[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I did know about that part. I'm just wondering what to crossbreed to even get them started.

As usual crossing rubber cane and substituting one by one from the bottom blocks

Attachments

• 2016-04-15_07.33.38.png
    2016-04-15_07.33.38.png
    1 MB · Views: 78
A

Astrik

You mean you havnt been raiding dungeons, towns and thaumcraft altars?
They almost always have manganese and other t1/2 metals (steel, copper, bronze) in chests... i've half a stack of the stuff before i've even finished setting up my EBF.

In order to create sufficient biogas, you need a sizable amount of distilleries and effectively one more turbine than distillery plant (i havnt experimented with using the next stage up of turbine), i've got a two horse system with three LV turbines - my workings and testing showed that each GT distillery could effectively support a pair of turbines with its output - i left it running for about 4 hours while i had an unscheduled nap the other night and came back to a full drum of gas and a stopped system, granted its not an ideal system of making massive quantities of power, but it is a nice little charging station for batteries while i figure out fuel manufacture and makes me less dependent on steam.
I think what youre seeing, is the fact that biogas is converted on a 1:32 ratio, this basically means for every one bucket of biomass you get 32 buckets of biogas, whereas you get 72mb (i think) per potato for methane - either system is still a profit, even when you factor in the cost of operating the fluid canner and machine related power losses.

I had an interesting happening last night, one that forced me into creative mode for a moment ... it seems there is a "splash" radius on GT machines catching fire from rain, ie ... rain falling over a block away caused my wiremill to burst into flames and explode, i guess that will teach me to remove solar boilers that i had over those machines.
It didnt make any sense because, knowing full well that gt machines explode when they get wet, after i removed the boilers i'd placed a shield of cobblestone over them - the shield of stone provided a direct cover from rain, but it was falling on the blocks beside (which were ordinary vanilla stone) - heres where this makes no sense, ive covered machines from direct rain in this way before and nothing like this has ever happened.
I do raid. Found 10 manganese at all. Most dungeons don't contain Manganese

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Garthor

Jul 29, 2019
The block does not need to be present for the crossbreed to occur, only for the plant to fully mature. Best bet for getting coppon, tine, and plumbilia is to just throw a bunch of Nether Warts at each other until one shows up. Once you get one, use it to crossbreed too.

There's some sort of bonus for plants being "similar", but basic plants aren't similar to the ones you're looking for, so you just grab the highest-tier plant you can (which is Nether Wart) and go wild.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Since my lava setup is mostly done i was gonna start fiddling with my advanced oil/biogas setup. I had some questions regarding the lamp of growth as i think those will be essential to increase the production speed of the farm. As i understand it while being feed herba essentia (that i will get from sapplings) they emitt a light that increases growth speed in a radius of 7 and faster the closer it gets. Now if i wanted to place say 4 different lamps of growth around the tree farm where would i put them to get optimal growth? the farm itself will have a 7x7 size so i think i could place them on the sides but maybe it would be even better to place them above the farming station.

One of the bigger questions is do the lamps need to have line of sight and does it work at different height levels? If the lamps could be placed straight in the middle of the farm but below the farming station that would be a really nice solution. Also will i run into problems if i try and connect several lamps of growth with one single essentia pipeline or will i need to make a separate essentia pipe to each lamp? (im a bit of a thaumcraft noob :p)

If people can take the time it would also be nice to see what other types of automated crop/tree farms people in here have done to maybe get some inspiration :)

Edit: From doing some research i found out that the area the lamp inluences is actually a sphere so it should work perfectly to have the lamps below the farm, now i just need to figure out how to feed them herba the best way :)

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop -
I had an interesting happening last night, one that forced me into creative mode for a moment ... it seems there is a "splash" radius on GT machines catching fire from rain, ie ... rain falling over a block away caused my wiremill to burst into flames and explode, i guess that will teach me to remove solar boilers that i had over those machines.
It didnt make any sense because, knowing full well that gt machines explode when they get wet, after i removed the boilers i'd placed a shield of cobblestone over them - the shield of stone provided a direct cover from rain, but it was falling on the blocks beside (which were ordinary vanilla stone) - heres where this makes no sense, ive covered machines from direct rain in this way before and nothing like this has ever happened.
Rainfall adjacent, ie on a block touching, to a GT machine causes it to "burst into flames and explode". You can work around this by using a "drain" cover on the machine and configure it to Keep away liquid... I've even had a machine explode when the block rained upon was a GT cable. Or did you mean the rain fell upon a block two away from the machine?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Is anybody here familiar with the Industrial Craft 2 crops? I've found guides, but I'm unsure if they're accurate for this version. Does anybody have any advice on how to finally get some coppon, tine, and plumbilia?

