a player warm and dry while he makes his way through the early steam era, what better build-style is there than Steampunk? This is my home so far...
mal-2016-04-15_11.31.35.png

Ground floor is cramped and is mostly just an entry way to a ladder. Second floor is a simple "Storage Drawer" storage area and is very organized. Third floor is my steam setup pictured below. Fourth floor is very early LV. No place for Thaumcraft yet, but I am working on it. Hanging off the south side of the house is my 3x3x5 charcoal pit and RC water tower. You can also catch a glimpse of a simple solar boiler that supplements the two small coal boilers inside the house. The chicken above the windmill is my guest of honor. You cannot see the lead around his neck in this picture, but the name of the chicken (and the name town) is The Choking Chicken.

mal-2016-04-15_11.30.04.png

The watermill on the north side and the windmil are cosmetic for now, but I hope to incorporate wind and hydro power somehow just for fun and to waste more resources.

mal-2016-04-15_15.37.31.png

This is the third floor steam setup. The glass tanks of steam required much wasted resources for pump covers to make it work, but it looks cool when I am running low on steam and the levels are going up and down. All pipes are large, again to waste resources and because it looks better. I had to be careful about air spaces around the lava inside the Bronze Blast Furnace to make sure the structure cannot catch on fire. So far, so good.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

To keep a player warm and dry while he makes his way through the early steam era, what better build-style is there than Steampunk? This is my home so far...
- crop -
Sweet crib! All it needs is some GT gears hung inside item frames here and there ;)

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019

Very little space! This will be a major obstacle to development. But very pretty!!!

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
My building style is functional (barely) but not in any way pretty. Then again building asthetic things is really not the reason why i play minecraft. The best way of describing my build style is probably sky map, i expand a floor above water at a few different levels with plenty of space to work with so i can just add a bit of floor and roof as needed as i expand my machine setups. The few times i've tried to build pretty i usually either build to big or to small. To small and im in trouble when i need to expand machines and to big takes a lot of time and makes the building seem empty. Basically i would need to know the size of all my future machines before i start building something nice :p

This behaviour is kinda weird considering i spend hours and hours planing and building the larger GT setups like the distillery system but can barely be arsed to build walls around them :p

I used to build underground before but i realised i like being on the surface more and just have my mining tunnel close to the base.

Last edited:

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
mal-2016-04-15_11.31.35.png

Ground floor is cramped and is mostly just an entry way to a ladder. Second floor is a simple "Storage Drawer" storage area and is very organized. Third floor is my steam setup pictured below. Fourth floor is very early LV. No place for Thaumcraft yet, but I am working on it. Hanging off the south side of the house is my 3x3x5 charcoal pit and RC water tower. You can also catch a glimpse of a simple solar boiler that supplements the two small coal boilers inside the house. The chicken above the windmill is my guest of honor. You cannot see the lead around his neck in this picture, but the name of the chicken (and the name town) is The Choking Chicken.

mal-2016-04-15_11.30.04.png

The watermill on the north side and the windmil are cosmetic for now, but I hope to incorporate wind and hydro power somehow just for fun and to waste more resources.

mal-2016-04-15_15.37.31.png

This is the third floor steam setup. The glass tanks of steam required much wasted resources for pump covers to make it work, but it looks cool when I am running low on steam and the levels are going up and down. All pipes are large, again to waste resources and because it looks better. I had to be careful about air spaces around the lava inside the Bronze Blast Furnace to make sure the structure cannot catch on fire. So far, so good.
Sick,I just smelted a few stacks of stone, built a block house and chiseled it up. My previous world I used a schematic hehe,since building moderately decent is a foreign concept.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
This actually got me a bit inspired into building :) Ive always feelt i like the look of large industrial brick buildings, any good sugestion for how to make huge amounts of clay/bricks? My first thought would be duplication with thaumcraft but what do i use as a essentia source for aqua?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft should be able to duplicate clay, not the best ratios though. Think it's 2 terra and 2 Aqua per clay ball which is fairly easy to manage, 2 cobble smelted into stone + a bucket of water per clay ball, plenty of ways to smelt for free. PneumaticCraft with the heat frame is a good one that while it can be a bit in iron costs is free to run and very fast.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
What's the earliest method to duplicate clay? I am at the steam age and would be nice to get a lot of clay already but there doesn't seem to be any good method at this point.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What's the earliest method to duplicate clay? I am at the steam age and would be nice to get a lot of clay already but there doesn't seem to be any good method at this point.

As I posted just before, alchemical duplication with thaumcraft should work. You'll need a bit of thaumcraft though to get automated alchemy.

An finite water source feeding into an alchemical boiler will give the aqua, and a heat frame or infernal furnace or something with a cobble gen will produce plenty of stone for terra, no extra essentia to deal with and then you just need a basic item loop to prioritize putting clay in the alchemical constructs.

You'll need one steel I got for a great wood wand but that shouldn't be much of an issue between thaumcraft and dungeon loot.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
As I posted just before, alchemical duplication with thaumcraft should work. You'll need a bit of thaumcraft though to get automated alchemy.

An finite water source feeding into an alchemical boiler will give the aqua, and a heat frame or infernal furnace or something with a cobble gen will produce plenty of stone for terra, no extra essentia to deal with and then you just need a basic item loop to prioritize putting clay in the alchemical constructs.

You'll need one steel I got for a great wood wand but that shouldn't be much of an issue between thaumcraft and dungeon loot.
The igneous extruder is available pre-LV right? The cobblegen seems to be the primary hiccup. Steel should be doable hopefully.

Oh and I usually use item conduits but perhaps buildcraft pipes might work?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The igneous extruder is available pre-LV right? The cobblegen seems to be the primary hiccup. Steel should be doable hopefully.

Oh and I usually use item conduits but perhaps buildcraft pipes might work?

The igneous extruder is from thermal expansion so not in the pack, think there's something called a thaumic extruder or similar in the witching gadgets page though for a cobblegen. Buildcraft pipes should work, clay is the really significant one as that's a put into inventory only if inventory has space pipe so you can easily do priority setups simply by putting the output after the alchemical construct.

Filtering a specific item to extract from a heat frame could be trickier if you go that route, think a greedy chest can have a whitelist/blacklist added though which could work. A furnace of some kind would be easier there though.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
The igneous extruder is from thermal expansion so not in the pack, think there's something called a thaumic extruder or similar in the witching gadgets page though for a cobblegen. Buildcraft pipes should work, clay is the really significant one as that's a put into inventory only if inventory has space pipe so you can easily do priority setups simply by putting the output after the alchemical construct.

Filtering a specific item to extract from a heat frame could be trickier if you go that route, think a greedy chest can have a whitelist/blacklist added though which could work. A furnace of some kind would be easier there though.
Meant thaumic extruder hehe. If an inventory is full the buildcraft pipes will continue along right? Hopefully otherwise it'll be tough

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Meant thaumic extruder hehe. If an inventory is full the buildcraft pipes will continue along right? Hopefully otherwise it'll be tough

No, pretty sure they'll still try to insert as normal and eject the item onto the ground if it's full. That's why I mentioned clay pipes, they are specifically a type of pipe that will put items into an inventory if possible but otherwise just continue along.

Reactions: Rogash and Vliro