What do you do to get these plants? I don't see anything with "tina" or "coppon" in the name, only "Cyprium" (Copper) or "Tine" (Tin) when I look in the brown colored bags with a seed on them in the tab labelled "IC2 Crop Breeding" on looking through NEI.

I do know one thing, though, I'm staying well away from the "Eating Plant Seeds" as I do heed warnings like that! :D I wonder if that particular plant likes eating hostile mobs or just passive mobs? :D Doe it also eat mob drops or would I be able to use it as a grinding option?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: Bob558

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to upgrade my server from 3.1.23 to 3.2.3.1. On firing up the server with 3.2.3.1 the load stops with the following message:

[Server] Server thread/ERROR [FML]: There are unidentified mappings in this world - we are going to attempt to process anyway.

I try to connect even though it is still is red. It says "Server is still starting! Please wait before reconnecting." So I assume that the load has hung.

Any ideas about what went wrong?
Well if you are updating from 3.1 to 3.2 there will be some mappings missing, since a LOT has changed. On the server console you need to confirm the missing mappings ("/fml confirm"). If that is not the case, I would need a log to see whats up

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hm. What is actual voltage for this?
Technically it doesn't have a "voltage" so much as an energy consumption rate (anymore) since its an IC2 machine on a broken e-net.
That said, I'm not 100% sure whether it consumes power constantly or just when its performing actions.

Okay, thanks. One more question I suppose: The metal blocks have to be blocks, or can they be ore instead?
In many cases an ore will suffice. I've had mixed results with Iron that I can't explain: I swear I had iron ores working in a few cases, but I had to replace some with iron blocks.

All my coppon is definitely copper ore atm.

Reactions: Mikhail Krutov

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone happen to know a good source for victus? need a lot for lamps of growth apparently
I'd probably take a slight backdoor approach and centrifuge Herba.

I get a TON of victus through my centrifuging processes. Herba is a good source for you because there's a trillion sources of it and a lot of them are easily renewable.

Reactions: Joel Falk

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you are updating from 3.1 to 3.2 there will be some mappings missing, since a LOT has changed. On the server console you need to confirm the missing mappings ("/fml confirm"). If that is not the case, I would need a log to see whats up

Thanks Jason. I think I told you wrong, the upgrade was from 3.2 to 3.2.3.1. (We had already upgraded from 3.1) Anyway, re-tried, going from 3.2 to 3.2.3 and it worked fine.

BTW, just for general education, what are missing mappings?

I set B:"Electrotine Ore retrogen"=true. What does that do? Do I have to turn this back off after one restart of the server?

And finally, is there something I have to do to retrogenerate the oil that you can drill for? (did that make sense?)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Jason. I think I told you wrong, the upgrade was from 3.2 to 3.2.3.1. (We had already upgraded from 3.1) Anyway, re-tried, going from 3.2 to 3.2.3 and it worked fine.

BTW, just for general education, what are missing mappings?

I set B:"Electrotine Ore retrogen"=true. What does that do? Do I have to turn this back off after one restart of the server?

And finally, is there something I have to do to retrogenerate the oil that you can drill for? (did that make sense?)
Missing Mappings: It happens when blocks/items are removed from your world. Mainly happening with removed mods.

The retrogen will let Electrotine Ore retroactively generate in chunks you already explored, so you dont need to generate new terrain in search for that ore.

And as for the oil. You dont need to do anything. GT Oil doesnt actually exist as something visible. It is completely virtual and just a data. So no worries about that.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
And as for the oil. You dont need to do anything. GT Oil doesnt actually exist as something visible. It is completely virtual and just a data. So no worries about that.

If oil is a completely virtual block, why does GregTech add Oilsands ore in worldgen? :D

I have actually come across this ore whilst caving. Would like to know more about it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
If oil is a completely virtual block, why does GregTech add Oilsands ore in worldgen? :D

I have actually come across this ore whilst caving. Would like to know more about it.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Starter oil
Oilsands is a low-profit source of oil you could use to get you right to the oil analyser thingy, without needing to randomly pump oil from 10s of chunks.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Starter oil
Oilsands is a low-profit source of oil you could use to get you right to the oil analyser thingy, without needing to randomly pump oil from 10s of chunks.

Thank you for the reply, I will investigate further next time I come across some.

Did anyone see my post on the Tina and Coppon plants? I'm not seeing those exact names, just some similarly named ones in NEI, and don't know if that's what I should be after.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid